First American Payment Systemsyou'll get screwed!

D

We got screwed. Some jerk, named, Ryan De Vitis from Orange County came into our office to sign up for merchant credit card processing. I told him we currently use PayPal and they do not charge us high fees, etc. He assured me there were no fees apart from the normal $30 per month. He wanted me to sign a document to SEE if we get approved for a certain program. Little did we know, he was signing us up for a 3 year agreement. I told him we did not want to sign up right away- since our website was under maintenance for another 6 months. He again assured this was just to see if I was approved and to get things lined up for the new website. Each month turned into a $73 fee- even when my site wasn't up!!! Finally, I went to cancel (after a few months) and they charged a $495 early termination fee. The company knows they screw people. I've called and emailed Ryan De Vitis a hundred times--not once have I heard from him. Ryan is a scam artist and his filthy name is all over the internet. Ryan De Vitis from Orange County, CA is a liar, cheat and ###.
Feel free to call him and see if you get a response;
[protected] (ext 201)
[protected] (cell)
[protected]@americanps.com

• Za
    Zac Creel Apr 13, 2021

THIS COMPANY TOTALLY SCREWED ME OUT OF A COUPLE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS OVER THE COURSE OF 5 YEARS. NEVER PUT FAITH IN THEM JUST BECAUSE YOU TRANSACTION GOING THREW ON THE MACHINE AND IT SHOWS PENDING ON YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DOESN’T MEAN ANYTHING THAT CAN RELEASE IT AND YOU NEVER WILL KNOW YOU NOT GETTING PAID FOR THE TRANSACTIONS THAT YOU ARE PROCESSING. THEN CONTIUED TO BILL FEES AND WITHDRAW MONEY FROM DIFFERENT TERMINLES MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO BLOCK THEM ALL SO I HAD TO CLOSE THE ACCOUNT AND OPEN UP A DIFFERENT ONE TO STOP THEM. THEN THEY HAD THE NERVE TO PUT A NEGATIVE MARK ON MY CREDIT BECAUSE I WOULD PAY THEM MORE BOGUS FEE'S. HOW ON EARTH CAN THEY DO THIS AND GET AWAY WITH IT?

Dance Studio Owner Jul 18, 2014

The same thing happened to me. This liar, cheat, ### Ryan De Vitis told me there was no contract and that I could cancel at any time I became unhappy with the service. He told me the terminal I had would not work with his company so they would give me a free terminal. I came to find out I was given the machine on a lease paying a monthly rental fee and could not cancel without paying a very high termination fees. I also found out the terminal I had would have worked fine.
    I've called First American and they tell me nothing can be done.

• Ry
    Ryan De Vitis Industry Killer May 16, 2012

Here are a few other numbers that you might be able to reach him at. [protected] / [protected].
    Also check out his other new venture that you might find interesting http://www.ryanphilip.com/

• Vl
    Vlad902002 Jul 24, 2011

I have been trying to get my money from the credit card company and they are steeling money each month saying they aren't getting their fee's when in fact they are and then charging NSF charges ontop. 4 supervisors and still no help and no money !

• Bu
    Business woman Jun 04, 2011

Ryan De Vitis is a liar. He will tell you anything to get you to sign the paper work. He told me there is no contract, no termination fee. He even convinced me to get a new credit card machine which he said was free which I found out a few months later is a lease binded contract for thousands of dollars. We already had a machine. We didn't need it, but he said it was newer, better and at no cost. Do not believe anything he saids and he never returned any of my calls. The whole office is a scam. Florian, their "manager" hung up on me when I tried to complain to him about Ryan. This person needs to be stopped. I will do everything in my power to prevent him from continuing to do what he thinks is busisness.
    He has no morals and thinks he can only get business if he lies. First American will not do anything about it unfortunately. The do not stand by the type of business they do.

• So
    Sounding Board Jan 24, 2011

This is a simple FYI for everyone that reads blogs like this and formulates an opinion based on only negative listings.
    First of all each and everyone that switches their processor does it for only reason and that is because they think they are going to save money. In 99% of the cases this is true and the company that services you does so at a very slim profit margin. All contracts signed are available for your complete review and in california one actually has the oppertunity to cancel during a 48 hour period. In almost every circumstance if one chooses to cancel prior to installation that request is honored.
    Where the rub begins is when the customer decides he does not want to play anymore and chooses to terminate the agreement and companies require a fee to do so. This is no different than the cell phone industry or any industry that offers an incentive to earn your business. Profit margins in the processing business is lower today than it was 20 years ago. How many business owners can make that statement? Also because of industry regs. a universal name like First American or First Data is used by many so when people make loose statements that 3500 complaints are filed to the FTC please understand that if this number is true it could be nationwide and over a long period of time. My particular office has written thousands of merchants over a ten year span and if I have three or four complaints listed on boards like this then I am sorry. There is never a reason for anyone to referrer to someone as a "piece of &%$#" or as a CRIMINAL as in a previous post. Too bad there is not a site called " I love this Company" or that people that are pleased log on and blog about their good fortune. Shame on us that all we can do is complain but never comment on the good our industry does for thousands, and the large sums of money we save them every year. For everyone of you that have posted something negative I am sure I can find hundreds that would tell you a fine service has been provided. In closing consider this, no one works for free and every company is due what they earn and if you or anyone else feels different I am here for conversation.

• Sl
    slammingscammers Dec 31, 2010

I am a small business owner who has also been scammed by Ryan De Vitis. I was going to take him to court alone, until I started doing research and realized I'm only one of the MANY people he has scammed. I have an attorney in OC whose looking into filing a class action lawsuit against this jerk to see if we can recup our damages in addition to punitive damages plus attorney's fees. If you guys want to jump on board to put this criminal out of business, please email me at [email protected]

• Se
    Send De Vitis to Prison Dec 22, 2010

I agree with others we should get together expose these crooks. Here is what I wrote in my complaint. Mr De Vitis, a sales representive is canavassing Southern Califorina, offering very low rate, no contract credit card processing service for business. But Beware!!! he is a low life, pice of s**t lier. Don't fall for him, he will say anything but read the contract first. I found out the hard way, on my statement there is all kinds of additional fees, plus it is a 3 year contract. Early termination fee of $495.00. Worst of all the corporate comany First American Payment System is aware of it and will not do anything about it. This tells me that they are part of the scam. To this date Federal Trade Commission has received over 3, 500 complaints against First American. FTC also has filed a law suite in Federal Court against them. IF this has happen to you file a complaint with the FTC and Call ABC7 Los Angeles they are interested in exposing these scums.

Damn Scams 123 Nov 15, 2010

Good idea- I just called the FTC and filed a complaint over the phone. Took me about 5 minutes total. Maybe with enough complaints they'll get red flagged by the FTC.

DarkHorseTattoo Nov 10, 2010

Federal Trade Commission Complaint #[protected]. Please contact them regarding adding your complaint.

DarkHorseTattoo Nov 10, 2010

I am actually going through the same thing with Eliot managemant which is a division of First American. I am filing a complaint with the federal trade commission and I am encouraging everyone to do the same.

Damn Scams 123 Nov 08, 2010

Thats nuts. The early termination fee is $495--and there is no way they will credit that back to anyone- regardless of circumstances. When I talked to a bunch of customer service reps they tried to ask for the credit- but their department rejected it every time stating that fee was part of the 'contract'...even though their rep lied to get our signature. I know...its complete fraud.

• Dj
    djdela Nov 08, 2010

The rep which was out of the Irvine office said no fees and breezed through the paperwork with my father who is not a native English speaker. He later found out there were a bunch of fees and that he could not cancel without paying $6000 fee. I am about to escalate my concerns if they are note resolved.

Damn Scams 123 Nov 08, 2010

I wish there was something. If you hear of something, let me know. I'd love to be a thorn in their side. It's not even so much that I'm out a few hundred bucks...its the damn principle! I filed a claim with the BBB--but I'm one out of hundreds. This company doesn't even care about their reputation or anything...just suckering people!
    Did the same rep screw you?

• Dj
    djdela Nov 08, 2010

I was recently screwed by the same company. Is there nothing we can do to ban together to make sure these guys aren't screwing with other small businesses.