Festiva Development Group Logo

Festiva Development Group

Having problems with Festiva Development Group?

1866 933 7848 (FAC Member Services)
1855 411 9335 (Festiva Week Owners)
+1 407 658 9730 (Business Inquiries Only)
+1 855 411 9335 (Patton Hospitality Services)
+1 866 897 2755 (KGI Member Services)
+1 888 382 4386 (Escapes Member Services)
+1 407 259 2307 (Festiva Getaways)
4700 Millenia Blvd, Suite 405
Orlando, Florida

Complaints & Reviews

deed with misleading tactics

When we converted to Festiva ... We were told that the property was still going to generate interest for a tax write off. We have been receiving this information the past three years -- from Festiva -- and as of this year 2010, they say that that will not be happening anymore. All of the sudden, We tare the ones that did wrong for signing-off the deed to them. Their misleading tactics, lies and dishonest sales representatives actually spoke their ways into taking my deeded property (which was almost paid for)for a 10 year deal that doesn't work for me anymore.

They used misleading information and used scare tactics to get over $3000 from each Equivest owner to “convert” to Festiva. Festiva purchased Equivest in 2007, and has since been trying to convert all the Equivest owners over to Festiva. We fell for it. Basically, they charged us $3000 to buy what we already own. The sales rep we dealt with made several claims which we found out were false.

ncmountainman Jun 30, 2010

Have you contacted the North Carolina Attorney General's Office? 919-716-6400 You may also want to try the NC Real Estate Commission 919-875-3700 They used scare tactics on me also, calling my home and at their resots. One even stated that they had already converted 90% of Equivest inventory to Festiva and that the rest of us would be stuck paying all the expenses of the club if we did not convert and there would be little inventory available to use.

ncmountainman Jun 30, 2010

Maybe if enough people complain about Festiva's scare tactics to the NC Attorney General's office and NC real Estate Commission, Festiva can be forced to refund the money and return owners and inventory to Equivest/ Peppertree Vacation Club. I am sure most who have converted have found the Festiva Club not near as good as Peppertree and only did so out of fear or deception. Why else would you pay thousands of dollars for a less flexible vacation club?

good

Me and my husband got the opportunity to go to Myrtle Beach with Festiva. Our tour went absolutely horrible! A couple months later we received a phone call from someone at Festiva. We explained what had happened to the young man. He told us that they had went under brand new management and that they promised things would be better. So we booked to go to Charleston. We had a GREAT time! The sales rep at the Charleston location was very nice and knew we was not going to buy a timeshare. So we have traveled every year with Festiva and cant complain! I would say they def made up for what had originally happened! Now as soon as we get finances under control we are going to buy a time share with Festiva!

• Fe
    Festiva Rep Feb 18, 2010

While I'm sorry to hear that your initial experience with Festiva was not a good one, I'm so glad to hear that it worked out for you in the end!

We have gone through some management personnel changes at some of our locations over the last few years, and we feel that we currently have an all-around strong team of representatives who take pride in providing a positive experience for every single customer. We have implemented new training processes and systems for monitoring our customer interactions.

I'm glad you've seen our progress firsthand! If you ever have any questions, please let us know at [email protected]

• Aw
    AWRMihalic Mar 11, 2010

Do your homework! Make sure you want to commit to the fees associated with buying. We have found more vacation adventures for less money per year with no committments thru AARP, American Express and Southwest Airlines vacation planners...

ncmountainman Jul 31, 2010

Correct site for Festiva complaints, call to action and discussions http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Peppertree-EquivestOwners/

• Wi
    williamk252 Aug 09, 2011

Be glad to give you my paid in full 4, 900 pts a year Festiva contract with 2011 fees paid in full, if you pay the transfer/closing costs. 37 yrs left on owner contract and 1, 400 points left for 2011. Our health and finances no longer let us travel.
    [email protected]

scam

Were convinced to purchase a small timeshare with the understanding that we could use it at anytime throughout the year by paying an exchange fee. Our designated season in which we were advised to buy was at times that we could in no way use it because of jobs. We did not want to spend alot of money on a timeshare and we were told to buy a cheaper package and at any time you could trade up to be able to use it at different times at different locations. The only truth is they keep taking my money from my account. Also, they were to purchase a one year membership from Interval International Resorts to give world wide destinations. In speaking with Interval, we were made aware that Festiva never purchased the membership as we were told, which was part of our contract (we are not found anywhere in their data base). Conclusion is that Festiva are nothing more than common con artists.

• Lo
    looking out for you Jan 29, 2010

if you ever get hooked with them its like your addicted to crack cocaine, you will never have enough points with them you will always have to buy more to get somewhere on vacation, you just didnt buy the right package but this one will get you there and that is repeated over and over with this company.the nly way to get the vacation you really want is to book it yourself through a reputable travel agent such as triple A, etc

• Lo
    looking out for you Jan 29, 2010

my mother and father bought a timeshare from festiva resorts in murrells inlet, they told me they were fine until the end of showing them of what festiva had to offer, everyone was nice and wanted to be helpful until they got to the price.they told the lady they couldnt buy now and just didnt think they needed their product or membership.a manager came over (wayne) and started telling them they couldnt think about it the price was only good today and that was it, and this is what made my blood boil.he said the real estate commission made them do it that way.i found out the real estate commission has nothing to do with the way they set their price and the sales people of festiva are not required to have a real estate lic.is all a BIG CON it sounds so good ut you dont know what is the truth and what is not, i really hope the lawmakers start regulating and prosecute the people from he bottom to the top for this type of business practice

Festiva Rep Feb 01, 2010

Fank56;
    I'm sorry that you've had trouble with your membership thus far, but it looks like we can help you work out your issues and get you on vacation. If you could provide us with more information including the date and location you purchased, and the name on your account along with an e-mail address then I can have someone from our owner services department contact you to explain your package and how you can make the most out of what you purchased. You can write to use directly at [email protected] and we will take care of you.

phone sales tactics

BEWARE! These people are sending out highly discounted room rates at expensive hotels as a lead in to...

timeshare scam

We purchased timeshare points in 1999 with Peppertree Resorts in Asheville NC and didn’t have any trouble booking in Myrtle Beach while we were paying for it. Since we have paid it off every time we book in Myrtle Beach (Peppertree Ocean Club) we cannot get the type of room we booked. They have put us on the side facing the parking lot and they do have the rooms available to rent but not to the timeshare owners.
The maintenance fee went up for 2009 and for what reason? the owners can't get a room so they have to pay maintenance so Festiva can rent the rooms?

My husband has emailed the person that deals with concern and of course we haven't heard anything.

If you are unhappy with a timeshare membership that you own, you are not alone!

I am ready to dump this timeshare. Any suggestions how?????

Festiva Rep Jan 06, 2010

CDean;

I'm sorry that you've had trouble booking your desired unit at POC. The maintenance fees are determined by the HOA board at the resort, and a mailing was sent to all POC owners in October with the full 2010 budget showing where the increases came from. If you can let me know who you e-mailed that has not responded to your concerns, I can follow up and be sure that someone gets in touch with you to answer any questions and help you get the best out of your ownership. You can e-mail me directly at [email protected]

Thanks,
    Sara

Festiva Rep Jan 13, 2010

Mrs. Dean;
    Just to follow up, I responded to your e-mail and someone from our owner services department should be in touch with you soon to resolve your issues. Unfortunately, the person you e-mailed was a former member of the PVTC advisory committee (not an employee of Festiva). Any questions or concerns about your reservations, maintenance fees or general membership issues should be sent to [email protected]
    Thanks

Festiva Rep Jan 14, 2010

Mrs. Dean;
    It is my understanding that you were contacted by our Owner Services department and they have resolved your issues to your satisfaction. Please contact us if there's anything we can do for you in the future.
    Thanks,
    Sara

duplicity

does anyone know if there is a class action suit growing regarding Festiva Properties. The numerous email...

fraud practices

Upon reading all about the Festiva scams on your website, we decided to add our input..
We also have been burned by this company last year and we feel while
complaining is a nice way to vent what about everyone teaming together to stop others from being taken.Regulations should apply to these practices and all the people we can
together to do so will help.We have stopped any monthly payments and we have told our credit card company to change our card numbers.We plan a trip within the next month
to this area and you can believe we will visit each and every establishment that promoted or supported this process right down to the Restraurants, Welcoming Centers and Tour agents who sell this crap.Letting this go on only allows them to legally steal from people so please consider emailing us at [protected]@aol.com Making their lives miserable
like they have ours will be a start.Also call the Attroney Generals Office of the State you
purchased the timeshare and Better Buisness Bureau's too.We are currently working with our credit card company to reverse some payment charges back to us.We do have more information please feel free to email. Thanks Dan & Ann

Names Associated with our Scam, perhaps they would sound familar to you.
Gayle Nickeeson
Mac Mc Carthy
Steve Tucker
Carolos Ribeiro
Tex from Texas.( flew in from Texas that day because of the Timeshare promotional sale
We were told we could to buy the old contract terms and all the points that go with it.
Never happened.

Festiva Rep Jan 13, 2010

I'm sorry that you had a negative experience at one of our offices last year. We take complaints from our guests very seriously and we can typically resolve issues with open communication. Our goal is to provide the best customer service possible and to send our members on fantastic vacations. Please let us know the specifics of your experience and we will be more than happy to work with you towards a resolution. You can contact us directly at [email protected]

misleading sales pitch

My husband and I were told that our points could be carried over an unlimited number of years. Tonight I...

never able to use

We have filed a formal complaint with the South Carolina's Attorney General's office against...

time share deposit

On November 17 I paid my maintenance fees online. I then called customer services to deposit my week with Interval International. The person I spoke to was unable to deposit my week. He said my switch from the Adventure Club, to a deeded week, had not been made with II, despite this change having been done 15 months earlier. He assured me he would take care of it and it would only take a day or two. Three days later, I called again, and it was not completed. Today, a week later, I called and spoke to someone else. I was told the issue was with Interval International, not Festiva. I called II, and the problem was Festiva. Another call to customer services at Festiva, and this time the person was able to deposit my week with II. However, when I checked online, the deposit was there, but it was a yellow week, rather than a red week for which I have a copy of my paid-off deed. Once again I called Festiva, and was told it will take 24-48 hours to correct the problem. We'll see.

• La
    Laurie Jo Nov 29, 2009

I can't believe it! The last problem was fixed within the 48 hour time frame promised!! I will definitely be more aware of questions to ask the next time I deposit.

Festiva Rep Jan 28, 2010

Laurie Jo;
    I'm glad we were able to resolve your problem in a timely manner. We do care about our owners and members and want to send them all on memorable vacations. Please let us know in the future if you have any problems, suggestions or questions. You can reach us at [email protected] or [email protected]

poor services

In April of 2007, we purchased a bi-annual week at Stormy Point in Branson, MO. As part of the purchase, we traded in a Red week in Miami, which we had owned for several years. At the time, we were assured, despite asking the right questions, there was no such thing with Festiva as Red vs Yellow weeks. In January of 2008, when I paid the maintenance fees and deposited my week with II, I discovered I was sold a Yellow week rather than a Red week. It took nearly 9 months of haggling, including being tricked into paying MORE money for an Adventure Club membership, rather than owning a designated week, and contacting Attorney Generals in both MO, and NC, to finally settle with Festiva in August of 2008. I now own a Red week, I originally believed I had purchased. Today I paid my 2010 maintenace fees. I then called to deposit my week with II. Would you believe they were unable to deposit my week???? Apparently some type of paper work which converts me back to Stormy Point from the Adventure Club has never been completed. Despite this being 15 months later. The person I spoke to is supposed to be looking into it and will call me with my II deposit confirmation within a few days. We'll see. I do not hold out much hope, based on past experience. I have been a member of II for over 20 years, so it is not a matter of no membership. Just another example of poor service.

Festiva Rep Jan 14, 2010

Laurie Jo;
    I'm sorry you had a bad experience with us in the past. We feel that we've done a lot to improve our sales experience over the last few years including more in depth training for our sales representatives and for our owner services department. If you feel that your issues have not been resolved, please let send us an e-mail at [email protected]

• Ad
    adventurer May 06, 2010

I own, I love it, end of story!( GO adventure club!!) just relax and go on vacation! Spend time with your family and make a memory, after all we're not gauranteed tomorrow! Am I right, or am I right... or... Am I right! Riiiight ! The whole world should just go on vacation without bombs in there luggage or problems from home! Red week, ? Yellow week? smed week, smellow week ! just smile and be happy we can afford to think about just forgetting it all and being happy with life ... gotta go my flight for the bahamas is leaving imagine if you were there ! bye bye

90min. scam

would not let me show documents to my attorney.i wanted that package deal they offred me.had cash in...

additional reservation charges

We bought with Festiva 3 years ago. I wanted to believe this company was "different" from other timeshare...

fraud, misleading sales pitches

Festiva Resorts is a scam. I pity anyone who invests w/ them.
Their company is incompetant and so are the majority of their employees.

Festiva Rep Jul 28, 2009

Mrs. Bartenfield;

We are more than happy to address any concerns you may have regarding our sales presentation. If you were misrepresented in any way, please let us know the details so that we can deal with the person who was the cause of such misrepresentation, as we do not tolerate that among any of our employees. Send your name, the date you toured, and the details of your presentation including your salespersons name(s) to [email protected]

• Sc
    SCAMMEDSOBAD Sep 23, 2009

www.vogroup.net

best program ever

I have been working for festiva for a good lenghth of time and looked at the many complaints on the web and so far it seems as though there is a great deal of confusion not mislead people for instance your II book is only for one year. your adventure club is for two years with the option to continue. if you own with festiva you don't have to upgrade if you do not want to although the benefits out way the risks it your choice. you what you contract says it will do today it will always do tomorrow. At any time during our trying to explain how the program works you dont like it you can leave you just loose your gifts. also you get 27 resorts no extra cost just the lowest mnt. fees in the business look up the Mariot, Wyndham or Westgate their average mnt. fee is 700 dollars

ps all the sales reps are just people
you may work in a med. office, a factory we just sell vacation
please enjoy the program and you quality time with your family

will not refund my money after they cancelled due to overbooking

We booked a week "festiva getaway" for the Peppertree Atlantic Beach. It was a promotion in which you had to take the time share tour by the second day of your arrival. We own a time share at a gold crown RCI resort in Hilton Head, so this was not a big hassle for us. However, Festiva contacted me 4 days before my planned vactaion(on tuesday afternoon), and stated that they had "accidentally overbooked". They wanted to have me to change weeks. I am unable to do that, as I have to preapare well in advance to arrange time off from my medical office. The next thing they wanted me to do is change resorts. However, they did not have anything to offer in the outer banks area. They could offer me orlando or a resort 3 miles from the beach in Myrtle Beach. This was not feasible for us, as we were traveling thru Raleigh to stop for family, and you cannot do that to go to either locations. Plus - I shouldnt have to go somewhere I have no desire to go just because they messed up!!!

I asked for a refund, and the man stated he would have to ask his supervisor. WHY do you need to ask supervisor to give me a refund on something their company is unable to provide? Anyway, he eventually said that this had been ok'ed, and he obtained by card info to apply the refund.

That was June 16th- 2 and a half weeks ago. I STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN MY MONEY! Someone from the Asheville office - Jessie somebody - called me the following 2 days to say " they were trying to work something out and needed to discuss my refund" I have called him and left messages 6 times. Last week, I finally got to speak with someone else, and she said that I would have to speak with Jessie. I told her I had left him repeated messages and he would not call me back. She then said he would, and I asked when? She said I do not know. I then said, "will it be by the end of business day today?" and SHE HUNG UP ON ME!

I have called again today, and left more messages - this time for a Julia Shirley in the finance department.

This is absolutely ridiculous!!! I have contacted a lawyer, my local state representative, and the local news station of Asheville to run a story on this fradulent company. I have a long time friend that happens to work for this station, and he will put me in contact with the reporter that handles their "scam revealed"stories.

If I do not get my money back in the next few days, it is going to get VERY ugly.

festiva rep at Ellington Jul 26, 2009

the way this all sounds to me is an untimely refund to an over excited person. someone who is trying to smear the good name of festiva. chill out

Festiva Rep Jul 27, 2009

Mrs. Yelton;

It is my understanding that on the day we were made aware of your situation (July 03), you were contacted by our marketing department and given your refund along with a vacation certificate.

We are very sorry that you had to deal with this due to the unforeseen circumstance of the employee you were originally working with leaving the company unexpectedly.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]

false/misleading sales tactics/bbb

We own festiva usage every other year (Eoy) and after being pushed to change over to point system, we wanted to upgrade to "every year" (Ey) but we requested to not upgrade if we couldn't get financing which they were going to arrange. They agreed we could stay eoy and the sales guy wrote our old contract number on a form. Long story short, when we could not be finaced, they upgraded us to ey anyway. We had been disapproved the same day we were in the sales office. Now we have complained to bbb (We recommend this as well complaining to the state attorney general of nc). They knew about the non-financing but didn't mention it. They told us other things which turned out to be lies — like you can "walk away"from this contract which actually meant you will be defaulted and ruin your credit!!). After stonewalling us for months (Ignoring our "letter of dispute"), now they want to revert to us to ey, the old contract. They cannot be trusted. Watch those sales guys at banner elk!! Do not do business with these people. Mo attorney general took them to court and they were found guilty. Go missouri; hope nc attorney general follows suit!!! Do not buy timeshares unless you check the internet first!!! What a hassle!!!

Festiva Rep Jun 10, 2009

I'm sorry that you've had a bad experience with Festiva Resorts. We do all that we can to address and resolve all issues or complaints that our members have. Please send an e-mail to [email protected] with your name and contact information and we will have the appropriate people contact you.

FESTIVA FANATIC Jun 28, 2009

I think you people are so silly...im a festiva owner and am having a blast...in fact my salesman was at my wedding...timshares have always had a bad wrap because of people like you. How about you google FESTIVA praise websites...its pretty sad that you cant figure this out. There are more positive remarks about this company than your measley 7. Not to mention most of them are about the sales pitch. Get off you lazy ### and enjoy life...if you use the program for what its meant to do you wouldnt be in this mess. You wanna see real complaints...google westgate or wyndham...now those are companies to complain about...yours truly...a VERY HAPPY FESTIVA OWNER.

• Pc
    P. Cook Jul 08, 2009

We are owners at the Cabins At Green Mt. in Branson. We bought four yrs. ago during a high pressure sales meeting. We have been very satisfied up until our recent stay at the Cabins. We were lured into attending an "upgrade" meeting with a representitive of Festiva. They offered us free dining cards, and after turning them down for two days, on the third day we accepted.
    The " upgrade" meeting was nothing but trying to get us to pay an extra 3000 dollars to convert to points. We were told that everyone is changing to points, and that in three yrs. our deeded Cabin will be worth nothing, and we probably won't even be able to get our week, as the point owners will have the oppurtunity first! So Festiva is allowing their salesmen to tell owners that what they have paid for, and have a deed to, will be worth Nothing . Sounds to me like Festiva is basically saying "Don't buy from us, because it will be worth nothing to you in the future".
    Up until this recent meeting with the salesman from heck, we have had no problems.

Festiva Rep Jul 20, 2009

P. Cook;
    I believe I sent you a message through another forum (TripAdvisor), and I just want to reiterate that we do our best to only hire salespeople (and other employees) who represent our company with honesty and integrity, and who will do their best to make our owners, members and guests feel comfortable and welcome at all times.

If any one of our employees in any department fails to do so, we certainly do want to know about it so that we can fix the situation. One thing we are doing to this end is implementing a 'secret shopper' program at our sales sites, so that we hear firsthand reports of the sales meetings.

We also do rely on the experiences of our owners and guests, so if you can provide us with your name and the date that you had your meeting, we can investigate the situation and take action on the employee. If you wish to do so, please e-mail the information to [email protected]

Thanks again for your message, and if we have the details of your experience so that we can find out which salesperson was involved, we will certainly do all that we can to resolve the situation.

• Sc
    SCAMMEDSOBAD Sep 23, 2009

www.vogroup.net

time share

We were visiting downtown Charleston (we had just moved to the area). I went into a building titled "Welcome...

promotion fraud

Festiva Resorts just moved their sales office to New Orleans and they are using a fraudulent scam to bate...

many issues

Jeri Craine, General Manager, [protected]@festivaresorts.com Festiva Resorts, Peppertree Atlantic Beach Villas PO...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices