Fedex Kinkos (Fedex Office)huge overpricing on shrink wrapping

P

I went into the FedEx Kinkos on 19th off Mildred in Tacoma, WA (close to Tacoma Community college) on Saturday, Janaury 16, 2010, to have a simple shrink wrapping job done on some items before shipping them .

I expected to pay somewhere between 55 and 75 cents because these are the prices that Minuteman Press and Office Depot charge, respectively.

The job was finally done after having to argue with the clerk that it could be done. When he brough the package to the counter, I asked what the charge was.

This guy told me the charge was $5.45! $5.45!

I stared at him and said "WHAT?!" He repeated the charge. I asked him what the excuse was for charging so much. He told me the "setup charge" was $5.00!

I told him that Minuteman Press and Office Depot charged no more than $.55 to $.75 and that there was no setup charge loud enough for every customer there to hear. I further said this was highway robbery. When I got home, I called that store and told them I was going to spread the word on the net and at Office Depot so they could use it in their advertising.

I want my $5.00 back on principle and I want the word spread as far and wide as possible that this outfit is scamming the public on the pretense of public service. I have the reciept to prove everything I have said.

• Bi
    bigbea Jun 24, 2010

I work for FedExoffice (kinkos) and things will never change. The corporate apparatus in Dallas makes it very very hard for employees to do their job effectively becasue of sooo much redtape and mind numbing redunant systems and processes. This company talks alot but does not put its words into action. They have very little regard for its employees and doesnt trust or respect its emp[loyees yet expects it in return. Fedexoffice won’t tell the truth it will lie before it lets people kinow whats really happening but the majority of its employess 75-80% are bitter and hate there job. They disagree with the direction and management style. The biggest enemy that employees have is its own corporate supervisors. The competiton and customers take a back seat to the amount of problems created by our own corporation. Employee customer service is largely becausr the employees are asked to do and know alot for little pay and the company manages from a very negative perspective. Emp-loyees and manager operate with a target on their back and are constantly being indirectly harrassed andput into very stressful situations. The bottom line is that Fedex office really doens tcare at all about its employees so long as they are money making robots.

• Bi
    bigbea Jun 24, 2010

Why do people complain? if you dont like the price then go somewhere else. Why do you whine? Grown adults acting like 4th graders is a true testament of this countries education system and over all intelligence of Americans. White trash unite!