FIA Card ServicesUnauthorized Charges

I had been paying perfectly thru their auto debit program for 7 months, when they made an unauthorized charge. I called in advance of an upcoming debit, and talked to a representative Kalib in their Brea, California call center and he "guaranteed it would be changed". Just kept saying no problem, "wont be an issue". Basically spewing lies just to appease me. In my experience the representatives there with some few exceptions don't care, and worse don't seem to know what there talking about. They sound like their half asleep. FIA must employ some of the bottom of the barrel front line service people within the industry. I guess it works Bank of America who owns FIA, states its a profitable division for them. However all that being said when and if you can ever reach a manager they seemed (as they should) more engaged and educated. Good luck in getting thru the front lines.

• Ru
    Ruben Mar 19, 2009

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you.

A couple of months ago, my credit card statement from these clowns arrives. The statement arrives the literal day before the statement due date. Paid online, then called to complain. Customer service was not particularly helpful. I have two cards, and this card isn't the one I use most often - in fact, it's a rare month when I pull it out, because of past glitches with it mainly.

So, for the last two months, the card had not left my wallet once. Not swiped, not used. So it was no particular surprise that no statement came for January from them.

Except I had forgotten a website I own was registered with this card, and its renewal fee hit. No credit card statement came, however, until yesterday, when I was hit with a late fee, a finance fee, and past due warning. Oddly enough, this statement hit with a payment due date 3 weeks from today.

I have canceled the card, naturally, after spending another unproductive hour on the phone with these jackals. I religiously pay my credit cards off in full every month, precisely because I do not want to pay the usurious interest rates these companies charge.

• Ap
    Aprilmoring Jul 04, 2009

I have a dispute with BestMedValue.com. The site has listing of medicne and the cost if you join $29.-- Then you go to order and they send you to another site to join and get your Medicine. I dispute this paying to the site with my Mastercard 6724 and want it immeditately cancelled. They lie of service and are third party Hijackers to me. Thank you for your service. Vickie E Miller 4712 Henican Place Metairie La. 70003

• Ya
    yappy55 Sep 23, 2009

In relation to Bank of America and FIA I, as a somewhat educated college attendee, agree wholeheartedly with your complaint. I have done everything in my power to solidify facts about my repayment plan. I am a college student and am poor as dirt and this credit card (originally from 5th/3rd, then bought by Bank of America) was my only means for a year to make sure my education was paid for. Suddenly interest rates were raised, then when I couldn't make even minimum payments they were raised again. So here I am, for upwards of 5 months trying to get facts on this 'repayment agreement' and I still have no idea what to expect from FIA. They call me early in the morning (sometimes 5am) from God knows where, each with a different story on when I'm suppose to make a payment, how, and how much. I have encountered so many contradictory statements from "customer service representatives" that have ruined my credit (read: DESTROYED), and run my debit accounts dry that I often end up in tears and worse off than before at the end of the phone conversations.

I have asked for managers and sometimes they do prove to be helpful (one sent me three letters acknowledging an error on their behalf AND refunded me for fees charged), but on the whole they are just as conniving and unhelpful as their lower employees.

If you are with Bank of America, you can use a chat feature on their website to answer specific questions. Because calls are not monitored with FIA (at least, not to our knowledge!), it becomes hard to dispute conflicting statements . With this chat feature you can save your conversation on your computer, making it a file that you can use to your advantage. I have started doing this to answer any kind of question I have and am building a very convincing case against the "ethics" of this company.

There is power in numbers, I believe. I hope to find an organization that can fight against FIA, even if it is a naive way of thinking. I'm all for consumerism, but FIA gives America a bad name.