Having problems with Ford?

Ford reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 20, 2006. The latest review 2014 fusion was posted on Nov 29, 2021. The latest complaint 2014 ford escape was resolved on Jun 21, 2019. Ford has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 2035 reviews. Ford has resolved 150 complaints.

Ford Customer Service Contacts

1800 771 199 (Ireland)
133 673 (Australia)
8800 500 4201 (Russia)
1800 107 363 673 (Philippines)
1800 588 888 (Vietnam)
1800 112 3673 (Mexico)
+1 800 392 3673 (United States)
+44 203 564 4444 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 367 369 (New Zealand)
+32 24 822 000 (Belgium)
+45 43 582 000 (Denmark)
+31 707 703 777 (Netherlands)
+351 808 200 556 (Portugal)
+41 445 111 445 (Switzerland)
+65 63 762 233 (Singapore)
+27 860 011 022 (South Africa)
+82 16 006 003 (South Korea)
+54 800 888 3673 (Argentina)
P.O. Box 6248

Postboks 514, 1410 Kolbotn

Russia
ul. Moskovskaya, 18, a/ya 64, g. Khimki, Moscow region, 141402

Spain
Aptdo. de Correos № 3, 46700 Gandía (Valencia)

Sweden

Singapore
305 Alexandra Road, Singapore 159942

South Africa
PO BOX 411, Pretoria 0001

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Ford Customer Service. Initial Ford complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Ford above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Ford. Discuss the issues you have had with Ford and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Ford Complaints & Reviews, Page 19

Ford Motor CompanyRelocation of the fuel pump fuse and the cost of the repair.

I took my 2013 F150 truck in because I was having starting issues. After two and a half days I was told I needed a tune up and the fuel pump fuse needed relocated approx. $1, 300. I informed them that my truck had been tuned up a few months earlier (something they should have known). I then got a text that I still needed the fuse relocation $602.00. After watching a u-tube video I found out that this has been a problem with Fords and Ford motor company was aware of the problem. After seeing how easy it was to make this change I was going to do it my self by the time I contacted the dealership they had already started the job. I ask for a loaner and they said they didn't have one. I had to rent a car for the days they had my truck. My problem is the had my truck for approximately 4 days to do what appears to be a 45 minute job and charge $602.00 not counting the car rental. The repair kit can be purchased for $25. I have recently received my second re-call meaning I'll be with out my truck for another day. Work preformed a Tuscaloosa Ford Tuscaloosa Alabama. Why so expensive and take so long. 3rd F150 looking elsewhere!

Ford Motor CompanyService

Lynch Ford, Mt Vernon Iowa, 7/1/19 How in the world could a replacement key for a 2013 F350 cost $178.00 . You can get the keys online for $9, but the dealer charges you $45. I only received 1 key with my purchase of a used truck. But I learned that you need 2 keys to program a 3 or 4 key. So I had to go to the dealer for the 2nd key. 15 minutes later and $178.00 I had my 2nd key. Really what a scam.

Ford Motor Company2010 Ford Fusion / 6 Speed Transmission:

We purchased a 2010 Fusion from Elk River Ford, MN. in 2012 and took the extended warranty. They never told us the car had been in an accident, that's just a side bar. Transmission had the common lurching downshifts during deceleration and erratic shifting on excelleration. The dealer couldn't fix it so they replaced the transmission in 2014( With a new one, we were told, also not true.) It was simply rebuilt at the dealer. Now we are back in with the same issue and now it needs a $4, 200.00 rebuild or $5, 200.00 new one. After leaving it at the dealer for over a week while on vacation in Michigan. During this whole time with no communication or response from the dealer after repeated calls as to progress on the diagnosis. We had to cut our vacation short by a day because we didn't know if we had a car to use. No one at Elk River Ford could even tell us if the car had been looked at.
      When we showed up on Saturday to get to the bottom of this, our car is in the back of the lot and nobody at the dealership can find my wife's car keys which has her work keys for her office on them. I had to rent a car to make sure we both could get to work. Needless to say I will not be having them do the work and after taking my vehicles to them for brakes, tune ups, tires and oil changes, they won't see any more of my money. And while I'm ranting, how many people got scammed on this Goodyear tire rebate that never came. Or the two year long air bag recall while you drive this lemon at your own risk the whole time. Or the low-tire sensor that they don't have an answer for.

I am in sales and manufacturing myself and I know the difference between good, honest customer service, and a company that doesn't acknowledge issues with their product and stand behind it. I was actually considering buying a Ford Explorer as I had driven rentals many times and liked the ride, but I'm sure that I will never buy another Ford again after my experience with this turd.

Ford Motor CompanyCustomer Services and Warranty coverage

My vehicle is leaking from the turbo charger seals and the drive train warranty states that it is a covered expense. I spoke to someone in your customer service (cs) department last night who also told me it was covered and provided me with a case number. The dealership stated that the case number was short 4 numbers. When I called the cs dept again they told me that if the dealership states it is not covered then they are correct.

How can you get 2 completely different responses from the same place! Well probably because they do not speak fluent English and didn't understand half of what I said, nor could I understand them.

The part is covered by the warranty if it is the entire part, but the inside individual parts are not covered. So then I need to have the dealership replace the entire part? This seems like a scam so Ford doesn't have to pay.

Seriously I thought Ford was all American! I was a proud Ford owner and have been for most of my adult life. My car buying decision will now change based on this service.

Ford Motor Companytailgate issues

Hello,

I know this isn't going to help me replace my tail gate latch and trim cover. Let me share you my experience.

I have a 2016 Ford F-150 Lariat 502a package. Sometimes I use my truck to haul my camping trailer, so this happened one time and could happen again. I always carry my key fob in my pocket. So what happen is that I had my camping trailer hooked up and plugged in to the truck. I was driving down the road for hours not knowing that my tailgate popped open. The tail gate was laying on top of the power jack on the trailer and ruin the latch and trim covering that goes around the latch. I believe that this shouldn't had happen at all. The truck knows that the trailer is hooked up and should had disable that feature. Now I am very disappointed about this. Please get back to me about this matter and I can give more details answer more questions if you need.

This is my VIN # 1FTEW1EGXGFC511292

tailgate issues

Respond

Ford Motor Companylack of parts creating a back order with no further information available

2016 Ford Explorer rear A/C lines corroded and leaking. (3 1/2 years old). No parts available, had to be back ordered. Total lack of information regarding Estimated Time of Delivery which forced me to cancel vacation plans and leaves me with no ability to reschedule. Dealership told me there is no way of knowing when the order might arrive despite the fact I had to prepay for the parts. Since there are no parts available and the dealer advised me he originally had 2 sets in stock one can only assume this is an ongoing issue with this vehicle. I have had this vehicle since it was new. I have never had corrosion ruin any lines on any of my vehicles in less than 10 years. Poor quality parts made from inferior materials is the only reason for this. More importantly my life and my families life is on hold waiting for any information so I can schedule the repair and get on with my life.

1 Response
              • Mo
                motivation spirit 6622 Jun 30, 2019

Excellent content for know more related details keep in stay below active link

Ford Motor Companywent to town and country ford with a vibrations to my truck when I applied the brakes

FORD OWNER CASE NUMBER FILED ON 6.19.2019 CAS-[protected]. 1.800.392.3673
              We brought our truck to Town & Country with this problem:
              When I applied my brakes, my truck would vibrate.
              Your tech told me that I needed brakes which included re-surfing the rotors, replacing front and rear brakes and replacing the brake kit. This would cost me $480.00 and was promised that this would resolve my problem
              The problem wasn't fix. I reported this to your service department. I brought the truck back on the date that the service writer said I could bring it to them. It was nearly 3 weeks later because the tech said they were backed up. I was told at this time that I needed two new rotors because the re-surfing didn't work and they would pay half. On June 6, 2019, kYLE SAIN WROTE TO BBB THAT HE wish to supplement the record with the additional fact that when Ms. Williams returned her vehicle on March 19, 2019 and we performed additional service, WHICH WAS THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE BRAKES THAT REQUIRED ME TO PURCHASE NEW ROTORS work that totaled $433.40. As a sign of "good faith" Town & Country agreed to do the work for Ms. Williams for $216.50 and wrote off $271.40 as "customer good will". THIS WAS NOT A NEW SERVICE BUT BECAUSE THE BRAKES STILL WAS DOING THE SAME THING I HAD TO PAY $216.00 MORE FOR THE SAME PROBLEM THAT WAS TOLD TO ME WOULD COST $480.00. THIS WAS NOT ADDITIONAL NEW WORK. THIS IS BECAUSE MY BRAKES WERE DOING THE SAME THING. TOWN AND COUNTRY DIDN'T DO ME ANY FAVOR AT ALL. They gave me my truck back as being repaired KNOWING IT WASN'T... I was told that the new rotors would definitely fix the problem. I had to pay an additional $216.00 and the problem still wasn't fix. They tell me now that I need to pay an additional $275.00. I was offered a 20% discount on any additional work. I don't want additional work, I just want my brakes fix without any more additional charges TO ME. This is my main source of transportation and I have two babies I have to transport daily. Town and Country now tell me they are sorry that they were not able to FIX THE BRAKES ON A FORD F 150 PICKUP WHICH I BOUGHT FROM HERE, GET IT SERVICE HERE AND GET ALL BODY SHOP REPAIRS...REALLY!!
              When I ask for assistance from Town & Country support team and the BBB...The solution that Co-Owner & General Manager Kyle Sain RECOMMEND WAS FOR ME TO TAKE IT ELSEWHERE FOR MY REPAIRS at my cost and he will not allow me to get ANY OF my monies back AND WON'T FIX MY TRUCK.

Ford Motor Company2012 ford fusion air conditioning

While using air conditioning it will suddenly turn to full heat. I have had the car to the dealership three times while under warranty for this problem. Each time they have had to take out my dashboard which has affected my weAther stripping. The problem is now happening again and my car is no longer under warranty. I am now told by the dealership that if it is the same problem the part will be covered but I will have to pay for labor. Well labor is 95% if the cost of this repair. How am I expected to pay for a repair that was never fixed correctly while under warranty? All our cars in the family are fords but I may not buy another one when I decide to get a new car

Jun 29, 2019

Puente Hills Ford Dealership — general manager abusing customers

On June 20th I took my 85 year old mother-in-law to Puente Hills Ford to test drive and possibly purchase a...

Ford Motor Companywater in the taillight of my 2018 ford 150.

While I was in for service at my Ford dealer (Lakewood Ford, Lakewood, WA), I discussed with them the water inside my taillight. They informed me that the taillight would have to be about 1/3 full of water before they could replace it. That is so wrong. It makes no sense to me that I will have to wait until the bulbs are rusted before the leaking taillight can be replaced.

Is this really the way Ford operates?

Jeff Eberle
                  jeff.[protected]@comcast.net

Respond

Ford Motor Companyservice department (truck repair misdiagnose)

Took my 2005 F250 diesel 6.0 powerstroke for lack of power at 75 miles per hour. Press on the gas pedal and truck vibrates, does not acceleration. Release pedal evens out. Have to travel only at 50 miles or less. Technician said it was an injector, crankshaft sensor, hose and clamp. Total $1269.00. Picked up truck, drove it out on the road, did the same thing, no change. Told them to drive it out on the road so they could see what the truck did. Took it back, now it the fuel pump, another $1200.00. Asked them about what they were going to do with the first parts they put that did not fix the problem, was told will give you a discount on the fuel pump. $200.00 off. Why should I have to pay again for a mistake they did. I am retired, on a fix budget, and can not be ditching out $1000.00 . What if that not the problem, check it again and I'll have to ditch out more money. How can I have the confidence that they are fixing it correctly or just changing parts to see if that the problem. Sames motor company, Laredo Texas. It's there as of today June, 27, 2019. My name is Jorge Garza, 115 Kentucky, Laredo. Texas.

Ford Motor Company2017 ford limited f150 lug nut issue

I purchased a new 2017 F150 Limited in June of 2017 Vin#1FTEW1EG1HFA65089.
                      This vehicle has been serviced exclusively by the selling dealership.
                      Recently I attempted to remove a wheel to clean debris. I carry a 13/16 impact socket and breaker bar for a road emergency. The socket would not fit. I tried the lug wrench from the vehicle and it would not fit? After a little researce I find this is a common issue.
                      I priced replacements from the dealer and found this would be a sizeable expense. The vehicle has a 100000 mile ESP warranty. I was told that this is a wear unit like brakes tires belts etc.
                      Is this infact true?
                      I have owned 3 Harley F150's and 2 Limited 150's since 2000. Other than some warranty computer issues I have never seen anything like this.
                      What if I had a flat on a busy road?
                      Is there any assistance or warranty available to replace these defective lug nuts?
                      Jim Olin
                      304 Maria Ct.
                      Minooka, IL 60447

1 Response
                        • Wa
                          wanderrr Jul 09, 2019

I had this problem too with my 2016 F150. I have my tires rotated by the Ford dealership six times and this last time, they said they could not rotate my tires due to "Swollen lug nuts". Zeck Ford at Leavenworth KS informed me that lug nuts will swell and I need to replace them with steel lug nuts to avoid the problem. This would come out of my pocket as a wearable item. SIX tire rotations and the lug nuts are not good anymore... So 6 lug nuts per tire and $9 per lug nut..$232 with taxes to replace ...OUCH!!!
                          NOT happy with Zeck Ford in Leavenworth ks [protected] or Ford Customer Support [protected]

Billy Summers
                          Leavenworth, KS

Ford Motor Companyi'm complaining about service

Dear Ford Company team,

I own Ford Taurus 2017. I had an issue since I bought it. I booked an appointment for maintenance in Al Jazirah Vehicles Agencies Co.Ltd. Saudi Arabia Jeddah (Airport Road, Ar Rayaan) in order to receive the car and fix the problem. Unfortunately, I went to the branch, but employees are on strike there, so nobody their to receive the car after waiting a week for that appointment. I drove to the main branch Jeddah at (Al-Madinah Almnorah road, As Salamah) and again the whole system is down, no one their to help or give an answer.

As a loyal customer to Ford I was strongly frustrated from such a service here and I recommended your authority to speak and take an action. Why should I stay a loyal to this company were all after sales services is miserable.

Best Regards
                        Dr. Murhaf Korani

i'm complaining about service

Ford Motor Companybrand new 2018 ford f150 xlt

Musty/moldy smell when I first open the doors up. This started about 3 weeks ago and finally got it into the Ford dealership. The smelt what I was smelly and search the whole vehicle for leak etc. sprayed the vents per ford procedure. I picked the truck up and the minute I opened the door smell is still there. Truck is just barely 6 months and have tried numerous things on the internet still smells.

Jun 25, 2019

Ford Motor Company — ford f150 lead frame service bulletin number 19n01

My trucks Transmission Molded Leadframe is currently being replaced at Mall of Georgia Ford [protected]...

Ford Motor Company2008 ford explorer

About 2 years ago I purchased a 2008 Ford Explorer, with about 95K miles on it. I spoke to a mechanic before I purchased it, and he warned me against buying a Ford Explorer. He said that it is a known issue thar Ford Explorers are notorious for having transmission problems at about the 150K range. The explorer I was interested in was very well taken care of, and I Was only planning to keep it for a short time. Against his recommendation, I purchased the explorer. Just as the mechanic predicted, at 143, 000 miles, third gear of the transmission started to slip and the error code indicated transmission issues. I brought my explorer to several mechanica who confirmed this, and all of their estimated to replace the transmission were in the $5, 000. range. I basically wasted my money in buying this Ford.
                            I was always a huge fan of Ford, and am still driving my 2004 Ford F150 pickup since I bought it back in 2005. With only around 90K original miles, this vehicle is starting to experience mechanical issues as well. I have always been aloyal Ford customer, but the experience I have with the Explorer has caused my to eliminate Ford products from my list of potental new vehicles.
                            It's a shame that the transmission issues are well know by all, and the fix is too costly to bear. I spent 7K on an explorer only 2 years ago, and it is now worthless.
                            I wish that Ford could warranty the transmission due to a design flaw in it. I feel this would only be right. I am an SUV guy, and put around 30K per year on my vehicle. The next logical step for me would be to buy a new or late model explorer, but I am so afraid of Ford products that I can't take the risk again.
                            Sincerely
                            Bob Koripsky
                            [protected]
                            96 Kenwood Avenue
                            Stratford, CT 06614

Ford Motor Company15 passenger transit van

We rented this van for our Family vacation. The older and disabled people in the family had really difficult times getting in and out of the vehicle. There should be some types of step to enter and exit the van. There was no room for luggage. We were cramped in the seats because we had to put our luggage in the seats with us. There is no head room to move in and out of the vehicle.

Ford2015 explorer airbag light: rear inflatable seat belts

My ‘15 Explorer airbag light came on steady at 45k miles. I have the BLIS/rear inflatable airbags package. Dealer said the rear seatbelt airbag wiring harness has to be replaced at a cost of $782, and the manager warned me that none of the airbags will work in the event of an accident. I have read that this is a known issue in ‘14-‘16 Explorers. Why is this not being recalled then? It's a safety issue and Ford needs to stand behind their defective inflatable seatbelts.

Ford Motor Companyf150 truck

I have just bought my 6th F150 in a row and i have 6 ford work trucks for my company. I want to know how a Lariat can not come with GPS I bought my daugter a honda and it came standard. But also more importantly the auto start stop is horrible and dangerous. I can leave every button in the car on my tempature my seat heater but I have to hit that stupid button everytime I start the truck its ridiculous who designed this thing and why cant I turn it off. I may never buy another Ford if this is how things are going to be done. Also why cant I find an email on your website for customer service. Its unbelievable we cant comunicate with the company.

Ford Motor Company2014 ford escape

I own a 2014 Ford Escape. On my drive to work my transmission suddenly went out. There were no indications a problem existed previously.
                                    I spoke to my dealer who stated this was an ongoing issue with this model car due to the design of the coolant/transmission placement. I w3as unable to trade in or finace a repair on my own.
                                    I'm hoping Ford can stand behind their product and make this right by repairing the faulty transmission.
                                    Thank you.
                                    Andrea Hawes
                                    [protected]
                                    2410 Fairview Rd, Seaman Ohio 45679

RESOLVED

Nothing was done. Please remove post