ER SolutionsCollections Fraud

ANYONE INTERESTED IN FILING A CLASS ACTION SUIT?
Please post on this website or reply if possible

It seems like they are intentionally enducing the victim (the alleged Debtor) into settling for a balance owed that does not exist with the original creditor.

I'm no lawyer (I'm actually a 2nd yr law student) but I know a fraud when I see one. It looks like we have all been harmed by ER Solutions in a similar way, enought to justify combining all of our claims and one claim for relief (injunction, compensatory and punitive damages) against the fraud that ER Solutions is committing and the ongoing misrepresentations that a debt is owed as exemplified by each separate phone call and letter that everyone has received.

This is what I believe is the fraud: ER Solutions buys a client list, whether or not a debt is owed, they generate an amount due and claim that it is a balance due from the 'original creditor' Paypal. So when they attempt to collect they know you won't pay in full, that you will claim that nothing is due, but they will turn around and offer you a settlement at 60% or lower with the anticipation that you will believe it is not worth it and pay it, thus making their profit.

What I find suspicious is that Paypal never claimed a balance due, ER Solutions just appeared. So has this happened to anyone as well?

Is there anyone who would be interested in pursuing this? Should I start a forum? put an ad on craigslist (re: ER Solutions Fraud) and get this centralized? The reason being is that to do this one of us, or a chosen representative (any of us victims) would have to contact an attorney and provide detailed factual information along with proof that ER Solutions's claims are unsubstantiated and we have the documents to prove it.

This is my plight:

I just received a letter from ER Solutions claiming that I owe $166 for a Paypal debt, funny thing is, my address is partially incorrect, they added an apartment number... Ilive in a house and recently checked all of my transactions in the past 3 years and no money is owed to paypal.

• Th
    the gullible one Mar 24, 2010

I am now being garnished and I do not think that the original debtor knows because I have the cancelled checks to prove it paid took them down to credit agency and they said original creditor told them they all bounced! My bank got me fron and back copies and they were definetly paid they are garnishing my for almost 600 and the original debt was 200.00 what can i do.

• Dv
    DVU Apr 06, 2010

I just received today saying that I owe $533.18 and that they would accept half of it. I only have 1 paypal account and I'm still using it today. So what the heck? I'm in for a class action law suit. How do I sign up?

• Mc
    Mcouncilman Apr 06, 2010

I have also received a false collections notice from them.saying i owe a debt that i know for a fact that was paid years ago and was never late.Automatic billing from my account.I'm in for this case as well.

• Emi Carbajal Apr 06, 2010

There are a few thing I found out we have to do before we can move forward. I will put a letter together that will be supported by the Consumer Credit Protection Act. As soon as I have it done, I will post it, and anyone will be welcome to use it against ER Solutions in their own response. If the problem still persists where they are continuing to pursue with their 'debt collection' and depending on the number of people that get interested in this, then we can see if it will be feasible to do.

• Te
    texaspride Apr 07, 2010

Can these people hurt our credit? I checked my credit report today after receiving a similiar letter from ER Solutions. I had no idea how they even had my address. Well, credit bureaus show inquires from them, so they have all my information. I'd love to just ignore it, but I don't know what kind of power they have to ruin my credit. Anyone have an idea? I have searched the internet with no luck.

• snegron2007 Apr 24, 2010

I agree with everyone here. ER solutions sent me a letter back in jan and told me I owe them 408 for a creditor named paypal. I don't use paypal and double checked with paypal to make sure I don't have any accounts out there. They stated no I do not and I have the letter. When I contacted ER solutions and told them they were full of it that I don't owe paypal I dont even have an account the lady Dorthy Tucker stated on its now for a different account. Now this makes no sense. They call all the time and I do not talk to them on the phone I hang up on them. I told them I will not talk to them and if they have anything to say put it in writing. I have asked for proof of what they are talking about and they never it sent it to me. They are a scam and they can blow it out there butts.
    Harrassment is against the law and they seem to fail to understand that.

• Im
    imahl56 Jul 18, 2010

I am interested if you decide to file a class action lawsuit. These guys have been harassing and threatening myself and my family over a car accident they say I did, which I was never even involved in and had nothing to do with. They have suspended my license for the last year and refuse to reinstate it even with paperwork from the courts sent over to them. Please email me at [email protected] if this matter makes it far enough.

• Th
    thart1234 Aug 04, 2010

I am also interested. I just spoke to paypal, getting a letter saying I have no outstanding debt owed to them. Paypal wants me to fax the letter that I got from ER Solutions to them. Count me in on the lawsuit. What a disgrace.

angieb108 Apr 14, 2011

I just got a letter from ER Solutions...There's no description of the original creditor or original debit info, It's just a settlement offer, Funny thing is...any possible debt they could possibly be collecting on has been paid. I have been repairing my credit on my own by paying debts and settling accounts. There was a lot of activity on my credit report for the last 4 months because once I paid an account off, I disputed it to immediately get the info updated...I compared it with debts from as far back as 1997 and I cannot confirm that this is my debt. I recently settled another account with them so I'm thinking, they used my info to conjure up this bogus account...See I volunteered to pay the actual debt owed before..they didn't contact me, I reached out to them to pay my bill after so long.I definitely believe that this current letter is fraudulent...I will take part of a suit against them! absolutely! contact me: [email protected]

JackieRae Jun 23, 2012

I just got a letter from Convergent Resources, Inc, a subsidiary of ER Solutions saying I owe $5, 995.77 but will take $899.37 on a Providian Credit card that I used to but a "Set it and forget it" roaster for 4 easy payments of 29.95. That was 12 years ago! The statute of limitations in Texas on credit card debt is 4 years. 12 years later they want over $5000 to cook a chicken???
    If there is a class action lawsuit, count me in! Email me at [email protected]

• Bi
    BigMamaSez Aug 24, 2012

I am in if there's a class action suit. I have a PayPal account, but nothing is owed. Years ago, I had an outstanding balance due, but it was paid in full. Now, I am getting these letters demand $157.87 from Convergent Outsourcing at [protected] or to pay at www.payconvergent.com. I've emailed Paypal several times for verification, but haven't received a response. I wonder if someone hacked into their system and got personal info. from users in order to send out these bogus demand letters?