Evans Halshawappalling service

M

How I wish I had checked out Evans Halshaw before doing business with them.
We have purchased a used Mondeo from a branch (Chilwell, Nottingham) which is about 50 miles from where we live. On driving home after collecting the vehicle we identified a problem with the rear off-side wheel. The branch was notified immediately and asked to arrange for the problem to be dealt with. Total disinterest from the dealer and no effort to resolve the issue. All that was required of them was to ask our local dealer to look into it and they couldn't even do that. Tired of waiting and chasing them we contacted the local dealer (Stourbridge) ourselves; after all, the car is still under manufacturer's warranty. We arranged to take the car to them for assessment which was done. They then have to get permission from the supplying branch to fix the problem. This communication can only be done by email! Since the supplying branch cannot be bothered to reply to the email nothing happens! At no time in any of this sorry saga has anyone from Evans Halshaw bothered to contact me. They clearly hope that if they ignore you you will go away. If we ever get this issue resolved I shall ensure I never again have any dealings with Evans Halshaw. If you value your sanity you won't either!

mark pearson1110 Aug 24, 2015

just been to evans halshaw today a tyre preasure wheel sensor part was broken all I got was you must have broken it they flatly refused to do anything but pay for it myself the car its self is not even a year hold ..this is the second time its happened to this car not again the things going back asap...I WOULD DEFINATLY NOT RECCOMEND EVANS HALSHAW TO ANYONE

Jon Warren Jan 19, 2015

Bought a Citroen from Evans Halshaw Cardiff in September 2014 in January 2015 it broke down all the power steering went got the AA to recover the car and they towed me to the garage around 5 o'clock. I was covered by a warranty that I had purchased from them when I bought the car. I asked if I could have loan car no they said as we can only offer me one after 24 hours if the car was not repaired by then. next day called them, they told me all the computer systems were down at their guarantee center which happened to be part of their own company.After three days they got the OK from the guarantee company but they then had to wait for the part this was an ECU unit that controlled the power steering motor by now I was angry that I had no car spoke to the service manager and as mentioned in other reports from customers they are never there and don't return your phone calls. I now have a loan car. How ever when fitting the part they had to get the ECU unit booted up by computer and has Citroen synchronize with their computer for it to down load the program. this has now taken nearly 14 days. During this time my Mother was very ill which only added to the stress of the situation as I wanted to get to London from Wales to see her. I also called their customer care department to make a complaint they said they would deal with the complaint and call me back and guess what they as yet have not called me back. I can only assume that this is how Evans Halshaw are train their staff to deal with their customers, if you mess them about enough the'll go away. problem solved. I will never use them again and will most certainly never recommend them to any of my friends or family. Still waiting to get my car back.
    Mr J Warren
    PS hope one of Evans Halshaw Directors reads this but then he won't call be will he

• Jl
    jlawhite Oct 19, 2012

I have unfortunately had a similar appauling experience with Evans Halshaw Chilwell and can only confirm that I have never seen anyone so disinterested with after service in my life. Loan cars not being booked (despite having email confirmation of the booking, no apology) an inability to support my car ( the alarm keeps going off at all hours and the fuel gauge is a quarter of a tank out, the dealership have no mazda diagnostic software to diagnose the problem) and constant fobbing off ("It's the way you're driving it" & "You'll just have to monitor the fuel gauge" being the best two.
    AVOID