Having problems with Forever 21?

Forever 21 Customer Service Contacts

1888 494 3837 (USA and Canada)
1800 953 142 (Australia)
1800 808 216 (Malaysia)
1800 1322 0063 (Philippines)
800 321 1199 (Singapore)
1800 611-0179 (Mexico)
+1 213 741 8257 (International)
+31 765 480 888 (Europe (Netherlands)
+44 808 168 0541 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 445 571 (New Zealand)
+82 308 321 0013 (South Korea)
3880 North Mission Road
Sat12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Forever 21 Europe
Westbroek 64-66, 4822 ZW Breda, The Netherlands

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Forever 21 Customer Service. Initial Forever 21 complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Forever 21 above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Forever 21. Discuss the issues you have had with Forever 21 and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Forever 21 Complaints & Reviews

Forever 21forever 21 is garbage!

I placed an online order with Forever 21 in February, and didn't receive my order until about 3 weeks later and not to mention the Forever 21 Warehouse is in LOS ANGELES, CA and I literally live about 20 minutes from the warehouse. Anyways...It took 3 weeks to get here and 3 items were defective. I called right away and the lady I spoke to told me to send back the items and I would get a refund upon receiving my items and that the shipping amount I payed would be reimbursed as well. So I ship out the items on March 1st and of course since they are down the street they receive it March 2nd. I call them again and I am on hold for about 45 minutes to 1 hour (not to mention I work and go to school full time, don't have time for all that) So finally they answer me and they tell me they have received my items but that the status is in process. Okay I wait another week and I call again and speak to a man. He CLEARLY states that the refund WILL BE PROCESSED within 5-7 days maximum and after those 7 days it WILL SHOW ON MY ACCOUNT. Okay cool, so that time passes and nothing. I Call again its been 2 weeks I am on hold for 35 minutes (my whole lunch break) and when they finally answer they hang up on me!Okay I took a deep breath and went back to work by now its already May and there is still no refund back on my account for those items. I call again end of May and I can't get a hold of any representative. They ALWAYS have me on hold for almost an hour and then somehow manage to hang up my call. Not to mention so many times I tried emailing them and all my responses are ALWAYS AUTOMATED. Thats USELESS!!! Today finally I was only on hold for about 5 minutes (most likely only because its a holiday) and guess what? A lady answers and puts me on hold to check my status and says "Im sorry but We emailed you on May 10th telling you that the items were not defective and you only had 5 days to respond to either get the items back (no refund) or we would toss the items (no refund)" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! I have never ever received emails from Forever 21, aside from those automated responses to the emails I sent them. This is absurd, and I'm seriously in Awe. So basically I returned items which I payed for and even payed for shipping and they have the adacity to basically say "TOO BAD!" I am calling my bank right now and opening a dispute. Forever 21 has lost a customer. I will not even visit their local stores ever again in my life. DONT SHOP WITH FOREVER 21 They will steal your money!

• Te
      terribletreatment Aug 29, 2013

... were I was questioned for two hours and was asked not to leave untilled I write a statement then for another two hours I was written up and taken through the process of termination. Except they were humiliating me. The list goes on how terrible it was working with these managers. The sad thing was I was such a hard worker they were so lazy I would get stuck on the floor running all there segments almost everyday while they sat in the back in there cellphones and gossiping.

Forever 21charging wrong price

I bought a shirt at Forever 21 that was on sale. The cashier scanned the item and gave me my receipt. I turned away from the register and checked it, and then realized that she charged me about 3 dollars extra. I went back up to the register, but the cashier told me that she could not give me cash back; she could only give me store credit. I asked to see the manager, but she was the manager. Plus, the small slit where the price of the scanned item is shown was covered in hangers! This seemed so ridiculous to me! She charged me the wrong price, and she would not give me my money back! It was only 3 dollars, but what if this had happened repeatedly, or with more money? I ended up exchanging my store credit for cash with the woman behind me. This is a screwed up, horrible policy, and it needs to be changed.

Forever 21rude/stuck up employees

It doesnt matter what forever 21 store you walk into. The employees are so self involved, rude, sassy, stuck up, & everything else you can think of. They literally walk around with stone faces & like theyre too important to greet or be nice to anyone who isnt a fellow employee. The selection of clothes really suck now & so does the quality. They really should be grateful that people endure their rude demeanors because people have gift cards to use up.

• Th
          thankyoukindly May 01, 2012

You seem like a sad lonely person. I feel for you and hope that you find some friends.

Forever 21exchange policy

Forever 21 has got to have the worst return/ exchange policy I have ever heard of. I bought two shirts and a dress on Friday night. I went to wear the dress on Sunday( 2 days later) had it on for 2 hours and it ripped all the way down the seam of the back end. When I called the store to discuss exchanging it or getting store credit( because i knew they wouldnt let me get money back on my card) they told me that they generally would not give store credit or let me exchange because it is a loss to their store..Finally after talking with them they agreed to let me get something of the same price but would not let me just get store credit to use later because the manager said that they would have a loss if I used the store credit at another store.Although I did get something different that was the most ridiculous exyears. change situation I have ever been in and i have worked in retail management for 10 years. I would advise everyone to steer clear of the Forever 21 stores unless you are buying something you are okay with losing out on money if it doesnt work out!!!

• Le
            Leah bo Jun 16, 2012

Okay, so I am 24 years old and wear a size 8 in Abercrombie pants, M in the tops...size 9 in Hollister, and a L in their tops. i am 5'9 and 140 pounds. I am thin, but not a stick by any stretch of the imagination. I just have a medium build is all. my point is, BOTH stores go up to 11/12. If your daughter can not fit into those sizes and is 13, then she is NOT the 'average' size for her age. I had issues finding clothes to fit me as well when I was her age because of my height. and at that point, I hadn't hit puberty so I was built like a stick. They also didn't have different length options most of the time then. That's when I started going to af, because i could wear a 00L, instead of having to wear a 14 at the limited too like everyone else my age.

• Xx
            xx! Apr 03, 2012

FOREVER 21 SELLS CHEAP GOODS.. THAT'S WHY THE PRICES ARE SO CHEAP! while living in denver several years ago, i had the same issue with 2 items i bought and the seam both ripped because of poor construction. BTW I'M A SIZE XS... anyway you don't have to tell them that they ripped... MGMT PRACTICALLY KNOWS! THAT'S WHY THEY DIDN'T WANT YOU TO RETURN IT! My advice for next time if you shop there... bring it into the dressing room and inspect ALL the seams before you buy!

Forever 21 — security tags

I love forever 21 but that certain day when I went, there was this man ringing me up and he scanned all my...

Forever 21unfair & deceptive return policy

I purchased several tops for my daughter online, most of which were on sale. A few of the items were too big. When I contacted Forever 21 to find out about exchanging (NOT refunding) for a smaller size, I was told items purchased online that were on sale are not amenable to exchange. Even though you are not looking for a cash refund, non-fitting items cannot be exchanged for ones that fit. I do not see the point in sticking consumers with merchandise that could simply be exchanged for a proper size. This is a horrible policy and I will not buy ANYTHING from them again. Kohl's and JP Penney's have much more liberal return policies - I will buy from them instead.

• 1b
              1 BigE Jan 03, 2014

I purchased several items at Forever 21 at Rosedale Mall in Roseville MN on Christmas Eve for my wife. I was told when I purchased them that they could be returned for exchange or store credit. My wife and I went there tonight to do just that. I waited in line to return the one item we wished to return while my wife shopped.

I was told by the store clerk and the Manager that I could not return the item since it was "on Sale" when I bought it. That is not what the store clerk told me when I bought the items.

Further, the receipt also says GIFT items are Valid for Exchange through Jan 5th, 2014

Today is January 3rd, 2014

You do not get to see the receipt until after you have purchased something so you have to go by what the clerk tells you when you purchase something. It does say on the receipt that Sale items are all Final sale. But it also clearly states that GIFT items are valid for exchange if purchased after the Nov 3rd.

The manager was no help and could not have cared less if I was even there.

After refusing to do anything I found my wife (who had several items in her arms) and told her. She dropped all the items and we left the store. We would have probably spend another 100.00 if they had honored their own policies.

I will not be shopping at Forever 21 again and I encourage anyone else to also stay away.

They do not follow their own polices and also what isn't on Sale during the Christmas holiday we just had??

Forever 21 — scheduling

I have been employed at forever 21 for awhile and they have always had a problem with the scheduling. It...

Forever 21charged too much-no refund-just store credit!!!

My sister and I have been loyal customers of Forever 21 for about eight years. We have never had any problems until today. We were shopping at the Arrowhead mall location (AZ) this afternoon. Michael, the gentleman that rang us up was highly professional, however, before we had even left the store we noticed we were charged twice for one pair of pants. This was not a big deal, we understand that errors occur. We waited in line once again to get our money back. Michael was not able to correct his mistake so he called his manager over to assist. To our dismay, she said she was unable to give a refund and is only allowed to give store credit in the form of a gift card. I understand this is the company policy for returns/ exchanges, but this was one of your employees that had mistakenly charged us too much money. We had not planned on spending that money at your establishment, but are essentially being forced to, due to your company's ridiculous policy. Not only are we never shopping at Forever 21 again, we are also out money. Hopefully, someone with authority at your company will read this and realize what an asinine policy you have and make some changes. Otherwise, I guarantee you will lose even more faithful customers.

anotherjane Jun 24, 2012

The exact same thing happened to me! So frustrating!

• St
                Streetlamps Oct 27, 2011

I agree! I shop at the Forever21 in Union Square in NYC and I watched another customer got berated for standing up for herself. At least you got a gift card, but apparently this lady was buying a pair of shoes and got charged twice for it, and when she turned back to the register (well, I was next on line, she was in front of me), they claimed she walked away and they charged it correctly even tho her bag had one pair of shoes.

Forever21costomer service

I ordered these really cute shoes online about a week and a half ago, it took 10 days to get there! and then i realized that they were the wrong size and didnt fit i tried to call costomer service and i waited on the line for 10 freaking minutes! i wont be buying anything online from this store ever again. you obviously need new employes. and better costomer service i am not impressed!!!

Forever 21 — management/human resources

The forever 21 stores in El Paso Texas are poorly managed. Dina Turner is the store manager at Cielo Vista...

Forever 21horrible customer service

Today was my first time at Forever 21, I was there with my 2 small children ( 9months and 3 1/2 years old) and my sister. I was falling in love with all the cute outfits but most importantly the inexpensive costume jewelry. I had plenty of items in my bag to purchase and of course my son suddenly had to use the potty. If ANYONE who has children has ever been shopping with their little ones, you can understand how IMPORTANT it is to get to that bathroom and QUICK!!! I gave my items to my sister and she was watching my youngest child and headed to a bathroom that was in plain view.. not blocked by anything, and not located in the back near inventory, I assumed it was a public bathroom. Suddenly, i was stopped by an employee (Male) and was told in a very very unsettling tone that " It is completely unacceptable that I was about to use their employee bathroom, that it's not open to the public". I can completely understand that the bathroom is an employee bathroom, but it is in a horrible position if it cannot be used by the public, but to tell me I can't allow my 3 1/2 year old son to use the bathroom, so i can go back to SPENDING MY MONEY THERE... is absolutely HORRIBLE customer service.. Eventually after several employees shunned me for wanting to use the bathroom, they allowed me to take him in there.

After wards I shared my disappointment in their actions and more so how i was spoken to with the manager.. and she told me almost the same exact thing, and that they don't allow customers to use the bathroom because they shoplift... So I asked her if she thought I went in there to shoplift...that all i wanted to do was continue shopping...that i shouldn't have to leave the store to find a bathroom for my child.. and then come back to continue shopping. She shrugged her shoulders and said "I apologize that they spoke to you that way" and walked away.

I mean honestly.. to give a customer... who obviously has plenty of product to purchase, and eventually that money ends up in their paychecks... would be a little bit more courteous to their customers, and speak to them like they are a guest there and not a pest. Very bad first experience...very very bad. Several customers were appalled by this.

• Ne
                    nenaluvd May 04, 2012

I am a mom and i can understand why this would be such a big deal for you and your sister.. I also understand that when your upset nothing else matters but protecting and making sure your child is safe and ok...
                    The real world is just that and no one is going to give you a pass just because you have a child. I think you should have humbled yourself and apologize for the misunderstanding and let them know this was your first time in the store and you wasnt aware that if you cant use the restroom then you would have to just leave and that you understand the rules... long story short RULES ARE RULES and they dont always seem right esp when little kids are in the middle.

• Dc
                    dcgldcgl Oct 03, 2011

The store employees were absolutely correct. It's not their problem that you failed to plan before shopping w/ your children. You should have taken your 3 1/2 year old to the public restroom before you began shopping in their store. Retailers do not have the time/personel to clean and take care of a public restroom. You are lucky they allowed you to eventually use it at all due to the fact that if you or your kid would have fallen or in some way hurt yourself while back there then you'd be ready to sue and they wouldn't have had a leg to stand on because you should have never been allowed back there in the first place. Sorry they were rude to you but you shouldv'e just accepted the fact that they did not have a public restroom and left. If you did not want to come back and shop then "oh well..don't!"

• Sl
                    SlayerGal Sep 20, 2011

It was an employee bathroom, for employees. If you want to use their bathroom, get a job there.

We don't have a public bathroom in our store, but our small mall has three locations to go. My customers have absolutely no problem leaving the store with their kid (hell, even adults by themselves that have to go) and coming right back.

I have never had a customer complain that they couldn't use our bathroom and I've worked their for 6 years. Guess my clientele is just more refined.

• De
                    Dezign8 Sep 20, 2011

Never happened.

• De
                    Dezign8 Sep 20, 2011

Let the kid pee his pants in public that'll teach him to hold it and to go twice before leaving the house.

• Mo
                    Mother0F2 Sep 20, 2011

LOL @ rinke.dink apparently you have never been to Atlantic City...there aren't any bathrooms therefore they lose a sale for the day because nobody in their right mind would walk all the way back to the store to continue shopping..because honestly your kid would pee their selves before even reaching a bathroom. This complaint was more aimed towards mothers and other individuals with children shopping in that store, and apparently not towards you.

Forever 21 — poor customer service

Our friend from Germany paid cash for an article of clothing. She decided to return it. Only store credit wa...

Forever 21 Storesbogus return policy

I have a complaint about forever 21. Their stores are not required to accept returns. Even when they do, they aren’t required to give a cash refund. A lot of forever 21 stores have a “store credit only” policy. People get in the habit of buying things on impulse with the assumption that the item can be returned at any time for cash. That is not always the case, and management knows this but ignores policy. I always check store’s return policy before purchasing anything I might need to return, especially at stores like forever 21! And this is coming from someone who has returned less than 5 items in 20 years of shopping, I don’t do it a lot, but some stores make it way harder than others.

Forever 21 — ignorant and rude employees

I was at forever 21 in Ross Park Mall in Pittsburgh, PA today with friends and my friend wanted to try on a...

Forever 21unethical conduct

I was previously employed by this company in 2011 in downtown Huntington Beach for 6 months. Of course at first everyone is sweet as pie, after a while the store manager (Terry)definitely started to show her true colors. She is the most unethical manager I have ever met in my life. This woman should not be working with or around people. She talks down to her employees like children playing with fire and running around with sharp objects. She even yells at the employees infront of customers all the time. This kind of mental employee abuse should not be tolerated. kids shopo in this store all the time and witness this happening, what if they believe that this ok to talk to someone like this. She must have some kind of disorder to make her blow up the way she does. I would never reccommend anyone to shop here considering it probably will make them sick to their stomach and ruin their experience. My husband never believed me until he heard more then one employee complain about similar things. He immidiately made me quit. I have never been treated or seen people be treated so unethical at a job in my entire life. PLEASE DON"T EVER WORK HERE!!

• Vi
                        violetkitty Dec 27, 2011

I work at a new location in Lexington, KY and lml62, we are pretty much forced to be annoying. They make sure we're talking to you and asking you stuff and trying to get you to buy more items. I hate it, and I know people don't like that when they shop.

• Lm
                        lml62 Dec 05, 2011

That's weird, because I'm actually a customer there and i have seen a lady just completely talk down to another employee almost everyone I'm there. I actually stopped shopping there cause everyone there seems so annoying and fake and won't leave me alone when I'm shopping.

Another employee Aug 17, 2011

Actually the poster in question has just been fired from this job. She did not quit as she stated in her letter. I too work at this location and Terry is nothing like she mentioned. I won't give you the reason that this person was fired, however most employees get along with Terry and love her. It is the other way around unfortunately and the writer of this letter has been rude. Used profanity against a customer. I admit the customer was being rude and unrealistic. But funny thing is she talks about setting bad examples to children when she uses profanity in the presence of children.

Forever21hours

Hi well i worked at this awful store for about 5 months because that was all i could handle mainly because management is so bad its the worst putting up with people that have no brain is no fun. When i started i let them now my availability hours yet for some reason no matter how many times i gave them my full time class schedule (4 times by the way) my manager never got the point after i wouldn't show up for my shift she would give me angry phone calls and asked why i didn't bother to show up for my scheduled shift i would say hello... excuse me i have given you my schedule so many times and yet you do this im in school im not going to stop going to school just for an $8.25 an rate that doesn't even pay for gas i don't see why its so hard to look at my schedule and not give me shifts at the same time im in school its not rocket science you can do it. Honestly these managers are awful no prior management experience they act like kids and need education and to learn the law so one of these days this meager corporation will be ruin by there own people and have large numbers of law suits on there hands. My ex manager is such a child that she wants to be on the bad girls club that statement came out of her own mouth that same night i was closing well she kicked us all out at 11 told us to leave and return at 6 a.m the next morning to finish closing...oooo and the only reason she wanted us out at 11 p.m was because she was going to party it up and people were waiting for her can you believe that honestly is i was the owner of this meager clothing store i wouldn't have idiots running my stores waste of time and money.

Forever21cherged my debit card twice

there was a new sales associate who had no idea what she was doing during checkout she ended up swiping my card for my $80 purchase and did not get a receipt so she called over her manger who then swiped it again for another $80 as she was swiping i told her the first transaction went through because i get instant text messages for all my transactions. she then said are machine will catch it and it wont charge you twice, well it did and i had to take my receipt in to the forever 21 near my home bring a printout of my bank statement file a claim and wait 2weeks to get my money back. note to self PAY WITH CASH

Forever21.comunknown charge

In Feb 2011 I had an unknown charge of $34 something dollars on my Amex card. I never make purchases under $50 but I shop very regularly at Forever 21's website so I checked my account at Forever21 to confirm and the charge was not there. So I took this matter to both my cc company as well as Forever 21. Amex issued a refund immediately and I was told that they were trying to reach Forever 21 but had no response and that they had dropped the matter. So my issue was resolved but my account at Forever 21 was suddenly blocked and so was my shipping address. After MANY grueling LONG phonecalls and HANG UPS by Forever 21's representatives I was finally told that a block was issued on my account with the reason being that a chargeback was filed against me. When I asked the representatives to check if the charge was even in their systems, I was told no. SO clearly it was a technical mistake on either Forever 21's part or Amex. I was then told to wait and that the misunderstanding would be cleared up but after a few weeks my situation was forgotten.

I have been trying to clear this up again yesterday (May 2011) but now I am being told the SAME THING. That a chargeback was filed against me for an imaginary order that does not even exist. Until today they decided to change the story out of nowhere and claim that the charge DID exist so I asked for the order information in case it was fraud. They proceeded to send me information on $100+ orders that I DID place and NEVER placed complaints about. So again I had to clarify that I was referring to the $34 charge even though I state it in almost EVERY SINGLE email. Makes me wonder if they even ACTUALLY read what I type. SO now FINALLY I think we are on the same page and they understand the $34 charge does not exist but you would think now they can unblock my account? NO, I get this as my reply:

Hello,

Thank you for your email response. All information in the emails being sent to us is understood and clear. As stated we will not unblock the account or the address.

I have been a loyal consistent shopper at Forever 21 online and in the stores for years. This is how Forever 21 treats loyal shoppers? With very rude and poor customer service. If AMEX did not refund my charge I would have been stuck with paying that $34 since Forever21's definition of customer service is just to immediately BLOCK you and ignore your problem. So now I am blocked from buying anything at Forever 21's website AND I still have NO idea how I was even charged with that mysterious $34.

• I had a dress arrive damaged and went online and reordered it immediately because my daughter wanted to wear it for Homecoming. I quickly sent the dress back the next day. It has been going on four months now and I still have not received my refund. I have spoken with customer service and they have confirmed they received the return and they told me they don't understand why I have not received my refund yet. Sad they treat their customers this way. My daughter wants a gift card for Christmas but I refuse to shop online for this store ever again. From what I have been reading the stores are not much better either when it comes to their return policies.

• Di
                              dislikeforever21forever Nov 20, 2011

I ordered online and I received a broken hoop earring. Even if it was an inexpensive piece, it was still a broken piece. I won't open the package. It is hard to get in touch with Forever 21. I just called and spoke with a Customer Care associate and she told me jewelry can't be returned. I told her it is broken and I will not pay for a damaged item, I am a customer, and why should I be charged!? She said MAYBE I could get my money refunded. She took the order number and said she would fill out an Escalation???? form for me. We'll see what happens. I am going to hound them about this, even if it is only an earring. It was shipped to me broken. People who order things should not have to accept broken items. It's the principle of the thing! If this is their business practice, then they should be reported to the Better Business Bureau. After I had ordered online, I started hearing bad things about their business practices. I wish I had never ordered from Forever 21, but my granddaughter wanted some things for Christmas from that store. Never again!!!

Forever 21 — ripped off

This store in Savannah, Georgia is very suspicious and shady. I came in to return a few items I bought, and...

Forever 21store policy

here is the problem, i purchased a necklace item online and when i opened it the necklace was DEFECTIVE because i was not able to unhook it to put it on. But the problem is that the item was FINAL SALE, i called a few store about the policy in the ny area. i told them that i understand their policy of their FINAL SALE but i also told them the item is DEFECTIVE and they told me that they will not take it back and that i have to ship it back to the company. so, i called customer service and explain about my situation and asked if i could exchange the item in the store and the funny thing is that the rep told me i was able to do so at the store. why is it a problem to exchange the item that is DEFECTIVE and FINAL SALE. On the return policy it never said that i have to return only by mail when the item is DEFECTIVE. warning, if you brought a defective product that is online, depending on your area they will not take it back at the store and you would have to go through a process of shipping it back to the company even if you explain to them that you spoke to customer service about it. they still will not value you as a f21 customer. what is the point of having a customer service? is it to pretend that they are helping you and give high hopes that f21 is their to help you when the store don't want to listen? what sense is that? never purchasing anything from there again.

UpsetConsumer May 02, 2011

make no sense why they would sale a defective item and have the customer go through the trouble of complaining.

• Po
                                pobarjenkins May 02, 2011

I do not think it is unreasonable to be expected to ship something back either.

Upsetconsumer, defective merchandise doesn't matter if something is final sale. Often, a reason why an item is final sale is because it is defective.

UpsetConsumer May 02, 2011

i totally agree with you. i believe the store manager likes to make up their own rules as they please or pick and choose who they want to help or not.

UpsetConsumer May 02, 2011

no no, what i mean to say is that my product is FINAL SALE and it is DEFECTIVE. f21 kept on telling me that they will not take it because it is FINAL SALE which i understand but it was giving to me DFFECTIVE therefore, they are ignoring the part that is DEFECTIVE and telling me to ship it back because it their fault which i dont think it is their fault because the way it was made was not proper.