[Resolved] Etihad AirwaysI would like to complain about the 11 hour delay in athens to abu dahbi. and then another 13 hour delay in abu dahbi for me to travel to melbourne

I have always travelled with Etihad for my holidays, but this is the first time I have ever faced this. I even tried to change flights but everything is booked, or for me to buy a first class ticket, something which I can't afford. I am very disappointed with the organization. All together I have a 24 hour delay, which honestly it is unacceptable.
The first 11 hours delay I am able to manage but the 13 hour delay at Abu Dahbi is too much. I can't afford to go out to the city as I was advised to do. What am I to do for that long at the airport. Please help me find a solution.
I do hope that someone will respond.
Yours faithfully
Sofia Labropoulos

• Resolution statement

• Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Aug 17, 2019

Hello Sofia, if you need assistance regarding your delay please send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter as our response time is faster there. Then we can assist you. Thank you. *Isi

So
Aug 16, 2019

Comments

•   Aug 16, 2019

Good grief.

Delays happen all the time. Weather conditions around the world change and sometimes result in the airline making a decision to preserve the safety and security of their passengers and crew. As such, your delay is for your own good. You were advised to go out to the city because the workers can't stand your entitled whining. All in all you are lucky they didn't just refund you the balance and tell you walking isn't crowded.

Hope that helps!