eBay.combought 1992 grand marquese and never received car!

B

On january 23rd I received a phone call from a gentleman by the name of don rahim I became interested in a 1992 grand marquese, I saw on ebay I had only been a member 1 week where someone got hold of my information and bidded on other cars that I did not bid on, which made other members quite upset. So ebay suspended me before they did this I was in the process of buying a car from don rahim at auto exspo. I sent him my money 3, 590.00 byexspress mailon 1/24 08 the shipping cost were included in the 590.00dollars 3,000 was for car payment. Don rahim discovered that I was no longer an registered member and refused to ship the car nor return my money, he has ignored my phone calls he answered the phone everyday during my buying this car from him and has registered the car on his car lot with my insurance information, so someone else in huntinton ny is going to be driving around with my information.in ny whats worst since I am no longer a registered member I take it ebay wont do anything don rahim if this is his real name used the fact that I am no longer an ebay member too exstort money from me. Whats even worst I told him I just lost a car too a dealer that sold my car off his lot because he did not get repair money fast enuogh to work on my car so not only am I out of one car I am out of 3,590.00 and 2 cars I have 2 children in school. I bought this car too replace what happened to the last one its not fair for someone too do this and get away with it my car was my means of transportation for me and my children this man took something from me I worked hard for and its not right.

• Do
    Don Muscarella Apr 14, 2008

I ordered a set of dvds from BOXSETS4less. and Never received them. All emails result in the run around. This company is a rip off an EBAY should be ashamed for advertising them.

• Cm
    C McCaffrey May 06, 2008

I ordered the HBO series OZ 1-6 from BOXSETS4less, and was shipped WHAT WAS CLEARLY an inferior set of DVD's that wouldn't track on my new SONY DVD player. They garantee 100% satisfaction, yet they won't even answer my emails, I'm out $99.95 for a set of garbage that appear to be pirated tapes.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!they will rip you off. I have sent at least 30 emails and get a canned response of you will hear from us within 16 hours, THAT IS A LIE, YOU WILL GET NO RESPONSE.

Darren May 11, 2008

I can't even find an email address for them. Can you help. Sites link dosen't work

Anonymous May 13, 2008

[email protected] is the contact email. I placed an order last week and haven't received any tracking info. Sent an email request yesterday and have yet to get a response. Links don't work on their website.

• Ve
    Vet May 15, 2008

I placed an order from boxsets4less.com 2 weeks ago...no follow up email, no tracking info...nothing. Isn't there anything we can do???

• Pe
    peter May 16, 2008

May I know where this don rahim is from?

• Dj
    dj kabat Jun 01, 2008

hey here is the telephone number for Texnic Industries (Boxsets4less) 508-971-0371

SHAERANNE Jun 03, 2008

SAME THING WITH ME I HATE THIS COMPANY AND THEY SEND GARBAGE. HEY, I GOT ONE RESPONSE BACK FROM SOMEONE FROM BOXSETS4LESS STATING "WE WILL SEND YOU THE REPLACEMENT DISKS, AND NO NEED TO SEND THE DEFECTIVE ONES BACK." AND GUESS WHAT???? WE'RE ON 3 MONTHS NOW AND NOT ONE RESPONSE FROM THEM AGAIN - NO PHONE NUMBER AND NO NAME OF OWNER OR NOTHING!!! ALSO, WHAT IS A SHAME IS THAT I PURCHASED THE SOPRANOS BOX SET FOR MY MOTHER WHO IS DYING OF CANCER AND SHE LOVES THE SOPRANOS AND TO GET HER MIND OFF OF HER CANCER WHILE GOING THROUGH HER CHEMO SESSIONS.. I STATED THIS TO THEM IN 20 EMAILS TO THEM AND NOT A *()*&*) RESPONSE!!! I AM GOING TO FIGHT THEM WITH MY CREDIT CARD TO GET THE MONEY BACK.. tTHEY ALSO CLAIM IN BIG BOLD RED LETTERS ON THEIR WEBSITE THAT THEY "DO NOT TOLERATE PIRATED OR BOOTLEGGED DVD'S." HUH???? SOUNDS FISHY TO ME. WHEN YOU BUY A DVD AT BESTBUY OR MAJOR ELECTRONICS STORES, THE DVD'S ARE CLEAR, CRISP AND DO "NOT" CUT IN AND OUT AND LOOK LIKE THEY ARE RECORDERED OVER ON A CHEAP DVD... ( VERY INTERESTING)

WHAT A SHAME, THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE COMPLETELY ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES... ESPECIALLY IN LIGHT OF THE FACT THAT THEY WRITE THEIR 100% GUARANTY... THEY GUARNTY 100% PIECE OF (**&^^!!! OH- AND EVERY WEEK THEY KEEP LOWERING THE PRICE ON THIS BOX SET - I FIND THIS INTERESTING AS WELL... ALSO IT CAME IN A VERY CHEAP BOX WHICH THE CHEAP FELT CRUMBLED AND FELL APART WHEN WE OPENED IT - AND THE PLASTIC THAT THEY PUT THE DISKS IN I SWEAR TO GOD LOOKS LIKE SARAN WRAP... WHAT A CHEAP DISGRACEFUL COMPANY...

SO PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!! BUYERS BEWARE!!! YOU WILL BE COMPLETELY UPSET WHEN YOU WATCH THESE SKIPPING NON-WORKING DEFECTIVE DISKS!!!

TAKE CARE! AND PLEASE REMEMBER, YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR... ESPECIALLY WITH THIS COMPANY. MY 8 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER COULD HAVE DONE A BETTER JOB...

SHAERANNE Jun 03, 2008

OH ONE MORE THING!!! YOU DO GET A REPLY EMAIL FROM THEM IMMEDIATELY STATING "WE WILL CONTACT YOU WITHIN 16 HOURS." HA HA HA HA HA HA -- I AM STILL AWAITING THEIR RESPONSE AND WE'RE GOING ON OVER 3 MONTHS NOW...

WHAT A JOKE!!! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY... PLEASE. I AM REPORTING THEM TO THE BBB FOR SURE.. I'M SURE THEY HAVE LOTS AND LOTS OF COMPLAINTS... REPORT THEM TO THE BBB AND THEY WILL INVESTIGATE...

GOOD LUCK!!!

• Na
    nat mouvet Jun 04, 2008

Same - I ordered the box set of DEADWOOD. The DVDs jump or don't play at all! I can't access special features. I tried sending them an email and it bounced. How do we warn others NOT to buy from these people?

• So
    Songsistah Jun 13, 2008

************DO NOT ORDER ANY PRODUCTS FROM BOXSETS4LESS.COM***************

I ordered the compete series box set of "Star Trek Voyager" from this "company" as a birthday gift for my boyfriend. The DVD quality is blurry and many of them skip or "digitize", rendering them unwatchable. I, too, have emailed boxsets4less.com/Texnic Industries multiple times, only to receive their automated email response that they would get back to me within 16 hours or less. That was almost 2 months ago. I contacted my credit card company to see if they had any info on Texnic, and they gave me what's supposed to be their phone number (508-971-0371). All I get is an answering machine.

I thought I was safe in ordering from them because of their "satisfaction guaranteed" promise. Lies. This was a painful $116.99 lesson in online ordering.

I'll finish this complaint with one word . . . KARMA!

• Do
    dolores Jul 18, 2008

Like everyone else above, i ordered sopranos dvd for my 16 year old sons b-day...still waiting for a response from them for a month now and his birthday has long passed. Paid for the item, never received the merchandise, emailed them, now i have their phone number (508)971-0371 and i will have my attorney investigate this. they are doing it to everyone. I never received a response or the items that i purchased. Sounds like the items wont work anyway. If any of you have the actual DVD's i suggest holding onto them for evidence, contact the Deptartment of Homeland Security and they will investigate him, then most certainly arrest him. I saw it happen to a tenant of mine before. This is horrible what this guy is doing.

• D
    D Jul 18, 2008

After writing such a horrible complaint earlier today, i received my DVD's and they were perfect. I called the company to apologize and not only did he refund my credit as promised but he wouldnt take the money for the DVD's again. I feel so bad about what I said, but because they weren't returning my emails and calls, i freaked out especially when i saw the other complaints. Anyway, Im trying to get my complaint retracted and the owner did confess that he's had problems with his email service and it is in the process of being corrected. He gets some of the emails but not all. If you have a problem, please continue to try to call him or email him and he will respond.

Thanks Texnic, the DVD's are perfect. If I were you I would try to include an address or phone number on your website so that people will feel more comfortable about buying from you (im sure you already thought of it). Thanks and your payment is on its way!

• Ih
    IhateScammers Aug 11, 2008

To the above person who claims you got the DVDs perfect:

No one believes you. If anything, you are probably one of the scammers who's running the website.

How can so many people have problems, but you suddenly receive perfect DVDs? What a load of crap.

• Ha
    hahahaha Aug 13, 2008

They used to have another website called "www.barginvideo.com"

THEY ARE NOW SUSPENDED!!! IT FEELS SOOOOOOO GOOD.

• Ni
    Nicole Aug 28, 2008

I've had the same problem. Only I received the DVDs and sent them back expecting a refund only to get no response through email. I just tried calling the number, and the number is no longer in service. I hope some one will shut them down!!!

• He
    Helen Sep 11, 2008

Here is the e-mail address to the Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation in Mass.
    File a complaint about this rip off company. I just did.

www.mass.gov/?pageID=ocaterminal&L=5&L0=Home&L1=Consumer&L2=Banks+%26+Banking&L3=Consumer+Complaints+%26+Public+Resources&L4=Complaints&sid=Eoca&b=terminalcontent&f=dob_complaint&csid=Eoca

The address is:
    Texnic Industries ( aka Box Sets 4 Less )
    87 Washington Street
    New Bedford, MA 02740

Phone # 509 999 1530

• He
    Helen Sep 11, 2008

Here is the CORRECT link to the Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation in Mass.
    File a complaint.

www.mass.gov/?pageID=ocautilities&sid=Eoca&U=oca_contact_form

The address is:
    Texnic Industries ( aka Box Sets 4 Less )
    87 Washington Street
    New Bedford, MA 02740

Phone # 509 999 1530

James Oct 07, 2008

DO NOT SHOP AT www.boxsets4less.com!!!

I got scammed by this ### and will do everything in my power to sue him. How can he get away with this?

I called my credit card company and started a dispute back when I got the charge. I got refunded the money... but my mind is still not at ease! READ ABOVE! TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE SHOVING MONEY DOWN THEIR POCKETS!

• Valerie Oct 28, 2008

On October 15th, I made a payment from my paypal account as I always have. On October 18th, Ebay took the fees out of my Paypal account a second time without my authorization. When I contacted Ebay, I was told it will be 30 days before they can refund my payment back to paypal.

Why is it that they can take my money without me approving the payment in Paypal, and then tell me 30 days to make a refund? This is unacceptable.

SallyMay123 Oct 29, 2008

I wish I read this complaint board before i bought from boxsets4less. I have experienced the same - no response to email requesting a tracking number. I paid in Australian dollars so I really got ripped off (exchange rate being 1AUD = 0.65USD).

And the person 'D' is such a liar, he/she wrote that they received the DVD and wrote 'payment is on the way' - but you have to pay before you receive the DVD's.

People it's true do not buy from this dodgy website. EBAY - get them off your website!!!

BOXSET4LESS get a real job !!!

David Tann Nov 21, 2008

Hello !!! Any body there !!! After trying 3 times to confirm my order with these people I finally am losing my temper!!! I sent away for 2 different complete seasons. I will never buy from an unknown again. This is worse than a ripoff, how would he like his head ripped off. Yes I will contract as many people as I can to tell them to stay away from whoever is running this place.

Dave Nov 28, 2008

Darn! I hope it is not too late.
    I just submitted an order to Box Sets4 Less for $87.99 about 45 minutes ago as a Chrstmas present for my Dad.

I actually googled them to see if there were any complaints about them before I ordered. I found none.

Unfortunately, I found this Texnic complaint link after I submitted my order.
    It is now 10:15 PM on Thanksgiving evening. I hope I can get to my credit card company before they do and put a stop on payment.

• Ni
    Nixx Aug 19, 2009

I want to warn potential buyers of Movado watches, they are being scammed on ebay auction. They are just selling the fake watches. I paid a huge amount for a good healthy watch which was supposes to receive by me but in fact I received something else. We members are getting stolen from ignorant and unscupolpos sellers on ebay. I am already felt sick by seeing people bid good money on obvious fakes and otherwise suspicious auctions. I bid on Movado watch, my favorite, and felt great whole day I bid on this item. When I received, it was in really bad condtion. Its jewel has come out and one hand was bad screwed and do not agree to move on. Oh!..ebay said that their responsibility gets over once the item is shipped and so they cant help me in anyway. This is purely a scam scam scam! I hate to say that I waste my money on garbage.

• Ae
    A##e Aug 25, 2009

Stay away from this bogus site??? I should have realised something was up when my computer kept showing warnings for spyware!!! They are not trustworthy and I too will be trying to get my money back. My bank will start the ball rolling, it's the prinicple of the matter. Don't let them get you.

• Ne
    Nedser Dec 01, 2009

This is the absolute truth, believe me or not. I have recently bought 2 separate boxsets from them, and have not had a problem with them. I will admit that I have only scanned through a few sample discs on each boxset, and have not had a problem with them playing. Maybe time will tell as I sit through all the discs. I had, still have doubts about the authenticity of these boxsets, but regarding monies paid and items received, I have had no problems.

Eddie.

northwood Dec 31, 2009

hello i used the livehelp on the boxset4less.com website and i got a reply from bianne.cn
    i asked where my boxset was located and she told me:

bianne.cn 12-31 12:38:28
    Thank you for contacting. We are sorry that the item you ordered is out of stock due to the large volume of purchases.
    Sorry for any inconvenience caused. We have cancelled the order and we haven't charged your account yet. We will send you an email when we have it in stock.

does the reply sound a little sketchy? or is there any way i can check if its true?

• Aa
    aavista Feb 05, 2010

The website appears to be gone after I placed an order 2 days ago. The website has disappear once my credit card was charged. I am not able to get a response from them. I will have to work through visa to try and get the charges reversed. I order from them because they were a recommended site by google.

• Bs
    bstuff Feb 02, 2011

Ebay assist buyers in cheating sellers. This is my personal experience with selling on ebay. First one buyer bought my Sopranos $200 set for $80 and then requested a refund which ebay gave them and when I received the returned item it was a counterfeit copy and ebay customer service told me they couldnt do anything about it. Ebay also returned money to a buyer that complained that it smeeled like smoke and the buyer never returned the item. As well as buying off of ebay and never receiving the item. They also restricted my account and for the last two monthes I have been complaining ang they can't even figure out problems in their own system. I wish their was another site to sell on because I've lost more money then i've made.

shootersaleen May 12, 2011

I bought a jacket on ebay described as "brand new" but when I received it, it was old and worn, stained, and had deep scratches in the leather, it was ruined beyond repair and obviously not as the listing described. I had to open a claim with ebay to return it, and I received an email from ebay stating IN WRITING that all I had to do was return the item with a tracking number by a specific date and they would issue my refund within 48 hours of delivery to the seller. I returned the item with tracking confirmation well before the date, and have proof it was delivered. Never received a refund from ebay. I have called them numerous times, and now they are saying that I was supposed to get signature confirmation (even though they told me in writing all I needed was a tracking number) and since they dont have a signature they won't refund my money. I am out the $300 I paid, AND the jacket, so the dishonest seller gets my money and their product! Even though ebay advertises "Buyer Protection" guaranteed, they do not live up to that!!

• Ro
    robbiearmstrong May 13, 2011

File with your bank...but if its ANY consolation to you...I QUIT selling on EBAY due to the very OPPOSITE!! So to be honest, I think EBAY has a 3rd party link thats getting the benefits and they resell the "rejects" Im not kidding!!
    Last Christmas I had EBAY say that the "buyer" was unhappy with the BRAND NEW PRODUCTS i shipped them...and that they also did NOT have to return them to me!! WHAT???? And they were removing MY MONEY and refunding the "buyer" WHAT THE HECK?? The buyers, in my case had and have bought from me on buyandsell, trashbank, sell.com, cl, kijiji, etc... and NEVER EVER had problems with any of these faithful "buyers". PAYPAL and EBAY are scammers! Ive said it for a long time now

shootersaleen May 13, 2011

I tried to file a claim with paypal to stop the payment, but paypal actually told me they are owned by Ebay, so they wouldn't do anything. They have a nice little monopoly now don't they? Since it was cash in my paypal account from payments I received, not a withdraw from a card or bank account, there is nobody else I can go to to stop it. I agree, Ebay sucks. I've been selling on ebay (for business) for years, and have to admit I often have the opposite problem, ebay tends to favor buyers and not sellers, but in this case it didn't even make sense because the item was totally misrepresented and I did everything I was supposed to as a buyer, and lost the item and my money.

• Ge
    GeorgiaGirl88 May 14, 2011

I totally agree! I used to sell on ebay. I got ridiculous complaints from people. This one person bought a pair of pajama pants. The picture clearly showed in the picture (and written in the info section) that the item was BLUE. The buyer opened a dispute saying that they had expected the item to be PINK (WTH!?!). Ebay refunded their money back AND ignored my complaints that the buyer never returned the item...I finally got fed up and quit when Paypal spent $80 of my money and had no explanation for me of what they had done with it...a bunch of thieves!

• Bi
    BidBuyAlert Jun 30, 2011

Franklin Stayanoff from Wilson, NC does business on eBay as frnkjd and practices unethical business habits.
    He left false negative feedback for a transaction claiming shipping charges were too high, yet I lost money on shipping after fees. What a scam artist - BUYERS & SELLERS BEWARE!!!

Below is his eBay account link:

• Af
    Afidey Oct 27, 2011

Very poor service from this site, would never buy again.

• Bu
    Buyers Beware Read First Oct 27, 2011

I have stop going on ebay.. Don't miss it.

• Mw
    mweav Oct 31, 2011

Indeed, the ebay stuff cares about their own interests, paying few attention to people problems - as to buyers the same to sellers. That's a pity.

dave383 Dec 27, 2011

trying to contact sellers on ebay ( questions about shipping) of different products but ebay only lets sellers have a limited amount of emails for the price why should they be so greedy finding it hard to use ebayl to buy things kijiji 100% better

• Pa
    Pamthesenior Jan 31, 2012

I used EBAY>COM web site to list an IPAD. I received emails from Ebay for listing, selling, invoicing, then payment received. The money never arrived in my paypal account. I called and was told if emails sent to my email account were not also in my Ebay messages list, they were spoofs. NONE of the messages were in my messages list. All were spoofs. therefore, Ebay has a totally compromised web site. One of the people I spoke to said spammers do that and Ebay can't do anything about it. So, because Ebay can't manage security on their website, I'm out $480. Thank you Ebay for the expensive lesson. This lady living on soc. Sec will not be trusting Ebay again

• Mi
    Micined Mar 09, 2012

I am very unhappy with the high fees and MORE importantly NO SELLER SUPPORT EBAY! The micro-managing on the part of Ebay staff is ridiculous and the seller no longer has any kind of voice but the expectations are constantly raised on the sellers.
    Have I been screwed by Ebay? Nope. No horrible experiences to relate. No hidden agenda. Just wishing the old Ebay (pre-2008) I knew would surface from the rubble.

I do NOT recommend selling to potential new sellers on Ebay. I cannot imagine starting as a seller in their horrible environment as I've been "almost" screwed by buyers by not realizing that Ebay did not have my best interests and had certain DEFAULT settings in my account set so that I could be screwed (and this is after having the same acct with them for over 10 years!) Run, do not walk away from Ebay.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices