Enterprise Rent-A-Carenterprise rent-a-car complaints

P

My friend rented a car from this 'so-called' company on 12/16/10. She came to Vail to visit me and check on her rental properties; she was given a Dodge Avenger with 'all-terrain' tires to drive over Vail Pass! With the amount of snow and high winds we've had this year, that, in and of itself was irresponsible on Enterprise Rent-A-Car's part. She decided to extend her visit, therefore, exending her contract on her Am-Ex card, which Enterprise Leasing Company Of Denver, LLC, has on file . Her original contract was for $141.07 weekly until 12/30/10. Enterprise Rent-A-Car Complaints, as it should be called, extended her contract to $199.07 weekly without informing her or getting a signature.Later, another incompetent employee called to accuse her of trying to "steal" the car, obviously, not bothering to check for a new contract! She became ill and had to be hospitalized here in Vail. I called Enterprise Leasing Company Of Denver, LLC, on her behalf and had the pleasure of speaking to the worst excuse of a 'customer service representative' I think I've ever spoken to! She informed me, in a demeaning tone, that if the car was not returned to Denver (as they have an office in Avon, CO, which is about 10 miles away from my home) she would be charged $250! I tried to explain the gravity of the situation to this woman and was told, "I'll put you on the line with my manager, who will tell you the EXACT same thing I told you." THEN, not even bothering to put me on hold or, either too incompetent to operate a phone and/or press the hold button, she said, "Here Sarah (the manager on duty on 3/29/11), good luck with this one..." Needless to say I expressed my shock at her employee's un-called for, disgusting behavior and Sarah waived the $250.00 fee but that was it! Unexpected things happen to people and most reputable businesses are accomondating, especially when someone becomes ill.This company is NOT one of them! Enterprise Leasing Company Of Denver, LLC obviously chooses to take advantages of situations such as this to rob people! I WILL NEVER, EVER, use these thieves and recommend anyone that does double check their contract on a daily basis to avoid unauthorized charges to their credit card. I was totally disgusted in their lack of empathy and disrespect. Appauling LOSERS!!!

RESOLVED

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jul 08, 2010

We'd like to apologize for the frustration you experienced at our Bellingham, WA location, and we'd like to address the issue with the branch. Please email care [at] enterprise [dot] com with complete details, including exact rental location, rental agreement (RA) number, and names of representatives you spoke to (if possible).

Please include reference number [protected] in the subject line of your email.

Sincerely,

Kevin from Enterprise Rent a Car

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jul 15, 2011

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We regret that you had this experience with us. We take customer service very seriously and we would like to have the opportunity to look into this further for you. Please send us a detailed email, including your contact information, the exact rental location information, rental agreement number/”DX” damage claim number and any further information to care[at]enterprise.com.

When emailing please list reference [protected] in the subject line. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Genelle
    Enterprise Rent A Car

• Lo
    Lou from Georgia Jul 15, 2011

Our own car was in the body shop and the body shop referred us to Enterprise Rent-A-Car located at 11572 in Roswell to rent a car. We rented a black Buick Lucerne with over 60K miles and the associate Katie was washing it while we were inspecting it. We denoted at least 5 different points of damage of which the rear bumper was not included. It did not look bad with water on it. We used a credit card which would provide liability and damage insurance so we chose to waive those extra insurance fees. Nine days later we returned the car and the associate Tyler noticed some light colored scratch marks on the rear bumper on the right side. These scratch marks were not able to be felt but with the sun on it you could see them. The marks looked like an orbital polisher was used a little too hard on the right corner of this rear bumper. Tyler got the branch manager Patrick and they inspected it. Patrick said that they would have to file a report and process a claim for repair. I asked them to take the car back to the washing station and pour water over the bumper in the affected area, and I bet you cannot see the light marks. Tyler drove the car over, placed water on the rear bumper and sure enough, it looked like the marks were gone. Patrick would not accept this prove that the marks were already there when we rented the car, so he said he is filing a claim and charging our credit card $500. I took pictures of the rear bumper dry and wet and sent them to the CEO of the company in email. The Area manager called me but essentially tried to tell me that his employees are trained to find this damage and that it had to have happened when I had the car. I showed the pictures to the body shop that repaired our car and they said they would repair it for free. I went to the Enterprise branch and told them that but they said they have their own body shop repair place and the car was there already. I later spoke with the Damage Repair Unit and they sent me a bill for an additonal $713.12 on top of my $500. The bill contained the detailed body shop repair entries. They were charging me for those other spots on the car that needed repaired as well. They even put in a $100 admin fee, $170 loss of use, and $85 deminished value. Of course I called up the DRU and explained that they are charging me for other repairs on the car. They said they would correct that bill and send me an updated bill. I have not received that updated bill yet. When I called the DRU about the bill, I also mentioned that it said there was a dent. I said I don't know of any dent. The DRU person sent me the photo of the bumper and low and behold, someone used some metal device with a pattern in it to imprint that pattern on the top right of the rear bumper. That was not there before and can only be a fraudulent act by one of their folks to cause more damage to that bumper than there was, so no one would question it that it would need to be repaired. I sent an email to the DRU and risk management stating that this is mallicious fraud, and that this branch should be investigated by their corporate security group. They were going to get the charges down to where they were going to refund me over $200 out of my $500, but after they read that letter, they held up the check. I also requested that they drop this claim. I have not heard from them since they read the email. Bottom line is to stay away from that enterprise rent-a-car at 11572 Alpharetta Hwy, in Roswell, GA.

• Xa
    Xandor Tik'Roth Aug 09, 2010

A few things that you may wish to consider:

1: If you're going to book a reservation, do it ahead of time by calling their 800 number. This will prevent you from paying the walk in rates.

2: When you book a reservation over the phone like that, make sure to have the associate send you an email confirmation of your reservation. When in doubt, print it out and bring it in.

3: If neither of those options appeal to you, go to another Enterprise office. The branches are more or less given free reign to do pretty much whatever they please, so if you don't like the service of one Enterprise branch, chances are there's another one a little further away that would suit your needs a lot better.

4: Also, I would highly advise contacting the 800 number and requesting to speak to a supervisor. They can get a complaint filed with corporate, and things can get done from there.

• 04
    0419 Jul 05, 2010

Enterprise did not do business honestly when they over-charged me for an additional auto insurance package ($538.56), which was unnecessary as I already have it in my own auto insurance policy. It was also fraudulent that they promised me that the rental price included taxes, but they did not. There is $155.36 not yet refunded back to my checking account.

• Do
    Donsone Jul 05, 2010

Last month I rented a car from Enterprise in Bellingham, WA. I have rented many cars from Enterprise and am generally pleased with them. However, this time I found that the customer service I experienced was egregious. The big problem was that they tried to sell me on the optional insurance too aggressively. They tried to sell me on the insurance by lying to me and saying that if I did not purchase the insurance, then driving the car would be illegal. If I were pulled over by the police then I would not have insurance and would be liable to be thrown in jail, they said. This was absolutely not true. The contract that I signed with them provided that even without any additional insurance payments, Enterprise would provide all third party liability insurance as required by law in the states and provinces in which I was authorized to drive.

A more minor issue is that when I went to return the vehcile, even though I had opted to decline this insurance coverage and had initialled as such on my rental form, they had marked in their computer that was accepting the coverage and so when I went to return the car I was told that I was being charged significantly more than the agreed-upon price. I suspect that this was an intentional tactic to get me to pay more if I had been in a hurry and hadn't noticed that I was being charged for a service that I hadn't used.

I've only had these issues at this one location of Enterprise, never at any other.

• Ga
    gary123 Mar 22, 2010

Dont go near promotor services they will try to rip you off. There website is even labelled as untrustworthy in Web of Trust.

• Yv
    YVONNE Aug 07, 2009

If you want a real dishonest company ... order flowers from Bloomex.ca and see how they get you ... They actually charge the customer to pick up the dead flowers they send you ... they don't give you a total on your bill until you give them your credit card because the price goes up after they get your credit card # they say its additional taxes lol ... check them out on this site ... alone .. yowza ... today honesty is not easy to find, much like good service its gone out the window ...

anonyMiss Aug 07, 2009

Well, I am sorry but I could barely understand you.

Now, you did upgrade to a bigger car, probably signed the contract, so you are very lucky if they plan to refund that amount to you.

Also, I would take up the matter with the dealership and ask if they can help straighten out the matter of dropping off at their facility. It sounds like you were misinformed. Most locations cannot accept another location as a drop-off point. And they will pick you up/drop you off even, based upon availability.

So again, confirm with the dealership that they are an official drop-off location for Enterprise. If not, you were definately misinformed by someone who just sees Enterprise employees there for whatever reason. (Maybe they use cars from that dealership, if so they would be an official location for Enterprise, but their contract might be expired and Enterprise just has vehicle under warrenty still.)

• Ag
    agrieved Jul 02, 2009

Enterprise also tried this "additional coverage" scam with me also. One clerk even threatened that I would be "charged anyway" for it when I returned the car. Most folks are too uninformed to detect their fraud.
    Could the auto insurance companies lauch a public information campaign to educate their customers?
    In meantime, avoid Enterprise Rent-a-Fraud!

• Po
    Polly Jul 02, 2009

I had to rent a small car because my car had a check engine light come up. i took it to the nissan dealership who recommended using enterprise rent a car because they 'worked with them all of the time" and they could bring over or drop off. enterprise advertises we will pick you up free. well i made a reservation using their website, which was erroneous and when i went to pick up the car, they wanted to give me a big car. i needed a car very bad so took the big car, expecting it to be at the lower rate of the small car, which was the size i needed. at the end enterprise charged me a big car rate and also wanted to charge me for drop off at the car dealer, even though i had been told that drop off happens all of the time because the enterprise people are there all of the time. i think they need to be a little more up front about what they do. i had a lot of trouble with this company and the home office promises to straighten it out and then never does. they let you duke it out with local agency. The home office isin the phillippines, where i dont think they understand us very well.

• Ta
    Taylor May 12, 2009

I had to rent a car from enterprise rent a car and was told to buy "additional" insurance because I would be responsible for any damage done to the car whether or not it was my fault. The "manager trainee" also told me by taking out this insurance and if something happened to the car, my insurance company would not be notified and I would be in the free and clear. It is an extra $13.99 a day for this "coverage'. So I called my insurance company and they told me it was a scam, that all I had to do was request a"loss of use" provision on my policy for the time I was using the rental and anything type of scratch or accident would be covered - and that what enterprise told me is false. By law they have to notify your insurance company and you have to notify the dmv like any other accident. Lesson learned: do not take this so-called insurance out.. It is just another way to get money out of you... Isn't there any good hearted and truthful companies anymore? What ever happened to quality customer service? I will never rent from enterprise again knowing they are just out to fleece the public!

• Em
    Emilia Mar 09, 2009

Every time I use this office I get the worst service. The branch Manager John Busam is a smart mouthed jerk. He trys to get on your nerves pretending to be nice at the same time as asking smart a** questions trying to put you down. The cars do not drive good at all and you have to watch their rates!! They will raise them on you and try to cheat you, so always remember your reservation price!!