eBay.combought 1992 grand marquese and never received car!

B

On january 23rd I received a phone call from a gentleman by the name of don rahim I became interested in a 1992 grand marquese, I saw on ebay I had only been a member 1 week where someone got hold of my information and bidded on other cars that I did not bid on, which made other members quite upset. So ebay suspended me before they did this I was in the process of buying a car from don rahim at auto exspo. I sent him my money 3, 590.00 byexspress mailon 1/24 08 the shipping cost were included in the 590.00dollars 3,000 was for car payment. Don rahim discovered that I was no longer an registered member and refused to ship the car nor return my money, he has ignored my phone calls he answered the phone everyday during my buying this car from him and has registered the car on his car lot with my insurance information, so someone else in huntinton ny is going to be driving around with my information.in ny whats worst since I am no longer a registered member I take it ebay wont do anything don rahim if this is his real name used the fact that I am no longer an ebay member too exstort money from me. Whats even worst I told him I just lost a car too a dealer that sold my car off his lot because he did not get repair money fast enuogh to work on my car so not only am I out of one car I am out of 3,590.00 and 2 cars I have 2 children in school. I bought this car too replace what happened to the last one its not fair for someone too do this and get away with it my car was my means of transportation for me and my children this man took something from me I worked hard for and its not right.

• Sj
    SJ_india Jul 13, 2014

Hi Team,

I have bought an item 13 day ago from ebay.com using a guest user account, I have received the same 5 days ago. The item received was not as described on the ebay.com site. I tried contacting the seller "waterkok55" was he did not responded back. I am unable to open a case on ebay.com site since I have bought an item using guest account.

Please help me and try resolving my case asap.

Thanks
    Shashank

• Re
    Rebel Nick Jan 31, 2014

I've been selling items on Ebay for well over a decade now. They have done a couple of good things over the time like getting commercial shipping rates, as well as no listing fees, even for 30-day buy-it-nows. However the final value fee (which now includes shipping!) and Paypal fees really eat into your potential profits. But, as if things aren't already bad, Ebay takes ANOTHER STEP DOWNWARD--ALLOWING ADS WITHING LISTING PAGES!! You've read it right--I'm looking at a listing for a Game Boy Advance game and there's a GEICO ad, on one line, INSIDE THE LISTING! Aren't they already getting enough from their sky-high fees??? I really wished that someone, ANYONE, could provide an alternative to Ebay. Seriously, every year, they just keep sucking more than the few good bones they throw in. Ugh!!

• Cm
    C. Man Jun 19, 2013

I am a regular seller on ebay, recently they have suspended my account after listing several items the first time they were removed by ebay claiming trademark infringement. After a long and painful process of getting my item approved I re-listed the item and received an email from the Ebay's CEO stating that from now on sellers will be given a few days notice to fix any problems that may occur with a listing. As of today my entire account is suspended and all the work of getting my items approved were for nothing because I am suspended for the same reason. The item in question is a Real Gucci Purse I purchased from Ebay. So it was acceptable to sell it once but not again apparently. All of the other listings that were removed from ebay did not violate any policies but were removed anyway. close to $1000.00 in listings total.

I would like ebay to live up to its word and have a customer service department that can resolve issues not just read back whats on their computer screen. I would also like all of my listings put back with a disclaimer from ebay stating it was their fault for the removal of my listings and not me. Its hard enough as it is to make a good reputation for yourself as a seller to have Ebay itself tarnish my rep when I am not at fault.

• Kl
    Klukosse Dec 14, 2012

Used to enjoy buying on eBay until Paypal ruined that. Won't have anything to do with any site that takes Paypal. Goodbye eBay, Hello Amazon :)

• Li
    Linda E. Kelley Dec 04, 2012

HELLO; WE RECENTLY PURCHASED A RED CASSETTE PLAYER AND IT WAS SUPPOSED TO SHIPPED WITHIN ONE DAY AND SO FAR TO DAY IS TUESDAY AND WE HAVEN'T RECEIVED IT YET AND WE EVEN PAID FOR IT THROUGH PAY PAL AND I THINK THE NAME OF THE STORE IS MOUNT SALLY OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT ALL I WANT IS MY RED CD PLAYER THAT WE PAID FOR AND HAVEN'T GOTTEN YET IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK FOR PLEASE. AND ONE MORE THING FOR SOME REASON EBAY WILL NOT LET ME SIGN ON I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS; [email protected] SO I HOPE SOMEONE WILL HELP ME BE ABLE TO SIGN ON AGAIN PLEASE AND FIND OUT WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG WITH MY CASSETTE PLAYER FROM THE NAME OF THAT STORE MOUNT SALLY OR WHAT EVER IT IS.
    RESPECTFULLY,
    [email protected]

• Ol
    Olikere Nov 06, 2012

I don't use eBay anymore because paypal got me mad. Watch out as paypal has a tendency to just freeze accounts and not return the custo even money even though the demands it.

• Ag
    Agopes Oct 29, 2012

I don't use eBay anymore because it is a part of PAYPAL and PAYPAL sucks! Amazon is much better anyway and they take normal payments, bit the PAYPAL nightmare that too many deal with on eBay.

Charistine Oct 23, 2012

i bought a set of victoria secret pajama for US$48.48 (include shipping to indonesia) from ebay seller (ID: brensco) on august 13, 2012
    i have paid it via paypal, and i unfortunately haven't received the item until now
    it's been more than 2 months and i found out that ebay only covers a purchase less than 45 days :(
    i tried to contact the seller on Sept 8, 2012 and they said that the postal service (USPS) informed them that i should allow AT LEAST 8 weeks for delivery of a package to certain foreign countries due to increased security measures
    so i decided not to worry and give them more weeks to wait for it
    weeks passed i never got the item i bought, so i sent them another email on October 11, 2012
    i got a reply telling me that they're on vacation and should be back on october 15, 2012
    however, they never reply my email since then
    i know that i should report for a dispute before 45 days
    but in my defense, i've tried to contact the seller before then (like ebay suggested)
    and the seller seemed to be sure it would be delivered,
    they also provide a delivery service with tracking number (which i found out now was not helping at all)
    so i've never guessed i would be scammed
    i tried to contact both ebay & paypal about this issue minutes ago for a solution
    i have all the correspondences on my inbox in case they need proves

• Em
    Emerikes Sep 24, 2012

I used to love eBay but since they are connected with PAYPAL, never again! PAYPAL management is so rude and couldn't care less about it's customers.

A loyal eBay buyer with 27k feedback, NO MORE THANKS TO PAYPAL.

Loving Amazon now :)

PAYPAL SUCKS WHICH MAKES EBAY SUCK.

Kitsch-n-Kaboodle Aug 28, 2012

WELL SAID! If ebay were truly on the up & up, they would do away with paypal, integrate the payment feature into their own website (like a normal business, or like amazon, or Yardsellr, or Etsy, or any number of others) and shield sellers from scammers. The only reason they have it set up like it they do is so they can charge people exorbitant payment processing fees and try to say they are not a bank or creditcard processor so that they don't have to follow federal regulations of creditcard processors.

Kitsch-n-Kaboodle Aug 28, 2012

There is another site where you can sell that is more like the old school ebay experience. I transferred all 300 listings from my now closed ebay store to a site called Bonanza dot com. Better designed, runs more smoothly, fast support, and no "big brother" mafia tactics. It's been a little slow to pick up speed, and I hear that clothing does best there so far, but I still recommend it for anything. And they let you import your ebay listings and feedback, so you are not just starting from scratch.
    If you are on Facebook, you can also try Yardsellr.com
    Good luck!

Kitsch-n-Kaboodle Aug 28, 2012

I agree. The system is completely sided to buyers to the point where ebay is violating the property rights of sellers and violating consumer protection laws. In my case, they tried to force me to "repay" a refund of $ that had never even been paid to me in the first place. And then they went after my mother for it on her account when I gave her some of my things to sell.
    It's not just a segment of bad buyers who are crooks on ebay. it's ebay itself who is crooked.

• Mo
    Momsy Aug 21, 2012

This is a buyers market. If you are a seller ebay takes 12% of your sales and they charge you to list all your items. Also after they take all that money when a buyer pays via paypal (which ebay owns) they take another 3% of the total. (not the amount minus what they deducted, the full total). Only buyers can leave negative feedback. So if a buyer never pays etc you can't even leave neg or neutral feedback. So very unfair that they can leave neg for you and you can't even leave neutral for them. How can you warn others about them?

• Co
    Comiss Jun 01, 2012

I've been using ebay since 2001 and while being a buyer is great, especially when you're looking to score something cool for a cheap price. Unless you're looking for a really hard to find item, say something from your childhood. Then I would recommend sites like Amazon, GoHastings, etc. instead. As a seller on the other hand, let's just say that I have a few horror story's that I could tell you. One instance, while I was studying Graphic Design I opened up an ebay store and sold custom made t-shirts and hoodys. The primary color was Black, but I gave customers the option to pick from various colors. Well one day I had an order for one of my hoody's. So I made it. Packaged it. Mailed it and informed the customer it was on it's way and thanked them ever so much for their business. Only to get a very nasty and rude email a few days later saying they did not receive what they ordered. Apparently when they placed their order they requested the hoody in White. Yet when I brought up the invoice and even showed it to them, there was no mention anywhere that they wanted it in White and not the primary Black. After making numerous attempts to satisfy the customer. They were rude, insulted me, and filed a dispute against me over the whole ordeal. When I offered to replace them item with the White hoody, when all they had to do was send the "wrong" hoody back. Which they down right refused to do. Ebay and Paypal then shut down my store, and gave the customer a refund without even investigating(which they're supposed to do/even says so in their damn policy). I then presented Ebay and PayPal proof of the invoice from the customers order, that it in fact did not state anything about a "white hoody" they did nothing! It wasn't until I threatened them with legal action that they retracted the dispute, found in my favor and allowed me to once again do business. And that was just one instance. Many times I have had paypal with hold funds from me, because someone said they didn't get what they paid for. Only to have me fight with them(Paypal and Ebay), showing proof time and time again. Then they refund me the money they illegally with held, and find in my favor. Ebay is a rip off. They charge you 3x to use their services. They charge you to sell stuff(list items), they charge you when you sell an item, and since they own Paypal they charge you a third time to use that service. It's a monopoly and they will violate their own Terms & Service Agreement that you are sworn to uphold time and time again. If I had the money I would put Ebay out of business with competition. After all, why should Ebay make money off of something you bought with your own hard earned money? In the end F**K EBAY!!! 'Nuff said!

• Ds
    DSgamby Apr 16, 2012

The OP is the seller and not the buyer.

• Sunrise-Girl Apr 16, 2012

I purchased a lot of things from Ebay and I'm very satisfied so far. You must choose a seller with good reviews. They are 99% safe and on time.

shirley mclawhorn Mar 15, 2012

was very disappointed with the order

shirley mclawhorn Mar 15, 2012

i bought some face cream, when it arrived the jar was about a third full.i have never had that problem when i bought from a drug store

• Mi
    Micined Mar 09, 2012

I am very unhappy with the high fees and MORE importantly NO SELLER SUPPORT EBAY! The micro-managing on the part of Ebay staff is ridiculous and the seller no longer has any kind of voice but the expectations are constantly raised on the sellers.
    Have I been screwed by Ebay? Nope. No horrible experiences to relate. No hidden agenda. Just wishing the old Ebay (pre-2008) I knew would surface from the rubble.

I do NOT recommend selling to potential new sellers on Ebay. I cannot imagine starting as a seller in their horrible environment as I've been "almost" screwed by buyers by not realizing that Ebay did not have my best interests and had certain DEFAULT settings in my account set so that I could be screwed (and this is after having the same acct with them for over 10 years!) Run, do not walk away from Ebay.

• Pa
    Pamthesenior Jan 31, 2012

I used EBAY>COM web site to list an IPAD. I received emails from Ebay for listing, selling, invoicing, then payment received. The money never arrived in my paypal account. I called and was told if emails sent to my email account were not also in my Ebay messages list, they were spoofs. NONE of the messages were in my messages list. All were spoofs. therefore, Ebay has a totally compromised web site. One of the people I spoke to said spammers do that and Ebay can't do anything about it. So, because Ebay can't manage security on their website, I'm out $480. Thank you Ebay for the expensive lesson. This lady living on soc. Sec will not be trusting Ebay again

dave383 Dec 27, 2011

trying to contact sellers on ebay ( questions about shipping) of different products but ebay only lets sellers have a limited amount of emails for the price why should they be so greedy finding it hard to use ebayl to buy things kijiji 100% better

• Mw
    mweav Oct 31, 2011

Indeed, the ebay stuff cares about their own interests, paying few attention to people problems - as to buyers the same to sellers. That's a pity.

• Bu
    Buyers Beware Read First Oct 27, 2011

I have stop going on ebay.. Don't miss it.

• Af
    Afidey Oct 27, 2011

Very poor service from this site, would never buy again.

• Bi
    BidBuyAlert Jun 30, 2011

Franklin Stayanoff from Wilson, NC does business on eBay as frnkjd and practices unethical business habits.
    He left false negative feedback for a transaction claiming shipping charges were too high, yet I lost money on shipping after fees. What a scam artist - BUYERS & SELLERS BEWARE!!!

Below is his eBay account link:

• Ge
    GeorgiaGirl88 May 14, 2011

I totally agree! I used to sell on ebay. I got ridiculous complaints from people. This one person bought a pair of pajama pants. The picture clearly showed in the picture (and written in the info section) that the item was BLUE. The buyer opened a dispute saying that they had expected the item to be PINK (WTH!?!). Ebay refunded their money back AND ignored my complaints that the buyer never returned the item...I finally got fed up and quit when Paypal spent $80 of my money and had no explanation for me of what they had done with it...a bunch of thieves!

shootersaleen May 13, 2011

I tried to file a claim with paypal to stop the payment, but paypal actually told me they are owned by Ebay, so they wouldn't do anything. They have a nice little monopoly now don't they? Since it was cash in my paypal account from payments I received, not a withdraw from a card or bank account, there is nobody else I can go to to stop it. I agree, Ebay sucks. I've been selling on ebay (for business) for years, and have to admit I often have the opposite problem, ebay tends to favor buyers and not sellers, but in this case it didn't even make sense because the item was totally misrepresented and I did everything I was supposed to as a buyer, and lost the item and my money.

• Ro
    robbiearmstrong May 13, 2011

File with your bank...but if its ANY consolation to you...I QUIT selling on EBAY due to the very OPPOSITE!! So to be honest, I think EBAY has a 3rd party link thats getting the benefits and they resell the "rejects" Im not kidding!!
    Last Christmas I had EBAY say that the "buyer" was unhappy with the BRAND NEW PRODUCTS i shipped them...and that they also did NOT have to return them to me!! WHAT???? And they were removing MY MONEY and refunding the "buyer" WHAT THE HECK?? The buyers, in my case had and have bought from me on buyandsell, trashbank, sell.com, cl, kijiji, etc... and NEVER EVER had problems with any of these faithful "buyers". PAYPAL and EBAY are scammers! Ive said it for a long time now

shootersaleen May 12, 2011

I bought a jacket on ebay described as "brand new" but when I received it, it was old and worn, stained, and had deep scratches in the leather, it was ruined beyond repair and obviously not as the listing described. I had to open a claim with ebay to return it, and I received an email from ebay stating IN WRITING that all I had to do was return the item with a tracking number by a specific date and they would issue my refund within 48 hours of delivery to the seller. I returned the item with tracking confirmation well before the date, and have proof it was delivered. Never received a refund from ebay. I have called them numerous times, and now they are saying that I was supposed to get signature confirmation (even though they told me in writing all I needed was a tracking number) and since they dont have a signature they won't refund my money. I am out the $300 I paid, AND the jacket, so the dishonest seller gets my money and their product! Even though ebay advertises "Buyer Protection" guaranteed, they do not live up to that!!

• Bs
    bstuff Feb 02, 2011

Ebay assist buyers in cheating sellers. This is my personal experience with selling on ebay. First one buyer bought my Sopranos $200 set for $80 and then requested a refund which ebay gave them and when I received the returned item it was a counterfeit copy and ebay customer service told me they couldnt do anything about it. Ebay also returned money to a buyer that complained that it smeeled like smoke and the buyer never returned the item. As well as buying off of ebay and never receiving the item. They also restricted my account and for the last two monthes I have been complaining ang they can't even figure out problems in their own system. I wish their was another site to sell on because I've lost more money then i've made.

• Aa
    aavista Feb 05, 2010

The website appears to be gone after I placed an order 2 days ago. The website has disappear once my credit card was charged. I am not able to get a response from them. I will have to work through visa to try and get the charges reversed. I order from them because they were a recommended site by google.

northwood Dec 31, 2009

hello i used the livehelp on the boxset4less.com website and i got a reply from bianne.cn
    i asked where my boxset was located and she told me:

bianne.cn 12-31 12:38:28
    Thank you for contacting. We are sorry that the item you ordered is out of stock due to the large volume of purchases.
    Sorry for any inconvenience caused. We have cancelled the order and we haven't charged your account yet. We will send you an email when we have it in stock.

does the reply sound a little sketchy? or is there any way i can check if its true?

• Ne
    Nedser Dec 01, 2009

This is the absolute truth, believe me or not. I have recently bought 2 separate boxsets from them, and have not had a problem with them. I will admit that I have only scanned through a few sample discs on each boxset, and have not had a problem with them playing. Maybe time will tell as I sit through all the discs. I had, still have doubts about the authenticity of these boxsets, but regarding monies paid and items received, I have had no problems.

Eddie.

• Ae
    A##e Aug 25, 2009

Stay away from this bogus site??? I should have realised something was up when my computer kept showing warnings for spyware!!! They are not trustworthy and I too will be trying to get my money back. My bank will start the ball rolling, it's the prinicple of the matter. Don't let them get you.

• Ni
    Nixx Aug 19, 2009

I want to warn potential buyers of Movado watches, they are being scammed on ebay auction. They are just selling the fake watches. I paid a huge amount for a good healthy watch which was supposes to receive by me but in fact I received something else. We members are getting stolen from ignorant and unscupolpos sellers on ebay. I am already felt sick by seeing people bid good money on obvious fakes and otherwise suspicious auctions. I bid on Movado watch, my favorite, and felt great whole day I bid on this item. When I received, it was in really bad condtion. Its jewel has come out and one hand was bad screwed and do not agree to move on. Oh!..ebay said that their responsibility gets over once the item is shipped and so they cant help me in anyway. This is purely a scam scam scam! I hate to say that I waste my money on garbage.

Dave Nov 28, 2008

Darn! I hope it is not too late.
    I just submitted an order to Box Sets4 Less for $87.99 about 45 minutes ago as a Chrstmas present for my Dad.

I actually googled them to see if there were any complaints about them before I ordered. I found none.

Unfortunately, I found this Texnic complaint link after I submitted my order.
    It is now 10:15 PM on Thanksgiving evening. I hope I can get to my credit card company before they do and put a stop on payment.

David Tann Nov 21, 2008

Hello !!! Any body there !!! After trying 3 times to confirm my order with these people I finally am losing my temper!!! I sent away for 2 different complete seasons. I will never buy from an unknown again. This is worse than a ripoff, how would he like his head ripped off. Yes I will contract as many people as I can to tell them to stay away from whoever is running this place.

SallyMay123 Oct 29, 2008

I wish I read this complaint board before i bought from boxsets4less. I have experienced the same - no response to email requesting a tracking number. I paid in Australian dollars so I really got ripped off (exchange rate being 1AUD = 0.65USD).

And the person 'D' is such a liar, he/she wrote that they received the DVD and wrote 'payment is on the way' - but you have to pay before you receive the DVD's.

People it's true do not buy from this dodgy website. EBAY - get them off your website!!!

BOXSET4LESS get a real job !!!

• Valerie Oct 28, 2008

On October 15th, I made a payment from my paypal account as I always have. On October 18th, Ebay took the fees out of my Paypal account a second time without my authorization. When I contacted Ebay, I was told it will be 30 days before they can refund my payment back to paypal.

Why is it that they can take my money without me approving the payment in Paypal, and then tell me 30 days to make a refund? This is unacceptable.

James Oct 07, 2008

DO NOT SHOP AT www.boxsets4less.com!!!

I got scammed by this ### and will do everything in my power to sue him. How can he get away with this?

I called my credit card company and started a dispute back when I got the charge. I got refunded the money... but my mind is still not at ease! READ ABOVE! TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE SHOVING MONEY DOWN THEIR POCKETS!