Expediacancellation policy-expedia/days inn

I booked three rooms for one night at Days Inn Levis Quebec. I accidentally inserted the arrival date as July 12 instead of August 12th. I immediately realized my mistake and called Expedia. They contacted the hotel and were unable to reach the manager. I followed up this morning, they called manager and said there was nothing that could be done and I have to pay the $380.00 for a room I will never use. I also followed up with the manager and she confirmed there was nothing they could do as I booked through Expedia. I understand that there is a non-refundable policy however there should be more flexibility for a cancellation within five to ten minutes. It was obvious that this was just a simple mistake.