Food Liona accident that was considered shoplifting

D Nov 20, 2019

Over a year ago in October I was a the store like I am 4 to 5 times a week. Where I spend at least the very least 70 a visit. Not to mention my end of week trip where I purchase goodies for the 2 handicap family members I care for .
Upon checkout I had some magizines I was on the fence post about buying because I wasn't sure weather I had the issues or not so I layed them on top of my bag in the cart when I removed my wallet.
I spent about 300 in the store and had a few hundred more dollars and my credit card and my pay card on me. After checking out I was getting ready to put my wallet in my bag and saw I didnt include the magizines I turned to say something to my clerk who is also my neighbor and the exact same time the security offer said you didn't pay for the magizines. I said yes I know can I pay for them now. He said no that's theft. I was like no honestly it was a mistake I'm in here all the time I spend thousands a month he wasn't hearing it embarrassed I took my lumps and said I won't make excuses I made a mistake how long do I have to stay away. He said well since you are a regular you did hqve Money on you and bank cards and did offer to pay for them. Which I interrupted and said I realized it happened before you did. He said no I knew you were gonna do it you seemed scattered and like you mind was elsewhere I was watching you. I said then why if I'm such a good customer didn't you say miss your in here all the time and so is your son.yiu spend a lot of Money in here why didn't you ask Did you forget about the magizjnes before it even got this it Was not intentional and I took the punishment because I'm sure ppl do steal and I did not want to sit there making excuses and wasting his time I made a mistake pure and simple and I paid the dues which was one year out of the four lion. But when I tried to go back in last week they said I needed a letter from corporate saying I was allowed Listen I'm truly sorry this Happened it wasn't done on purpose I had a lot on my mind which was no excuse I care for 2 handicap family members and your stores food is not only fresh and healthy for them but what I deem to be a family atmosphere and I wouldn't steal from my family. Pls present me with this letter. You do not know how filthy I have felt. I am not that type of person. I have never EVER BEEN IN TROUBLE. NO THEFT NOTHING SO PLEASE HELP ME. NO ONE AT CSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER HAS. CALLED ME BACK AFTER PROMISING TO GET NE THE LETTER AND NO LETTER HAS ARRIVED. please the holidays are approaching and I do the cookies for Easter seals Which is who my handicap brother is affiliated with I am a good person I not once used any excuse or begged the security man to let me off because of me taking care of my family members I'm only telling you this after I have done my ONE YEAR OF ABSENCE FROM MY FOOD LION

DEBI WEATHERBY