Drive Timescam and cheating

My boyfriend has had a long history with Drive Time, and let's just say that none of it has been happy. We are planning to file a class action lawsuit against Drive Time, Ugly Duckling and Kars Yes. We have already contacted a lawyer and have excellent grounds for this. We need as many people as possible to take part, and hopefully rectify all the wrongs done by them. If you are a dissatisfied customer and wish to join in the lawsuit, please contact me through the rebuttal key with your story and phone number and mailing address, so that I may get in contact with you.

They need to pay for what they have been able to get away with!

• Ha
    Hakeem Blackman Jul 07, 2008

DriveTime Corporate Office is very unprofessional. They are not interested in dealing with issues, they only want to take advantage of situations.

• Be
    Beth McGinnis Dec 31, 2018

@Hakeem Blackman I want in on the lawsuit as well. [protected]@gmail.com.

• Sb
    sb40champs05 Jan 30, 2019

@Beth McGinnis please include me in this lawsuit [protected]@gmail.com

• Co
    Concerning1 Apr 14, 2019

@Hakeem Blackman Please include me [protected]@icloud.com

Teresa Sep 23, 2008

I purchase a car from Drive time in Atlanta on Memorial Drive. The catch with Drive time is: you get the keys to your car before any paper work is completed. I kept asking for monthly rates, how much would it cost. They never stated until the paper work came which the rep. breeze through the paper work. They never tell you that the reference sheet you fill out is also a collection call list. They have been calling the references looking for payment. How disrespectul! Not to mention the switched the owner of the car. Some how I'm the co-signer of my car. If I want them to change the owner to me it would cost more money. The pay schedule set up for me was incorrect. I've tried to correct this so many times with managers, ghetto account reps. They harrass for payment even though the Truth & Lending laws give you 10-days before a late fee hits. I have never ever been late with a payment. Let it go 1-day and they are calling your home, jobs, and references everyday! Is Drive time on crack? Because they act like crack heads when it comes to money. The office on Memorial Drive in Atlanta is ghetto as all hell. Tamia, Darnell, Dionne, Eric all need to take a professionalism course. When Tamia called my job she sounded like she was from the street. Is this what customers have to deal with when it comes to drive time. One last thing the PT Cruiser I paid for the book value was for 7k. Drive time is charging me 21k. You do the math!

Please include me in your law suit. I believe they are overcharging customers. I consider this price gauging something needs to be done about the Drive time-

• Sw
    SWC2323 Nov 28, 2018

@Teresa I would also would like to be included in this lawsuit you may contact me through email [protected]@aol.com

• Sb
    sb40champs05 Jan 30, 2019

@Teresa I would like to be included in your law suit. please contact me as [protected]@gmai.com

• St
    steven odell Oct 17, 2008

i agree completely, the have been calling my refrences, house, old jobs, and even numbers i have had put on the do not call list. they are way out of line, i have only been late this one time because i have been out of a job and in the hospital. sign me up

• St
    steven odell Oct 17, 2008

there is quite a bit more to my story so please email me

• Ki
    Kim Nov 07, 2008

I have only been late once and they said there was an payment agreement on my account which i never asked for. Not to mention i was only late because i used their online payment system and it never pulled the funds!!! they need to be sued!!!

• La
    larry o Nov 17, 2008

yeah i bought a van 30 days ago it broke already and even though the sales man said that if anything went wrong in the first 30 days that drive time would fix it, big suprise it was a lie, big suprise the van is broke and i am sol i am less than impressed with drive time

Madashell Dec 11, 2008

Hello there,
    I would be more than happy to participate in any sort of lawsuit agianst this company. I bought a vehicle on Nov 1st, 2008 and had no sign of problems with this vehicle at all. Until dec 9th ( 39 days later) I pulled into a store parking lot & went into the store only to have an employee come out to tell me that my vehicle was smoking. When we lifted the hood there were flames coming from under neath and it smelled like burnt plastic. If it weren't for the store employees quick thinking by grabbing a fire extinguisher, the car would have been completely engulfed in flames within a few minutes. I contacted Drivetime to let them know of what had occurred and they informed me that I would have to pay 160.00 to have it towed to their closest repair facility in Van Nuys ( 15 miles from where I was located) and that they would only reimburse me up to 50.00 dollars.
    Today I found out that the fire was started by a faulty alternator and they're are denying my claim for repairs. They say it's not covered under the warranty...mind you I just bought this car 39 days ago...and it caught on FIRE!!! Had I been on the freeway it would have been much worse of a situation. Please include me in your law suit. I have 2 other friends who have also had similar experiences with DT and would probably also like to participate. My email address is [protected]@yahoo.com.

• Li
    Lisa Van Fossen Dec 30, 2008

I got a car from Drivetime, INc. and i have had nothing but problems with it since i got it and they are still forth coming. I called the corporate center in AZ and the manager there told me that i bought a used car and it's my problem now. They do not stand there cars and don't care about there customers. The first 3 weeks i had the car i had to have the ignition switch replaced, then the rear tire blew out and discinigrated on the inside of the tire then the belts and the middle pulley had to be replaced, then the driverside front and rear rotars are worped and the steering shakes to beat the band when you go to stop and had a few other parts replaced in the engine. Everything that goes wrong with the cars you get from them seems you always here it's not covered under the warranty. I wonder what is. Please let me know what i need to do to be included in the lawsuit against them. I don't believe it is fair to anyone that has been raked over the coals by this company. Please contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com

Teresa Jan 20, 2009

I totally agree with you. Please contact me for further information regarding the law suit. I have been a VIP customer with Drive Time for 2 1/2 years. I have great history as far as always making my payments on time. I was told when I got close to their 3500.00 trade in program that I was to start thinking about what I wanted in a new car . I had problem with my car I purchased but I paid out of pocket to fix it all anyway because I wanted it to still run. I needed to get out of that car and I felt that they way lenders were going I didn't have a chance with a bigger dealership. I went to the DT dealership in Mesa AZ 4 weeks every weekend to go see new cars that way I would know what I wanted when I was going to trade in my car. I was then told after picking my car and coming in on the day of their choice, that I could not get approved because my car had less trade in value due to the economy. I told them that I had felt that they had wasted my time for the past 4 weekends and that I was going to attempt going somewhere else. I then contacted them on [protected] to ask for my full account balance to give a new dealer an accurate history and some how I wasn't in their systems any more!!! I called the 877 # and gave them my name, ss#, and account number and they couldn't find me either. I then called all over AZ and no one could find me. Then about 2 hours later I was contacted and they had found me in a hidden file (last resort) and it was just my name and the car I was buying. But no payment history. I told them I would be more than happy to collect all my bank statements and bring it in to them. They told me that there was no reason to do that (Just got caught) but I should be back in the computer with in a couple of days. I don't understand why my file was pulled and put into a hidden file. I think it has something to do with then the new dealers could not find me due to asking for payment history and they wouldn't find me. I would hate to think that some one pulled it and altered it and is just going put it back. I have heard so many bad stuff about drive time that I would not be surprised if they attempted to do that. But like I said, I have bank statements and I am willing to use those for my part of a law suit. The account should have never been pulled and they are giving me nothing but the run around to answering that question of why it was. I keep catching them in lies so they keep changing their reasons for doing everything to make it sound good. I don;t know when I was pulled from the file but these phones calls happened tonight [protected]. Please contact me at [protected]@msn.com with any more information. Thanks, Teresa

• Ho
    hollerback95 Feb 06, 2009

We are wanting to be included in this lawsuit too!

My husband's cousin is active duty military. He is now in Iraq. He bought his car from them BEFORE he went into the Army. Because of this, this loan is covered under the SCRA (Servicemembers' Civil Relief Act). This means, they cannot charge him late fees, they cannot post negative marks on his credit, they HAVE to drop his interest rate to 6%, and they cannot repossess the vehicle. All of these stipulations under the SCRA are FEDERAL LAWS. They are breaking these laws!

My father in law is the power of attorney for the cousin while he is away. We have provided document after document proving he is in Iraq and that he is covered under this federal law. They REFUSE to drop his interest, they REFUSE to stop hitting his credit with late fees, and they are constantly sending threatening letters that they are coming to respossess the vehicle.

We have gone as far as involving JAG attorneys and Rep. Gus Bilirakis on our behalf. They are trying to work out the problem, but we have yet to have success. We have even contacted Eric Seidel on FOX13, and there is a good possibility that he may want to do a consumer lawyer story on it. (Anyone interested in throwing your story into the mix??)

He bought the car at the New Port Richey location, which has since been closed down. Which means ... we are thinking any and all documents we provided have been lost or destroyed in the process. When we call another store to talk someone, or they call us 20 times a day, we ask for a number to speak to CORPORATE. They REFUSE to provide Corporate's number. They tell us we do not need to speak to Corporate and there is no reason for us to have that number.

These people are unbelievable! If you think we can get them where it hurts, let's go!

Please contact me back at stephen.[protected]@verizon.net with any information you have and what the future holds for a class action suit.

Thanks!!!

• Li
    lillian garcia Feb 12, 2009

i bought my car dec.06, drivetime is not interested in dealing with anyones isues or problems they hav after bying a car from them. i had decided to put my boyfriend on the loan so he can also start building credit, i com e to find out after oneyear, he was added first on the account and me as a co-signer, anotherwords im paying my car but its not really mine.wen i confrunted them they said there was nothing they could do.in dec.08 i ended up in the hospital for 3 weeks .i recieve a call from drivetime to send $15 and 2 payments would be put back until i got out, then a manager calls and says not to worrie because they had adefur programs and other program.i get out the hospital 4weeks later.the manager says she needs $130.00 to get me in the defur program i make the payment.then jan.09 she says i didnt qualifie.because ineeded to hav 3 payment. itsbull ihavent missed apayment since july.now they wana reposest my car.they hav each rep. tell u somthing diferent.i took them a $75 payment they didnt acept it.they wanted more.it was o, k for them to put payments back wile your reparing the broken up car they gave u .because like that if anything happens they hav a good car to sell to someone else after i get it repo.iam very sick with scoliosi and they dont wana make any arangments with me.if i dont hav a car i cant get to my apointments.they need to pay for wat there doing to all these people maybe get som letters out to the president.please include me in your lawsuit i also hav other people with same situation.please contact me and any one thats wiling to put an end to drivetime [protected]

joleneinwisconsin Feb 12, 2009

i bought my car from drivetime and have another 18 months lift on my contract. i have never been late and have asked for a payoff earlier in the game several times, but they build the interest into the price up-front. there is no incentive to pay your car off early and no way to save yourself money. my jeep liberty is worth maybe $3000 [noone will trade it in because I moved from AZ to WI and the jeep as no 4WD] and the payoff is almost $7000 after paying for YEARS!!! everyone tells me that this is illegal. burying the interest up front. i would be interested in knowing if there is any resolve for this financial rape. [protected]@yahoo.com

• Rl
    rlbenitz Feb 13, 2009

I would like to be contacted regarding this issue.

It seems my story matches exactly everyone else's complaint. Initially, they had my payment information and personal information printed incorrectly on my legal agreement. When I brought it to their attention they said they'd fix it. (Mind you, this affect my payment due date, because it is in cohesion with my payday at work.) So a few weeks later, I came in and they still had not fixed the problem. I had a manager come out and they told me to come back the next day. I coudln't make it in the next day and they called me to say they were going to repossess my car! And the trade in I had given would not be returned. Because THEY messed up the contract.

Also, I purchased the "in house" DT insurance because my insurance office was closed at the time I bought the car, and I could not drive off the lot without ins. I was told I would be refunded the prorated amount of the policy. After I got my personal policy set, they told me it actually credits to my account, not back to my credit card I paid for it with. That month I didn't get my medical prescription because I couldn't pay for it, I was paying 2 insurance tabs! Now, today is my payment day and they still have not applied the insurance prorate to my account. So, having expected a payment with this application on it, you can imagine my surprise when its almost $150 more than I was told.

The staff at the local office are rude, and play the "he said she said" game. Because their records are always "in process, " or "not entered yet" I find myself getting the run around.

I would love to never have to deal with these people again! My car, I found out after I purchased it, was priced nearly 2x the blue book value. Outrageous!

The idea that they only tell you enough to get your signature on the paper and then come out with the ugly details after the fact (when it becomes a problem on their end) is not ethical business practice. I have had to pay so much already and have not even made my first payment yet! Please, please contact me! [protected]@gmail.com

• Ki
    Kim Feb 20, 2009

My boyfriend just bought a car from them in November of last year. It was a nice 2000 Saturn SC1. He tried to buy a car from other dealers but even though his credit scores were excellent he didn't have enough credit, so we were sent there. Needless to say, the price of the vehicle (kelly blue book) is about $6k at prime condition. We explained to them that we would want to trade this car in about 6 months after he establishes some credit for a more affordable vehicle. They explained there should be no problem with that and he was actually paying to establish his credit not buying a car. After the painful process and having no other place to turn he purchased the vehicle. His payments are approximately $435 monthly. The vehicle price was $12, 500 and with interest if paid in full will be a purchase of $19, 500. Interest is at 29 [censored] Percent. Regardless of this, based on what our intentions were, to trade it in in about 6-12 months will not be possible. He will be upside down and no banks is going to lend him $12k for a $6k vehicle. He has made about 9 payments and paid off $25 toward the principal. This seems like Price Gauging... Even though this is not a state of emergency, it is praying on the vulnerability of the public due to their circumstance. Does this give anyone the right to charge 3 and 4 times the value of something because you are unable to purchase it at regular cost for whatever reason. The interest is upsetting alone, but they make their money there and now they make their money on the price of the vehicle as well. You are damned if you pay and if you don't... If you buy it and if you don't... Some one needs to stop this illegal and cut throat behavior that prays on the weaker or less fortunate community of people in this country. Here is just a snip it of the law for Florida. At least 30 states — Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii,
    Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan,
    Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina,
    Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin — the District of Columbia,
    Guam, and the Northern Mariana Islands have laws that prohibit price gouging, excessive price
    increases, or unconscionable pricing. Most states have laws that are triggered in the event of a
    declared emergency, with a few having laws that may be applicable at other times as well. Other
    states may also exercise authority under general deceptive trade practice laws depending on the
    nature of the state law and the specific circumstances in which price increases occur.
    3 For more information on the applicability of the federal antitrust laws, see CRS Report
    RS22262, “Price Gouging, ” the Antitrust Laws, and Vertical Integration: How They Are Related,
    by Janice E. Rubin

Please include us if there is a class action filed.

• Ou
    out of pocket Feb 26, 2009

Drive time is ripping me off. I would love to be a part of a suit against them. I originally purchased my first car from them in o3. never missed a payment. I was told due to my credit situation, that their company would help me to establish a good standing, that is why i had to pay 200.00 every two weeks, (and since I paid according to my pay sched. the months where we were paid three times I had to make three payments! "to improve my credit, cause the more times that you pay, the better your score looks" as i was told by a rep. after paying for the car for about three years, i get a call saying that since I owe only 3500, I could bring that car in and get a different car for no money down so I was realed into their trap once again. At my supposed gold member status I obbtained another car in 2006, a 2002 pontia grand prix with many miles, After a breif signing which was
    not expained to me fully, I realized that I am forced to pay almost 20, 000$ for a car thats worth 2, 200 today. I was informed yesterday that I have a whopping 10, 000 left on this vehicle. and will not be done paying until late in 2011!!! what the ****! I am outraged. and I dont think it is right for them to get away with this robbery!
    [protected]@hotmail.com (Florida)

• Di
    Diamond Feb 27, 2009

Please contact me also diamond.diamond.[protected]@gmail.com

• Di
    Diamond Feb 27, 2009

My complaints are the same, I can add that I have been given a final written warning from my company for the Harrasing phone calls.

teejjames Mar 04, 2009

ditto to most of this...they sell cars at 120% of kbb value then add the 28% interest...this is flat out predatory lending no worse, or maybe even worse than what has happened in the housing crises...money is made on interest...ok...bad credit, higher risk, higher interest...the real problem lies with the base price...$12, 000 for a kbb retail value f $5500, and that's giving it excellent rating...if this was sold at kbb ($5500), the payments would literally be 50% ($209 instead of $416)

...if there is a class action lawsuit, sign me up

i just tried to do a voluntary repo...i researched what would happen...they tried to scare me w/ ruined credit (in this economy, so what, its already bad)...they tried to tell me my credit score is good, i know its not...then they threatened lawsuits and wage garnishments...bring it on...i'm sure a judge would love to look at the price gouging...they're "letting" me keep the car for 1 month w/o payments or fees until i decide to keep it...i'm pretty sure i'll be voluntarily repo'ing again in a month anyway...if they decide to come after me, maybe i can bite back or bite first

• Lb
    Lbcscannerguy Mar 07, 2009

Please add me to the list... I traded in a car I almost had paid off.. Then I was forced to take the dealer insurenace for a month. I took a copy of my insuracne in and they never cancelled it.. Then I changed jobs and my pay schedule change and they refused to change my schdule so I fell behind. I tried many times to get them to change it. They told me they couldnt do it cuz i had an old insureance balance. I told them that i had at least 3 times to take or fax a couple of the insurance card in. The broker I was using before I changed to another company went out of Business and with moving I lost the copy of the card I had. They still refused to change my schedule so I told them to come get the car. I had the car over 1 1./2 and they are trying to come after me now for over 10, 000 and the car is not even worth 1/2 of that... They go after the little guys and think they will get away with it.. ITs all wrong...

Please count me in. [protected]@AOL.com

• Lb
    Lbcscannerguy Mar 07, 2009

Another thing is when I asked the dealership to let me use the computer to look up KBB.com they told me I couldnt. They refused. I messed up and went ahead and traded my car in instead of going home and check.

• So
    Sold A Lemon Mar 23, 2009

I bought a car from Drivetime about 5 1/2 months ago and I need a whole new engine already. They are trying to put me on a repair contract basically saying that I have to pay $1900.00 up front and the rest later. This is so inconvenient for me because I cannot come up with this kind of money at the spare of the moment like this. I have gone over the 6000 mile warranty, but who wouldn't after 5 months. Basically they sold me a lemon and won't fix it for free. I have done my part on keeping up the maintenance and everything so my engine should not have gone out. I think that there was something wrong with the car before I bought, but they supposedly do a 53-point inspection on all of their vehicles. That is total crap! I am screwed now so I would like to be included in this as well.

• Ro
    RonP Mar 30, 2009

Please include me, here is my filed complaint:

This company's practices are horrendous. They begin collection calls one day past the due date, and call both at home and at work. I have been recently told that I have late fees on my loan, but, never received any documentation regarding this. Now, they claim I owe $32, and want it paid immediately. $32!!!

I have repeatedly requested a statement of my account, and have been told that they cannot provide me one from the dealership. In the same conversation, they tell me I can come and pick it up at the store!!! So, they cannot stick it in an envelope, and mail it to me, or better yet, fax it to me, BUT, they can charge me $7.50 when I make a payment online!!!
    I am reporting them to the Clearwater Better Business Bureau, and will be calling the corporate office, and terminating my loan agreement with this company. This is the WORST experience I have ever had in my entire life.

@RonP Please count me in, This company is scandals

• Rc
    RckyMtnHigh Apr 04, 2009

I recently bought a car from Drive Time in Denver-Englewood. I have problems with my credit, and i was working on a 20o00 acre resort/ranch in northwestern Colorado. I had no means of transportation, and i really needed a vehicle. I took the train to Denver, and Drive Time picked me up at Union Station, taking me to the dealership. They told me that they had a large selection of affordable cars/suvs, and when i got there, i could basically pick out what i wanted. I told them that I wanted to keep my monthly pmts under 300. "Oh sure, no problem!", says the salesman, "We can do that". When I got to the car lot, we started looking on the computer at which cars I could "Afford". They had some Kia's and some other cheap cars, all of which were extremely overpriced. I found a 2004 Galant, pretty nice car, but also very overpriced. Almost 4 times the Blue Book value. I took a test drive, liked the car, needed the car. So I signed the paperwork, and bought the car. The dealership was rushing me because it was about 11pm, and they wanted to get out of there. So we rushed through all the paperwork, and I got the car. My payments are 220/semi-monthly, so 440/month, which is insane. Not to mention the fact that because i had credit problems, the interest rate on my auto loan is 21.00%, which means that over the life of the loan, I will pay $26, 000 for a car that is only worth 6500 in perfect condition. Then i unfortunately, was laid off from my job in Colorado, so i wasnt getting paid at the same times. That started causing me to be late on my payments, in turn causing Drive Time to call me 3-6 times a day, telling me that I cannot make late payments, and my car will be repo-ed if i miss another payment. I tried to talk to these people, and they just dont seem to care about anything but getting their money. I am willing to assist in any lawsuit that is building against Drive Time. They are a bunch of worthless scammers and they need to be shut down. Email me at [protected]@yahoo.com if you need any further information from me.

samanthalynn01 May 14, 2009

Hey, I totally agree with every single comment. Drive Time is a total rip off. I only went with them because my boyfriend got hit with head on collision in my car and it was totalled. I needed a car right then after the insurance claim was finished. So we were driving down the road and seen the Drive Time sign. We went by and the car salesman lady was really nice. She was seeing what she could do. She was willing to work with me. I had the car since March 2008, and I was on time every single time. They make me pay every other week and sometimes depending on the months that may have 5 instead of 4 weeks thats 3 payments a total of $600 in one month is really not worth it for a 05 Chevy Impala. I am so disgusted in this company and they are a freaking RIPOFF. I was on time for almost a year straight, well around Christmas time 2008 when the economy and stuff was freaking riduclous, my boyfriend got laid off of his job so then our income was only comming from my work. They cut our OT and I was only getting 40 hours a week, let me tell you when you have rent, car insurance, food, utility bills and such I had more balances of my bills than I made. I started being like a week late each time a payment was due but I always paid on no later than a week later. When the payments were due on Sat Sun they are close, they would blow my phone up on Monday morning harrassing me. They wouldnt work me me, then the water pump and some manafold thang went bad. They wouldnt replace it and told me no matter what happens to my car I still have to be on time. What kind of SH** it that and they are making me pay like 9, 000 for Interested. Thats ridculous. Anyways, I talked to them a few times about placing me on a monthly plan. They said NO they can not do that. They want their money but will not work with you at all. I tried talking to the manager and told him what was going on. I told him I can not afford paying every other week I needed it monthly because this month thats three payments, he had the nerve to say Im sorry here at Drive Time Corporation we do not do that. Then said I dont see if you can not pay every other week what makes you think you can pay every month, I told him it would be less money and sometimes I might have more money one week than the other, then the ### said well I advise you to manage your money and balance our your budjet a little better. This is just ridculous. Please email me at [protected]@yahoo.com, IF ANYONE KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO PLEASE...

Jodi Brackin May 16, 2009

I bought a truck from them last year and wanted to go month to month. They received a fax from me and took my $25 processing fee to start the month to month. This was back in Feb. I called them yesterday and they told me they never received the fax for me to go month to month.
    They want to charge me $730.00 in late fees even though I paid them every month.

I want in the civil suit.

Contact me.

Jodi Brackin
    [protected]

@Jodi Brackin This email is not working

• As
    ASHAMED SHAMEL Jun 17, 2009

TOTAL RIP OFF JOINT..BOUGHT A CAR HAD IT 3 WEEKS..BEEN IN THE SHOP 2.5 WEEKS..MANAGEMENT STINKS..NO COMPASSTION..WHEN I DIDNT MAKE FULL PAYMENT TRYING TO REPO CAR..WAS TOLD ICOULD MAKE PARTIAL PAYMENT..LIARS UNFRIENDLY SOB.. IM GIVING CAR BACK AND THEN GETTING A LAWYER

• Sh
    Sheila Blackmon Jun 29, 2009

I am so happy to see that I am not the only person going through this. I had a car accident in Jan. 2008. Went to drivetime because I was credit challenged. The third morning I had the car, it wouldn't start. It has been down hill every since. After a series of the same thing happening for about 3 months, the assigned auto repair shop would get the car started but never wanted to give me an explanation of what was wrong with the car. The warranty ran out they suddenly figured out the promblem and wanted me to pay for the repairs on a payment plan with $750.00 up front pay the rest on a payment plan while still paying my car note and insurance. I complained so much, one manager told me to trade the car in to another dealership. I have walked by the car more than I have driven it. They only care about the money.

• Sh
    Sheila Blackmon Jun 29, 2009

I responded earlier, by the way count me in on the law suit.

• Be
    BetterSafeThan Jul 03, 2009

I recently visited Drive Time looking for a cheap alternative to getting out of my gas guzzler. I have not purchased anything from them yet, and thanks to the comments I've read - will not step foot on their property again. I'll stick with the headache I already have. Your comments have been educational and have saved my countless hours of frustration.

• Kl
    KLP Jul 29, 2009

If you are still in the process of putting forth a class action lawsuit against DT please contact me at [protected]@hotmail.com. Thanks Kathryn

@KLP Count me in!

• Mo
    modeltype09 Aug 10, 2009

i agree with the person that got a bad car from drivetime and had it in the shop right after they got it.
    they took my daughters friends car for the reason being that she let my daughter borrow it and drive it once. they said that was illegal. now my daughters friend has to fight to get her car returned. she made all
    her payments did not miss one.

• Al
    Alan J Grey Aug 21, 2009

My wife and I would definitly be interested in this law suit. We bought a car at the drive time in New Port RIchey, Fl. ( which by the way has closed its doors). The Payments are very high which we accepted because out credit scores arent the highest. 2002 Ford Focus over $ 400.00 a month. So thats what we agreed to. these last few months I have been out of work because I need surgery on my foot. so its been tight and we have been late a few times, but always made the payment. Yesterday as we are standing outside our home our nieghbor, who by the way we dont even know his last name. Walked over and said Drive Time called about your car payment and asked me if you were home. I about blew my stack. And then I am wondering how many other neighbors have they called or relatives for that matter. They have called my wife at work at 50 times even if its a day late. theyve called her brother her mother and i havent even asked my relatives if theve called but i think they called my brother also. i am so fed up with there harrassment I want to take the car back to them and tell them to ... If we didnt pay the car off ahead of time we would end paying $20, 000. for a $ 5, 000. car. You know the funny thing is I was willing to do that until they started this nonsense.

• Al
    Alan J Grey Aug 21, 2009

ONe other thing if anyone has the address to the corporate office could you post it on there please

• Dr
    drtheall Sep 01, 2009

Would love to join a class action lawsuit. They sold us a 2002 Nissan Altima that has been nothing but trouble. The check engine light kept coming on and they pushed that off until after the 6 month warranty ran out, then it threw a rod and we had to have the engine redone. $2K. Now the catalytic converter needs replacing, another $2K and its missing again from the original repairs. The a/c works off and on. Its a piece of crap. And my story is just like everyone elses, rude rude rude people. Please help!! I owe $10K on a POS that isnt worth 3K!!!
    [protected]@gmail.com

• Wd
    wds Sep 08, 2009

Count me in! I purchased a 2002 Ford Sport Trac in Clearwater Florida. Their "Auto Check" Vehicle History Report certified that the vehicle had never been in an accident. 2 years later I find out that it had been wrecked and repaired. So, I went to "CarFax" and pulled my own report. Carfax shows several discrepancies.
    First, Drivetime's "auto check" certified that the vehicle sold to me had never been a "Fleet" vehicle. The Carfax report clearly shows that the original owner was a "Fleet" purchase and 57k miles were put on it in the first 2 years of service. Second, the DriveTime Auto Check report indicated that this vehicle had never been repossessed. Guess what, the previous owner had the car repo'd in Texas. The Car Fax report does't show that this vehicle was ever in an accident, but it clearly was. I was deceived from the beginning and feel cheated.
    Generally, a fleet vehicle is not taken care of like it would if it were a personal vehicle. Same thing with a repossession. The owner new it was going back and did not take care of the vehicle. I have more research to do.
    I am willing to provide any details and would also contribute to the cost of filing a clas action suit.
    [protected]@tampabay.rr.com

• Tm
    TMJW Sep 26, 2009

I'm willing to participate in a class action suit . I've only been with Drive Time four months & my 03 Jeep Libery (purchaed in metro atlanta, GA in June 2009) had to be repaired twice (in 3 months & they have found a way to make me pay out of pocket for a car that wasn't properly diagnosed & fixed the first time, by their so called preferred repair shop). I would like to share my experience. This company has the worst morale I have have soon or experienced. they do not value their customers & deserve to go out of business. Their customer service is shameful. They initiate no resolution, only intiate a way to keep you in their web & treat you like you are worthless after you buy a car. I would be glad to submit more info if needed. Please contact me @ [protected]@yahoo.com & copy me please @ [protected]@esurance.com. thanks in advance.

• Wo
    wook Oct 14, 2009

I want to know what I can do. I also have a similar story. I was told that after a year I would be able to refinance through DT when I contacted them a year later they told me I was confused. When I asked about returning the car, I was threatened with lawsuits and permanent damage to my credit score. I would like to know what my options are, and will be glad to participate with any type of lawsuit.

Anyone with ideas or information please e-mail me.

thanks

jake

• La
    Lady N Oct 28, 2009

I'm willing to participate! I've been with Drive Time for 2 years and thankfully I'm in my last year of my contract with them. I'm so ready to pay this car off, you have no idea. Their customer service is HORRIBLE!!!

I was laid off in March of this year, still looking for a job. The last time I was late, they sent a rude, unprofessional EMAIL to me, telling me they will no longer accept partial or late payments on my account. Please post the corporate headquarters info. I'm tired of being bullied.

My email is [protected]@myvirtualadmins.com

• Ml
    mlarson Nov 18, 2009

still filing the suit? I would be more than happy to join. What happened is that we got the car back in 2008. It's a 2005 ford taurus and its a piece of ###. Me and my wife are both on the car note and have been making consistant payments for over a year. Well, 3 months ago, the car broke down because the transmission failed (should have looked at the reviews online for that car, it was recalled and still had the nerve to sell the vehicle) and had to pay the repair shop $1400. They put me on their warranty contract where they cover half and we had to pay half

up front. It took a long time to come up with the money and drive time still made us pay our monthly payment while the car was being worked on. We just got the car back on friday and during the weekend, the air compressor went out. Another expense of $1300, at this point we

are pissed. I called the warranty place to see what they could do, but told us that they cannot repair it until the $700 from the other repair is paid off which is ###. I know that I got sold a lemon. I tried to call them and talk to their arbitration dept but just got transferred around and

hung up on. I am fed up with drive time. We just recently went to a different dealership and got approved for a 2009 kia sorento which is not a ripoff like drivetime. We will probably let drive time repo the car. Please include me in this lawsuit against drive time.

Email: [protected]@live.com

• Go
    Go Figure Nov 28, 2009

I agree to the law suit idea. 1st thing- I knew DT was a "High Credit Risk" company knowing I could make my payments with no problem I thought everthing would be fine, NOT. 10 miles after driving my car off the lot the speedometer spun around to 150 miles an hour and I was at a stop light, ok, I call they say "It might be covered" take the car to our "rip you off" shop and have them look at it, right, that was funny. Still not fixed to this day 2 yrs later. The reference list is really a "Harassment" list, according to everything that i have read this list is only to be used if they can not get ahold of you, ie your phone disconnected, mail returned, your credit report has a change in employment etc... NOT, How about that auto dialer that calls at 8:01am and the number they leave is to the local number that doesnt open till 10am What's up with that? Or the wonderful sarcastic customer service people who call 3 or 4 times in less than 5 hours and then you call back, you know just to see how they are doing, because they think you have nothing else to do but talk to them 4 and 5 times a day and the line is busy for hours. Or the one when you just talked to one of them and no sooner you hang up another one is calling from another location, What's up with that? do they not talk and put notes in the computer? Has anyone been able to get the full financial disclouser of their account? I have followed all the different instructions given to obtain this information and after 4 months nothing. You think they are trying to hide something? Has anyone gotten a straight answer of how these late charges are calculated? Please share if you have because corp office doesnt seem to know. Totally fed up. [protected]@yahoo.com

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices