Dollar General Cedar Shoals Athens GAcleanliness

L Nov 05, 2018

It was very nice to have a new store when this store was built but it started to go downhill very fast. The store is very cluttered you cannot get down any aisle at any time of the day you cannot find any help. All of the clerks and managers are always on their cell phones outside when you pull up no one is in the store every single time they are on their cell phones and smoking a cigarette out front when you try to check out you stand in line forever waiting on them to come back inside to check you out. The lines are super long because no one is at the register to check you out because they're smoking or on their cell phones. I can not get down the aisles at any time of the day morning, middle of the day, or night. These are not just stocking times but they have everything sitting there like they are stocking shelves but the junk is falling all over the floor and I cannot get around I have to go back around to get something on each side of the aisle I cannot go down the aisle completely it is ridiculous it is so embarrassing and just disgraceful to have a store like that and I feel like you should know about it and something should be done especially after it was such a nice store to begin with.

• Updated by Lynn Davis. · Nov 06, 2018

Not true. I knew that would be the excuse. This is like this every single day. I can go in that store and it looks that way every day any time. Has been for 6 months almost. I'm not making this up. It is like this every single day. And not just stocking as I stated. Junk in all in the floor. Not to mention. I stated how the managers and clerks are always outside smoking while I wait at the register. And on their cell phones gossiping while checking me out. It's getting worse. But of course my first complaint wasn't taken serious as I thought.

• Fe
    Fed up with entitled people Nov 06, 2018

Looks like truck day and trying to set Christmas. And since stores run on a very low budget for payroll there is usually only a couple people there at a time. This is not employee choice, this is the hand they are dealt. A little patience from customers while they work through it would be great, but I guess understanding is to much to ask for.. stores are not perfect 100% of the time.

• Fe
    Fed up with entitled people Nov 06, 2018

You do know the this is an open forum and dollar general doesn't monitor this site. If you want to complain do the survey or call customer service. But they don't care that is why there is no staffing and the ones who are there have a tendency to give up and not care. If the company doesn't care enough to give the correct support to its stores the employees cant to much

• Ly
    Lynn Davis. Nov 06, 2018

@Fed up with entitled people Gotcha.