Arnold Clark Automobiles Logo

Arnold Clark Automobiles

Having problems with Arnold Clark Automobiles?

454 Hillington Road
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun12:00 PM - 5:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

corsa

My son bought a corsa brand new from Arnold Clark in Winsford. He was told he could up the mileage with etra cost if needed, that is not the case, and also had a service package first and second one £279. He recieved a email from another Vauxhall dealer re his service being due, so thought it was ok to take it to any vauhall dealer and was charged £250 for one service. That for a start should not be allowed. Vauhall should make sure other dealers dont contact other customers that they havent dealt with. On ringing Arnold clark in winsford was told the woman he dealt with was now at Northwich and she denied all knowledge of what she said and put the phone down (guilty if you ask me). I have complained to Vauhall resolver who are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard who responded with they couldnt do anything, i have also complained to vauhall compliants and recieved no reply. Seems to me that they will say anything to get the sale then aftercare is disgusting. I will not let this drop until my son has had a refund for the extra money. They dont even reply when you put something on twitter. ould not reccomend them to anyone.

Unnecessary work

At the end of January our Megane dci Dynamiq developed a problem with the boot lock which meant we could not gain access to it.

We took it to our local Renault Dealer, Arnold Clark in Bishopbriggs for which we thought would be a strat forward job of cutting out the lock and fitting a new one, unfortunately this turned into to a saga and we ended up with a bill of just under £1, 000.

I have two main points which I would like answers to.

1 is it possible to do a straight forward job of removing and old boot lock and replacing it.

2 If this was not possible should the tradesmen have known that the only way to repair this was to replace the number plate plinth.

Instead of this the company carried out extensive investigative work which obviously did not reopair the damage.

My complaint is that as renault dealers they should have known how to carry out the repair without the expensive intermediate work

Shocking service.

i BOUGHT AN ASTRA VAN FROM A DEALER 4 WEEKS AGO. AFTER A WEEK A WARNING LIGHT CAME ON THE DASH. AFTER 3 WEEKS I AM STILL MINUS THE CAR.THEY HAVE ORDERED NUMEROUS PARTS, SEPERATELY.!!! REBOOKED IT IN WITH THEMSELVES SEVERAL TIMES. REFUSED ME A COURTESY CAR.OFFERED ME A HIRE CAR A A REDUCED RATE!!!.
I AM STILL CAR LESS AND FIND NOW THEY ARE FITTING A PART THAT WAS NEVER DIAGNOSED AS WRONG.
IT TAKES FOREVER TO GET THROUGH ON THE PHONE AND THEY NEVER UPDATE YOU AS TO ANY PROGRESS.
I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED WITH THE SERVICE FROM THIS COMPANY. DONT USE THEM.

Fake mot pass

I purchased my car from Arnold Clark in Winsford in Nov / Dec 2008. When i was in the office the salesman was very keen and literally threw everything possible at me so i would buy the car. When I returneda few days later to to pick the car up he had suddenly left the company! I had agreed to take the car as all of the things he had offered were worthwhile (free service, extra key, valet before pick up etc..) and when the mot was due I took it back to the same branch though 30 miles plus from my house thought to just go back their as I was familiar with the sales team. The MOT passed with flying colours which was great but this year I decided to take my car to kwik fit for its mot as there is one local to my home. Feeling that i may need a new tyre or something small like that, i was shocked to hear that i need a full new headlamp for the front passenger side of the car! Now the question I asked immediately was "should that not have been picked up on the last mot?" Needing the full bracket means there is nothing at all to screw the main beam bulb into therefore it has never been there but was passed at this main dealers which in my opinion was ignored knowing the cost of the part and knowing the question of who is going to pay for this as i had only had the car a matter of weeks!! Being directed to different people and being told that someone will call me back is really starting to be rather annoying as i would like an answer to my question "why was this not picked up at the time?" The part alone is £140 without fitting so obviously a blind eye was turned so this company didn't have to replace it!!

very unhappy with the way i have been treated

on the 31st of march i purchased a car from this dealers on collecting the car i was informed there was no manual book avialable at the time, two weeks later, still no books, and to my horror i checked my bank account i found they had debited my account twice, after phone call and phone call, ive, got my money back, but to no help from the dealer, very disapointed at the way ive been treated, after being a loyal customer.

• Ar
    Arnold Clark Apr 18, 2011

Hi, we would be happy to try and help remedy the situation? Please call our Customer Services Dept, 0141 308 1902 and we will investigate and do our best to resolve your complaint.

Thanks!

Alasdair
    Customer Services

Simply awful

SELL AND FORGET

Despite all their adverts and promises this multifranchise car dealership should be avoided at all costs. Once they sell you a car, they don't want to anymore about it. The term Customer Care is not in their vocabulary. Just type "arnold clark complaints" into your PC and spend a whole evening reading about all of us who have been stung by this shard outfit.

lies of selesman

i bought a £20, 000 car off these people and the agreement was that i payed the screen price for the car and they would give me the first two services free of charge!! at the time of the deal i had three of my company work collaeges with me who also heard and wittnessed these words of the salesman!! however, on my return to the garage after booking in for my first service, they have completley denied all this and want me to pay!! these people dont ring you back iether!! i have rang there complaints department after several phonecalls and they say because i have not got it in writing then its my fault!! so basically you do not trust there salesmen one bit!!! they lie!!! i have learned a valuable lesson and i want everyone to know that arnold clarke in oldbury in the west midlands conn people to get there sales.. even though i have wittnessess i cant do a thing about it...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices