Enigma Software Group Spyhunterspyhunter

Hello India Vilarreal,

I am the Vice President of Technical Support and Research at Enigma Software Group. I read the post above and I would like to let you know that we have an email specifically for complaints. You or anyone can submit a complaint and I can assure you that we will find a suitable solution for any problem that is related to SpyHunter or to our service.

If you have any questions or complaints, please send us an email to [protected]@enigmasoftware.com. I personally read all emails from that account.

At Enigma Software Group, we work hard to maintain the best level of service and make sure that every customer becomes a satisfied customer.

Regards,

Alec Malaspina
Enigma Software Group USA, LLC.

Matthew Davisk Jan 21, 2019

There are better and cheaper options out there. Even some well-known free antivirus are far better than this scamware. $80 for a year? Really?

Mary Z. Turner Feb 02, 2017

An appalling piece of garbage.
    1. It doesn't work. In a test performed by AV-Lab on a set of 1000 trojans, viruses, backdoors, worms, keyloggers and other malware, Spyhunter detected only ONE. Yes, one! Panda found 996, Kaspersky 990, Norton 948. See here: https://avlab.pl/sites/default/files/files/free_antivirus_scanner_test_ENG.pdf
    2. Enigma Software is hiding. According to their webpage their address is 2803 Gulf to Bay Blvd., Suite #446, Clearwater, FL 33759. That is a UPS store. Their are hiding behind a box. And of course there is no phone number on their webpage.
    3. They will scam your credit card. Mastercard or Visa should investigate them.
    Please download free Avast or AVG or Malwarebytes or Microsoft Defender.

• Ha
    hawkeni Jan 05, 2017

What VISA rules are: “Preauthorized Transfers:A "preauthorized transfer" is one of a series of recurring electronic fund transfers at substantially regular intervals.53 A preauthorized transfer cannot be made from your account at a financial institution unless (a) you have given advance authorization in writing, and (b) a copy of your written preauthorization has been given to you by the party obtaining it”
    so i purchased SPYHUNTER for 10 USD, and preauthorization enigmasoftware kept withdrawn every 6 month for 39.99 USD twice, this is done without my any means of approve. sure the Spyhunter even didn’t work and installed at all many emails returned useless so i erased and gasped 10 USD. But later on noticed that ( from spam emails) enigmasoftware was hacking my account without my approve or my ok. Perhaps used my 3 digit secure cod, violating VISA CARD rules. now they use excuse my language barrier, assume that i am not native Eng speaker, so they can get away with their scamming and fraudulent activity. Never ever i have given auto recharging authority or auto renewal approve. Autorenewal is optional but they make it OBLIGATORY.so never ever purchase SPYHUNTER, useless s###. Certainly I will file case to court for international fraudulent actin and using my account any authorization. They better provide proof of my written signed authorization.Period.

Any Smith Dec 20, 2016

I got the free trial version of spyhunter and I started the scan. It took very long to complete and when it completed I found out that it doesnt remove virus UNTIL we pay for it. personally I think its a bit too much, theyre are many antivirus software that atleast have proper product trials. I was still ready to buy spy hunter 4 because theyre were SO many viruses I was dying to remove but I couldnt, they were all detected by spy hunter. A little while later, I obviously had to run a scan on my computer, so I used microsoft security essentials, and it only detected ONE virus, and that was spy hunter. So now I am confused and afraid... is spy hunter really an antivirus program? Or does it make viruses and then remove them?! I wouldve tested it myself but its paid so I think Im going to find a better alternative...

• St
    Steven Steinback Dec 19, 2016

Junk ware Spyhunter needs to be removed from every website that support a healthy computer through user friendly utilities. After installing the software it said problem found. Interesting that it was a fresh sandbox install. I would never recommend this software to anybody!

• Sh
    Shirley Robinson Dec 07, 2016

i cancel spyhunter serval months ago and no refund on the 5th was charged again please cancel shirley robinson

chas62 Jul 14, 2016

I search online for a free ransomware removal tool found spyhunter. I read like it was free so I dnlded it and ran it. After finding items to remove, it did not remove them. Instead it wanted me to pay for the removal by a subscription.

WTH...They advertise FREE then want to charge you, I would not trust this company they mislead you.

Any Smith Dec 20, 2016

@chas62 I fell in the SAME trap

Johnson Speciale Jun 28, 2016

want to see their "VP" check it out

this POS has d-bag written all over him

THESE PEOPLE ARE LIARS, AND THIEVES!!!

do NOT use their shut product. THEY are the ones creating, and spreading a lot of the virii, and malware you're trying to get rid of!!! believe me or not, doesn't matter...they're low, ###, and they will be found out soon enough.

Chris Harvey carter Jun 28, 2016

2 amounts of £23.99 & £31.19 were takeout of my Nationwide a/c on the 28th May 2016 for dri spyhunter.Transaction no [protected]. I do not have the software or even the computer as I retired and closed the business 18 months ago. We did purchase software about 3 years ago but this was cancelled before the six months
    A response to another complaint states 7 days notice is given before the charges were due. I had not received this to my email address.
    I require a cancellation and refund .

• Di
    Diana Ventaloro Apr 01, 2016

I have attempted to uninstall Spy Hunter and I found it impossible, this was not what I bargained for ! I wound appreciate any help taking this program in whole out of my laptop.

• Na
    Nadinie Mar 29, 2016

II found DRI
    *S

I found charges for DRI*SPYHUNTER -Minnetonka, MN on my 2015 charges printout while preparing my 2015 taxes. I did not order this software. i do not want it. Please cancel it. Please remove my name from any mailing list you may have. Return the charges posted on 06/03/2015 for $ 39.99 and on 12/02/2015 for $39.99.
    Additionally, this complaint procedure has been a complete exercise in frustration - taking at least 1 1/2 hours and asking for information over and over again.
    What a disagreeable way to do business.
    Nadine Abboitt

PY
    HuNTER

• Na
    Nadinie Mar 29, 2016

I just found charges from the above on my charge printout for 2015, while doing my 2015 tax preparation.
    I do not recall ever agreeing to this software. I do not need it. I do not want it.
    Please cancel immediately and refund the $39.99 charged on 6/02/15 and $39.99 charged on 12/02/15.
    What a disagreeable way to do business.
    Sincerely,
    Nadine Abbott
    [email protected]

• Ne
    nevdevster Mar 19, 2016

i purchased Spyhunter 4, 0 online a month ago, due to a heinous Adware/Popup/DNS Hijacker completely freezing up Win 10.0Laptop. It found & removed 47 Threats on my sayso. Problen is, it seems to find the SAME threats on every new Bootup? It seems there is a Residual Adware bug still on board regenerating itself?
    Anyone having similar symptoms?

• Ba
    Bahadir Kahraman Mar 02, 2016

Enigma extends periods without asking me by charging my credit card. Yes i bought 6 month service as i need it for 6 months not more! i sold my laptop so someone and now you are trying to get money from me. I dont want extensions! how can you extend service periods without ever asking me and how can you draw money from my credit card without permission? What is this scam?

sander jonge Feb 25, 2016

#fu.ckoff spyhunter

• Is
    Isel Arriagada Dec 17, 2015

Your Spy Hunter 4 appeared in my computer unwanted and unsolicited.
    How can I get rid of it: It is making my life impossible.
    I hope you can help me!

• El
    Elijahhall Nov 27, 2015

So on November 27, 2015, I tried this software to get rid of certain viruses and honestly I am not happy with how it works. I would like a refund because I have already found a software that works much faster and more efficiently than this one. So I would like a refund on this purchase.

JAM AKHLAQ G Sep 18, 2015

this is amazing and very helpful for new users. i am realy thankful. /a>

• Cj
    CJessie Sep 07, 2015

I too am in the computer support business for the Federal Government, with over 20 years. I have tried many software's, Spy hunter is the best out there.

• Se
    Semoore Jun 27, 2015

Oct. 20, 2014 my spyhunter expired, i informed enigma group that i was not going to re up, and they sent me an e - mail
    Stating they would make me pay. The next day while using my computer it made a very loud pop and shutdown. I restarted to find my hard was deleted. After reinstalling win 7 the same day they wiped both of my usb external drives with over 4, 000, 000 files, programs, digital photo's. Six times they wiped my hard drive on my tower. Both of my laptops was deleted more times than i can remember. On [protected] i fired up my tower for the first time in over six months, and as usual they were waiting for me, and infecting my computer. They have total control admin. Rights. Aswmbr finds them but, they won't let me delete them. I have tried everything i know to do. Crooks! They need to be chased all over florida until their ankle smokes.
    Why does the government let them get away with this? Why does the people let them get away with this?
    They live inside of my computers memory, as soon as i turn on they start infecting and taking control. They can see everything i am doing and stops me from doing it. They must be stopped at any cost.
    I am using someone's computer other wise i wouldn't be writing today.
    When i pay the $40. 00 they will release my computer. . . I'll not pay them jack.
    Good - bye

• Fr
    Fram60 Jun 23, 2015

Remember to run about three scans, until there is zero spy/malware left.

• Ru
    Ruchhenbung Jun 22, 2015

Just installed and purchased spyhunter. I'd problems with computer getting too sloww and worse infected by W32.Korron.B. Let's see how the spyhunter works !

• Fr
    Fram60 Jun 15, 2015

I initially bought SpyHunter at the recommendation of a friend who is a software programmer. I had trouble uninstalling SpyHunter.after my six-month subscription expired (I received plenty of notice that my subscription would continue another six months unless I chose to stop it, which I did with no problems) . I kept getting an 'error code 14' message when trying to uninstall so Enigma technical support remote-accessed my computer and uninstalled it for me. They were very professional and concerned that I was a happy customer. I ended up purchasing a different anti-malware/anti-spyware program because it was ranked in the top 10. Enigma does not submit their software for comparison reviews, so it wasn't on the list. I told them they should submit their product Anyway, any problems with SpyHunter/Enigma just call their support phone number or access online chat to solve it.

• Ka
    kaufman dina Jun 08, 2015

I want to cancel my subscription and there is no valid email to do it.
    What can I do????
    Dina Kaufman

• Er
    ernestojc May 19, 2015

I paid and installed Enigma software but don't think it's a good anti-virus or anti-malware, so I uninstalled it! Then the bill of $39.99 and $29.99! They said they sent e-mail informing me of automatic renewal but I just received the bill from Mastercard, and when I called MasterCard to challenge the bill, they said I have to get in touch of Enigma! soooo many problems with this suspect company!!! BEWARE OF ENIGMA SPY HUNTER! $70 just like that! How much can they collect legally by their tricks!
    Ernesto D Chaluangco

• 2m
    2muchbs May 19, 2015

I downloaded Spy Hunter a month ago to try to get rid of some malware that nothing else could clean, and I had no problems with the download, I found that their website made it VERY clear that it costs $39 or six months and that it would be automatically renewed. I don't particularly like how long it takes to scan, but I have found that since I installed it, my other antivirus (Norton 360). Antimalware (Malwarebytes) and second opinion software (Hitman Pro), all of which I pay for, are finding less problems, so I have to think that SpyHunter must be doing something! I also found that it's pretty easy to eliminate the scan at startup by simply modifying the settings, so now I can scan when I want to. Even with the scan at startup, I didn't find that it slowed my computer, and all I had to do to get the splash screen out of the way was to minimize it. My opinion is that one generally gets what one pays for in all aspects of life, and at 66 years old, I have had plenty of time to assess this point of view and have not had many instances in which it turned out not to be valid. I also am appalled that so many people seem to be virtually illiterate since they don't seem to be able to grasp what SpyHunter's website makes very clear, to wit, THIS IS NOT FREEWARE. Also, unless all these people that are complaining are sending checks or cash, in the event you want to cancel your SpyHunter subscription when it's renewal time and you have an issue, all you have to do is contact the issuer of the credit or debit card you gave them when you originally purchased the software and contest the charge, show the credit or debit card issuer copies of the emails, letters or perhaps the petroglyphs or clay tablets you used, and they will straighten it out with SpyHunter for you. When did all these people get the idea that they are entitled to something for nothing, at least apparently as it relates to software? Even the free stuff has a cost in that you have to see a lot of ads on their websites. Intellectual property has value, too, just like all the crap that's being advertised, no? I agree with clewiiscs. I'm satisfied that I'm getting fair value for my money since SpyHunter fixed a problem that was bugging me and so far my suite of antivirus/antimalware seems to be doing the job, I'm a happy camper even if it cost be a few (well-disclosed in advance) bucks. MY wife and I have been selling china, knives and forks to restaurant and hotels in Southern California and I never heard of SpyHunter until I ran into some malware that I couldn't clean from my computer a month or so ago, and unfortunately, I'm not on their payroll and this post was totally unsolicited, but I came across this site and I have never seen so much crap, so I felt as though I wanted to comment on my unbiased experience with the product, which I like.

• Ha
    Hans W Mar 27, 2015

Excellent programme! I had endless problems with all three browsers I was using. Pages popping up in the background and advertisements running over the pages I couldn't read anymore.
    I was quite reluctant to go with SpyHunter with all these negative comments and warnings, but it solved all my problems. It took a long time to analyse, detected 300 problems, some of them serious. I then registered, which was very clear and simple. The "RegHunter" programme was listed as an extra. It was unchecked by default. The 6-monthly renewal was clearly outlined. Within two minutes SpyHunter cleaned up my computer. My only regret is that perhaps I should have looked at a cheaper option first ...

• Li
    lilshortcake1 Feb 17, 2015

Classic scam lets put in fine print the fact that its autorenewal and give the customers no way to opt out of the autorenewal and then blame the uninformed customer for their awful error of not getting a magnifying glass and a lawyer to read it before they press buy. Oh oh and no way we should send a bill in the mail to remind them of the fact when it can be squished into their daily 80 emails and be overlooked as spam. Disgusted plain and simple. 200 dollars later I finally get an email and I'll take my responsibility i should scour my lines in my debit card statements more thoroughly. So thanks for that Enigma you taught me a valuable lesson and it only cost me 200 bucks and one computer that runs your program constantly and refuses to be turned off. How kind of you if only every business could be as ethical and as fair as you. I know the sarcasm is in pretty small letters so if you don't read it and want to complain I suggest you follow your business practices and get out your magnifying glass.

• Ev
    Evanstax Feb 12, 2015

I installed Spyhunter an it really messed up my computer. i deleted the propram and would like a refund of my money. i went to the website to contact or email and they was no place to be found to email a request.

• Ed
    Edmarb Dec 29, 2014

Well, before buying spyhunter i tried to uninstall the trial version, it did not work, then I came to see some reviews.
    Maybe they are very good but since they don't allow you to easy uninstall it I decided not to buy it and I hope I can remove it from my laptop.

• Ri
    Rille Dec 15, 2014

They Charged me for reghunter egen though I only ordered Spyhunter but I emailed them and got My money back within 24 hours (!). Spyhunter saved me from Webssearches which drove me nuts.
    Well worth $29
    SOrry for bad spelling etc - I'm using My iPad...

Andy Parkinson Dec 11, 2014

Please can you tell me why I have been charged twice for spy hunter. My credit card was charged twice for the amount of £29.22 on 11th of October. I have not sanctioned this payment. Andy Parkinson of TD Engineering Ltd Leicester UK

• Dr
    DrM1 Nov 27, 2014

I purchased Spyhunter last month. I could not get it to stop loading on start up. Now it tells me to register again. This is not what I paid for.

• Ni
    Nitemare7 Nov 18, 2014

After I purchased ($39.95) and ran SpyHunter 4 for the first time, it successfully removed 4 malware programs. Since then, I have noticed a persistent slowing of the computer. Upon investigation, I watched the Task Manager as SpyHunter 4 memory slowly increased to over 10 megabytes. I terminated SpyHunter 4, but when I tried to stop the software under the services tab, I refused to shutdown. I had to go into Computer Management, place the software in Manual Mode, and I finally got it to shutdown. I have no Idea why SpyHunter 4 requires a Services entry, or why its operating memory is so high.

• Tr
    Trader1480 Oct 10, 2014

I've maintained a Spy Hunter subscription for some time and have found it to be the only anti-malware software that has worked. Granted that most of the "infections" are just inconsequential cookies, but with the exception of one rootkit infection (that a free download of Microsoft's anti-Malware took care of) Spy hunter has detected and eliminated all problems. I don't like paying $40 every six months but the alternative is a visit to/by a computer pro for $100. I do a full scan once a week.

My advice to Enigma is better explain the subscription package they sell. The program is clearly worth it, but it's marketed poorly.

• Ta
    Tawnya Turner Oct 01, 2014

I purchased the spy ware product at the cost of 39.99 and was charged 69.99. I am on SSI and this killed me financially. if you say one price than it should that price. when i tried to call to complain they said it wasn't them and asked for my email and password "to find out who it was" stupid me gave it to them thinking they were trying to help . Big laugh next thing i know they are going through my email daily. Big scam artist BEWARE!!!

• Ea
    earlsomething Sep 13, 2014

I bought Spy Hunter4 yesterday, installed it and ran a scan of my computer. It detected 574 pieces of Malware on my computer. I had them removed and restarted my comp. It worked perfectly and now my comp. is back to normal and faster than ever.
    I did not want to renew the subscription for another 6 month, I followed the instructions and cancelled it at the end of the subscription period.
    I think some of these complaints come from lack of understanding what is being purchased. You must always "Read Everything" before buying!!!

• Ll
    llebpmacr Aug 26, 2014

Have installed Spy Hunter at home (no funny charges and happy with it in conjunction with Trend Micro Titanium) ...looking to install on work computers now...

• El
    elewiscs Jun 10, 2014

I own and run an IT consulting group in Phoenix Ariizona. We have hands on service calls to at least 20 computers per day for the last 15 years. We have remote service to at least that many more per day. In the last 2 years we have seen more and more aggressive malware hitting our customers systems. We have literally tried almost every product on the market in both our shop test systems and our customers systems ranging from Windows XP to Windows 8. On domains and off. I can say without a shred of doubt that Spyhunter is the best product on the market today. Is any product 100% perfect? No. I have run into 4 or 5 bugs that even spyhunter could not remove automatically. Their techs support is second to none. They have always been able to create a custom fix that eventually cleaned the systems. I have seen the best overall results when using Spyhunter in conjunction with Webroot Anti_virus. Between the 2 databases I have only had one bug make it through one of my networks. That was cryptolocker when it first came out. I have seen cryptolocker make it through all of the major players like, Norton, McAfee, Viper, Trend, Kaspersky etc. It is just one nasty bug. Spyhunter is one of the more expensive products out there and I am not too keen on their pricing policy. When you buy it, it states that the charge is $39.oo but if you read the fine print you will see that it is every 6 months. They could do better at being up front and charging a one year fee. As far as certain websites charging a second fee, that is on the shady web site. I have purchased several hundred copies of Spyhunter directly from their website. www.spyhunter.com and have never had a second fee charge. Bottom line. If you want the best protection out there with the best tech support, using Spyhunter along with Web Root does not get any better. By the way. I do not work for or have any affiliation with Enegima Software company. Web Root is good at Viruses but lacks good spyware detection and removal. That is where Spyhunter finishes the job.

Matt84 May 21, 2014

So I just buyed this spyhunter 4 to see if it would get rid of the spyware
    it claimed it had found even though my computer was clean according to many
    other anti-spyware. The first time I tried to fix the problem after a scan
    Spyhunter rebooted my computer and tons of weird stuff was going on my screen
    before windows boot (various DOS command and weird anti-virus message that
    didn’t seems legit). When windows finally started I couldn’t use most of my
    computer. Any program in quick access bar we’re blocked. I could not open my web
    browser. CTRL-ALT-DELETE didn’t bring me to the usual menu (did nothing after
    multiple try). Even tough my computer seemed fast as usual and didn’t seems to
    be slowed by some kind of process I couldn’t do anything with it. I could not
    even close it. So I had to cut the power to close it. I then tried to restart
    the computer but I got nothing but a black screen, not even the usual bios
    screen. I tried to restart it multiple time always with the same result. I then
    started to look for solution on another computer. I then tried to boot my
    computer with a windows cd and it worked. Then I uninstalled the product and
    contacted the company support. They did answer very fast, they said it was
    because they detected I had an old version (how did they detect that?? and it
    was uninstalled...? also I did update it to the latest version before using.)
    Anyway they directed me to their website where I could download the latest
    version and I did it to see what would happen. It didn’t seem to be a different
    version once installed. The only result I got from reinstalling it was a blue
    screen on my first scan and complete internet shutdown on the second try. That
    was enough for me I uninstalled the program and I’ll stay away from it. What I
    find odd is that I can’t seem to find any other bad review about this program
    and other anti-malware doesn’t detect it as the crap it is. I think its because
    the enygma company prevent anyone to speak against them trough sending false
    (seems false to me) lawyer letter to shutdown any bad review. see http://cl.ly/012k3u0s0y2H and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6Ug4mVk92c