1 American Rd, Dearborn, MI, 48126, US
Fri:9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sat:Closed

Reviews and Complaints

FordFraud

I was sold a wrecked car by Ford Motor Company. It was a pre-certified car with Power train warranty. It was involed in a car crash by the other owner . I was never told this when I bought the car from Apple Ford here in Maryland. I have also been to court for the other owners emission fines for 2015, 2016. I didn't own the car at that time. By Maryland law I cannot drive the car on Maryland roads. The dealership has been charged by the Maryland department of transportation for Maryland Vehicle law 15-313(a). I am out of 15, 000. 13, 720 for the price of the wrecked car 1, 455 and court costs. And cannot get my money back from Ford. I have ripped off by Ford Motor Company and the Car dealership.

Feb 20, 2020

Ford Motor Company — 2014 Ford escape

I purchased a used 2014 Ford Escape in March of 2017. On January 10th 2019 I was told that I had to replace...

Feb 06, 2020

Ford Motor Company — repairs

The repair associated with the warranty replacement of my Diesel engine for a Ford Transit 250 has been...

Ford Motor Companyrecall/customer service/no assistance offered

2013 Ford Focus recalls on the transmission clutch and module and the fuel system. I have tried to get someone to help me with trading in my car due to the continual problems with taking my car to the shop to fix the re called part that had already been fixed. No one is willing to help! Please someone help me, trade out this car my warranty has expired and I have to have transportation to work! [protected]@gmail.com

• Updated by Unhappyfordowner · Jul 18, 2019

I have written letter to customer service, I just spoke with someone name Ashley from the Ford Service Team today and she did the same thing everyone else does. NOTHING! I don't have a warranty on the car anymore, what they don't tell you is when they replace a recalled part you have 12, 000 mile warranty if the part goes out after that they will not fix it again even though they know it is a recalled part! Why is it that they will assist some people with getting out of this car but everyone that is having this problem! What can I do to get out this car that I'm still paying for?

Ford Motor Companyf 350 6.7l diesel

I purchased a used Ford F350 6.7l Diesel truck with 108, 000 miles on it. I got a carfax on it and it was clean. Purchased in June of 2016. On marck 15th 2019 At 125k miles the engine seized and cracked the block. I have owned this truck for just less than 3 years and put 17, 000 miles on it. This is my 17th Ford Vehicle and I have to admit that this was one huge disappointment especially after being told that the new 6.7l diesel is the best diesel engine that Ford has made to date. I was towing a 7000 lb capacity box trailer that was not full. In fact it felt like there was no strain on the truck. As an avid gauge watcher, I keep tabs on oil pressure, engine temperature, and trans temperature. None of those gauges showed any sign of stress when this happened. I contacted my dealer and a few others in my area, and Ford Customer service and was told basically "tough luck you're out of warranty". I was hoping that Ford would allow some kind of concession since I have been a customer for so long and have bought almost all of my fords brand new from 1 single dealer. I have now replaced the motor at a cost of $21, 900. I was told to hold on to my receipt if there ever was a recall. I'm not holding my breath. Since I still owed money on the truck I had to replace the motor. After getting the truck back, I noticed several oil leaks and after 3 hours of driving it the check engine light came on. Back to the dealer where it still is, and hoping that "under the 2 year unlimited mileage warranty" they will fix all the leaks and the check engine problem with my truck. Seems to me that Ford's quality control is not so good with this most recent experience. I wish there were some way to recoup my motor replacement cost of $21, 900.
      Any creative and helpful comments would be appreciated.

f 350 6.7l diesel

Ford Motor Company2010 ford fusion sport

On September 12th I was driving home from work and noticed the temperature gauge was on High. No warning lights, no low coolant warning, nothing. I turned on the heat in the car and then turned down the next closest side road to safely shut it down. As soon as I turned the corner, the check engine light came and on the engine shut down. Luckily I was able to steer it to a stop in a safe place. I noticed a lot of steam coming from under the hood and assumed I had either a hole in a hose or the radiator had an issue. I bought and paid for the Premium plus extended warranty with the car, but assuming this was a hose, I had it flat towed to a local repair shop that I use and trust as I have a 100 dollar deductible. They called me on the 14th and said they also think it is the hose, its a Ford only part, they would order and most likely have fixed on Tuesday. On Tuesday afternoon they called me and said its a much larger issue. They put it under pressure and determined it was the water pump, not the hose and a major repair. I told them to stop as I have the warranty and would have it towed to Metro Ford in Schenectady. As they did nothing but pressure test, they charged me nothing. I called Metro Ford and told them it was coming. I also told them the drivers heated seat was shorted and needed repair. I then called my insurance company and had the car towed via the roadside service. I was in Las Vegas from the 15th to the 19th at the World EMS conference. On Wednesday after I checked into the hotel, I had a message from Jay, one of the service advisers at Metro, asking me to call. When I called he said in fact it is the water pump, its a major repair and it would be at the earliest the end of the following week (Friday, September 25th). They had to remove the engine to fix. I told him I was out of town but would need a car on Monday. He also told me the Air Conditioning system was not working right and would be repaired or replaced. On Monday I got a ride to the dealer and they had Hertz pick me up and get me a Ford rental car. Jay told me they were actively working on it. I also told him the front Windshield washer pump was also inoperable. He said he would add it to the growing list of problems. On Thursday, September 24th I called Metro Ford (as they never call me) and asked if we were going to be ready for the next day (25th). I was met with, yeah, umm, there is a problem. He said there was Anti-freeze in the oil and the engine would have to be replaced. He said they sent a picture off to Ford and were waiting on the approval for the engine. He said it would be Friday (25th) or Monday (28th) before they would hear. I called on Monday, September 28th and was told by Jay the engine was approved and they should have it Tuesday or Wednesday. That the car was already apart and it would take a day or two to put the new one in. I called again on Thursday, October 1st and was told not only did they not have the engine, but it is on back order with no ETA. He said it was escalated to Ford and asked if someone at Ford had called me. I said nope, no one calls me, I have to keep calling to get any answers. I called on Monday, October 5th and was told there was nothing new, Ford was working on it and he would (finally) escalate to his service manager. I called yesterday, Thursday, October 8th and was again told nothing new, they were waiting on Ford. His attitude was there is nothing I can do and he said to call Ford. He gave me the [protected]-FORD number. I called that number and got someone who told me their name was Boris (which I do not believe to be true). I gave him the VIN and verified the information. He put me on hold and then came back and said the engine will not ship until October 26th. By now I am pretty ticked as you can imagine. I asked why there is a shortage of engines, is it because these are junk? The design is garbage? Who puts a water pump inside an engine where it can fail and dump directly into the oil sump? I said if you google this engine with water pump there are thousands of entries of the failures. He said he didn't know but they did have an engine. I said no you don't or it would be on its way. He then proceeded to argue, talk over me, and insist you did. I told him that was unacceptable, that I paid for a warranty, and to have to wait almost two months for a repair was unreasonable. I also told him that Hertz had started charging me for the car when Metro assured me they were covering it. Jay had to call and straighten that out, yet I have hundreds of dollars in pending charges Hertz cannot remove until I return the car so they can drop off. Do I have to return it and re-rent it???? I said I want to speak to a supervisor. He then proceeded to argue that he had one. I said wonderful, I want to speak to them. He got snotty and said no one can do that and he can take my information and have one call me. I said I am not hanging up until I speak to one. He then said hold and I will try and find one. I doubt he ever did, rather putting me on hold in the hopes I hang up. After 5+ minutes he came back and said he was still trying to find one. I said have one call me. I am still waiting and doubt that info was passed along either. I have owned two pieces of junk in cars in my life and both have been Fords (and I owned Chrysler products so that's pretty bad). Between the car, the flawed engineering, the dealer not really caring about it customers, and Ford I am disgusted. All I want is the car back so I can sell it and be rid of it as soon as possible. As it sits, it is depreciating. Who is going to reimburse me for that? I was looking for a car for the last two months and was close to trading it when this happened. Today was told that the engines are on backorder (almost 100) and they are re-manufactured and I have to wait until enough bad ones come in and can be rebuilt. So I am looking at over 2 months to get my car back for a Premium warranty I paid extra for. Also I was trying to sell the car and am losing value every month as it depreciates and I am helpless to do anything with it.