Digital River Luxembourgunauthorized charges

I have 2 unauthorized charges in the amount of $389. 99 taken from my checking account. Someone got hold of my debit card and went wild. I am not sure what was purchased but really need to have that money credited back to my account.

Thanks,

Deanna

james baker Jun 17, 2008

On May 30th. I was charged 69.99 for a security package and on June 3rd. 59.99 .[ I ordered and downloaded a package for 69.99.]

savannah Feb 18, 2009

received run-around from your customer service when I tried to resolve issue of unauthorized charges made to my bank checking account. My bank required me to contact DRI by phone to attempt to resolve the issue on my own ...I understand that you are connected to many services, what I don't understand is WHY you (DRI)can't investigate or resolve my issue when it is DRI that is listed on my statement as the one who has made the charges on my account ...it is not the diet pill company listed on my statement, it is DRI ...I don't understand this ...I still think this is a run-around because it is a big scam by the main company (YOU) DRI. At the very least, from all the complaints that I am seeing here ...someone needs to be taking care of this issue for a great many people and services.

• Ju
    just a good sheperd Oct 29, 2009

Well just for clarification, Digital River, is not the one who sell this products (as all of you keeps on insisting that they are the one!) actually, they are just an e-commerce company who supports the online store for almost 44, 000 different companies, manufacturer's and vendors all over the world!!! can you imagine those numbers!!! still can't get enough idea from this you stupid nothing for good people which the only thing knew to do is to complain and whine without even knowing what they were saying. (such a ###ic attitude!) Digital River are not the one who make the rules or decide over a purchase, they were just following what the vendor or the merchants told them to do. And c'mon, the vendors and the merchants are the one who get away without any problems, and the DR's agents are being blamed for something that they are doing the bext that they can just for the good of the customer and taking the vendors away from trouble~!~!!! and the worst thing is, those agents are being underpaid, force to work overtime! not being paid for those mandatory overtime and poorly trained by the management (and also the vendors and merchant's fault since they were not providing enough information about there procedure whos just taking the liberty that they are getting for granted!!!) Just heres the bottom line, when you call Digital River, expect that they may be insufficient to assist you right away, but rest assured that all of them are doing the best that they can to getall the information that they need just to give you all the information that your askiing from them and they are doing eveything to satisfy you!!! and by the way, they were also being forced by the vendors to lower down their AHT (average holding time) for 5 minutes a call! which is totally impossible to do, well i knew you already know the reason why its impossible, because you customer just take for granted every rightrs that you have, but how about the rights of those poor agents that your shouting, cursing, telling them that they were stupid, not enough for you, not good enough for you, hense your not even trying to consider what they were saying, your just keeping what you want to know, and when they say something that you don't like to hear eventhough its totally true that its your fault as well, your just gonna tell them "Are you a ###ing indian? i cant understand a single word that you said!" (by the way all the calls is being recorded so when you complain about an agent who doest speaks well using the English language, they will investigate about that, and God knows they were talking in a very fluent ENglish that even a deaf person will understand what they were saying!) you just keep on telling this complains and keep on insisting that they were the bad guys, but look at yourself on the mirror dudes, you were just describing and insulting your own selves!!!

• Ju
    just a good sheperd Oct 29, 2009

and by the way before you react, just try to verify the amouts that you see in your billing statement in a WEBSITE with your bank first, because when you keep on insisting something which is totally untrue and when they investigate this and those amounts where not really charges that has been taken out from your account and its only for PRE-AUTHORIZATION only and you said that they were lying and your gonna report them to the BBB, well think again, because remember your calls are being recorded and there will be a hard evidence for a LIBEL CASE.. thats one good law suit i guess. and another eveidence is your complain that you post on this website as well.

• Es
    E. Siu Nov 24, 2009

I also had an unauthorized charge deducted from my debit card in the amount of $205.77 by Digital River Int. Fortunately, my bank caught the fraud before I did and closed my card before further damage was done. Unfortunately, I need to spend the time contacting all the businesses who used my card for recurring payments each month with new account info. The bank was saved from further losses but no one seems to appreciate the customers' lost time in cleaning things like this up. Who is checking into this company and its employees to ensure more innocent cardholders don't become their victims??

• Hj
    hjbpnb Nov 27, 2009

I was scamed 0n 11/23 for 3 times 111.39 ( 334.08 total ) by a company named DIGITAL RIVER LUXEMBURG LU, as appears in my credit card pending transactions. I called the credit card company and they aid they'd have an investigator call me. I also contacted LiveLock customer service .
    They said if the credir card company doesn't take care of this, they will.
    I have no idea how they got a hold of my credit card number, I always shred papers that have any information of mine before putting it in the trash can ...

• Am
    AmberKPH41 Dec 01, 2009

I was also scammed for $211.75 and it is still pending but under investigation; what is being purchased, is it a service or tangible product? Anybody know? This charge came directly out of my checking...pretty scary!

• De
    deanna7768 Dec 04, 2009

I am the original one who lodged the complaint (deanna7768). I made a mistake when I was typing it up and put my own information instead of the company information. So it looks like I am the one taking the money out of peoples accounts. That is not the case. Please do not call me because I too am a victim in all of this. I had two charges on my debit card for $394 each (Please read original complaint). I am a single mother who lives paycheck to paycheck. I did get my money back but I hope that they catch who is doing this to all of us.

Thanks,
    Deanna

• Mc
    M. C., Freeport, NY Dec 05, 2009

I also have three unauthorized charges on my account from Digital River Luxembourg from my checking account for $194.96 each. According to my bank's fraud protection representatives there were actually 6 charges attempted, but the other three were blocked. My card is always with me. My bank has no answers for me as to how this could've happened.

• Se
    seatown Dec 08, 2009

The charges continue into December. On Friday 12/4 I had three attempts to charge my wife's bank card. Fortunately only one charge for the amount of $208 went through before the card was blocked. I have contacted the bank and Digital River to see what their fraud departments can't do. If these continue much longer I believe serious legal actions should be taken against those that perpetrated them. I'll keep people informed on what I find out from the bank and Digital River.

• Pe
    Penny Kirchoff Dec 11, 2009

I also have a $110 charged from my debit. They also attempted 3 others. How can this be happening? My bank is closeing out my account and I'm to file fraud charges. I'll also file a police report. I'd like to know if it's all from the same bank!!! I've never heard of this company Why even feel safe purchasing online or even useing ards in the future???
    Penny Kirchoff
    Spearfish SD

• Dw
    DWA Dec 15, 2009

I also have two amounts that I never authorized charged from my debit card! I will also file a police report, and just had my card blocked. I have never bought anything from this company, I never even heard about them. When I file the police report I will print out this page and show it to the officers.

• Jc
    Jcox89 Jan 06, 2010

I also have a charge of $111.68 from Digital River Luxem I have called my bank and canceled my card. I don't know how these happened or what Digital River is perhaps it is the company itself doing this.

• El
    elliekelly Jan 14, 2010

Jan 14, 2010 - I just saw $231 debited from my chase account (debit card). The company name is Digital River Luxemburg Lu and phone number is [protected]. The transaction was on-line just past midnight ( I was at home sleeping and my debit card was in my purse). I didnt make the purchase.

I called and the cusotmer service lady at DR and she said that I have to file (fax) a copy of my bank statement showing the debit and they will investigate. I asked if I could email and she said no. I asked for a name to address this to and she didn't have one.

So I'm out $231 so far. I called Chase and had my debit card cancelled, but they can't credit the charge until its investigated.

Cash is still king I guess.
    Sue

• Ta
    TakenByDRL Feb 02, 2010

I was trying to buy groceries tonight, and my bank card would not work. I checked my account online, when I got home, and saw that three charges for $199.97 were made from this company - Digital River Luxembourg. I have never heard of this company. My ATM card is always with me. I don't shop online. I shred everything. I am just shocked about this!! My bank rep said there were more than these charges attempted, but they fraud protected my account, and shut everyting down for my protection. WOW! They said the charges will be reversed. I sure hope so!!

With all these complaints...and such similar stories...I think something fishy is going on with this company.

• Ff
    ffighter0317 Feb 07, 2010

###KKKK Digital river luxembourg they did the same ### tooo me for $196

Jo167 Mar 14, 2010

I accessed a movie and game download site.It was called Download River. I gave my credit card details for a 3 day trial for $1.95us, they then debited me for $108.44. There is no way to contact these people through their website. You get nothing for your money and obviously they have done this before. ITS ALL A SCAM.
    Hope this info helps someone.
    jo

• Ar
    arrowsmith Mar 23, 2010

I just got hit for 3 charges of $155.89
    Online, we purchase very little, if anything at all...
    In the last month, we have only used this card with 2 business that are not our normal purchase... Both out of town..

• Fa
    Fahad Faroq Apr 05, 2010

Dear Jo,

ITs really nice to hear your story. And I do appreciate that you took your valuable time in informing this world about this scam website. Interesting I also got this website. And I had to download a driver from here. But before giving my credit card information, I found some fishy things there.

1. the website was not ssl secure on the same domain name
    2. search for anything on its search field, and it will say it's available... even if you write alsfslfjskasgkjhs it will say its available for download.
    3. There is no telephonic contact info on the website for the company information.

having all these info in hand, i was able to realize that this is a scam website and i must not give my credit card information to this cmpany.

Keep updating this world about the bad people and bad website,

Regards,

Fahad.

• Cm
    cmattei Apr 05, 2010

My unauthorized charges came the same day as an unauthorized gamefy.com charge and just two days after I bought Microsoft points from my xbox 360. Anyone else have that happen. I am thinking the xbox is not secured.

• Pa
    PaulHoward Apr 11, 2010

I got a call from my credit card companies automated fraud department saying they needed to verify a recent charge in the amount of somewhere around $330 from a computer company. They asked me if I wanted more info and to push a certain button on the phone if I did so I did and was told that again the amount and from a computer company and then went on to say in Luxembourg and asked me to push 1 if I made the purchase or 2 if I didn't so I pushed 2 and was transferred to a live agent when I asked for more information she said the company was digital river and I again said I did not make the charge. She verified some other recent charges both Internet and local and they were all legitimate. She asked if I wanted the card canceled and reissued with a new number and I said I did. So now I have to wait a week to 10 days for a replacement and had to go out and reschedule auto payments and use a different card for some items I had ordered on-line and haven't shipped yet. I agree major hassle - thankfully in my case the credit card company had the foresight to notice it.

• La
    Laura Brown Apr 13, 2010

We were charged 161.00 late last Sunday night --- Digital River Luxembourg--luckily our bank called to see if we had authorized this--apparently this charge must be on a scam watch list---I have never had a bank call to see if a purchase was authorized unless it was in the thousands of dollars so I'm glad they did. I am going to check my account every day from now on.

• Bg
    bgt May 11, 2010

I also had a mystery charge from Digital River Luxembourg for 126.14, but luckily I caught it right away. My bank will credit the amount to my account while they investigate the charge. Also have to get a new card/number. It's a pain, but I'm glad my bank will work with me, and I'm glad I was able to catch it now, rather than several charges down the road.

RevGinaB Jun 08, 2010

Has anyone figured out what service or merchandise Digital River Luxemburg feels they are entitled enough to make unauthorized charges against, and it is possible to file criminal charges against the company? Just Googling the company brings up hundreds of complaints about unauthorized charges. My bank caught mine early this morning.

RevGinaB Jun 08, 2010

[email protected]

Here is their link for public relations, the only email address I could find on the website. Maybe those with complaints can flood their system...

• Po
    popescu 2010 Jul 27, 2010

In data de 26/07/2007 am facut o tranzactire cu Digital River Luxemburg dar produsul respectivei tranzactii nu a fost achizitionat, Nr ordine [protected], eu consider acceasta tranzactie o hotie si asi ruga ca suma respectiva sa se intoarca in contul meu altfel voi anunta poitia.

relieved123 Jun 10, 2011

i also thought I was a victim of fraud until I found a thread that metnioned that digital reiuver does the billing for microsoft and reuters - I forgot i purchased a download program for my computer and my bill should say the program name instead of digital river...236 dollars...

relieved123 Jun 10, 2011

i also thought I was a victim of fraud until I found a thread that mentioned that digital reiuver does the billing for microsoft and reuters - I forgot i purchased a downloadable program for my computer and my bill should say the program name instead of digital river...236 dollars...

• Br
    Bron53 Jun 15, 2011

I found out that when I purchased my HUP (home use product) of MS Office, they use Digital River International Luxembourg for the purchase. So my credit card statement showed the payment to this company. If others have purchased software under their company's licence, then that may explain some of the charges.

Antonieta Petrelluzzi Jul 08, 2011

I want to know what was bought? what is the charge about? tks

reggie56 Jul 21, 2011

I purchased some download from this mob and it tells me that I don't have a retail version of the product to update and their resolution following complaint just sends me around in circles
    I have lodged a complaint with the Credit Card company and they are sending me dispute correspondence.
    After reading the above complaints I am now terrified they will start charging me some spurious amounts.
    I am therefore considering cancelling my card again. Damn the spammers, they are destroying all confidence I ever had in the internet and it is high time the legal representatives of the world stopped these defrauders.

• Wa
    Wane Aug 25, 2011

Hi have $89.00 removed form the company above New Zealand Police have been notified for withdrawing funds without my permission

• Pe
    Peachbug Aug 08, 2012

It's still going on in NZ, just checked my bank account this morning and it seems like they're trying to hide the illegal transactions by lowering the amount they're trying to take from you, mine was $20NZD. Will have to wait for the payment to process, then put through a dispute on my debit card, have gotten my card cancelled and fortunately they waived the new card fee. Definately complain to your bank!!!

• Lo
    Lois Davis Dec 04, 2012

I want a full refund for this product because I don't need it.

• Ka
    kashyapvankayala Jun 08, 2013

sir my account has been debited with 3000 unnecessarily. i want u to debit back my mone as soon as possible.if no i would go to police to file a complaint.please i request you to debit back my money

• Ap
    apnapasha Jun 16, 2013

I have lost money too from a fraud transaction carried out and ythe beneficiary is Digital River Luxembourg.

I have spoken to my bank and they seem to be clueless. How will I get back my money?

• He
    Herminio Rodriguez Jul 21, 2014

Good Afternoon
    I bought the July 19, 2014 one Internet Security 3 computers license for one year for 29.99 usd but not received the activation code, so I beg you forwarded to this address [email protected] I'm Herminio Rodriguez

• He
    Herminio Rodriguez Jul 21, 2014

Good Afternoon
    I bought the July 19, 2014 one Internet Security 3 computers license for one year for 29.99 USD but not received the activation code, so I beg you forwarded to this address [email protected] or [email protected] I'm Herminio Rodriguez

• At
    attiram Jan 15, 2015

In my case it was not my credit card.It was Paypal, who originally wanted € 29, 95 for Digital River..., untill an incasso service wants now € 83, 21 and still more, if I don`t pay. I din`t order or buy anything ! What can I do? Pleas help me. Thanks

• Ri
    riversnew Jun 17, 2016

On 2/17/10 I ordered download of Windows Office 2007 Ultimate with backup DVD. As of 3/4/10 I had not received the DVD. When I called DR and asked about the status of my order, I was told that I needed to wait until 3/11/10 and call them back then, When I asked why I needed to wait until 3/11/10, I was told this was their policy because the item will likely show up by then. When I asked if it was shipped, I was told yes, "it was shipped on 2/19/10". I called USPS and asked when is mail considered lost --- 5 postal days they told me. So what anal policy requires someone to wait 22 days for shipment that takes USPS 2-3 days to deliver, just to find out if it'll somehow show up. I believe that DR never shipped my order.

Stay away from this company. The few dollars that you'll save, are just not worth the illogic of this company. And get this, they actually hold up your shipment until they reach 200 pieces of mail to qualify for bulk rate before they'll ship.