Domino's Pizza Linway Plaza Goshendomino's owner lied to better business bureau

I contacted the Better Business Bureau about the way that the Linway Plaza Domino's in Goshen Indiana handled the events after their driver killed our puppy in March and was appalled at the way that the owner and the driver that killed our puppy lied about what happened. The owner stated that we had 4 to 5 dogs(this coming from their driver) when we had 2 and that included the one that he killed. They lied saying the driver didn't know that the puppy was out when he was standing in my kitchen door when my son said the puppy got out and even admitted he saw my son chasing the puppy in our neighbors yard before he ran over it. We also have witness's that were standing in the kitchen that heard us tell the driver the puppy slipped out the doorway. They also mentioned a leash law and that because the puppy was not on a leash that the responsibity and death of our puppy was our fault. WOW...I didn't know that I was supposed to keep my puppy on a leash in our home!!! The franchise owner also told the BBB that she consoled me on the phone for about 40 minutes when we only talked briefly because I had to catch a plane and told her I would call her back when she asked if there was anything they could do. I couldn't talk and didn't want to cry on the plane all the way to DC., so I again told her I would call her back. I was gone a few days and came home to some roses from them with a card and that was supposed to be the end of it with them When I returned home and called like I said I would, she was very short and rude and then told me she would call me back the next day and never did. There were so many holes in their version that they gave the BBB that you wouldn't want to take it out in the rain for fear of getting soaked. Needless to say both the franchise owner and their driver are experienced at telling lies long enough that they believe what they are saying. The roses made me sick because the loss of my puppy was not something that roses could in any way help console with. I am telling everyone I know about Donino's pizza and I think there are a lot of dog owners that would never order a pizza from them again. So the next time you think about ordering pizza and you order from Domino's in Goshen Indiana, you better lock up your animals or even your children because all you will get is a dozen roses if something bad happens.

mamasaid Sep 11, 2010

What would you have liked the outcome to be then?

mamasaid Sep 11, 2010

What would you have liked the outcome to be then? People always complain about not getting the results that they want, but don't ask for what they want to begin with. What did you want to happen?

• Mo
    mommaoffivekiddos Aug 15, 2012

Most likely a heartfelt apology...Also for them to admit a mistake and take responsibility for thier actions. IF it were my animal...I would be upset too. Many people care about thier animals like family members. I just changed my mind ..I would rather not have thier service drivers pull into my driveway. Ill order from elsewhere...besides if they lied about that, , , , , what else are they lying about??????

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices