Festiva Resortslies and scams

A man called me from this company today claiming I had filled out a form in the local mall trying to win a 7 night cruise. He told me I was in the 'finals' and that I got a free gift just for having my name drawn. The gift was either $100 gift card or 4 day/night cruise. I am rather young and had never had this type of call before so I was excited. Then when he started asking for my credit card number for a $25 holding fee is when I got suspicious. I kept asking more probing questions until I found out I'd have to sit through a 90-minute presentation of them trying to sell me timeshares and they ONLY want people that make more than $50, 000 per year to attend (which I do not, I'm 24 and work at a bank). I am thrilled I found this website before I agreed to this unbelievable scam. The man on the phone was extremely rude and pushy. Moral of the story--Never deal with Festiva!

• Fm
    fmrrfld Jun 26, 2013

I just received a call saying I had entered a drawing within the past year and had won 1 of 3 prizes, $25K, a trip to Daytona Florida or a 27" flatscreen TV. I don't enter drawings. He said it could be tied with my credit card, but I doubt it. The gentleman gave me a number to use when I picked up the prize. I would have to provide 2 forms of ID and come with my wife and her 2 forms of ID. He also said that I could pick one of the prizes up tonight or the next morning at Festiva on Riverside in Portland. I told him I didn't have two forms of picture ID. He asked if my wife did and I thought she did. He said he was going to call me back after he check on what I could use for ID. He also said not to bring kids under 6. I am currently waiting for the call back and am not holding my breath. The whole thing seems suspicious, but with out the call back to ask more questions, I really can't say.

• Us
    U.S. Marine Jan 31, 2013

This is a class action lawsuit filed in New Orleans against Festiva

• Us
    U.S. Marine Jan 31, 2013

I'm starting a Class Action Lawsuit for Festiva Resort in SC.
    I also started a Face Book page named:
    Festiva Resort Class Action Lawsuit for South Carolina

[email protected]

• Nu
    numbersgal Nov 15, 2012

apparently Byron Williams no longer works for Festiva. Beware, because recently he has been drawing names from "cool cash" giveaway in which my husband's name was drawn. It amazes me how they draw his name from a local mall when 1. we don't shop at malls and 2. we never sign up for giveaways especially with a name like 'cool cash giveaway'. @ satisfied and grateful, being vigilant is not insecure, and if you read the comment one or two above yours, you will notice that she did go collect and had to listen to a 45 minute speal on condo's only to be told afterwords that she didn't win.

Satisfied and Grateful Jul 31, 2012

Festiva is not a scam, , If you would actually let the person give you the info and you go thru with it I'm sure it will satisfy you, , , I had a great tI'me and the same guy they are complaining about was so professional I had to try it . The people who make these complaints are to insecure or have it made up in their minds that is a scam before they actually can even get the info, , hint read all the comments and its either I got a call, or I returned a message, , most of these people never even came down . And their and adventure club, , they explain that when they talk to you if you let them . We went we won a 27 inch TV we got a 25 dollar gift card we had dinner we had a great night because we took a chance . You cant knock it till you try it .

• Sm
    Smart_Mommy Aug 21, 2011

Seriously? Festiva is really a scam! I did the same thing and got absolutely nothing. We had supposedly won a car and so my husband and I showed up to their "prize center" off of Riverside St and had to sit thru a horrible 45 minute talk about a damn condo in order to hear anything about our prize. Then they told us that oh, sorry. You did not win a prize! Do you SERIOUSLY think I would want to buy a damn condo and that was my reason on going there!?!? WOW. This place should be shut down. It is ridiculous.

• Fe
    Festiva Rep Aug 01, 2011

To stmental:
    We do apologize for the experience you had during your tour and want to let you know that we do take customer service very seriously. If you could write to us at [email protected] with your contact information we would be happy to have a manager look into your situation.

• St
    stmental Jul 27, 2011

I had a somewhat similar experience. I received a phone call from someone at the "Claims Center" in Portland, Maine saying I had filled out a card at a local mall or business within the last year and I was a chosen as a finalist and was guaranteed to win either a new Ford Explorer, $25, 000 cash, a 4 night vacation in Daytona Beach or a 27" TV sponsored by Festiva Adventure Club. At first I thought great, I won something! However, I'm suspicious by nature and this started sending off warning bells the more I learned and the more questions I asked. The person I was speaking with, "Byron Williams", would not give me an address for his "Claims Center" company. He would also not give me an e-mail address, website or phone number for Festiva Adventure Club; instead he told me to google it. I was told I had until 9pm that night to decide if I would accept the prize (He called in the middle of the afternoon; what legitimate sweepstakes gives a winner 6 hours to accept a prize?) and that if I did, I would have to go with my wife (only couples were eligible), both with a photo ID and either a credit card or check book, to a scheduled group meeting/presentation/prize drawing in the next four days at an office in Portland, ME. I inquired why they needed a credit card or check book and he assured me it was only to validate the winner's identity. Uh huh... sure. Apparently we couldn't even bring our 1 year old son to pick up our guaranteed prize because one of their rules was that no children younger than 4 could attend the meeting. During our conversation the man was definitely playing scare tactics and trying to push me into accepting; twice saying he was going to draw another name because I didn't sound interested and was asking too many questions. Really? Too many questions? While I am very skeptical of things, I'm also an optimist, so I ended up saying I would call back after I spoke with my wife. I did some googling online and turned up nothing but complaints about Festiva Adventure Club/Hospitality Tours. Needless to say I won't be calling back to accept my "prize". Why do I suspect the only prize they ever give away is the "vacation" to one of the locations they own?