[Resolved] Etihad Airwayswhat happened to etihad? no communication to passengers! it cost me $380!!

D Aug 14, 2018

First of all, the Etihad check-in staff were rude, including the manager!!

This is about my flight from Chicago to Abu Dhabi on August 3rd.

There was no pre-notification about the new carry-on size regulations. Even the woman at the complaint desk admitted to me "yeah, we didn't notify any passengers." So I ended up having to pay $380 with my credit card because they made me check the carry-on bag. Their attitude made me so nervous I couldn't think of another strategy and I began crying. My entire family regularly flies on Etihad but this experience has made us question if we are ever going to use them again.

My father has a large following of tens of thousands on Trip Advisor and he wanted to write about this experience but I asked him to wait until we hear back from Etihad to see if they will refund my money. So I will wait to see what happens.

• Etihad Airways's response · Aug 30, 2018

Dear guest,

Our Baggage Guide is available for everyone to see and we advise all our guests to review this before travelling to avoid disappointment at the airport. Rose

• Resolution Statement