First American Payment Systemsexcessive charges

I am the owner of a computer repair shop in Veneta, Oregon. A little over a month ago, a representative of this company came into my office and promised me a positive experience with this company in helping me to process credit cards in my shop. Since that time, I have had nothing but headaches, and unanswered questions. I was told that I would only be charged around $50 per month, and I would be told ahead of time, what date I would be charged, so that I knew to have the funds available. That failed to happen. I was hit with charges right away into my account, resulting in several overdraft and insufficient funds fees. I made only one transaction into the account, using the machine, which funds I never got to use, because it was never available because of all the charges made by the processor, and all the subsequent over draft fee’s that were generated as a result of these charges. Then the account continued to be hit by further charges that were unexplained to me. The representative refunded me $100 in cash out of his pocket to offset this issue, but that did not even come close to reversing the large negative balance, nor put it into the positive close to $200 where it should have been. I have called and left messages with this guy, and most of the other companies involved with this company that I no longer wish to try to work with any of these institutions in order to process credit cards. As of yet, no one has returned any of my calls. I want this policy canceled and I feel that they have breached the contract, not me. On top of everything else, our account was just hit again today for the ridiculous amount of $667.15, putting us into the negative -$404, before further overdraft charges and insufficient funds fees! This is after receiving a letter that they are going to charge me $769.25 with absolutely no explanation as to why I am being charged! We have gone to our Bank, and challenged all of the charges and instructed them not to allow any more charges to go through. Please tell me how to return the equipment and end this nightmare. If someone does not make this right, I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau, and any other authoritative agencies that I can find, as well as take legal action.

• Se
    secret1234 Jan 11, 2012

First american has alot of hidding fees that they charge Merchants and if you don't take the time to go over your statement and add everything up thenm you will never catch the fees they add without you signing for them.

• Se
    secret1234 Jan 11, 2012

They have alot of hidding fees, I know because I worked there for several years.