Emirates Airlinedata disclosure to others

Pls see my coplaint when the airline gave my phone details to another passenger and the lack of respect from the airline to brush it under the table

Attn. Mr. Bruce forbes
Mr. Jonathan bender

Dear sirs,

It is clear that for you to brush this under the table is the easy way out for the airline. This was made abundantly clear by your staff in my attempts to speak to either of you gentlemen regarding this case. Is this what emirates has come to? I appreciate you may receive numerous complaints each day, but when some get to a higher level, especially from a gold card member you basically, to coin a famous phrase & lsquo;don’t give a damn’’!

For your information, I have just had a long chat with the other passenger, who says that he got my number from a print out by the airline, this is obviously the print out regarding my limo service as both my contact details and hotel info were available.

It saddens me when a senior manager of and airline has to lie to cover up a very serious breach of trust and data protection. Not that I am totally surprised by your actions, if information like this became public your beloved reputation would be in tatters. Therefore I doubt you sincerity with regard passenger data protection.

I suggest you have done little to truly investigate this matter. If you think a little it is not rocket science to work out how the passenger got my number.

The fact still remains that

Regards

From: customer affairs [mailto:customer. [protected]@emirates.com]
Sent: 13 october 2011 10:51

Subject: our ref no: dxb/x/nm/041011/6764005
Importance: high

13 october 2011

Dear mr wilson,
I understand that you have been attempting to contact my office to discuss the below case.
We have spoken to the other passenger whose bag you took by mistake, and he has categorically assured us that at no time did any emirates agents give him your personal details. Seemingly you do not believe what we have been advised by the other passenger, or what we have advised you; that is unfortunate, however we stand by what we have previously conveyed.
We wish to reiterate that we take passenger data protection very seriously and our investigation into your allegations is now closed.
Sincerely yours,
Jonathan bender
Manager customer relations (Worldwide)

Dear mr. Bender

Thank you for your prompt response to this matter.

Let me clarify a few points for you.

1. I was transported from the airport by emirates limo service to my hotel, approx 40 mins. Drive at that time of night
2. The first contact I received was on my mobile by mr s. Damodar, on his indian mobile (number I could give on request) , not emirates, enquiring about the possibility that I might have his bag. I asked him how he got my number and he told me emirates staff had given it to them it is assumed that as mine is black as well that there would be a misunderstanding.
3. How would the police assist the passenger, force emirates staff to give my telephone number??? Do I sound that stupid sir, for you to suggest that?
4. At the time I was checking in to my hotel and my bags were elsewhere so I said I would check. He was becoming irate with me although I did not know if I had his bags.
5. I did then look and find out that I had my bag, this issue was now how to return it.
6. He was calling me back and at the same time emirates staff were calling my hotel, obviously from the info I gave regarding limo drop off.
7. I was trying to speak on two phones and both parties were actually starting to become rude, threatening and demanding I return to the airport immediately. I tried to explain that I had a wedding that I was late for and could the airline send a driver with my bag and pick up the bag. Emirates refused, threatened to call the police, to which I put the phone down. I then told the passenger that I would return it in the morning.
8. The hotel staff then politely agreed to assist and arranged for the gentleman to pick his bag up, as mine could not be taken.
9. After the wedding I was taken to the airport as I had an early train to catch. My bag was sitting there with others from the flight. No security or anything, I asked air india who called emirates. They told me that the girl refused to come down and I had to wait over an hour as she was & lsquo;too busy’!
10. I then picked up my bag and walked out of the terminal without being questioned by anyone.
11. When I returned to my hotel they informed me that the bag had been picked up. I have a letter from the passenger with all the facts

Sir, as an educated man, I conclude as follows:

1. In the middle of mumbai at night, in an airport, please enlighten me on who else could possibly have my emirates etisalat private number except the airline staff? Indian passenger with indian staff, buddy, buddy system one would assume.
2. Why did the mumbai staff not call my mobile? Laziness one would assume, as it is an international call. They called my hotel after all
3. I can only assume that you accept the lies they are spinning you. My 7 year old daughter could work out what has happened here. Is this a case of in house protection, look after your own etc.
4. If you like I could give you the passengers mobile number as I have a letter signed by him, would you like them. As he is a gold member I assume you already have it, or shall I post it on the internet for you?
5. I agree that the customer needs his bags, pray tell if this was here and I was in abu dhabi what would the airline do to assist. It was a genuine mistake and I do not need to be insulted by people over this. I that was dubai I could have had the persons arrested for that, correct?
6. A senior manage should not need to speculate, but come to a sound conclusion once the facts are available.
7. I am amazed that you only consider this a baggage incident. Sir, your company breached your policy in data protection. Maybe you consider this a one off and as I stated before are not that concerned on the way I feel and the do not care about the reputation of the airline.
8. My other avenues were actually considering my legal stance in this case, one which I would hope to avoid
9. I would conclude by suggesting that your office has done a poor job of getting the facts of this case and I still remain a very unhappy emirates customer

Best regards

Subject: our ref. Dxb/x/nm/041011/6764005

10 october 2011

Dear mr wilson,

I refer to your e-mail message of october 9, 2011, addressed to my colleague ms. Rafik. The entire file has been given to my office for a complete review.

I note that you left the airport in mumbai on 2 october, with a suitcase that did not belong to you. I have contacted our staff members at the airport in mumbai again, for their comments about your allegations of data protection violations. Additionally, I can assure you that this matter has been discussed at the highest levels here.

I am advised that at no stage did any emirates staff member provide your details to the other customer who had been inconvenienced through your actions. The other customer had every right to have his property returned, and I believe you were requested to do so on a number of occasions. It has been claimed that you declined that request. Possibly the other customer approached the police for assistance? That is pure speculation on my part.

I note your remark, "i will seek other avenues with this matter", and acknowledge that that is your prerogative and respect that fact. Emirates, equally, will ensure that its reputation and character is not besmirched. Having said that, mr. Wilson, we do understand that this type of baggage incident does cause frustration and worry, for all parties involved. We are glad that the baggage issue was resolved and we do appreciate your loyalty as a gold member.

Thank you for writing to us.

Sincerely yours,

Jonathan bender
Manager customer relations (Worldwide)

Dear madam

I have never witnessed such a lame reply in my life, considering the seriousness of this matter. You should be ashamed at even considering to reply in such an unprofessional manner. It is clear from your reply you are not senior management. Frankly I think you need a career change as you obviously haven’t done your homework and have no idea how to respond to customer complaints.

I demand to be contacted by senior management over this matter.

How can you write such lies regarding the disclosure of my personal data. How did the passenger get my number, from a fortune cookie?

The fact that the passenger called my mobile from his indian mobile at 20.03;20.04;20.16;20.19;20.20;20.31 and 20.34. Yes madam, I have a good phone that records the number and times. Non from emirates though as they are too cheap to call international. Instead they are trying to call my hotel.

They were guessing I had the bag, fortunately I did. , but I do not have to accept threatening calls from your staff or passengers for a genuine mistake.

As I have the passengers statement regarding your incompetent mumbai staff giving this information it seems that as you fail to regard these breach as serious, I will seek other avenues with this matter

Best regards

Ian wilson

From: customer. [protected]@emirates.com [mailto:customer. [protected]@emirates.com]
Sent: 09 october 2011 15:30

Subject: our ref. Dxb/x/nm/041011/6764005

09 october 2011

Dear mr wilson,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to detail your concerns in your telephone conversation of 4 october and your subsequent e-mail message of 6 october.

I note that when you travelled with us from dubai to mumbai on 2 october, on your arrival at mumbai airport you inadvertently picked up another passengers bag.

I understand that swapped luggage always creates frustration and anxiety for all parties.

May I advise you that in such cases the airline always requires the passenger to come and return the wrongly taken bag due to security reasons. I further note that our mumbai staff requested you on two occasions to return the bag, however, as you had a prior engagement you were unable to do so.

May I assure you that emirates takes data protection laws very seriously and in order to comply with this law we do not disclose personal details of our customers. We have no evidence that an emirates staff member divulged your telephone number.

Mr wilson, we appreciate your support as a valued gold skywards member. Thank you for allowing me explain our position.

Yours sincerely,