Extreme Acai Berry Melt Away TabletsFree trial Scam

R

I sent for a free sample of the above product and agreed that my credit card be deducted in the sum of $3.95 for post and packing. Upon reciept of the free trial the advice slip informed me that my account would be further deducted on a monthly basis $89.31 for a months supply of Extreme Acai Berry Tablets unless I cancel the arrangement within 14 days, a telephone number was supplied as per above but it wasn't contactable.

The advice note also stated that the company had "several great products and we want to ensure that you are aware of how these charges may appear on your statement" Acai Green Tea Fusion, Acai GT Blend, My VIP Fit, Your VIP Fit, I also understand from a blog complaint site re this company/scam that customers may also find them selves "signed up to" Acai, Nubodi, Pricelimbo and Fitfactory with attendant unagreed charges being made.

I most certainly did not knowingly undertake to recieve anything more than the free sample when making my order and giving my credit card details. Neither did I give my authority to have my details passed on to any other undertaking. I am now aware of hundreds of customers world wide having been scammed by this company.

I for my part have cancelled my credit card account, blocked all transactions and made a fraud report to my bank/credit card supplier. There was no other contact detail on the advice note other than the phone number. The shipping detail on the package is
Fulfillment
4650 SW 51st St, Bay 711
[protected]
Davie
Florida 33314

I have since also found an email address which I am informed is with ref to Extreme Acai Berry
[protected]@nubodi.com
This may be of help in tracking down this organisation. I do hope that you are able to do something about this shocking business.

• Na
    Naomi McKay Jan 16, 2010

I asked for special offer for $54.26 but after submitting my credit card details was charged over $91. I have emailed [email protected] on 2 occasions and have received no reply. I want a refund and to cancel any further ´offers´. Has anybody any idea how I can do this?

• Tr
    trevorfsj Sep 10, 2009

I had read many complaints here about this company so when I came across their advert on the internet I decided to check it out. Their terms and conditions clearly state when and how much will be debited to accounts and also give clear instructions as to what has to be done and when in order to avoid any charges. This seems like a case of people not taking the time to read what they are agreeing to by taking the trial offer.

sandie mc Apr 20, 2009

Yup I'm another one been scammed by this company, the contact number is the same but the address is PO box 2061 Sandy, Utah 84091.
    Only realised last week that they had been taking money and only ever received one bottle of pills after the free trial !!!
    Tried to ring the number but apparently my provider needs to authorise the number (whatever that means)

Never again will I be scammed like this, would like to know how I get all my money back ;o(

• Pa
    papavaf Mar 03, 2009

Why are these people allowed to post ads online?
    This is a pathetic scam - they should be sued - and, wait, perhaps ALL the sites that post their ads should be sued as well, as they are ENABLING these ###.

andi richards Feb 12, 2009

I have had the same problem trying to deal with these people. The first time I called to get my money back, I was told that they didn't issue refunds and weren't accepting returns . I guess they're not very educated on customer satisfaction and apparently they don't care. I have reported them to the Federal Trade Commission. Maybe that will make some sparks fly. It angers me that they think they can get away with this. I talked to them again today and now they claim they will refund my money once I return the product. My account was charged $89 and for what?? I can go into my local health food store and buy the same thing if not better for $14.99.
    I guess we'll see!!

• Br
    brehar Feb 10, 2009

Considering Oprah is on the website endorsing the product. I wonder what a phone call to Harpo Productions would do to this company???

• Be
    BeckieA Feb 09, 2009

I have had recurring charges for 'membership' on my credit card, so I have authorised my credit card company to notify them of my immediate cancellation and if they do not comply, my bank will reverse the charges immediately. I will never be buying 'free' samples over the internet again!

Beckie(New Zealand)

• Ex
    EXTREME ACAI BERRY Feb 08, 2009

I FEEL 'SCAMMED!

• Ex
    EXTREME ACAI BERRY Feb 08, 2009

I have canceled my account/order. I will return the bottle of pills and request the charge is efuned to my credit card.
    What a scam! I am having problems entering my comments.

Winterville, GA US

• Dw
    dwal Feb 02, 2009

I too had the same experience with the Acai Berry All Natural cleansing formula. I returned the product after 14 days because I had a phone number that did not work and according to the return instructions you had to have a special # before returning the product. I sent it certified and they still charged my credit card. I was able to retrieve my $94.00 back but it was a major hassle. I found the same product at Vita cost for much less!

• Su
    susan griffo Jan 27, 2009

I called that number from dkspears, a woman came on I could not under stand, asked and name and address, then hung up. I am trying to call again, Got hem, said they have no record of me so I told them, They will go to court, its the principle not the money. And I will take them to court. I am sick of people taking advantage of others honestly. I am an honest person and would never think of doing this t someone. They deserve to go to court, get closed, and be heard on all television stations to disgrace them for their inconsideration and deceit. I have had it

• Kl
    kllightbourne Jan 27, 2009

I experienced the same and I went to my local bank and reported the fraud. They immediately cancelled my card, refunded my money and issued me a new card. I never went back to the company, as I knew they would give me the run around. Hope this helps.

• Kh
    Khrissy24 Jan 27, 2009

Thank you so much dkspears6 for posting the actual phone number to call and discontinue my shipments...I had called 2 other numbers with no such luck. The customer service person who answered the phone didnt give me a hard time about cancelling my order...she just wasnt very friendly but I dont care ...considering I am from Alberta Canada and with the exchange rate my Acaiberry tablets were costing me over 100 dollars a month and they dont even work...
    Again thank you so much for posting the proper phone number...

Mary Kinard Jan 20, 2009

I paid 2.00 postage and handling for a 15 day trial supply of tablets and was charged 89.00 plus for a "membership" and monthly tablets. Nothing was ever said about having to pay for a membership or for more tablets when requesting for the 15 day supply.

• Rh
    Rhonda Johnston Jan 18, 2009

I too was taken by these people i cancelled within 8 days and you had 15 and that was almost impossible to do trying to track these people down then they kept charging me for the 89.00 for the next 3 months and there was always a problem and several calls before it was resolved and the credit card company had to get involved.

• Tr
    tracy rolph Jan 15, 2009

i had a pop-up and liked what i saw to begin with...
    i saw a free trial, so i thought i would try it for £3.72 plus PnP a few weeks later i had another delivery ffrom the same brand ( these tablets ) so i checked my bank statement and called my bank and they had drew out a subtotal of £64.33 on my debit card. so i reported these tablet offer to my bank company.
    STILL WAITING ON A REPLY

BIG SCAM!!!

• St
    stevester13 Jan 11, 2009

My girlfriend got scammed by this too in December 2008
    Same deal send 3.95 for S/H for trial and billed over 100 to credit card and not able to cancel
    Sussex NB Canada

• La
    Laurel Dec 31, 2008

I also bought the free trial of extreme acai berry for 3.95 and almost right away noticed a charge of 29.95 for fit factory got that refuded right away. I also used my checking account. Did not expect there to be any automatic deductions. I did not even get the pills when I was charged exactly 14 days later for 89.31
    I called and was told would be refunded back to my account with in 10 days. They did then send a trial bottle that wasn't even for a full week it was supposed to be a 2 week trial. Also there were no instructions about calling and canceling in 14 days. It was Nov.24 2008 when first called and still have not been refunded have called them several times and they keep saying it's been refunded or just sent. Obviously lieing with no intentions of refunding. Did ask name of businss and where located. Said New body? and in S.L.C. Ut. I noticed someone else said it was Nubodi in Orem UT. I was thinking about contacting BBB and or OR. State Att. General with complaint any other Suggestions, Ideas, Thoughts, ect. thanks and Good Luck.

• Or
    Oregon Pair Dec 30, 2008

Ordered Online "free sample" . Cancelled further orders. Was charged for a membership to fitfac.com 29.95 per month, prizelimbo.com 8.51, and 89.31 for another bottle of Extreme Acai Berry melt away tablets. When I called the number on the bottle to dispute, they would not reverse the charges. I am disputing with the credit card company.

Jay Herring Dec 27, 2008

I too ordered this product. What a scam!!! How can I cancel my order? The phone number has had me on hold for 30 minutes so far and counting. There is no email address to cancel so I guess I'll have to cancel my credit card or do without one.

• Je
    Jessica Dec 18, 2008

Thanks For The Number [protected] the lady would not give me any kind of refund, but she said that she would stop any more shipments. But to be on the safe side I did go take care of things at the bank. Don't order AcaiBerry spread the word!! Don't let others get scamed!!

• Je
    Jessica Dec 18, 2008

I also order the trail AcaiBerry for $1 and now they are shipping me bottles, charging my account without my say so. I too want to stop them from taking money out my account. How do I get a hold of them?

• Pa
    paula Dec 15, 2008

i to ordered the free trial of colon 700 and the acai berry, now i am being sent additional bottles and my credit card is being charged, how can i get a refund, iwish to return the bottles asap, , please help

• Dk
    dkspears6 Dec 13, 2008

call [protected]...a lady helped me after I burst into tears when she told me that they have a no refund policy and apparently on the website that i had visited while ordering my free trial states that if u dont call within 14 days, they will charge u 89 dollars and send u a full bottle...the woman on the line had a little compassion however and once she heard me crying she said she couldnt handle hearing me cry and would refund me half of the money and to keep the bottle. Half back is better than 89 out, ya know

• Dk
    dkspears6 Dec 13, 2008

Yes, I have just experience the same problem. I ordered a free trial and then later was charged 89 and sent a full bottle. Apparently you had to call and cancel the account, and they have a no refund policy, however when I broke down in tears, seeing as how its right around the corner from Christmas and I already have no money and 4 kids, they agreed to send me a 45 dollar refund and I got to keep the bottle. SO they lady did help me in that regaurd. Just please read all the fine print carefully. 90 bucks is not pocket change for most.

• Em
    emma20 Dec 12, 2008

I ordered this trial size of acai berry tablets for just under £3. What the website didnt tell me was that after 14 days of having the trial size i would then have to pay around £60-£70 for 31 day supply, so on and so forth. I have been given an American contact number to ring, but as Im from England I cannot ring the number. I just want to know how the hell I cancel this as Im a single mum who is struggling to feed my child and now I have this to worry about aswell. I am in desperate need of cancelling this right away but I have no idea how to. Please help me.

The only details left on the delivery package were:

Fullfillment
    4650 SW 51st St., Bay 711
    [protected]
    Davie FL 33314

Maria Hare Dec 04, 2008

Please can you tell me how to stop payment and receite of anymore AcaiBerry.

Thanking you

Maria Hare

The phone number does not answer

Marisa Dec 04, 2008

The same this has happened to me and I have copied down some of the information I have seen on the blog in hopes that it may help. I did contact them for the Exterme and finally got them and a fiber supplement both that with 3.00 trials and got them cancelled but not before charges appeared. My bank temporairly replaced the funds until they investigate and I have a fraud alert up.

• Iv
    ivettenelys Dec 03, 2008

its fraud and dats all i have to say about acaberry products...dont waste ur time getting robbed by this company

• Ju
    Julia Dec 02, 2008

I just called the Acai berry place and got my confirmation number for unsubscribing, however, I looked on my account and found 2 strange numbers with charges of $20 each. I am going to call tomorrow to get them cancelled. THe numbers that are on my account are [protected] for "Fit-fac" and [protected] for something from Clearwater, FL. HOpe this helps you guys. Watch out for more charges. I was lucky that I caught them now. Good luck!

• Mi
    Michelle Dec 02, 2008

Exact same thing -- I have had to cancel my credit charge and file a dispute -- what a mess I have never been scammed before -- and I'm not sure the product works. I guess I need to diet and exercise!!

• Ca
    Carole Arkinstall Dec 02, 2008

Please cancel all further orders of this product. I received the trial package. Do not wish to continue.

• Da
    dataentrylady Dec 01, 2008

I ordered my sample and before it came they billed me 84.95 for another bottle, called my bank and they gave me this number [protected]. I did speak to someone after waiting for 15 minutes and did cancel my order. good luck to ya.

• Do
    Dolores Fernette Dec 01, 2008

i want to cancel my order the the name on the mail list is Dolores Fernette 645 Cambrideport rd chester vt 05143 i have try call you thank you

• Mr
    mrs jane mcelhinney Dec 01, 2008

i have tried to phone to cancel but i can not get through i do not want to to be charged

• Mi
    Michelle Dec 01, 2008

Exactly the same happened to me. I feel like such an idiot and am also $89.31 lighter. I kept thinking I hadn't given them my credit card details but of course I had for the postage of the FREE trial. I am still trying to resolve the situation and of course am having no joy with the number [protected] no matter what I do from Australia. Thanks Ronald for the email address I will give that a try.

• Na
    Natalie Nov 27, 2008

I am in the UK and the same thing happened to me. I received the trial yesterday (which was the 14th day). I made the order on the 3rd Nov 08 and they only shipped it out 10 days later. I tried the online cancellation but it don't have the right link.
    I will be pursuing this as i paid for a free trial and will not be charged for the full 30 day when i didn't even get the trial before they charged me (charged me on the 13th day of the free trial too...). This makes the Terms and Conditions null and void in my view. I paid for a free trial which i did NOT get. I finally spoke to someone after trying 4 times, the person didn't speak very good english and i spent 10 mins spelling out my name to him. I was told that my credit card would be refunded after 14 working days but i have read that no-one has ever received a refund from your company. This was all after i was offered 'deals' to keep me joined. I have just received the 31 day supply and have returned it to the address on the label. I just want to know that i will be refunded for this and that my details have not be sold to other companies who are now scamming me for money i don't even know about!

joanne Nov 27, 2008

auto ship scam
    i am in uk
    i have to phone the above number- cant use the cheap dial up companies for a 'toll-free' number- keep getting on hold listening to music- apparently best time is 6-9pm MST which is 1-3a.m GMT!
    they will debit $35 each month from my credit card until i can get thru to cancel!!!
    help!!! what can i do!!!

• Sh
    Sharon Greenland Nov 24, 2008

I too feel duped, I just agreed to the FREE trial not agreeing to any other purchase. They have just stung me for the $89.31 - I called to report it to my credit card company they have cancelled my card and I now have to try and claim the money back. I hope someone can try and stop this kind of dishonest conduct.

• Al
    Alyson Nov 24, 2008

hiya,

I just called them and managed to get them to cancel mine - i just hope that i don't get any more charges - will just need to wait and see ...