Drive Timescam and cheating

My boyfriend has had a long history with Drive Time, and let's just say that none of it has been happy. We are planning to file a class action lawsuit against Drive Time, Ugly Duckling and Kars Yes. We have already contacted a lawyer and have excellent grounds for this. We need as many people as possible to take part, and hopefully rectify all the wrongs done by them. If you are a dissatisfied customer and wish to join in the lawsuit, please contact me through the rebuttal key with your story and phone number and mailing address, so that I may get in contact with you.

They need to pay for what they have been able to get away with!

• As
    Ashley Butts Sep 23, 2020

I want In. [email protected]

• Ty
    Tytymm Jun 15, 2019

Please include me they told me i could trade in car after 2 years just to find out that is not possible and noone cares what i was told when buying the car even though it was all recorded they keep transferring me to someone else who transfers me to someone else and so on my email is [email protected]

• Ly
    LyneaNea May 27, 2019

Please include me email address is [email protected] I was not happy with them at all from the beginning right after we brought the car home we started having issues with it over heating the O2 sensors going out and when we called them about it they said they couldn’t do anything about it and couldn’t take the car back till it had $1, 000 to $2, 000 left owed on it and these problems have been since I first got the car

• Gl
    Glenndana05 May 14, 2019

Please include me. Email address is [email protected] They are threatening to come get my car because of an issue with registration and I made payments to bridgecrest on time and am not in default on my contract and am still within the 45 days that sc gives to register the car yet I was told to hand over paperwork to them in 24 hours or return the car. On what grounds... I’m hiring a lawyer tomorrow!

Matt30 Apr 26, 2019

If this is still going on let me in, i made my car payment but for some reason they never put my payment threw i was waiting and waiting an it got to 8pm i got the email saying my bank cleared the payment hours ago but drive time never put it in there system a lady was like oh i guess the person before forgot let me help you out and put it in the system for you and next night my car got repoed the tow driver said drive time said get it cause they never got the payment but i got my emails saying they did an the confirmed account number saying they did get the payment so im out a car an car payment now an now drive time saying oh you gotta pay more even though you already paid .

My email is [email protected] if you need to write me

• Ni
    Nikkiupset Mar 16, 2018

Please add me to the list! My story isnt much different then the other previous complaints. They charge interest fee's in the same amount as the car! I have been paying thousands of dollars on on my car for years. Come to find out I have only paid about $1600.00 un total towards the principle. The other several of thousands I have paid are going towards the interest.

• Th
    Thebest10 Feb 21, 2018

Is this still going on. From a 14k car that the sold me 3 years later i still owe them 16k add me to it if still going on [email protected]

• Sp
    Spivey19 Feb 17, 2018

I’m in the same situation as everyone one else, however it’s even worse as I have paid for my vehicle for almost 3 years & now I find out my payoff is more than twice what the vehicle is worth. Omg I’m just sick as now I’m in a better credit situation but being so upside down in the vehicle that keeps giving me problems & of course none of it’s covered under their so called warranty. So please do add me to whatever suit you are able to bring against them. It’s sickening how they price gouge people who are going through a tough time.

Peggy Hagerman

• Su
    Supergt116 Nov 13, 2017

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm in deep for wanting a cheap SUV from drive time. I didn't exist on the "credit" map yet so i went there as i saw a commercial on ESPN. Long story short, i am completely unsatisfied with, not only the vehicle they screwed me with, but the actual loan. The whole situation is so messed up and i can only imagine how people feel when the situation is even worse. My email is [email protected] I will respond with any info you may need.

• Je
    Jennifer Lynn Overton May 08, 2017

I agree whole heartedly. My husband went to buy me a car as as gift. He came home with a car similar to what I wanted, when I read about the terms, conditions, and the stuff they got him to add on, I was like $30, 000 for a $10, 000 car. No way. I'm beyond pissed. He has a higher than a credit card interest rate and he paid like $1500 down. Complete insanity and in my opinion, they need to be shut down. They will help you regardless of credit. Hopefully, you have bad credit already, cause you aren't going to be able to make payments that high, ours are $225 every two weeks for over 5 years. That's the price of a new car, actually higher. My sister bought a 17 gonna accord with the bells and whistles, paid nothing down, and her payments are $386 a month. I want to be included in This lawsuit.

• Br
    Brandi3795 Aug 02, 2017

@Jennifer Lynn Overton Please add me. [email protected] New transmission after 2 weeks of having the car. Had spend money on a rental. Car note coming up for a car I have been unable to drive. What a rip off. Sold me a lemon. I'm getting the run around from everyone.

• Me
    Megan P Apr 26, 2017

Please add me to the list. The predatory lending practice is absolutely horrible.

• Km
    Kmsanders2012 Apr 19, 2017

Please include me [email protected] I even have proof of illegal practices they used to get me to drive off in their vehicle before I could even be approved!

• Mr
    MrCiroc24 Mar 21, 2017

I want in on the lawsuit! I can't refinance this care due to high mileage. Also I can't trade it in because I owe 15000 on it at 24% interest.. someone please contact me! [email protected] [protected]

• Cr
    crucian princess Nov 13, 2016

They ripped my off some how i still own them 10000 after 5 months paying on my loan and they car is only valve 2800 thats crazy

• St
    Stewart1226 Sep 22, 2016

We bought a Ford suv from Drive time. It went fine until they became Bridgecrest. We have made double payments on some. About 2 months ago we got an email about A month ago saying they wanted us to do a loan modification, we did not request. When we said we didn't request or want the modification, because there was no need for it, they started blowing up the phone saying we were late and we owed money, each time it was a different amount, next thing we know, the car is gone. They have repossessed it to another city. I called Bridgecrest, they would not let me speak to the person we had been speaking to, because apparently the car was in redemption. They would not let me prove that we had made the correct amounts of payments, they even said we were 178 days behind because we missed a payment on May 21(we didn't miss a payment in may and it hasn't been 178 days since May 21st) We actually don't have one due on that day. The customer service rep refused to talk to me about the loan. He wouldn't give me my payment history, only that we had missed that one payment. All he would talk about is redemption, and that I owed him $1200 to et the car back. After reading every ones horror stories, I'm afraid to give them anymore money, because I'm afraid they still wont release my car, or worse come back later and pick it back up. Any help and info you could give is much appreciated. Should I pay and pray they release my car, or just take the loss and let them keep it. Please help! They need to be sued, this cant be legal. [email protected]

• Ri
    rissaj2222 Sep 21, 2016

Hi I live in Vegas I financed a 2011 Toyota Camry about October of 2015 it is now Sept of 2016 I have now realized I cannot trade in my vehicle anywhere because I am upside down on my loan. My car is worth something like $5, 000 now and I owe over $16, 000 on the car. My APR is 22.4% I have totatlly been ripped off and I am more than upset about this. I am thinking about giving them their car back asap. Drive Time is fraudulant!!
    Marissa
    Las Vegas Nv

John Owings Aug 26, 2016

First off I'm approved for 20, 000 ..lol bring 600.00 with you for down payment on, a bill in my name . drivers license ok all done ask before I came down I'll need a 250 dollars no problem . Waste my damn time. Don't tell me yes yes yes get me down there tell me 400 to almost 600. Bring a manager over to tell me for thousands and thousands and thousands down we can get you a 250.00 payment. I'm like ok if we can't, do 250.00 we ain't doing business . what this click doesn't understand Is I have a 42000.00 Harley Davidson . waste my time with a half used up used car with carp paint and tired needed replace for 16000. You all have some nerve wasting my time . I'll be filing a consumer complaint with the division of finance . Laughs on me . like that manager had ten dollars in the bank don't need anything from a place doing business like Drive time.

• Sd
    Sdeloach34 Aug 21, 2016

I bought a 2011 Kia from them and one time I looked at my pay off and it was 15, 000 and then a week later I looked at it and it went up to 17, 000 not sure how that is possible considering I make most of my payments on time. I may have been a little late here and there but not enough to go up 2, 000 I looked at it yesterday and it was 16, 100 not sure how that is but. Then when I was late the constantly called wouldn't leave a message half the time like they think by not leaving a message doesn't leave a trail of them calling and I mean like up to I know give it SIX times a day and that's after I spoke with them and let them know when I was going to make a payment.

• Cr
    cris39 Aug 03, 2016

I brought a 2008 chevy trailblazer from them and for the last 6 months I have been trying to get them to change by due dates on truck payments and have been steady getting the run around since I have had my truck I have had to put money into it when they claimed it had only one owner and never been in an accident. Now that I am I payment behind they are constantly blowing up my phone after I had explained to them my circumstances. Count me in . [email protected]

• Le
    Lesley Shannon Jul 27, 2016

I'm all in...
    Bought a Dodge from drive time in October of 2015, no problem until January of 2016:battery $212, 4 weeks later ;alternator $100, 3weeks starter $100, 4weekd later fuel pump$100, 2 months later Battery $260 : 2 days later car won't start... Frustrated

• Li
    Lisa Shivers Jul 14, 2016

Please add me

• Cu
    CUSTOMER IN BUENA PARK, CA. Jul 14, 2016

DRIVETIME, WHAT A JOKE. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. FROM THE BEGINNING, I'VE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THIS FINANCE COMPANY. I HAVE RECENTLY RUN INTO SOME FINANCIAL PROBLEMS WHERE I WAS HAVING TROUBLE MAKING MY PAYMENTS. I DISCUSSED THIS ISSUE WITH THEM AND THEY WERE OF LITTLE TO KNOW HELP AT ALL. TWO CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES, MARY HOPPER AND CYNTHIA MURILLO WERE THE WORST. THEY CONSTANTLY HARRASSED ME WITH PHONE CALLS AT MY WORK. AND THIS WAS AFTER I TOLD THEM THAT I NEED TO DO A VOLUNTARY RESPOSSESSION. AND THEY STILL HAVE NOT COME TO GET THE CAR. THEY KEEP HARRASSING ME WITH EMAILS AND PHONE CALLS. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER PURCHASE A CAR THROUGH THIS COMPANY. YOU'LL BE SORRY YOU DID. THEY ARE THE WORST. LITTLE MISS MARY HAD THE BALLS TO TELL ME, DIDN'T YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WERE GETTING YOURSELF IN TO? FTER ALMOST (3) YEARS OF MAKING MY PAYMENTS ON TIME AND THIS IS HOW THEY TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS. I'D RATHER TAKE THE BUS.

• Ck
    CKiser Jul 14, 2016

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM DRIVE TIME IS YOU CAN AVOID IT
    I purchased a vehicle from Drive Time because I had some credit problems. If you are ONE DAY late on your payment, LOOK OUT - the calls will start: 2-3 times a day on my cell phone and 2-3 times a day at work AND they call everyday and ask you same thing that they asked the day before!!! One time, a Mr Sheppard called me cell phone and left a message and did not hang up and ran out the entire length of time I had on my voicemail and used about 5 minutes of my cell time and I am convinced that he did this on purpose. They will threaten to take your vehicle if you only past due one payment.
    PLEASE, PLEASE, if you can find ANYOTHER way to obtain an automobile, I highly recommend you do so and AVOID DRIVE TIME if at all possible

• Zo
    ZoeC Jul 14, 2016

DRIVE TIME is just horrible. I bought a car April of 2008, had to bring it in two days after I bought the car because it rained and I found leak in the sunroof. My car was made into a mini pool. Took it to Drive Time and they sent me to a shop to fix the matter. It happened again and they fixed it again. Two months after that, the sunroof would not open!!! Of course Drive Time refused to fix it and told me I was responsible for it. I was ok with it... but in August of 2008 I moved to Georgia, November of 2008 my car would not pass inspection. Drive Time told me that I can pay a mechanic to bring the car into their shop, charge me $40.00 and then that if the car is faulty I can pay $1, 000.00 deposit to fix the car and then another $1, 000.00 to get the car out the shop! WTH!!! I refused, called the general manager back in NC and told him what happened. The GM told me he would help me, I hope so because he was always trying to take me out to dinner. Two weeks and the GM avoided my calls, screened my call and after a month I was pissed. I refused to pay anything to this company that was making me go in circles. After refusing to pay for a month, I got a call from the corporation, They wanted to work out a payment plan. I refused told them whats going on and they said they would look into it. Two weeks later the same person called to ask was I was going to pay... of course refused. Told them Ill turn the car in or they can come get it... they kept calling me trying to get me to keep the car... 5 months later they finally came and got the car. I get a letter in the mail, I owe them 11grand, and then 3 weeks after that they sent me another letter this time certified to let me know my car was sold in auction. This company is just HORRIBLE and I wouldn't even let my worse enemy sign up with them. They really need to be stopped and now I have 11, 865 on my credit that I can't shake off because of this company.

• Mo
    Monique Frey-Jackson Jul 14, 2016

I spoke with a representative at drive time about the deferment program (Which i have done before) , it is a program where they move a payment to the end of the loan, because there is work that is needed to be done on a vehicle. I was told by the representative that they had already started the process of putting the payment through, so I said let me see if I can call my bank and put a stop on the check, I have a good relationship with my bank. If I can, I will then pay for the car, and fax over to the dept. The receipt showing that i paid for it, and he said ok. My bank was able to do it, they put the stop in, charged my acct. $20 and i was happy. Now this dept. Is saying that this came back as nsf, and they are also saying that it went in as a stop. The acct wa snot nsf, it was a stop put on it, i have proof that funds were available, and they are saying that they will not allow me to be a part of this program because of the nsf. . . Not true. . . Bad communication, poor customer service on their end, and I am almost done with this loan, in fact, I am only hundreds away and we thought about doing it again with this company, getting another car, but there is no way that I will do that at this point.

As a customer, you should always take care of your customers, especially someone who has been with you for a long time. The manager in this dept. Referred me to a lionel who is in collections or something, but i made it clear that i need to speak directly to an administrator of drivetime at this point to get some good service. . I'm the customer. . You should always keep your customer happy, or else you will find that you are losing business from both that customer and their referrals. . .

• Cu
    customfit Jun 29, 2016

I bought a car from drive time 10 months ago. The selling price was under 12, 000 and I did the paperwork and received keys before I realized my payments were almost 430.00 monthly. Ive made every payment on time for these 10 months and I decided to get a bank loan with less interest to reduce my payments. I called drive time to get payoff price and they said it was still 15, 000! The bluebook price for car at best is 6, 000.. So even after paying 5000 they say I still almost 3x what the car is worth. I even tried dropping the extended warranty that cost me well over 3000 to reduce my payments and they said even if I drop warranty my monthly payment will not change.. I've had all kinds of costly problems with car that is never covered under warranty. To sum it up, I have to pay 430.00 a month for three more years on a lemon that in end I will be paying 4x what it's worth. They should not be able to get away with ripping hard working people off like that. Where do I sign up?

• Al
    Alvina Brown Jun 13, 2016

My 18000 Dodge Journey ended up costing me over 30000 my payments are 488 and my interest is 27% which is ridiculous I cant trade it in and I been fixing things on it since the first month I bought it equaling over 5000 in repairs not including regular maintenance in just a yr. Please include me in the lawsuit. [email protected]

• Re
    Rescue Peeps May 12, 2016

I have had a car from them for two years and make payments twice a month. My online account shows a payment due amount that is 45 dollars lower than what the payment ends up being when I do the online payment option with Western Union. It never makes any sense. I've never missed any payments with the company. I do not understand why the account says one thing, but when the payment is processed via Western Union it comes out to be over 40 dollars more each and every time. I would have no problem if that went straight to the principal, but it does not. And, yes, getting a car from Drivetime AKA Bridgecrest (their new name), will keep you in financial slavery. You will NOT be able to trade it in unless you have a good deal of cash to bridge any negative equity. You MIGHT be able to refinance it, but you will have to do a lot of footwork to find someone willing to work a deal, again be prepared for the "upside down" part of it. I have not had any of the mechanical issues that lots of people on here are reporting, but the report that they give you on the vehicle is wrong. I realized my car was a fleet too after I pulled a Carfax. Bottom-line, get the VIN on the vehicle, pull a Carfax of your own, BEFORE signing anything. Drivetime/Bridgecrest does serve a purpose and if you need a car they WILL finance just about anyone as long as you have a job. BUT DO YOUR HOMEWORK on the type of car you can honestly afford and run a Carfax before allowing them to pressure you into anything.

• DriveTime Apr 09, 2016

Hi Donna,

I am sorry to hear about your and your mother's situation. I would like a chance to address your concerns regarding the amount financed. Unfortunately, I am unable to locate your account, please give me a call at our Customer Relations department at [protected]. I look forward to speaking with you.

Sincerely, Cynthia - Customer Relations

• Do
    Donna Herring Mar 24, 2016

Drivetime is a rip off charged my mother and I for a 300 Chrysler 2008 for 30, 000 and the car only values 7, 000. I would love to be part of the law suit the fact we felt we was alone in the matter. My mother and I have made payments but yet no statements shown the price being lowered.

• Ty
    Ty “Dj Groove” Lathan Mar 11, 2016

I am currently having a problem with Drivetime, in Pomona CA. I have had my car going on 3years, I have never missed a payment, I may have paid it a day later, but never missed a payment, I keep all my receipts since the first down payment, they call me all the time stating that my payment is past due, and they will give me a date, and when I bring up the payment receipt, they tell me they will corrected it, then I get a call a few days later someone elses stating that my payment is past due, and they will give a different date, and I bring up the reciept that I have and AGAIN they will tell me that they will make the correction, this has become a huge freakin headache, there customer service and bookkeeping is a joke, my payment are not being recorded yet i'm getting drivetime receipts

• Li
    Linda Negron-bell Feb 18, 2016

We have been paying for over 3 years and never seem to get below the $10, 000 margin or original tag price., and never had we rebroadcast Ed a 1099 INT for the excessive interest and fees ImPosed by the fraudulent department called finance department. How the hell they get away with it is beyond me.

• Pa
    Pam Ward Jan 06, 2016

I and being ripped off by drive time I have made my payment faithfully for a year and now my balance is only $500 less than the purchase price of the car the car is only valued at $6, 000 but yet I owe 15500 on it they were not clear with paperwork and did not give me the necessary tools I needed to make this decision

• Fo
    Fonseca L Jan 05, 2016

I just got a car from drive time 5 months ago. My nephew was killed and in dealing with traveling and funeral fees I got behind on my payment I caught up a week later. Then I was laid off from my work but I was approved for unemployment. I told them that and they still repoed my car after I was only 2 payments late. They repoed the day before I was scheduled to pay. They were charging me 938.00 to get it back when I only owed 431.00. They are only giving me 2 days to pay it. After they make you pay a huge deposit claiming you'll get it back. They need to be sued!!

• Al
    Alondra Saucedo Dec 28, 2015

I purchased a car 2 months ago, I had already problems with the alternator and the motor mounts, they replaced them since I didn't even had 1 week with it it has 74K miles, 1 Speaker does not work and when I signed the contract they told me I can take the car anywhere I wanted since is mine, and they recorder it.
    on Dec 3rd I called to see if I can get a permit to travel, The customer service rep told me yes and they sent me the form to be filled out, and It clearly said it will be ready in 2-3 business days, I spent on the Mexico Insurance and sent all the documentation, and I called them after the 3 days all they told me is that they did not received it and looked everywhere, I kept asking for an e-mail address to send them the fax confirmation and all the documentation, the lady supposedly transferred me to her supervisor, and she kept putting me on hold for long periods, trying to find the documents I sent and I even told her the date and all, and she just said she couldn't find it, they kept denying to give me an e-mail address to prove them wrong.
    After all that fight (which I have it recorded) she said It takes them 14 day process to do it which is so stupid because any other dealership do it within the same day. after that she just said she was not able to approve it bc
    1.- they did not receive no fax from me.
    2.- It takes more than 14 days to process.
    3.- Because the vehicle has only 2 months of purchased.

then I called the dealership where i bought it from.
    The Alta Mere one In Fort Worth TX 76116
    and asked for help. spoke to the manager and he just told me I'll see what I can do blah blah blah.
    when I conference called them both he just ask the procedure and he disconnected. His name is Gary!
    He did not even tried and instead to build a good relationship customer - seller He did not do crap about it.!
    His excuse was only that he did not know much about the topic and that is it!!
    Well If you don't know your rules and guidelines just keep your mouth shut when they ask you at the contract signing not just say what the customer wants to hear just because you have a mouth.
    Since the Car Is mine and I've never been late I took it with no problems on the border whatsoever.
    It's just them all that are full of Crap!!

• Sh
    Shannon Nealey Dec 01, 2015

I went to DriveTime in Columbus, Ohio. There are two locations there; one on W. Broad St. and one on Morse Rd. I went to the one on W. Broad St. and decided to get a car from there. Since I was wary about being ripped off, I took my time and refused to be rushed into anything and definitely did not hand over a dime. I looked at a few cars, but the salesman kept pushing me toward a 2009 Ford Focus, which I did not want. I refused to look at the car and the salesman got aggressive. So I looked at the Focus and told him I did not want that car.

So I decide on an SUV--a 2010 Chevy Trailblazer. They tell me at first that I didn't qualify for that vehicle; then the manager comes in and says I can get it. So I get my money ready...but I don't hand it over just yet. I want to take the car for a test drive. What I really wanted to do was take the car to my friend who is a mechanic and have him look it over for me, but the salesman would only let me drive it around the block once or twice. I told him that wasn't enough and I needed to drive it a bit farther. He reluctantly agreed.

So I put the Trailblazer on the freeway. Almost immediately I hear a funny noise coming from under the hood. I turn back and return to the lot. I start looking for a different vehicle. The salesman tries to steer me back to the Focus, but I refuse. I find another SUV and ask to test drive it. I drove it around the block and it seemed fine. So I go back to the lot where they took it upon themselves to draw up a contract. I pick it up and start reading it and the salesman--get this--gets angry and tells me to just sign the f***ing thing already. I look up and inform him that I was going to read the contract before I signed it. So I did. I read it carefully. But there were a few things I didn't feel right about, so I decided to take the contract with me and have my law professor look it over. When I tell them this, the salesman and the manager flip out! They tried to bully me into signing the contract, but I refused to budge. So when the manager yells at me to sign the papers so they can go home, I get up and walk out.

I decided to go to the Morse Rd. location. I meet with a sweet and kind salesman. I'm still wary and reeling from my experience from three days before at their W. Broad location. I find an SUV I like, but they won't let me test drive it. So I call my mechanic friend and have him meet me to look over whatever cars catch my interest. The salesman here kept trying to push me toward a 1995 Isuzu, which I refused. He kept trying to convince me and I stopped him cold. I looked at over cars and the salesman went and drew up a purchase contract for the 1995 Isuzu that I told him I didn't want. When I went inside to ask about the Santa Fe I saw, I was informed that we were doing a deal on the Isuzu and that was that. I told them I didn't want that car. Would you believe those d-bags actually locked me in the dealership and refused to let me leave until I signed that contract? I was there for nearly five hours, I think. I got fed up and called the police. The cops came and told the salesman and manager that they couldn't force me to sign a contract if I didn't want to and they had to let me leave. The salesman still had my license and I wasn't going to leave without it, but the cops had already left and I was still stuck. I went to call the police again and this time they unplugged the phone. So I ran into the ladies room and called the cops on my cell phone. When I came out, I told them the cops were on their way and at this, they throw all my documents at me, including my license, and chase me out of the building. I barely had time to gather everything before making a run for it.

They told me to never come back--like I needed to be told that--or I would be arrested for trespassing. I never would have thought anything like that would ever happen to me; I was just trying to buy a car! I was trying to be cautious, but I guess that really set them off when I refused to hand over any money or sign the contract. After reading all these complaints, I am so glad I didn't give in and buy a car from DriveTime. It's a total ripoff. They sell these clunkers at 300% above KBB value and then charge exorbitant finance charges on top of highway robbery interest rates. If I'd signed that contract, I would have been stuck with a clunker that was worth about $3, 500 that I would have owed damn near $20, 000 on. Yes, that crappy Isuzu was worth about $3, 500 and the sale price was $11, 500. With interest and finance charges, the total payoff amount would have been around $18, 000 to $20, 000. Absolutely not!

So I got back on the bus and decided to look elsewhere. I ended up purchasing another car and paid for it with the cash that was to be my down payment and I own the car free and clear. I came out way ahead doing that and in the future, if you need to get a car and you have bad credit, research larger dealerships. Check out JD Byrider. Believe me, there are hundreds of subprime auto lenders who will work with you. I am making it my personal mission to inform people NOT to buy from DriveTime unless they want a POS that will leave them stranded, drain their pocketbook and ruin their credit. DriveTime has a program for people who want to rebuild credit where you lease the car for two years, making a down payment of $800 and paying $500 a month. Then after two years, you turn around and put down another down payment of $3, 500, use the credit of $3, 500 toward the purchase of the car and pay $400 a month for 48 months and then you own the car...if you can get the balance to go down. 85% of your payments will go toward interest. I would NOT recommend this schitty place to ANYONE! I am happy with my cash car. I wanted to finance a car to rebuild credit, but I can find another way to rebuild credit. DriveTime will ruin your credit, so BEWARE!!!

• Ea
    eadekeye Nov 18, 2015

I am more than eager to participate in any kind of lawsuit against Drive Time. I purchased a vehicle on Oct 20 2015 only to have the engine light indicator turn on barely 3 weeks after the purchase first of all the warranty/protection plan only covers 1, 500 miles which was over already and the extended warrantee does not cover any of the issues that had developed, this includes replace a catalytic converter, engine tune up and plugs replacement. How can Drive time sell a car that will just develop all this problem within a month? And yet the fraudulent Aeverex protection plan does not cover any of the repair cost.
    I called customer service and they acted like they are used to getting this sort of complaints, I just don’t get it. Please include me in your law suit. My email address is [email protected]

Sadira Harper Oct 29, 2015

DriveTime should not be allowed to do what they do. I owe $18, 000 on a bmw that I had to service as soon as I bought it. It's only worth about $5500 the year is a 2006. I've made 11 pymts. I'm trying to find a way to trade it in. I hope this nonsense ends soon. I really had no other option.

• Wi
    willie bad Oct 05, 2015

drive time came and repo my car and i pay them 2290 get my car back its beat up on the bummper and all these people are full of it

Angela Drake Sep 25, 2015

DriveTime is still a terrible company, if this lawsuit is still open I would LOVE to add my story. If anyone has advice please send me an email at [email protected] Thanks!