Dollar General / poor customer service

United States Review updated:

Today (May 31, 2019 at 16:46:23), I visited the Dollar General at 990 Kildaire Farm Road in Cary, NC. I purchased several semi-heavy items (bleach and other cleaning supplies). When I arrived at the cash register, the cashier completely ignored me and another customer behind me as we were standing in line. Another employee had to tell her to check us out.

The cashier asked if I wanted a bag for my items. I said, "yes". She immediately copped an attitude and slammed the scanner on the counter. All I could say was WOW!!! I guess she didn't want to double bag items or even put them in one bag for that matter.

At the very least, she needs to lose her job. It was obvious this was not her first time acting in such an unprofessional and unacceptable manner. There are to many unemployed people, who would be grateful to be employed by Dollar General.

I did not have a problem with my products, but the customer service was atrocious. I guess a gift card would suffice.

Sh
May 31, 2019

Comments

• Th
      Jun 01, 2019

She might’ve been facing a bad day and you want her fired. I’m going to go to your job when you’re having a bad day and demand your termination

• In
      Jun 11, 2019

There are certain things that should be understood before you take a job in a customer service field. Foremost is that it's your job to provide service to the customers, among other job responsibilities as outline prior to your hiring and during training. It is also your job to interact with the customers in such a way that they want to come back to the store and continue to spend money (EG, GOOD customer service). If you can not perform the basic required skills of the job you accept then yes, you should be fired. It's nothing personal. You either do your job or get fired. No one should feel like they have a right to employment if they're not going to do their job as their company requires. That isn't good for the company or the customers and it's unfair to the rest of the employees that have to pick up the bad employee's slack.