Menu
Home Internet Providers FairPoint Communications Service
V
Author of the complaint
7:55 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Reported a service outage of my DSL line on July 20th (31 days ago). Have spent HOURS with tech support and customer service trying to get status. Three promises to escalate in the last two weeks but still no resolution. No one has the ability to contact local tech service. Fairpoint customer service and tech support representatives have been professional and polite (and I've talked to a lot of them!), but they are hamstrung by poor procedures and management directives that clearly have no respect for their rural customers. Why should they? Afterall, there are no other choices in many areas that Fairpoint serves. I travel a lot, so need some sense of when and if tech repair needs access to the inside of the house. I was assured that this wouldn't be necessary. On August 7th at 5:10 pm I received an automated call that my "problem had been identified and repaired". Upon returning to my address, I found a door hanger from technician DN2 (Dave) dated August 8th at 6:00 pm - with the box checked that they needed access to my house to finish the repair. The note was a full 25 hours AFTER the call saying the repair had been completed! AND, a package (soaked from days of rain) on the front stoop from Fairpoint (containing one of their c****y modems). I was never notified by phone that a tech needed access to the house or that a shipment would be arriving. When I called tech support to inquire, the ticket had been closed. I am still without service and at my witt's end. Does anyone know how to truly escalate issues such as these?

More FairPoint Communications complaints & reviews

FairPoint Communications - lack of service
FairPoint Communications - Supreme Idiocy
FairPoint Communications - Overbilling and lost order...
FairPoint Communications - Poor Service / Unending delays
FairPoint Communications - Penalty 24 hours after paying bill
FairPoint Communications - deceit-billed for services don't have- holding my deposit- cancelled service-unable to talk to manager
FairPoint Communications - Unfair practices, outrageous pricing, monopoly
FairPoint Communications - I WANT VERIZON BACK!!!!!!
0 comments