The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Fifth Third Bank — fifth third bank complaint
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I had been a customer of Fifth Third Bank for approximately 8 years. The problem started when they froze my home equity loan. I had access to $50K in cash until and was ready to make an real estate purchase. I spoke with the lender at Firth Third and they things were set but then I got a letter in the mail saying my account had been frozen. Not such a big deal because a lot of banks were doing it at that time and I could simply switch to a new bank. However, they would not refund the $65 annual fee associated with the account I had just paid on the account. They would not even pro rate it or anything.
Subsequently, I bounced a check inside an account where my home equity loan was the back up funds. Normally, if this would have happened it would have cost me $9.00 in a one time per transaction. Well I forgot that the account was closed and they ended up charging me $350+ dollars in fees. I verbally agreed to pay the two $39 charges and the two $9.00 overdraft charges and asked them to reconsider the remaining $260 in fees. I thought this was a reasonable request but the branch manager just let me know they would give me a $66 refund on the fees but that is all they could do.
I told him to keep his $66. I was going to close my account and inform as many people as I could about the situation.
If you stay with this bank or join this bank be prepared to be treated in a similar manner.
but then with Fifth Third but everyone was doing it.
More Fifth Third Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Fifth Third Bank - poor customer service!
- Fifth Third Bank - credit card application security
- Fifth Third Bank - fift third bank is a rip off!
- Fifth Third Bank - predatory overdraft fees (class action info)
- Fifth Third Bank - unfair banking practice
- Fifth Third Bank - new here:)
- Fifth Third Bank - stealing money through overdraft fees!
- Fifth Third Bank - predatory fees and deposit blocks on business checking
- Fifth Third Bank - total disregard of customers
- Fifth Third - lien release