Complaints & Reviews

Debt

I owed the money to AT&T and no one had my new address or what state I now lived in. I looked at credit karma...

Collection agency

These people call 3 or 4 times a day starting at 8am! When I don't answer the call they don't leave...

phone call harassment

I started phone service with Basic Talk in July 2014. We have been receiving robocalls from a number that caller ID indicates as Enhanced Recovery Company immediately after phone service was connected. There is no answer when we pick up the phone, but we receive these calls almost daily. Our credit is good and there are no outstanding bills for us, so there is no reason for this harassment. I assume a previous user of our phone number may have deserved these calls, but we do not. We would just like the harassment to stop.

Collections phone call

I have just received a call from ERC collections. telling me to call and gave me a case # but only gave number to call once, and was a recording . Like I have a pen in my hand every time I answer the phone. If this was legit, I would expect that I had a bill past due then first a call or notification from whom ever is trying to collect. I have no past due bills, my credit score is excellent and I believe this to be fraud

The rep lied to me and didn't tell truth about the working conditions

I have found the advertisement about the job in ERC World Inc. The company looked very legal and...

Harassing telephone calls

I receive repeatedly automated messages on my answering machine saying who they are but not stating why they are calling. They do say that it is an attempt to collect a debt, and leave an account number. I have NO outstanding debts with anyone, and should there by one over sighted one, then why do they insist on phoning me and not writing a later to my address. Surely, if they have been hired by a company to collect a debt, they would know my mailing address .

Inconsiderate Employees

I am a resident of the apartment complex behind the ERC location in Orange Park, Florida. There are so many...

Resolved harassing phone calls to someone that does not live here, and never has!

We added this phone on our cable a couple of years ago, [protected]. Evidently this number belonged to someone else. We have had phone calls the entire time, sometimes two or three times a week. You try and call them to take your number off of their list, and they hang up on you. I have to listen to the entire phone message to even delete it! They keep giving me a reference number of [protected]. If there is someone else I can contact to make these calls cease, I would love to have the number! Please see what you can do about removing our name from their list. I can't pronounce or spell the name they are calling in reference to. Any help would be very much appreciated! Sincerely Sharon Southers

• Al
    alexkrieger May 07, 2012

If you have complaints about Enhanced Recovery please file a complaint with the FTC at

false info

They have called me numerous times. Sometimes 4 or 5 times a day claiming I owe them money. I have gone on to their website, and used the log in option, but my name doesn't come up. This has gone off during classes, and its getting really annoying and frustrating. If you have any tips, please post them. Who else do I go to with this?

banya7 Nov 30, 2011

follow up...they called me again this morning, didn't leave a voicemail, haven't called again. If they do call today I'll ask them whats going on and ask to speak to a manager...this is getting really bad

banya7 Nov 30, 2011

https://www.erccollections.com/ this is the company

Scam

Enhanced Recovery Corporation, has never called me, but yesterday I got a letter in the mail saying I owed AT&T money. So I called them and told them I never had AT&T, the man said I obviously did cause there was a bill. Now I asked him for where and when. He said [protected] in an a apartment complex that I had lived in but never at that apartment number. So I told him it was not me, he said that he had my social security number and read mine to to me and my name. He said I just needed to pay the bill cause it would go on my credit, being that I do not have the money I said I could not pay him anything. He argued with me and said he was recording me. So I decided to call the number on this sheet for AT&T they said that I had an account in 2004 and never said anything about me owning a bill. They also could not tell me where the bill was for or for what the service was. They also said their bill was too old to give me a contact number for the bill.

Should I look at this as a scam? Someone stole my Identity? I am not sure what to do.
But the Enhanced Recovery Corporation is rude and if they do not have any information I see it as a scam.

banya7 Dec 05, 2011

This is the 3rd time they have called me. I am going to my bank tomorrow to find out what is on my credit report and what I should do about this company.

• Go
    gotti Feb 12, 2013

att did the same thing with me from a sup bill in 2009 and it was i guess a land line with my cell bill and funny how i still have a cell but now they are saying i owe over 200.00 they would of cut off my cell

Resolved Phone Answering Machine Phishing

4 Years of harassing phone calls from Enhanced Recovery Co. for Stacy Carter.
I am getting so called bill collection phone calls for a Stacy Stacey Carter on my private land line phone from Enhanced Recovery Co (Bill) Idiot. "Please call [protected] we need to collect information regarding Stacy Carter. I AM NOT NOR HAVE I EVER BEEN STACY CARTER.They are phishing. The liar went on to state that Stacy needs to call the above number or log onto their website www.kerc.com (this site sells domain names). Supposed too give them #[protected]. I am on the national do not call list every year I guess this is their way of getting around that law and soliciting over the phone anyway. 2-3 calls every week. I have all your stupid lying messages you turds and so does my attorney. You will be sued.

• Da
    Dakiea979972 Jan 17, 2012

Same story. I get at least one call daily from this same number. The name of person whom they want to speak to is not audible enough to recognize whom the request is for, but it is not me. I wish this would stop

• Ka
    Katana May 04, 2012

I hired an attorney gave him all the recorded calls1 years worth totaling 103 calls. Proof I am on the do not call list. My recording of telling them NOT to call anymore they have the wrong person, and the cease and desist letter that was sent certified mail. Its worth the $2500.00 to drag your nasty ### into court soon and I will get my money and a lot more back for the undeserved harassment you have done. Oh and I shut off the answering machine so you ### cant leave anymore messages. I now have caller ID which you will end up paying for. If I don't recognize a name or number calling then the phone wont get answered. You stupid pigs.

• Gr
    Grannypip May 13, 2012

I just got my first call from this company on my answer machine. I am not going to call them back. Does anyone know how to report them??? I have and have never had any debts!!!

• Ai
    Airforceveteran Jul 13, 2012

I too agree with your complaints. They purposely mumble the persons' name so you can't ask for it when you call back. Their website is a place where you can purchase public domain websites. I am so mad at these people. I get a call everyday from these people asking for a Gena Servercy (I guess that is the last name, since they mumble the last part.) And they want me to talk to a Bob. How convenient that they don't leave a last name or a extension to call this imaginary Bob. All i know about Bob is that it means "Bring your own Beer" or "Beverage". Does anything happen with these complaints, or is this just a sounding off board. Well, its Friday the 13th! Good day to sound off, where are the black cats or the ladder I am suppose to walk under? They day is not over yet, but I better stay inside now, I don't want something to happen to me...I am now cursed until 12:01 A.M. Where is the Twilight Zone theme music...
    Oh, here it is...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5aW08ivHU
    Help Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...
    A concerned citizen who dislikes Collection Agencies

• Nc
    nchd Nov 15, 2012

Same here. I've been getting calls for a Dolores Garcia in which they say they are calling to collect a debt. I've told them for the last 4+ years that on one by the name of Dolores Garcia works here and has not worked here in the last 39 years. I know this because I've been w/this company for 39 years. I'm sick and tired of telling them the same story over and over. I guess my answers go to deaf ears. One thing for sure, I'm not paying Dolores Garcia's debts...thank you. So go figure you ###s.

• Bi
    Bilmar Dec 15, 2012

I got a call to, will not call back. Didn't leave a message. I also am on the do not call list, however we moved a few months ago and the person prior having this number must be in deep **** with every bill collector everywhere. The phone companies have to do more on their part, they should not re distribute numbers so quickly, wait at least 6 months so these callers can get a disconnected voice message.
    I have found a way to control these calls and now rarely get bothered. I downloaded a program called phone tray and it has been the best investment ever. Put the number in, block and they cannot get past one ring and it goes directly into blocked. Low cost and very easy to use.
    Peace at last.. www.phonetray.com

Resolved moral bankrupty company

i recently was an employee at Enhanced Recovery Company, however this company was formaly known as Enhanced...

Resolved fraud

When they called me, they asked for my name. Then, asked for my address. Incorrect. Then last for my last digits of my SS#. incorrect. "Then what is it?" of course I didn't tell then. Asked for my birthda. Incorrect. "Then what is it??

They have the nevous to ask me my SS#, Birthday & address!!! This is a scam!!! They told me that I owe $---- amount for a "so & so" credit card which was never opened. Just on my credit report - a . All is good & no just Credit card that they mentioned West Asset Management took a look at my report. West Assest Management has something to do with Enhanced Recovery Company - maybe a parent company. Beware!!!

• Je
    jennjay Apr 27, 2011

This company is a scam. A "supposed" associate from erc called my house and when my 13 yr old son stated i wasnt at home she asked him for my cell phone # never informing him of who she was. She called my cell phone and wouldnt let me off the phone until i agreed i would pay 25 dollars a month for a debt that yes i did owe for JCPenny over 8 yrs ago. As i was driving home from work i couldnt jot down important info that she was supposed to be giving me. She stated that she would call me right back and leave the info on my vmail. She never called back after giving her my checking acct #. I called back the next day and spoke to another rep. who stated they couldnt find any accts for me. They asked my address, ss#, dob, name and telephone #.. I dont know who it was that called me but i have since had to pay my bank to put a "stop check" from any checks that appear with either name of ERC or Enhanced Recovery Company.I will have to keep a close eye on my checking acct now and may even need to close out my bank acct and open up a new one!

• En
    Enough of this crap May 12, 2011

These people keep calling my home phone number asking for someone I don't know. They leave the messages on my voicemail. I never call them back, they can just waste their time and money. To Jennjay never ever give out your personal or banking info to these people. If I were you I would close your banking account and get a new one. Also that debt may be past the statutes of limitations and you must may have reset it by agreeing to make payments.

• Ka
    Katana Nov 01, 2011

These ### think they have found a way around the do not call list we are all on. I will not stop until I get them. THEY ARE PHISHING. It is illegal.

Resolved Calling for someone we do not know

This company has called my home two or three times a week for three years now, asking for a Laura Cordaw (which by the way we have no clue who that is). Most of the time it is a recording but a handful of times it has been a live person. I have asked them please do not call here, or I do not know this person or when prompted by a recording press the numbers that ask them not to call, we do not know the person. I have made a complaint to the Do Not Call Registry. I am at my wits end with this matter I would love to be able to wake up one Saturday morning with my family and not be interrupted by one of these harassing calls.

Resolved NOT TRYING TO CONTACT BEFORE LISTING ME ON CREDIT REPORTING AGENCIES

i TALKED TO THIS COMPANY IN aUGUST JULY, AUGUST & SEPTEMBER, THEY ASSURED ME WITH MY SOCIAL THEY HAD NOTHING ON RECORD FOR ME. NO ACCOUNTS IN THEIR OFFICE WITH MY NAME OR SOCIAL, NOW IN OCTOBER ITHEY REPORTED ME TO THE 3 CREDIT AGENCIES WITH A 800+ ACCOUNT, THIS COULD OF BEEN PAID EARLIER, NOW THEY HAVE ME LISTED AND MY POINTS DROPPED BY 17 POINTS. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THIS OFF MY RECORD. I SHOULD AT LEAST HAVE A CHANCE TO WORK THIS OUT AND PAY IT BEFORE IT WAS PUT ON MY CREDIT. BY ME CALLING THEM THEY MUST OF FOUND SOMETHING OLD FROM MY PAST AND NOW THEY ARE TRYING TO COLLECT WHICH I DO NOT MIND IT IS THE WAY THEY ARE DOING IT!THROWING ON MY CREDIT WITHOUT NOTIFACATION.

Resolved possible id theft

these people called me everyday all times of the day leaving me messages that i couldn't even understand, saying it was a limited time offer. thinking it was just someone selling something i just ignored them, until they called me at work. they said i took out a loan for $8000. on line and wanted me to verify my ssn# witch i didn't, he got mad and read me my rights over the phone and told me i would be arrested for wire fraud, check fraud and bank fraud if i did not pay it back. i checked my credit report and there was nothing on it about it, but found it interesting that back in june they had checked my credit rating. i did not take out any kind of loan, and certainly would not take one out online. this is all a scam and they are not getting one red cent. i called my local police department along with the state police, the FBI and just sent a complant with the BBB.

Sanford J Richterman Apr 17, 2008

I have received 4 telephone calls on my cell phone from ERC and I am not the person they want and I do not know the person they want.

Billing me for some where I never lived!

Resolved Calling for ex-wife

I just hung up the phone from ERC, who called asked for my husbands ex-wife, when I asked them to identify themselves they would not do it. I asked them how they got our information when looking for her. I went ahead and gave them her home address, phone numbers and asked them to please remove us from their data base. I was pretty annoyed with the fact that they could somehow get our personal information on this woman, yet not give me any information when I asked. How would they not know her information yet locate the ex-husbands information?

Took Money from my account

This company has made a duplicate withdrawal from my bank account and is now asking me to jump through hoops to have it returned. I received a letter in my (legally separated) husbands and my name. As I have very good credit I did not want this to end up on my credit report although it is his bill. I called this company and paid a settlement in full with a check card. In balancing my checkbook I have discovered the payment was taken twice. I have attempted to contact the company and politely asked they reverse one of the charges. The very polite customer service rep talked over me to state it is "company policy" that I must submit via fax, proof from my bank that the duplicate charge was made. I politely explained to her my experience with accounting and collections helps me to know it should not be this much trouble. Lets see how fast they call me back.

Resolved Not my bill

I received a phone number on September 4th as I had moved into a new place. Since then I have received calls from ERC at all times of the day. Have explained that I am not the person they are looking for, then they say they will remove the number but in a couple of days there they are again.
This has been going on for five months now.
What are the options here? Besides reporting them to the Better Business Bureau.
Michelle

• Yo
    Yoli1 May 06, 2010

Get the name and address of the person you are speaking with and remind them in addition to their company being held liable for an FDCPA violation they can also be held personally liable.

Mary Polakowski Feb 05, 2017

I have a collection on my credit report. I did not have a account with AT T from 2011-2017. I don't know who it belongs to. It is not mine. Please fix this . remove it from my credit report.

Mary Polakowski