Enigma Software Group Spyhunterspyhunter

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• Al
    Aldino Apr 02, 2014

I had an issue with nationzoom virus. I have been fighting it for the last 2 days using Norton 365, then virus, and I also tried to clean it manually from the regedit, however, that all did not work. However, I tried Spy hunter toady and it worked for me right the way.

The prices is 29 USD however, they charge for another product to clean you register, however, if you do not want that you unchecked that option. Also before you check out, there is calculator that you can click on it and will tell you total, again if you just want to pay the 29, then unchecked the other product.
    However, with all the complain I saw in this site, I still went I bought the product and I am happy that I have done so.
    I am not working for Engima, and never get to know them before today. I just bough the product today from them.

• Ge
    Geemee Mar 12, 2014

I uninstalled Spyhunter but Enigma software group from Spyhunter kept popping up at bootup to do it's thing.
    The cure I found was to download Autoruns for Windows v11.70 and installed it. As I opened Autorun I selected
    Boot Execute and Deleted sh4native and now boot up is back to normal.
    I search on the internet and found no cure, maybe now folks can find this one and soon maybe even more better ways
    will be added.

anders wetterholm Feb 23, 2014

I totally agree1 Enigma is a fraud company.

aw

• OMGmom Feb 21, 2014

BUYER BEWARE! SpyHunter is Scareware/Scamware! Once you get it, you CANNOT UNINSTALL IT! Even if you go to Programs from Control Panel, you can't get it off your computer - it will just delete the name from the programs list.

Even if you tell it not to scan at startup, it will put itself back to scanning on startup!

And, after declining to renew (after 6 short months), it infected my computer with the exact same thing I originally bought it to get rid of in he first place - even though I have not downloaded any new programs (which is how I got the original malware the first time.)

Just to show you what type of jerks this company employs: I saw in a previous comment (on this page) how a representative from SpyHunter scamware, actually posted a customer's last name - even though the complaining customer used a user ID, instead of his own name! Upstanding companies don't put their customers' names on a public forum, even if the customer is complaining!

Scammers! Thieves! BUYER BEWARE OF SCAMWARE, SCAREWARE, SpyHunter, and everything to do with "Enigma" (guess the name should have tipped us all off!)

Jimmynariz Oct 28, 2013

I purchased spyhunter on October 23. I have spent a week trying to get it downloaded and am getting nowhere. Every time I go to their site I get a message that my user name and password are invalid. When I called the number given on their site I was refered to another number { their technical support} I get a machine that tells me they are all busy and if I leave my phone number and my E-mail address someone will contact me.I have yet to hear from anyone.I am 66 years old, with only a $573.00 a month income from social security. I cannot afford to be ripped off like this. My E-mail is [email protected] I thank you for this forum.

jimmytorz Aug 14, 2013

COMPLAIN to US ATTORNEY GENERAL AND YOUR STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL! THIS IS A FRAUD!

jimmytorz Aug 14, 2013

By the way, WHY THE F*** are you not on CNET? You have one comment: ONE star! The commenter wished he could have given you ZERO stars! Alec Malaspina! FAKE NAME...=ALEC WITH A BROKEN SPINE! MOTHER F****** CROOKS! So here's your last chance! RUN!

jimmytorz Aug 14, 2013

Enigma Software Group are thieves and liars! SpyHunter4 IS A FAKE! THEY ONLY WANT TO TRICK YOU INTO SUBSCRIBING FOR $80 a YEAR RECURRING PAYMENTS! EVEN IF YOU OPT OUT, THEY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER CATASTROPHICALLY! WORSE THAN EVER! THESE GUYS ARE CRIMINALS!

• Je
    Jenn Clark Jul 30, 2013

I am having the same problems as others it seems. Wish I'd checked this site before buying last night. I expected to be charged around £39.00 only to find after pressing confirm I am being charged £79.00. I blamed myself thinking I must have somehow 'double ordered'. Repeated emails since are not being answered and I am now becoming increasingly anxious about the situation. Think a phone call to my bank is in order tomorrow!

• We have provided a full refund, as requested, to the user by the username of "colliers".

After receiving a BBB complaint, in good faith, I contacted Colliers (Mr. Forchilli). Colliers says in his BBB complaint: "At the time of purchase no working software is delivered, inquiries to their tech support not responded to and there is no agreement of subscription".

Colliers' statement "They are supposedly refunding me for the software I didn't order, although they don't offer any explanation as to why it was charged for it in the first place" is false and deceptive.

I stand by my previous statement "At Enigma Software Group, we work hard to maintain the best level of service and make sure that every customer becomes a satisfied customer" and have written documentation to prove my words.

• Co
    colliers Jul 12, 2013

I contacted Enigma about overbilling for the SpyHunter product, unauthorized enrollment in automatic renewals, and charges for RegHunter software that I didn't even order. They are supposedly refunding me for the software I didn't order, although they don't offer any explanation as to why it was charged for it in the first place. It's no wonder there are so many complaints against them. Here is their "sincere" apology where they seemingly blame me for all of this:

Just to clarify the renewal policy, when you purchased SpyHunter, you purchased a subscription which was disclosed several times before and after the purchase. If you look at the SpyHunter's purchase page (https://www.enigmasoftware.com/purchase_spyhunter.php), in the receipt of purchase (received from the email address [email protected]), under our EULA or during the installation (in the agreement that you must agree in order to install SpyHunter), you will notice that we disclose that you are purchasing a subscription.

Therefore, I sincerely apologize for the fact that you did not understand what you were purchasing or were not able to see the terms of purchase even though it was displayed to you several times. Although, as stated above, we will refund the charges as requested.

Regards,

Alec Malaspina
    VP, Technical Support, Research & QA
    ENIGMA SOFTWARE GROUP USA, LLC
    EMAIL: [email protected]
    URL: http://www.enigmasoftware.com

• Co
    colliers Jul 12, 2013

I purchased SpyHunter to remove the Interpol virus from my computer thru SafeCart. The checkout screen said that the software cost $29.99. There was a total of $29.99 at the bottom of the screen. When I received the email receipt, it was for $69.98. They had charged me $39.99 for SpyHunter instead of the stated $29.99 and added and additional $29.99 for RegHunter which I did not order. On top of that, the receipt stated that I was enrolled in automatic renewals. I have contacted Enigma and SafeCart and made complaints through the BBB. So far nothing from Enigma. SafeCart says that they are going to remove the $29.99 within 15 days. No help with the extra $10 that I was charged for SpyHunter. SafeCart says that the RegHunter must have been listed below the order screen?????!!!

• Ev
    evie123 May 30, 2013

Evie123
    I downloaded SpyHunter and am unable to gret it off my computer. It comes on everytime at start up. regedit cannot find it and it just appears every time at start up. It is so annoying I just cannot get rid of it. I looked int the settings and it had checked to run the software at start up and also to look for spyware. I unchecked these and still it wont come off my computer. I have an anti-virus programme and itdoes not help remove it so far. It is not seen in my control panel area or on the left hand side in the list of programmes on my computer when you press start. This happenedd 22/5/13

Angela1031 Apr 28, 2012

TOTALLY AGREE...this software nearly wiped my hard drive...cannot get support/answers from them. Sent a registered letter last week, no return yet. Disputing charges through my bank starting tomorrow. It is as if they (Enigma) are invisible...no phone number to be found. E-mails and 'open tickets' left unanswered. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS. This all happened 04/21/12...

• Ra
    Raul Reyes Jan 03, 2011

I bought spyhunter 4 and have been infected 54, 34, 35, 26 times each and every hour. I sent what is called a ticket, I call it a complaint that a yellow warning from my windows security center and the tech's reply was: don't worry you are protected. I have found it necessary to disconnect from my online connection in order to feel protected. I want my money back now!!! ----Raul Reyes---email [email protected]

• Se
    SeattleTW Dec 07, 2010

Enigma SpyHunter tried to steal from me the other day. I downloaded their software and when I hit "register" it told me I was being charged only $39.95, but when I hit "confirm, " it charged me $69.95, a classic "bait and switch" scheme. I called their help desk and demanded the representative to reverse my charges. He tried lamely to explain that I was being charged a separate registration fee, but it was not clear at all from their advertisement. He then said he would not charge me for that additional fee. Why would I want to do business with anyone who tried to trick me???? Enigma's false and deceptive advertising violates several consumer protection laws in many states. Beware of SpyHunter and its parent, Enigma!

• Ro
    ronald penland Dec 12, 2016

@SeattleTW What h3elp desk?? Where did you get a phone number?

• In
    India Villarreal Feb 03, 2010

I keep seeing the same complaints. >:|

If you feel like you've been wronged by Spyhunter/Enigma Software Group, please shoot me an email:

[email protected]