Federal Expressundelivered package

Here are the facts.
At 12:15 pm, Thursday February 3rd, 2011 I took in a package to be delivered to Hammond, 30 miles away.
I paid almost $20 for it to be delivered Friday.
All day my recipient waited for the package.
Throughout the day, repeated references to the website said the package was "in transit" and "on schedule."
It was a ground delivery and the website said for FREIGHT deliveries there might be a delay, but ground delivery would not be delayed in Louisiana.
At 4:00 I called to find out what the delay was and was told the package was still in Baton Rouge.
Because of 'inclement weather' ELSEWHERE their freight trucks hadn't arrived so they didn't deliver my package.
The weather in Baton Rouge and Hammond was forecasted to be icy, but we only got rain in the morning. It wasn't even freezing rain.
So I paid to have a package delivered on Friday that I'm now being told won't go out till "Monday, Tuesday at the latest."

• Patches1101 Jun 27, 2017

They lost the package they say but think it is not their place to report the package lost to the sender. It is not my place to do it. They where the delivery service that got paid big money to mail a 10 LB bed frame over night and lost it within a few hours of getting it. They got it in Oakland, CA at 12:30 am and by 5 PM when I asked about package instead of it being in Arkansas like they was paid to deliver it over night that lost it. It was to have been delivered no later then 8 PM on the 16th. But it was not they lost it or it got stolen out of the warehouse in CA. Either way it is Federal Express fault I got my package like 3 days late. Paid for over night by plane and it was lost for 3 days in California. I see why Federal Express is always in trouble.