Complaints & Reviews

Order b3030379160

I placed the above order (shirt/pants) on Sunday, May 24. I paid $20 extra for 2-day shipping (which I "assumed" would be Air). The tracking never updated, so today, Thursday, May 28, I contacted Backcountry.com to determine if my package would be delivered to my daughter in Los Angeles today, since she needed it today. They said it was sent UPS Ground (which is usually 2 days from Utah), but they show no record of where it is. So, a customer assumes when they request 2-day shipment that it will NOT be sent UPS Ground. The company definitely is making money off their customers at that rate, and the package is nowhere to be found. They have a very dissatisfied customer.

Cathy Hill
Jeffersonville, Inaiana

horrible quality

Didn't know that this company provided clothes with the worst quality in the world. Looks like the items arrive directly from China.
Maybe those people who wrote positive comments were just lucky, but I suspect that they are exceptions.
my Prana Leah Skirt - Women's was poorly made and looked like a potato sack. It cost me $44.82 and I consider it overpriced. I paid too much for a piece of crap.
Certainly, I will ship it back, I don't need this sign of poverty in my wardrobe.

• Sh
    Shaun R. Dec 10, 2017

Do you have photos of this skirt? They say, "A photo is worth a thousand words."

I'm very disappointed with BackCountry.

Placed an order with BackCountry and was supposed to get it in 2 days but it did not arrive so I decided to wait some few extra days.
About a week later I called BackCountry and asked about my order. Their rep tried to assure me that everything was fine and apologized. I decided to give them a chance and decided to wait a bit more.
About two weeks passed and I asked for a refund and they agreed and said that I'll get the money as soon as possible.
Yet I did not receive anything, no product and no money.
I'm very disappointed with BackCountry.

For some reason did not deliver my order

Really loved the merchandise so I ordered some things from www.backcountry.com and paid about $100 in total. They were supposed to deliver my order in two days but my stuff did not arrive and I contacted them to ask what was going on. They said that they had no idea what happened with my order and promised me a refund. I got my money back in few days, but I'm still really disappointed.

Extremely dishonest company!

I've made an order and purchased a jacket from www.backcountry.com. Several days later I received a message stating my jacket was no longer in stock. The I asked for a refund and they promised to give me my money back. Weeks passed and still no money. And the funniest part is that jacket is still advertised on their website! I really loved this site and wasted thousand of dollars here, but this definitely was my last purchase! Customer service is extremely dishonest!

They did not ship my items when they said they did

Good prices, but they did not ship my items when they said they did, and then when I called, they seemed to try to sidestep responsibility and lay the blame at UPS' door. The thing is, UPS never received the package. Now I am out some items I needed for my trip today, and Backcountry.com didn't even offer to do anything for me other than a full refund or re-shipment of my package at the exact same speed. If you have a hard and fast date you need your stuff by, don't order from this website.

• Ku
    Kultere Mar 23, 2012

I recently ordered a bike off of Hucknroll (backcountry owns it along with realcyclist, steepandcheap, bonktown, chainlove, etc). They charged my credit card before contacting me to tell me that they don't have any stock of the item. It is against most credit card companies rules for merchants to charge you prior to shipment. Despite stating in an email, "To help rectify your faith in us, we'd be happy to hook you up to the best of our ability", the service rep seemed to want me to either purchase another bike for $2000 more or cancel my order outright so he could get off the phone. Still waiting for my card to be reimbursed...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices