Etsy.comthis site needs more restrictions

F

This site needs more restrictions. I bought clothing off Thaisaket several months back, they lied about shipping from the USA, I needed the clothing for a gift. I left a negative, The shop owner was rude and threatening about me taking it back. They accused me of not liking Asians. Etsy didn't seem to care after I complained to them. They said I had to work it out with the seller. I also ordered earrings, they were shipped from the same Thai address, I thought I was ordering from a different company, FakeGaugeOrganics, they fell apart in a few days. They wanted me to pay shipping to send me a replacement. Apparently, these people don't make anything, I found them on etsycallout several times. Their feedbacks indicate poor service and cheap merchandise. I have had ok buying experiences on Ebay, but etsy has been the worst. I quit buying there. It is supposed to be a site for artists, but I don't think so. Same stuff on Ebay.

• Le
    Leonard61 Feb 18, 2015

I happen to know this seller doesn't even make their clothing, they buy it from a factory in Bangkok where they are based. The seller is a rogue of the first order and has forced many legitimate people off of etsy and stolen their products (from a selling point of view), claiming thy hav stolen the designs, which they haven't, they were buying from the same factory. This seller also has other etsy shops like https://www.etsy.com/shop/CottonCulture . Recently a couple of them were taken down but etsy allows these people to continue selling. And yes, exactly the same stuff is being sold on eBay by the same seller.

• Or
    Orpine Dec 08, 2012

Placed an order for $200 item and with two weeks gone by have received no e-mail confirmation, or any contact of any kind from anybody. There is no means of contacting the seller, and I am left sitting here completely at the mercy of whoever it is that received the money

use at your own risk.

Jo Ruby Nov 30, 2012

Same thing happened to me! Bridesmaids gifts for my wedding. The shop closed and I never received the gifts. Etsy basically said that I have no recourse and I'm out hundreds of dollars. ETSY IS THE WORST!

• Or
    Orbice Nov 22, 2012

There is so much just crap that people claim is handmade that I can tell is being pumped out of a factory oversees.

I have bought two things from Etsy and one was great and arrived and the other one the seller closed their shop and Etsy pretty much told me, "Oh well sorry no refund".

• Na
    Navire Jun 25, 2012

It was horrible never ever again would I waste my time and money. It's a scam a scam. Beware and for Leigh don't even get me started. What a joke I will be reporting to BBB asap.

• Mi
    Milodarke Mar 08, 2012

I placed an internet order for 3 chicken wire cloches which was paid for by PayPal. I got one response after 4 weeks which said the order would take 8-9 weeks. All inquiries after that were not responded to. I think this company is bogus.

• Sm
    Smile Oct 26, 2011

Etsy has turned into a mass produced product store - selling products that are not hand crafted but shipped in from overseas by the thousands. I sell there - or should I say - used to sell there. My small handcrafted items just get lost in the factory mess in search there now.

• Ji
    Jilonee Mar 09, 2011

This is really worst site ever! they charge so much for renew buyer's products but worst. First not much people know this website and support is terrible. so many problem of site. They need to upgrade their site and marketing too.