Enterprise / rental car

I rented a car from Enterpise recently because my vehicle was hit in a parking lot. I noticed the truck was not in great shape (scratches, funny odor on inside, lots of stains), but I was in a hurry and accepted the truck. The person that checked me out did not do a "walk around" and had me sign the agreement on an iPad. He did not email me the agreement. When my vehicle was ready, I went to the shop to pick it up. I had to be at a conference two hours away and Enterprise instructed the auto shop for me to leave he vehicle there. Several hours later, I got a voicemail saying they had questions about the truck. I called them back and they said there was a dent in the truck and they had already taken it in for repairs. First of all, I did not dent the truck. The truck was fine when I left it at the auto shop. I called the auto shop and asked them if they had noticed damage and they said they had not. The manager said I would get a letter in the mail where I could disputed the claim. I feel I am getting caught up in a scam. I will be informing my insurance company and retaining legal counsel if necessary.

• Enterprise Holdings Customer Care's Response, Aug 13, 2019

Heather Watson, we appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences. I assure you that it's never our intention to inconvenience our customers. We would like to speak with you further. Please email [protected]@Enterprise.com with your contact information, exact rental office location, rental contract information and the details above so we can address this. Thank you. – Carol H.

He
Jul 24, 2019

Comments

• Mj
      Jul 25, 2019

I booked a rental for a court date (divorce and visitation). I was denied a rental because I didn't have enough to verify my identity.

This time, they said I needed...

Driver's License (check)
    Credit card (check)
    Utility bill (went online and downloaded three)
    Pay stub (on disability)
    Cell phone bill in my name (it's paid by my ex)
    2nd utility bill (all is covered in my rent except electric)

The clencher is... Last month, I rented a car from the same location, with the same DL and credit card and purchased their insurance coverage. No problem.

Enterprise is costing me my "day in court" because they didn't disclose that they were going to arbitrarily make it IMPOSSIBLE for me to get there. I couldn't get an Uber because of distance (I live two hours away from my ex and the courthouse is in Chicago) and Lyft wants two credit cards.