Complaints & Reviews

scam and cheating!

I went to dunkin donuts in clinton, nj and every time I go there the coffee is watered down and it taste like...

eating while serving customers!

I was Ordering at dunkin donuts (pc#332985 Bondsville, Ma) and the worker serving me was eating an ice cream cone, and she had also not followed the order correctly. I had ordered a small milkey way hot chocolate with whipped cream and she had giving it to me with out the whipped cream so i gave it back and also i am not sure if i even got a milky way hot choclate because on my receipt it had said i order a small white hot chocolate and this was my first time ordering a milky way hot chocolate so i was not sure if it was because it was new and they had not upgraded there cash register. The main reason was because of her eating while serving food.

Mandy Mar 01, 2008

As far as dunkin donuts complaints go. Some are better than others. I always serve the customers with a good attitude but more often than not the customers are extremely rude and treat me like dirt. They are a bunch of fu**ing caffeine addicts that come in feeding thier addiction and scream at me if they don't get it perfect. I had a man throw his coffee over the counter because I made his coffee "too light" supposedly when he clearly told me that he wanted extra extra cream and I even repeated his order back to him. I get several customers a day like that. I work my 8 hour shifts with not a single break and still serve the customers while working in an understaffed very busy store. The customers at drive will yell hello in my ear the very second they come up at drive through. Even when there are only two people on that shift and we have a huge line at counter and another at drive through. Managment should be contacted more often than not it is not the fault of the employees. People just dont give a ### anymore. And I will not be treated like crap when I work my ### off to keep a roof over my head.

• Ro
    robert Mar 09, 2008

Because of the customer you have a job. dont get mad just because you didnt finish school. thats way your there who are you mad at I hope yourself.

Terrible service!

I went to Dunkin Donuts (Tremont St, Boston, MA) store on 12/26 evening around 5pm to buy a $20 gift card...

poor quality product!

Well lets see since this Dunkin Donuts has opened I have visited quit a few times. Every single time i go...

cashier splashed up and hit me with the coffee!

On 10/06/07 I went to Dunkin Donuts in Penn Yan NY. I went to the drive through window. I ordered 3 Cappachinos. As the cashier handed them to me through the window the hot cappachino's splashed up and hit me in the face and all over my arm. The cashier did not so much as offer an apology. I am unable to go to management and speak to them as they all barely speak english. The last time I tried ordering from there it took 15 minutes for them to figure out what I was ordering.

I will let my attorney handle this.

• Al
    Allan Combs Nov 10, 2007

That's unfortunate, you're likely to get nothing out of this settlement. Also, there is probably no proof considering the cameras were probably blocked by the cashiers body. This is the case in my store. They will delay the case until you quit. Good luck!

poor service and inconvenience!

Last night, once again I went to the Dunkin Donuts located on Rt. 30 Rd. in North Versailes PA and once again their were only maybe 15 donuts in the entire store which are kinds I don't like. Also, they have the same problem with the bagels, but, this has been going on since the N. Versailes store was remodeled what 2 or 3 years ago. This is the 5th time at this location. Also, I have had the same problem at the location on Rt. 30 in Irwin PA. just in the past few weeks, once I went on a Thursday night to the Irwin location, then on Friday and Saturday to the N. Versailes location in the same week and every time no donuts. They are open 24 hrs. a day, which they use to always have donuts no matter what time you would stop in. I am stopping around 10 pm or so. Since I only stop by 1-2 times a week, I suspect these stores have had no donuts probably when I haven’t stopped. When I ask to speak to a manager or owner and one never seems to be around. The only answer I get is we only make Donuts certain times a day which the Donuts are not ready until 2 or 3 in the morning, both stores are owned by the same person and the Donuts are made at the N. Versailes store. The first time this happened I stopped on a Saturday night around 10 or 10:30 I was told the donuts would be ready in an hour. I waited an hour and was told oh they would be out in a few minutes and they were not another half hour went by to get a person to talk to. Then I was told the donuts would not be ready until 2 or 3 in the morning after waiting an hour an half for a donut. I walked out with no donuts and wasted an hour and half of my time. So now I ask for the owner or manager and get no one and walk out angry and disappointed. Every time I am told we were busy today so I guess this means they are busy all the time and never have donuts that makes a lot of sense. I remember the commercials that say it is time to make the donuts which means you should have donuts when you are open at all times. This means if you are open 24 hours a day you should have a verity of donuts 24 hours a day not just 2 in morning or 2 in the afternoon. This is like going to McDonalds and them telling me we don't have a Big Mac we only make them certain times a day. I have been told at 2 in the afternoon is the best time to get donuts. I work for a living over 12 hours 6 days a week. I do not have time to stop in when there might be donuts available. I go out of my way to get donuts from Dunkin Donuts and I do not appreciate them no having donuts any time I stop. I have not been able to get one donut in weeks to a month. Do you realize how much money is being lost and how many customers you are loosing. This mean not just these 2 locations, but, your name all over the world and all locations, just because of 2 stores never having donuts. I think someone should know what poor customer service these stores are giving since I am sure this is not the way Dunkin Donuts wants to be represented.

Other people have been talking about problems they have been having with these stores and are now going elsewhere for their donuts like crispy cremes. I don’t want to go elsewhere so I am writing to you with the hope that you would look into this franchise and rectify the situation so we can all go back to patronizing Dunkin Donuts. I will never go to Dunkin Donuts again any where I travel if the next time I go and they have no donuts. See I work for a trading company and deal with people all over the world and travel all over the world and all of them come here for meetings which I bring Dunkin Donuts to. Which they love and are not happy when I don't bring them which just happened this past week. So I am also having this problem at 8 in the morning.

Sincerely
Shannan

• Ka
    Kathleen Vivian Jan 28, 2007

Last night, once again I went to the Dunkin Donuts located on Rt. 30 Rd. in North Versailes PA and once again their were only maybe 15 donuts in the entire store which are kinds I don't like. Also, they never have bagels. This is the 3rd time at this location I have had the same problem. They are open 24 hrs. a day, which they use to always have donuts no matter what time you would stop in. I am stopping around 10 pm or so. Since I only stop by 1 time a week, I suspect these stores have had no donuts probably when I haven’t stopped. When I ask to speak to a manager or owner and one never seems to be around. The only answer I get is we only make Donuts certain times a day which the Donuts are not ready until 2 or 3 in the morning. I am always told we were busy today so I guess this means they are busy all the time and never have donuts that makes a lot of sense. I remember the commercials that say it is time to make the donuts which means you should have donuts when you are open at all times. This means if you are open 24 hours a day you should have a verity of donuts 24 hours a day not just 2 in morning or 2 in the afternoon. This is like going to Burger King and them telling me we don't have a Whopper we only make them certain times a day. I have been told at 2 in the afternoon is the best time to get donuts. I do not have time to stop in when there might be donuts available. I go out of my way to get donuts from Dunkin Donuts and I do not appreciate them no having donuts any time I stop. I have not been able to get one donut in weeks to a month. I think someone should know what poor customer service these stores are giving since I am sure this is not the way Dunkin Donuts wants to be represented.

Kathy

poor customer service

Today, once again I went to the Dunkin Donuts located on Randall Rd. in Geneva Illinois and the doors were locked. In the past few weeks I can count three separate occasions when I visited this store and found several people in the parking lot waiting to get in the store at 6:00 a.m. They used to be open 24 hrs. a day, now they dropped the night shift and are supposed to be open at 5:00 a.m. which they can’t seem to accomplish. Since I only stop by 2-3 times a week, I suspect this store has probably been closed on days when I haven’t stopped. When I ask to speak to a manager one never seems to be around. I think someone should know what poor customer service this store is giving since I am sure this is not the way Dunkin Donuts wants to be represented.

I work at a large hospital and other people have been talking about problems they have been having with this store and are now going elsewhere for their morning coffee. I don’t want to go elsewhere so I am writing to you with the hope that you would look into this franchise and rectify the situation so we can all go back to patronizing Dunkin Donuts.

Sincerely,

Linda

stupid commercial!

Dunkin Donuts has the stupidest new advertisement ever, and therefore I will never buy from their establishment again. They got a bunch of dumb zombies who shop at Wal-Mart everyday to sing this annoying song about how the names of the coffee were surprisingly foreign, and they were all like "Is it French, or is it Italian? Perhaps Fratalian?" Dumb, and certainly unremarkable. What happened to the fat guy with a mustache that used to do the Dunkin Donuts commercial? This just proves that the company has gone downhill.

• Ke
    Keith Dec 14, 2006

I cannot disagree more. I miss the days when you could walk into the local coffee store and ask for a medium without looking like you have been in a cave for the last five years. Venti and grande are not in my vocabulary as sizes for a reason. I'm grumpy enough before my first cup of coffee without having to consult a lexicon!

• Al
    Al Nye Dec 22, 2006

Disagree totally. I loved the commercial. Really, any commercial that makes me smile rates high in my book.

Besides, I hate going to Starbucks and asking for their Grande. In fact, I don't. I just say "give me a medium black coffee."

• Ag
    agreed Feb 24, 2008

EVERYONE understands a starbucks menu now and it hasn't changed much in 10 years. Even if you don't like ordering a "grande" - I certainly don't, so i agree with you guys, Keith and Al - I still know what it means.

But the premise of the commercial is really dated. There's no sense of Wha? anymore when someone says their starbucks drink order. The whole "Double grande skinny mocha no-whip extra sugar latte with one pump of hazelnut" joke is really early-Friends era.

To top it off, Dunkin still calls its drink a "latte." And I get that there's no "regular" equivalent, but word - the Italian for milk - seems really odd and out of place when juxtaposed RIGHT after a riff on how much stupid Americans hate foreign words.

• Da
    Dave T. Apr 16, 2009

Ware, Massachusetts - I bought a medium coffee and a muffin and gave the girl at the drive-thru $ 20.00 and I got back $ 3.75 instead of 13.75. I went back the next day and the store manager gave me the run around and said there was nothing he could. He then told me to leave a name and number and the main office would look into it. The manager had a personality of a old used work-boot. No apology or "geez here`s some coupons for your troubles". He said the till was correct yesterday morning when the girl cashed out, basicly calling me a liar and a kook. I will never go to Dunkin Doughnuts again. You think a company that makes billions a year would be more curtious.

low customer treatment

I went to Odenton area visiting my friend on Oct 16, 2006. And I stopped by Dunkin Donuts drive thru for two large coffees at in between 9:30 thru 10:00am. I gave one 20 dollar bill to the casher, and she only gave me $6.xx back to me, so I told casher that I about that , then she was telling me that I only gave her 10 dollar bill, of course her punched in 10 dollars, she told my to pull my car to the side. Then few minutes she came out and wants me to leave my contact number, and then she will let me know if she is wrong I can come back anytime. I went home and call the store manager, the manager told me the cashier put the money in to right place, this is the problem bother me, the manager was not stand beside her, how can he said she is right, and he also telling me some customer always think they are right. He said he can't count the drawer now, they needed to follow the routine, they check the drawer at 2:00 pm, and he will call me for result. He called me back around near two, and said to me they already check the drawer and there is only extra $4 in draw not $10, he said he can check the video tape to check, he called me back and said can't find anything to proof but he will pay $10 back to me and I can stop by tomorrow.

I went down there this morning about at 9:40, the staff told me that manager will not be in at noon, she said the drawer was correct yesterday, I told her the story, and come back afternoon. I told them I'm coming back I left my name, phone number and address and ask them send me a check, staff said she will let him call me. I have not received anything from them.

I complaint this is not for only 10 bucks, is how they treat customer and don't try to result the problem.

Szu

• Ta
    TAMI STPIERRE Oct 17, 2007

I work for a Dunkin Donuts in Lewiston maine and my manager is really mean to us workers, she fires people for a reason we dont think is right and to top it off she comes to work smelling like the alcohol she had to drink the night before... we have tried talking to our general manager and he does the same threatens our jobs... if I myself didnt have a family to support I would have walked long ago... is there somebody we can have look into these matters without losing our jobs.

Jose Ortiz Oct 24, 2007

The dunking donuts in Bloomfield ave next to staples in Bloomfield,NJ has a very poor service. Its bathrooms are disgusting. The manager can't even speak English nor can't serve a costumer. He has a very bad attitude toward the workers and the costumers. The service is slow, and they don't have enough people in the counter. It is a shame that the service of this store has change so fast. It looks like as if the manger of the store was not certificated by Dunkin Donuts.

Please attend to this matter as soon as possible.

Sincerly, a daily costumer!

• Da
    Darcy Summer Sep 10, 2008

I visited the Dunkin Donuts at Alafaya Trail in Orlando Florida a couple of times and witnessed many flies flying around the store and even landing on donuts. The service was terrible and it was all due to the store manager giving the employees a hard time and not acknowledging there hard work. They all looked miserable to work there. I waited close to 15 minutes to get an egg and cheese croissantwich and ended up with someone elses order. The store manager had a terrible attitude and didn't seem to care about the store being unsanitary. It will be the last visit to that Dunkin Donuts for me.

decline in donut quality complaint!

This is the second week in a row that we've noticed a decline in product quality at Dunkin Donut...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices