Enigma Software Group Spyhunterspyhunter

Hello India Vilarreal,

I am the Vice President of Technical Support and Research at Enigma Software Group. I read the post above and I would like to let you know that we have an email specifically for complaints. You or anyone can submit a complaint and I can assure you that we will find a suitable solution for any problem that is related to SpyHunter or to our service.

If you have any questions or complaints, please send us an email to [protected]@enigmasoftware.com. I personally read all emails from that account.

At Enigma Software Group, we work hard to maintain the best level of service and make sure that every customer becomes a satisfied customer.

Regards,

Alec Malaspina
Enigma Software Group USA, LLC.

• In
    India Villarreal Feb 03, 2010

I keep seeing the same complaints. >:|

If you feel like you've been wronged by Spyhunter/Enigma Software Group, please shoot me an email:

[protected]@nym.hush.com

• Se
    SeattleTW Dec 07, 2010

Enigma SpyHunter tried to steal from me the other day. I downloaded their software and when I hit "register" it told me I was being charged only $39.95, but when I hit "confirm, " it charged me $69.95, a classic "bait and switch" scheme. I called their help desk and demanded the representative to reverse my charges. He tried lamely to explain that I was being charged a separate registration fee, but it was not clear at all from their advertisement. He then said he would not charge me for that additional fee. Why would I want to do business with anyone who tried to trick me???? Enigma's false and deceptive advertising violates several consumer protection laws in many states. Beware of SpyHunter and its parent, Enigma!

• Ro
    ronald penland Dec 12, 2016

@SeattleTW What h3elp desk?? Where did you get a phone number?

• Ra
    Raul Reyes Jan 03, 2011

I bought spyhunter 4 and have been infected 54, 34, 35, 26 times each and every hour. I sent what is called a ticket, I call it a complaint that a yellow warning from my windows security center and the tech's reply was: don't worry you are protected. I have found it necessary to disconnect from my online connection in order to feel protected. I want my money back now!!! ----Raul Reyes---email [protected]@cfl.rr.com

Angela1031 Apr 28, 2012

TOTALLY AGREE...this software nearly wiped my hard drive...cannot get support/answers from them. Sent a registered letter last week, no return yet. Disputing charges through my bank starting tomorrow. It is as if they (Enigma) are invisible...no phone number to be found. E-mails and 'open tickets' left unanswered. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS. This all happened 04/21/12...

• Ev
    evie123 May 30, 2013

Evie123
    I downloaded SpyHunter and am unable to gret it off my computer. It comes on everytime at start up. regedit cannot find it and it just appears every time at start up. It is so annoying I just cannot get rid of it. I looked int the settings and it had checked to run the software at start up and also to look for spyware. I unchecked these and still it wont come off my computer. I have an anti-virus programme and itdoes not help remove it so far. It is not seen in my control panel area or on the left hand side in the list of programmes on my computer when you press start. This happenedd 22/5/13

• Co
    colliers Jul 12, 2013

I purchased SpyHunter to remove the Interpol virus from my computer thru SafeCart. The checkout screen said that the software cost $29.99. There was a total of $29.99 at the bottom of the screen. When I received the email receipt, it was for $69.98. They had charged me $39.99 for SpyHunter instead of the stated $29.99 and added and additional $29.99 for RegHunter which I did not order. On top of that, the receipt stated that I was enrolled in automatic renewals. I have contacted Enigma and SafeCart and made complaints through the BBB. So far nothing from Enigma. SafeCart says that they are going to remove the $29.99 within 15 days. No help with the extra $10 that I was charged for SpyHunter. SafeCart says that the RegHunter must have been listed below the order screen?????!!!

• Co
    colliers Jul 12, 2013

I contacted Enigma about overbilling for the SpyHunter product, unauthorized enrollment in automatic renewals, and charges for RegHunter software that I didn't even order. They are supposedly refunding me for the software I didn't order, although they don't offer any explanation as to why it was charged for it in the first place. It's no wonder there are so many complaints against them. Here is their "sincere" apology where they seemingly blame me for all of this:

Just to clarify the renewal policy, when you purchased SpyHunter, you purchased a subscription which was disclosed several times before and after the purchase. If you look at the SpyHunter's purchase page (https://www.enigmasoftware.com/purchase_spyhunter.php), in the receipt of purchase (received from the email address [protected]@safecart.com), under our EULA or during the installation (in the agreement that you must agree in order to install SpyHunter), you will notice that we disclose that you are purchasing a subscription.

Therefore, I sincerely apologize for the fact that you did not understand what you were purchasing or were not able to see the terms of purchase even though it was displayed to you several times. Although, as stated above, we will refund the charges as requested.

Regards,

Alec Malaspina
    VP, Technical Support, Research & QA
    ENIGMA SOFTWARE GROUP USA, LLC
    EMAIL: [protected]@enigmasoftware.com
    URL: http://www.enigmasoftware.com

• We have provided a full refund, as requested, to the user by the username of "colliers".

After receiving a BBB complaint, in good faith, I contacted Colliers (Mr. Forchilli). Colliers says in his BBB complaint: "At the time of purchase no working software is delivered, inquiries to their tech support not responded to and there is no agreement of subscription".

Colliers' statement "They are supposedly refunding me for the software I didn't order, although they don't offer any explanation as to why it was charged for it in the first place" is false and deceptive.

I stand by my previous statement "At Enigma Software Group, we work hard to maintain the best level of service and make sure that every customer becomes a satisfied customer" and have written documentation to prove my words.

• Je
    Jenn Clark Jul 30, 2013

I am having the same problems as others it seems. Wish I'd checked this site before buying last night. I expected to be charged around £39.00 only to find after pressing confirm I am being charged £79.00. I blamed myself thinking I must have somehow 'double ordered'. Repeated emails since are not being answered and I am now becoming increasingly anxious about the situation. Think a phone call to my bank is in order tomorrow!

jimmytorz Aug 14, 2013

Enigma Software Group are thieves and liars! SpyHunter4 IS A FAKE! THEY ONLY WANT TO TRICK YOU INTO SUBSCRIBING FOR $80 a YEAR RECURRING PAYMENTS! EVEN IF YOU OPT OUT, THEY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER CATASTROPHICALLY! WORSE THAN EVER! THESE GUYS ARE CRIMINALS!

jimmytorz Aug 14, 2013

By the way, WHY THE [censored] are you not on CNET? You have one comment: ONE star! The commenter wished he could have given you ZERO stars! Alec Malaspina! FAKE NAME...=ALEC WITH A BROKEN SPINE! MOTHER [censored] CROOKS! So here's your last chance! RUN!

jimmytorz Aug 14, 2013

COMPLAIN to US ATTORNEY GENERAL AND YOUR STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL! THIS IS A FRAUD!

Jimmynariz Oct 28, 2013

I purchased spyhunter on October 23. I have spent a week trying to get it downloaded and am getting nowhere. Every time I go to their site I get a message that my user name and password are invalid. When I called the number given on their site I was refered to another number { their technical support} I get a machine that tells me they are all busy and if I leave my phone number and my E-mail address someone will contact me.I have yet to hear from anyone.I am 66 years old, with only a $573.00 a month income from social security. I cannot afford to be ripped off like this. My E-mail is [protected]@live.com. I thank you for this forum.

• OMGmom Feb 21, 2014

BUYER BEWARE! SpyHunter is Scareware/Scamware! Once you get it, you CANNOT UNINSTALL IT! Even if you go to Programs from Control Panel, you can't get it off your computer - it will just delete the name from the programs list.

Even if you tell it not to scan at startup, it will put itself back to scanning on startup!

And, after declining to renew (after 6 short months), it infected my computer with the exact same thing I originally bought it to get rid of in he first place - even though I have not downloaded any new programs (which is how I got the original malware the first time.)

Just to show you what type of jerks this company employs: I saw in a previous comment (on this page) how a representative from SpyHunter scamware, actually posted a customer's last name - even though the complaining customer used a user ID, instead of his own name! Upstanding companies don't put their customers' names on a public forum, even if the customer is complaining!

Scammers! Thieves! BUYER BEWARE OF SCAMWARE, SCAREWARE, SpyHunter, and everything to do with "Enigma" (guess the name should have tipped us all off!)

anders wetterholm Feb 23, 2014

I totally agree1 Enigma is a fraud company.

aw

• Ge
    Geemee Mar 12, 2014

I uninstalled Spyhunter but Enigma software group from Spyhunter kept popping up at bootup to do it's thing.
    The cure I found was to download Autoruns for Windows v11.70 and installed it. As I opened Autorun I selected
    Boot Execute and Deleted sh4native and now boot up is back to normal.
    I search on the internet and found no cure, maybe now folks can find this one and soon maybe even more better ways
    will be added.

• Al
    Aldino Apr 02, 2014

I had an issue with nationzoom virus. I have been fighting it for the last 2 days using Norton 365, then virus, and I also tried to clean it manually from the regedit, however, that all did not work. However, I tried Spy hunter toady and it worked for me right the way.

The prices is 29 USD however, they charge for another product to clean you register, however, if you do not want that you unchecked that option. Also before you check out, there is calculator that you can click on it and will tell you total, again if you just want to pay the 29, then unchecked the other product.
    However, with all the complain I saw in this site, I still went I bought the product and I am happy that I have done so.
    I am not working for Engima, and never get to know them before today. I just bough the product today from them.

Matt84 May 21, 2014

So I just buyed this spyhunter 4 to see if it would get rid of the spyware
    it claimed it had found even though my computer was clean according to many
    other anti-spyware. The first time I tried to fix the problem after a scan
    Spyhunter rebooted my computer and tons of weird stuff was going on my screen
    before windows boot (various DOS command and weird anti-virus message that
    didn’t seems legit). When windows finally started I couldn’t use most of my
    computer. Any program in quick access bar we’re blocked. I could not open my web
    browser. CTRL-ALT-DELETE didn’t bring me to the usual menu (did nothing after
    multiple try). Even tough my computer seemed fast as usual and didn’t seems to
    be slowed by some kind of process I couldn’t do anything with it. I could not
    even close it. So I had to cut the power to close it. I then tried to restart
    the computer but I got nothing but a black screen, not even the usual bios
    screen. I tried to restart it multiple time always with the same result. I then
    started to look for solution on another computer. I then tried to boot my
    computer with a windows cd and it worked. Then I uninstalled the product and
    contacted the company support. They did answer very fast, they said it was
    because they detected I had an old version (how did they detect that?? and it
    was uninstalled...? also I did update it to the latest version before using.)
    Anyway they directed me to their website where I could download the latest
    version and I did it to see what would happen. It didn’t seem to be a different
    version once installed. The only result I got from reinstalling it was a blue
    screen on my first scan and complete internet shutdown on the second try. That
    was enough for me I uninstalled the program and I’ll stay away from it. What I
    find odd is that I can’t seem to find any other bad review about this program
    and other anti-malware doesn’t detect it as the crap it is. I think its because
    the enygma company prevent anyone to speak against them trough sending false
    (seems false to me) lawyer letter to shutdown any bad review. see http://cl.ly/012k3u0s0y2H and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6Ug4mVk92c

• El
    elewiscs Jun 10, 2014

I own and run an IT consulting group in Phoenix Ariizona. We have hands on service calls to at least 20 computers per day for the last 15 years. We have remote service to at least that many more per day. In the last 2 years we have seen more and more aggressive malware hitting our customers systems. We have literally tried almost every product on the market in both our shop test systems and our customers systems ranging from Windows XP to Windows 8. On domains and off. I can say without a shred of doubt that Spyhunter is the best product on the market today. Is any product 100% perfect? No. I have run into 4 or 5 bugs that even spyhunter could not remove automatically. Their techs support is second to none. They have always been able to create a custom fix that eventually cleaned the systems. I have seen the best overall results when using Spyhunter in conjunction with Webroot Anti_virus. Between the 2 databases I have only had one bug make it through one of my networks. That was cryptolocker when it first came out. I have seen cryptolocker make it through all of the major players like, Norton, McAfee, Viper, Trend, Kaspersky etc. It is just one nasty bug. Spyhunter is one of the more expensive products out there and I am not too keen on their pricing policy. When you buy it, it states that the charge is $39.oo but if you read the fine print you will see that it is every 6 months. They could do better at being up front and charging a one year fee. As far as certain websites charging a second fee, that is on the shady web site. I have purchased several hundred copies of Spyhunter directly from their website. www.spyhunter.com and have never had a second fee charge. Bottom line. If you want the best protection out there with the best tech support, using Spyhunter along with Web Root does not get any better. By the way. I do not work for or have any affiliation with Enegima Software company. Web Root is good at Viruses but lacks good spyware detection and removal. That is where Spyhunter finishes the job.

• Ll
    llebpmacr Aug 26, 2014

Have installed Spy Hunter at home (no funny charges and happy with it in conjunction with Trend Micro Titanium) ...looking to install on work computers now...

• Ea
    earlsomething Sep 13, 2014

I bought Spy Hunter4 yesterday, installed it and ran a scan of my computer. It detected 574 pieces of Malware on my computer. I had them removed and restarted my comp. It worked perfectly and now my comp. is back to normal and faster than ever.
    I did not want to renew the subscription for another 6 month, I followed the instructions and cancelled it at the end of the subscription period.
    I think some of these complaints come from lack of understanding what is being purchased. You must always "Read Everything" before buying!!!

• Ta
    Tawnya Turner Oct 01, 2014

I purchased the spy ware product at the cost of 39.99 and was charged 69.99. I am on SSI and this killed me financially. if you say one price than it should that price. when i tried to call to complain they said it wasn't them and asked for my email and password "to find out who it was" stupid me gave it to them thinking they were trying to help . Big laugh next thing i know they are going through my email daily. Big scam artist BEWARE!!!

• Tr
    Trader1480 Oct 10, 2014

I've maintained a Spy Hunter subscription for some time and have found it to be the only anti-malware software that has worked. Granted that most of the "infections" are just inconsequential cookies, but with the exception of one rootkit infection (that a free download of Microsoft's anti-Malware took care of) Spy hunter has detected and eliminated all problems. I don't like paying $40 every six months but the alternative is a visit to/by a computer pro for $100. I do a full scan once a week.

My advice to Enigma is better explain the subscription package they sell. The program is clearly worth it, but it's marketed poorly.

• Ni
    Nitemare7 Nov 18, 2014

After I purchased ($39.95) and ran SpyHunter 4 for the first time, it successfully removed 4 malware programs. Since then, I have noticed a persistent slowing of the computer. Upon investigation, I watched the Task Manager as SpyHunter 4 memory slowly increased to over 10 megabytes. I terminated SpyHunter 4, but when I tried to stop the software under the services tab, I refused to shutdown. I had to go into Computer Management, place the software in Manual Mode, and I finally got it to shutdown. I have no Idea why SpyHunter 4 requires a Services entry, or why its operating memory is so high.

• Dr
    DrM1 Nov 27, 2014

I purchased Spyhunter last month. I could not get it to stop loading on start up. Now it tells me to register again. This is not what I paid for.

Andy Parkinson Dec 11, 2014

Please can you tell me why I have been charged twice for spy hunter. My credit card was charged twice for the amount of £29.22 on 11th of October. I have not sanctioned this payment. Andy Parkinson of TD Engineering Ltd Leicester UK

• Ri
    Rille Dec 15, 2014

They Charged me for reghunter egen though I only ordered Spyhunter but I emailed them and got My money back within 24 hours (!). Spyhunter saved me from Webssearches which drove me nuts.
    Well worth $29
    SOrry for bad spelling etc - I'm using My iPad...

• Ed
    Edmarb Dec 29, 2014

Well, before buying spyhunter i tried to uninstall the trial version, it did not work, then I came to see some reviews.
    Maybe they are very good but since they don't allow you to easy uninstall it I decided not to buy it and I hope I can remove it from my laptop.

• Ev
    Evanstax Feb 12, 2015

I installed Spyhunter an it really messed up my computer. i deleted the propram and would like a refund of my money. i went to the website to contact or email and they was no place to be found to email a request.

• Li
    lilshortcake1 Feb 17, 2015

Classic scam lets put in fine print the fact that its autorenewal and give the customers no way to opt out of the autorenewal and then blame the uninformed customer for their awful error of not getting a magnifying glass and a lawyer to read it before they press buy. Oh oh and no way we should send a bill in the mail to remind them of the fact when it can be squished into their daily 80 emails and be overlooked as spam. Disgusted plain and simple. 200 dollars later I finally get an email and I'll take my responsibility i should scour my lines in my debit card statements more thoroughly. So thanks for that Enigma you taught me a valuable lesson and it only cost me 200 bucks and one computer that runs your program constantly and refuses to be turned off. How kind of you if only every business could be as ethical and as fair as you. I know the sarcasm is in pretty small letters so if you don't read it and want to complain I suggest you follow your business practices and get out your magnifying glass.

• Ha
    Hans W Mar 27, 2015

Excellent programme! I had endless problems with all three browsers I was using. Pages popping up in the background and advertisements running over the pages I couldn't read anymore.
    I was quite reluctant to go with SpyHunter with all these negative comments and warnings, but it solved all my problems. It took a long time to analyse, detected 300 problems, some of them serious. I then registered, which was very clear and simple. The "RegHunter" programme was listed as an extra. It was unchecked by default. The 6-monthly renewal was clearly outlined. Within two minutes SpyHunter cleaned up my computer. My only regret is that perhaps I should have looked at a cheaper option first ...

• 2m
    2muchbs May 19, 2015

I downloaded Spy Hunter a month ago to try to get rid of some malware that nothing else could clean, and I had no problems with the download, I found that their website made it VERY clear that it costs $39 or six months and that it would be automatically renewed. I don't particularly like how long it takes to scan, but I have found that since I installed it, my other antivirus (Norton 360). Antimalware (Malwarebytes) and second opinion software (Hitman Pro), all of which I pay for, are finding less problems, so I have to think that SpyHunter must be doing something! I also found that it's pretty easy to eliminate the scan at startup by simply modifying the settings, so now I can scan when I want to. Even with the scan at startup, I didn't find that it slowed my computer, and all I had to do to get the splash screen out of the way was to minimize it. My opinion is that one generally gets what one pays for in all aspects of life, and at 66 years old, I have had plenty of time to assess this point of view and have not had many instances in which it turned out not to be valid. I also am appalled that so many people seem to be virtually illiterate since they don't seem to be able to grasp what SpyHunter's website makes very clear, to wit, THIS IS NOT FREEWARE. Also, unless all these people that are complaining are sending checks or cash, in the event you want to cancel your SpyHunter subscription when it's renewal time and you have an issue, all you have to do is contact the issuer of the credit or debit card you gave them when you originally purchased the software and contest the charge, show the credit or debit card issuer copies of the emails, letters or perhaps the petroglyphs or clay tablets you used, and they will straighten it out with SpyHunter for you. When did all these people get the idea that they are entitled to something for nothing, at least apparently as it relates to software? Even the free stuff has a cost in that you have to see a lot of ads on their websites. Intellectual property has value, too, just like all the crap that's being advertised, no? I agree with clewiiscs. I'm satisfied that I'm getting fair value for my money since SpyHunter fixed a problem that was bugging me and so far my suite of antivirus/antimalware seems to be doing the job, I'm a happy camper even if it cost be a few (well-disclosed in advance) bucks. MY wife and I have been selling china, knives and forks to restaurant and hotels in Southern California and I never heard of SpyHunter until I ran into some malware that I couldn't clean from my computer a month or so ago, and unfortunately, I'm not on their payroll and this post was totally unsolicited, but I came across this site and I have never seen so much crap, so I felt as though I wanted to comment on my unbiased experience with the product, which I like.

• Er
    ernestojc May 19, 2015

I paid and installed Enigma software but don't think it's a good anti-virus or anti-malware, so I uninstalled it! Then the bill of $39.99 and $29.99! They said they sent e-mail informing me of automatic renewal but I just received the bill from Mastercard, and when I called MasterCard to challenge the bill, they said I have to get in touch of Enigma! soooo many problems with this suspect company!!! BEWARE OF ENIGMA SPY HUNTER! $70 just like that! How much can they collect legally by their tricks!
    Ernesto D Chaluangco

• Ka
    kaufman dina Jun 08, 2015

I want to cancel my subscription and there is no valid email to do it.
    What can I do????
    Dina Kaufman

• Fr
    Fram60 Jun 15, 2015

I initially bought SpyHunter at the recommendation of a friend who is a software programmer. I had trouble uninstalling SpyHunter.after my six-month subscription expired (I received plenty of notice that my subscription would continue another six months unless I chose to stop it, which I did with no problems) . I kept getting an 'error code 14' message when trying to uninstall so Enigma technical support remote-accessed my computer and uninstalled it for me. They were very professional and concerned that I was a happy customer. I ended up purchasing a different anti-malware/anti-spyware program because it was ranked in the top 10. Enigma does not submit their software for comparison reviews, so it wasn't on the list. I told them they should submit their product Anyway, any problems with SpyHunter/Enigma just call their support phone number or access online chat to solve it.

• Ru
    Ruchhenbung Jun 22, 2015

Just installed and purchased spyhunter. I'd problems with computer getting too sloww and worse infected by W32.Korron.B. Let's see how the spyhunter works !

• Fr
    Fram60 Jun 23, 2015

Remember to run about three scans, until there is zero spy/malware left.

• Se
    Semoore Jun 27, 2015

Oct. 20, 2014 my spyhunter expired, i informed enigma group that i was not going to re up, and they sent me an e - mail
    Stating they would make me pay. The next day while using my computer it made a very loud pop and shutdown. I restarted to find my hard was deleted. After reinstalling win 7 the same day they wiped both of my usb external drives with over 4, 000, 000 files, programs, digital photo's. Six times they wiped my hard drive on my tower. Both of my laptops was deleted more times than i can remember. On [protected] i fired up my tower for the first time in over six months, and as usual they were waiting for me, and infecting my computer. They have total control admin. Rights. Aswmbr finds them but, they won't let me delete them. I have tried everything i know to do. Crooks! They need to be chased all over florida until their ankle smokes.
    Why does the government let them get away with this? Why does the people let them get away with this?
    They live inside of my computers memory, as soon as i turn on they start infecting and taking control. They can see everything i am doing and stops me from doing it. They must be stopped at any cost.
    I am using someone's computer other wise i wouldn't be writing today.
    When i pay the $40. 00 they will release my computer. . . I'll not pay them jack.
    Good - bye

• Cj
    CJessie Sep 07, 2015

I too am in the computer support business for the Federal Government, with over 20 years. I have tried many software's, Spy hunter is the best out there.

JAM AKHLAQ G Sep 18, 2015

this is amazing and very helpful for new users. i am realy thankful. /a>

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices