EF Tourstourtrip booked 2 years ahead is non-refundable.

M

My daughter is with the army cadets and they had booked a trip with EF Tours for 2017. They required a $199.00 deposit and then $500.00 every few months or so. I had paid the $500.00 first payment so my total payments so far was $699.00. I then found out that my parents who are 77 an 78 are very sick so we needed to move closer to them. I am in Edmonton and they are in Toronto. I am uplifting my family's whole life to move closer to my parents so I needed to cancel the trip with EF Tours for my daughter from her cadet corp.
I was told that the $199.00 was non-refundable, there is a $400.00 cancellation fee, and a $149.00 insurance fee. On top of that I was charged a $94.00 late fee for missing the second $500.00 payment. So I would end up owing then $49.00 to cancel the trip.

tourtrip booked 2 years ahead is non-refundable.

• Se
    setesdalen Apr 07, 2016

We are having similar problems with EFtours right now. Our daughter was recruited and sold this tour by her teacher. Our daughter was very hesitant because the other students were all from a school in another state, the teachers former place of employment. But the teacher reassured both our daughter and us that she would be with her every step of the tour and available 24/7 if need be. So we signed up for the trip in the fall of 2015, for a trip to Italy and Greece June 2016. Yesterday our daughter came home and told us the teacher was no longer going due to "personal issues." With the conditions of the trip now radically changed, namely the teacher who had personally assured us she would be there for our daughter no longer participating, leaving our 15 year old daughter to travel with people she has never met before, we felt we should get a refund. Come to find out that all fees are non-refundable as is 50% of the actual fee cost. EFtours are citing their rules and treating this as a cancellation even though they changed the conditions of the contract, they say that they do not deal with oral agreements, we're unsure of how a company can just say that we don't agree with parts of contract law and therefore are not bound by it. They also claim that the teacher, who was the sole soliciting and sales agent for this tour, have no affiliation to them or there company. Again that seems impossible since she solicits and recruits students for their company in return for which she receives benefits. If she acts as an agent for them they also have to be responsible for her actions.