First Bank of Delaware Continental Financefraudulent practices

This financial institution has fraudulent, unfair practices. I was one day late on making my monthly payment when a phone call was received by a representative of The First Bank of Delaware Continental Finance. They informed me that I was "seriously past due." i stated, it was only one day late and that I would go online to pay the bill. They informed me that since it was one day late and according to them, seriously past due, I was being charged $35.00. This was in addition to my monthly payment of $35.00. So I was being charged $70.00 for being one day late. I asked if there was any sort of grace period and they informed me that they had no grace period. Further, if I made my payment online, as I do all my bills, it would take two weeks before the payment would be posted to the account, leaving me an available credit on the card. I have never heard of such practices on a credit card. I requested to have the card cancelled. I recently ran my credit report and noticed that in just one month's time, from closing the account to running my credit report, the credit limit of $300.00 which was what I owed had increased to just under $500.00. Then the calls began. The credit card company calls me on a daily basis harrassing me or when I answer, they simply hang up on me.

I am lodging this complaint. I am not pleased with how they conduct business. I am well aware that I have less than perfect credit, but do not deserve to be treated this way or to have fraudulent practices used against me. I am requesting a complaint be made on my behalf and to have this matter resolved. I do not owe the credit card company the money they claim on my credit report and I would like this amount adjusted or removed completely from my file.