DometicRV Rooftop AC

T

I have a 2013 5th wheel that came with a non-working Dometic AC. After several months of service calls they finally declared the compressor was bad and gave me a new one in March of 2014. Within 6 weekend uses the new one wasn't cooling either. But since it has been in storage for the winter months we didn't know it wasn't working. Family vacation this summer and we have another new AC at the cost of 200 deductible. Dometic needs to stand behind their products. Our RV repairman said we were his 5th customer of the weekend to have their Dometic AC go bad. Bad run or China made products. We will see if Dometic will reimburse me for the $200 I'm out.

• Vi
    Vici d Aug 13, 2019

We had 3 Dometic AC's put in, 1 then 2 a year later. 1st one works great. the other 2 never did work right, but the repair people kept saying it was this or that, never the same problem twice. They called Dometic while I was there, and I called them too, but they have no records of my calls. In fact, they can only find 1 of my registration/warranty cards. The "current" diagnosis is no freeon... and these are sealed units which cannot have freeon put in... solution (you got it) buy 2 new units. I am beyond my warranty, but I wasn't when the problem was reported to them (which they do not show in their records). I should have written letters, certified, return receipt. I am so angry I even articulate everything you might need to made a decision. But, know this: this is not an honorable company and their products are crap. I've read on several sites that loss of freeon is a problem and they know it because they have replaced some units, but they don't stand behind their units.