Ford Motor Companyford fusion transmission

I am a long standing customer of Ford. I was the accounting manager in
a Ford dealership for over 25 years. At the time of my retirement my husband and I purchased a 2013 Fusion Titanium. We absolutely loved this car!!! On a recent trip we were in Bloomington, Il and our transmission started acting up. I took it to the Ford dealer, Leman Ford. We were told that our 51000 mile Fusion needed a new transmission. The cost of the repair was somewhere around $5200.

I have researched this and have found that Ford has been having many complaints regarding transmission problems. As we had no other choice, we sold our Fusion as is, and rented a car to return to our home.

We fully expected to get many more miles from this Fusion and are deeply disappointed in Ford. After owning F150, Taurus, Ranger, Mustang, Maverick, and Pinto, I was not a happy Ford customer.

Both my husband and I have been in the car business for many years and we know how to take proper care of a car. Our Fusion was in excellent condition with a pristine interior, frequent oil changes, newer tires, and updated NAV.

We are now in search of a new vehicle. Should I look at another Ford?? After so many years with Ford, I just don't know for sure!!!

I will look forward to hearing from you soon,
Judy Gibson
Email: [protected]@icloud.com

• Updated by judykgib, Oct 15, 2019

When can I expect a reply to my Fusion transmission complaint? I submitted it earlier on Oct 8 and it is now Oct 15 and I have yet to receive any reply! Is Ford Motor Company at all interested in keeping a long standing customer?? The first car I ever drove was a 57 Ford, I sure hope my beautiful 13 Fusion will not be my last. I am hoping that Ford is still trying to maintain great service to it's many customers.

Judy Gibson