Dollar Generalaccused of stealing

I went into the store on 12-24-2011. Had 4 items in my cart, my husband called me and told me I had to hurry and come home. I grabbed the items and put them back on the shelf. I grabbed a book by the front door and opened it just to see what kind of deals they had before I came back, I was just looking for stocking stuffer's... The mgr at the store, who's name is patrick stood there and in a rude way said"your in a hurry huh" why don't you remove the items in your purse before you go"he grabbed my purse and rudely searched it, found nothing and then threw it back at me, almost spilling my things on the floor. He then tells me"people that have big purses tend to steal this time of year"I say you know what, that was very rude I want your corps number, they would not give it to me. Then I told him, how dare he assume because I had a big purse I stole something? I then took him to the isle I put the items back in, and showed him exactly where they were on the shelf. He took them and shoved them back like he was mad because he didn't find anything on me? I then again asked for the phone number to make a complaint, they again would not give it to me. The lady at the register said he was the mgr and there wasn't a thing she could do! My sister has her own store in ohio so I called her and she said I definitely need to report him. Which is what I am doing. I am in the process of hiring a attorney over this because he had no right to snatch my personal belongings, for one.. He had no reason at all other than my purse was too big to even look in my things, and he rudely threw my purse at me and got mad when he couldn't find anything. I have never been that humiliated before in public. I want something done about this, that man doesn't deserve to work around humans. I am very disappointed nothing was done when I wrote the company a few days ago. My family and friends refuse to go to that store now, and I will never step in there again. If this isn't the site I should be at please let me know so I can turn him in to the right place. I'm positive it was on tape so if they pull it they will see how rude he was to me and what he said. Then after all of that happened he says to me" this is the time of year when people tend to steal" I told him he accused the wrong one with me and walked out. Id like something done about this.

• Ti
    Tiff:] Sep 06, 2012

I do agree that they are very rude at the dollar general in hobart, Indiana. I work at the family dollar in hobart and we greet and smile and help as much as we can with every single customer... where as dollar general employees do not.. I am sorry that you had to go through that hun. :[

• Re
    Reviewyou Apr 15, 2012

Dollar General on Ridge Road, Hobart Indiana- Who hires the employees? I frequent this store and find that the "newer" employees are very rude. As far as I'm concerned they will not be getting my business any further. I tend to stop there about once a week and spend about 25 to 35 dollars each time, but I will spend my money elsewhere from now on.

Jammie Mey Jan 19, 2012

I still havent heard back from their corprate office!! So now, i take your advice and im calling first thing in the morning to find the right att:) I tried to give them the chance to call, write, just something and nothing so...Now im gonna take this as far as i can to make sure this doesnt happen to someone else or even me! Because im NOT a friendly person when cornered and threatened or someone touches my things...Ive been nic long enough!! I will deff let you know what happens:)

Jammie Mey Jan 02, 2012

Thank you impudent1..I will do just that:) I am more upset that he rudely grabbed my purse then threw it back at me and was madder than hell because he found nothing! lol.. He was dead wrong and the tape(if there is any) will show it all.

Jammie Mey Jan 02, 2012

My MAIN complaint is HE touched my belongings for absoutely NO REASON AT ALL other than HIS ASSUMPTIONS?! Then proceed to THROW my purse at me when he found nothing...read the complaint before commenting:) thanks:)