Fairpoint CommunicationsI literally HATE Fairpoint

I wish I had known when I switched to Verizon Fios that Fairpoint was taking over the relms. There is no way I would have ever switched.

This company knew they were taking over, why would they not have all these things such as billing etc in place.
Their website is a joke. Does not even work with Firefox.
Their new billing/payment system is yet another joke. Do I really want to enter my credit card into a website that does not show secure?
And what kind of company this size does not work 24/7...
Fed up and might have to look elsewhere.

• Rb
    R_B_S Feb 26, 2017

Fairpoint first-level internet tech support is also a joke. Whenever I lose internet connection and can't reestablish by cycling my modem and router, I call the support number but only for the purpose of getting a problem ticket opened. With an open ticket, I can get a local tech to come to the house. The local techs in this area are actually quite knowledgeable and have never failed to resolve a problem. First level support is another story! Invariably, as soon as they learn that I am using the Fairpoint modem/router only for WAN access and using my own router for LAN management, they announce that it's a problem with my router--no diagnostics, no data, no clue. It's pitiful. I should add that in the numerous times I've had to call them, never has there been an equipment or configuration problem on the house side of the DEMARC.

Max K-L Feb 14, 2015

I moved to rural southwestern Maine ON December 1, 2014 and called Fairpoint - the only Internet provider available - to get Internet service. They say it will be installed on December 26...they never show. I call on January 2, 2015 and find out my install date has changed to February 5th. Why? I ask. They say that the address they wrote down was for some random street in a town 20 miles away. I tell them it's unacceptable and they say they will put in a request with their "fail team" to have it moved up. That's right, they literally call their error correction department their "fail team" because they are so terrible. I call back a week later and they say they can't move up the date. On Februare 2nd the modem shows up in the mail, so I think ok I guess they have it figured out now. Wrong...it's February 13th and I still have no Internet and when I called 3 days ago they said "we don't know what happened, we will call you back ASAP with an answer." Still nothing. All this crap for a 7 mb/s Internet service...what a joke. Oh, did I mention I'm a graduate student in an online program? I had a 4.0 before this semester but because of all the snow sometimes I literally can't drive the 12 miles to dunkin donuts to use their wifi. I hate Fairpoint and I haven't even received their service yet.

• Ca
    CatWhispurrer Mar 07, 2011

I have the same session timeout problem! It just isn't getting any better with this company, no matter how much time they've been given to get things right. I've had numerous problems with billing, inability to access my account, DSL problems..., Grrrrr!

• Br
    broadsteel Jan 29, 2011

Sorry, meant to say think it takes time to TIME out? No, a second. Dumb Fairpoint is making me dumber too.

• Br
    broadsteel Jan 29, 2011

Fairpoint Communications is the laziest, cheapest, DUMBEST company I have ever had the mispleasure of being basically forced to deal with. If I want a land line phone, apparently these clowns are IT. I have emailed them probably 10 times in the last couple years because when I try and pay my bill online (which is, um. HOW WE DO IT THESE DAYS) it times out and says "Please log in again!" Think it takes time to log out? Oh hell no -- how about 1 second. I have told them OVER AND OVER and OVER again, and do these chuckleheads fix it??? NO!!! I cannot be the only person who has trouble paying their bill on this company's web site -- I pay ALL my bill sonline and NEVER have a problem. Ever!

DOPES!!!

• Du
    durkadurrr May 30, 2010

I hate Fairpoint so much, the customers are so stupid and irate... Wish I would've been given a different ISP to do tech support for LOL out of the 10 ISP's my company does internet technical support for ... I got stuck with Fairpoint.

ANGRY IN MAINE May 18, 2010

I hate this company... I have had fairpoint for a year, not once have I recieved an on time statement. Everytime I call, I am told that there is no record of statements being returned. Was told by by a representative, and I quote: "Maybe someone is stealing the statements out of your mailbox"... REALLY?! Have spoken with many representitives and supervisors and no one has a CLUE!! I had TERRIBLE phone service through them, and everytime I called to have it rectified, they sent me a new box of filters to put on the phone. I have SIX boxes of filters and the phone still does not work right!!! Have had terrible customer service on every phone call. Every rep that I have spoke with has been rude, condecending, and ignorant. I called once and was transferred SIX TIMES!!! Not once was my situation explained to the next rep, and I had to explain myself everytime i was transferred!!! I want to tell everyone reading this, STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!! TERRIBLE SERVICE!! RUDE PEOPLE!! AND TERRIBLE BUSINESS PRACTICE!!! STAY AWAY!!!

• Ug
    ugh Jun 02, 2009

I'm trying to set up direct deposit and was first told that it takes ~30 days to process and was most recently told that it takes 2 months. PSNH got me set up for direct deposit within a week. Just called Fairpoint to set up my online account (which I guess won't be secure??) and was not able to get my password because the Fairpoint server was down. I was told that I will receive it by email in 24-48 hours. Also, I have a Mac and am only able to access the website using Opera, a web browser I had never heard of. I can't keep making 30 minute phone calls during business hours! Thanks a lot, Fairpoint.

• Ih