ETSY — merchandise not delivered? consumers beware etsy's no refund policy!
Case #[protected]. On 2/28/19 I purchased a $69 ring on Etsy website. The vendor is in India. Five weeks later the tracked location of the merchandise was still New Delhi, India. So, on 4/3/19 I requested a refund, which Etsy denied, 4/14/19.
Note: Etsy's only payment service provider is PP. Etsy contracts with vendors internationally to produce and deliver customer merchandise. The vendor, w/wo Etsy involvement, is responsible to secure reliable delivery service (UPS, DHL, other). Also to insure the merchandise before relinquishing it for delivery service. Etsy's position regarding denial of my refund is absurd! "Etsy's policies do not hold sellers responsible for shipping delays or errors as long as the seller is able to prove that they shipped the order...We recommend that you contact the shipping service for assistance with locating the package." The merchandise was never delivered. At no point in time was it ever mine. My folly was doing business with Etsy, in the first place.
More ETSY Complaints & Reviews
- ETSY - deleted without an explanation and harassing emails without provocation 
- ETSY - useless trust and safety team/admin 
- ETSY - warning
- Etsy . com - closed my account when I complained...
- Etsy.com - avoid this website at all costs 
- ETSY - wig
- Etsy.com - the company never initiated any contact to inform us they were behind schedule 
- ETSY - google lookup
- Etsy.com - prior to etsy closing my store with no warning
- ETSY - order# 1447817113