Dollar Generalscamed and cheated!

Female Managers have filed a Discrimination lawsuit against Dollar General because KKR & Dollar General Corp pay female manager less than male managers for the exact same work and job. Amazing how this day and age companies are allowed to engage is such discriminatory behavior while individuals take it in the chin. Oh thats rights, individuals can't afford to pursue their legal remedies because attorneys demand such outrageous fee's that only big business can afford.

No wonder individual rights are ignored in the courts.

• Sr
    srewedbydg May 01, 2008

THAT MUST BE WHY FOR EVERY 20 STORES YOU SEE 2 MALE MANAGERS.

• Da
    dawn watkins Jul 12, 2008

I am a female manager and I feel that you get paid according to your job performance. If you feel you are not making what a male manager is, it is probably because you are to busy finding a easy way out(such as a law suit) instead of doing you job

• Ra
    rashekia cross Aug 27, 2008

YOU SHOULD DO MORE INVESTIGATING ON THE MATTER OF FEMALE MANAGERS GETTING PAID LESS THAN MALE MANAGERS. MR. RICK DREILING, CEO NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT THIS AND ADDRESS THE THIS MATTER. ALSO, HAVE YOU TRIED THE DEPARTMENT OF LABOR. THANK YOU, RASHEKIA CROSS!!

• St
    stang8688 May 10, 2009

I have proof of this going on at Dollar General.I have workeed as a manager there for 3 yrs i just got a raise making 38000 guess what fired a week later for some bogus trumped up charges they tried to stick me withThis also happened to another manager making 37000 they fired us on same day.The new manager is making 31000 You do the math.I have contacted a lawyer unfortunately dg is a at will employer.They can fire you for anything they want even if they are wrong and nothing can be done about it.Its time for this crap to stop in the United States.Im not for unions but dg needs something so this unfair labor practice stops [protected]@yahoo.com

Mickey May 23, 2009

The last several managers at our local Dollar General were fired. I honestly believe they don't like their managers to make too much money. The managers always seem to lose out on their bonuses due to some ridiculous reason. I was an assistant manager who actually got fired AFTER I quit. Actually, leaving Dollar General has improved my health and my attitude.

I honestly believe people should boycott Dollar General because of the horrible way they treat their employees. Ethics should mean more than saving a few pennies.

Mickey May 23, 2009

First of all, I am a woman. Secondly, I was fired AFTER I quit. And thirdly, I am smart enough to use punctuation properly.

Learn to spell, capitalize, punctuate, and use proper English. THEN you can tell me how dumb I am.

Mickey May 23, 2009

How did I know you would resort to name calling? Thanks for showing your immaturity so quickly. You are truly not worth bothering with.

Mickey May 23, 2009

Wow-your punctuation is horrid! HAHAHAHAHA!!

• Br
    Brett May 24, 2009

Mickey, as rude as Jason is it is very childish of you to point out someone's spelling, grammar mistakes. Like he said in another post so what. This is the internet, not English class. For you to mention his spelling mistakes and grammar mistakes is very immature of you. Not everyone lives in an English speaking country, and even if they do not everyone speaks it well because it is not their first language. Seriously both of you need to grow up. Also perpahs punctuation is different from where you live, because aside from a few mistakes I don't see much problem with it. I think you are just being childish as him by bringing that in this complaint when it has nothing to do with the complaint. Learn to stay on topic. Or do you two have ADHD.

• Ls
    lsneon Oct 26, 2009

I never see any male managers in Orlando for dollar general. Good to know gives me another reason to boycott them thanx

• Em
    EMPLOYED Jan 24, 2010

I work for Dollar General and have so for 6 years now. I have met many people in this small community that I grew up in. Never really knew them at all. Have come to know them all as a community proud people who consider this store their local mall. Many people young and older have worked in this store over the past years. Many things have changed over the years - some for the better. I, being older, became settled and afraid to change jobs and always held optimism towards my job, position and company. Over the past 16 months I have been shocked, disappointed and thoroughly disgusted to see how faithful and hard-working employees have been discarded and treated with about as much respect as the cardboard from last week's truck. I have worked diligently and when I finally stood up for my rights and others I have found myself railroaded and blackballed. I reported my concerns to the corporate office concerning our district manager and his refusal to handle the situation. Now my days are numbered as an employee as I feel the mounted pressure daily. It's very difficult to smile, be friendly and do my daily chores knowing the company I work for was built on BLOOD, SWEAT. TEARS AND TOTAL DISRESPECT FOR HONEST, HARDWORKING DECENT PEOPLE. I pray to God every night to help me out of this horrible situation. KARMA IS A REAL ### LADIES AND GENTLEMEN [AND I USE THAT TERM VERY LOOSELY].

• Ke
    Kellie Graham Jun 10, 2010

I know where all of you are coming from. I was a store manager from August 2007 ubtill May 5, 2010. I was terminated for donating pennied items to local non profit organizations, I was told it was a company policy. I know that for a fact that isnt true. I also I have a copy of an email sent from the corporate office from John Rodgers stateing to remove from the floor and either doanate it to a non profit organization or destroy it, so I donated as I did time and time again. We had just gotten camaras in January, so we gathered up the items as we did in the past and called our local Childrens home and Womans Aid and crisis to pick up the items. We go a new DM the first of April and by April 27th he had already fired one assitant manager, lead clerk, and suspened me untill they came to a desision on weather I was going to be terminated or not. He told me that he would call me that Friday with a desision, well Friday came and went, so I tried to get ahold of the RM finally on May 5, 2010 he called me that afternoon and told me that they came to the desison to terminate my postion, they did this over the phone reall professional. In the mean time the DM was demonted back down to a store manager.
    I loved my job I had never been written up, my store was at model store, never behind on planograms, and my store finally reached a million dollars in sales in April 2008, all my store review was always in the high 90"s. This company has some real issues.
    I filed for unemployement, and waited on the deputy desision and it was in my favor I gave them a copy of the email and store employee hand book, but was funny was the told the unemployment office I left due to personel reason, I didnt leave I was terminated or I would still be there.
    Kellie Graham Was Store Manager at Store 4477 Elkins WV
    email me wil more information
    [protected]@yahoo.com

maddaughter Jun 30, 2010

i am trying to get an employee handbook. does anyone know if there is one online? i need to know the policy regarding shortage and suspension.

Managerundersuspensionok Oct 13, 2010

I have a SOP in my possession if anyone needs any policy information...I too was fired over the phone...and I recall the email Jon Rogers sent us about donationg the pennie items...GRRRRRR whats the matter w/ DG????

• Sm
    smiley28114 Dec 13, 2010

can a man and wife work at the same store on differnt shfts/