Dishnetdebitting double payment and rude custormer service

W

On 10/01/2017 my bank account was debbitted $286.30 when my bill was only $143.15. I called and asked why my account had been debitted the $286.30 and my bill was only $143.15 and was told that I had given permission to dishnet to debit that amount. I talked to a customer service agent name patrict and told him that I never gave dishnet permission to debit my account double what was olded. Patrict said that he was sorry and couldn't put the money back into my account after I requested it because the debit had not been posted yet and to call back on 10/02/2017 after the debit has been posted and dishnet would refund me. When I called back on 10/02/2017 and spoke to someone who says his name was patrict he told me that dishnet couldnot refund the over payment until 7-10 business days. I explained that I need the money back into my account that day as I had never given permission for it to be taken out in the first place and it could cause other checks that I have out to bounce. I was told that he was sorry but policy was refund are given 7-10 business days later. After going through one or two other personal
I was finally told that it was a glich in their computors. I was treated very rudly and with total disrespect from the final represented that I spoke to who said her name was anveria. She was suppose to be from their corprate office and gave her phone number as [protected]. This is the worse customer service I have even seen.

mdick Jan 09, 2014

not a happy camper at this point!! I contacted Dish net to acquire service in my home of tv and internet. The service was installed and shortly after I had to go to Md to take care of some things. This process took 2 months. When I returned home, I found the installation caused a leak on the outside edge of my roof, draining down wall, to floor, ruining my carpet which I had to take up as it had mildewed. I contacted dish filing a damage claim, it took forever to get someone out here and forever to be told sorry it is from other room not our installation! First off, there is NO DAMAGE in the room they claimed caused it, no leaks and you can plainly see it is where the dish was placed on roof. I totally understand things happen and have no issue with that, dish net just needs to step up and accept responsibility and take care of the damages. I am a very dissatisfied and unhappy soon to be FORMER customer! I want no part of a company who lies and wont fix what they ruin in the process!!! Want everyone to know how dish net treats their customers. Just sayin...

mdick Jan 09, 2014

I contacted Dish net to acquire service in my home of tv and internet. The service was installed and shortly after I had to go to Md to sadly place my mom into a nursing home. This process took 2 months. When I returned home, I found the installation caused a leak on the outside edge of my roof, draining down wall, to floor, ruining my carpet which I had to take up as it had mildewed. I contacted dish filing a damage claim, it took forever to get someone out here and forever to be told sorry it is from other room not our installation! First off, there is NO DAMAGE in the room they claimed caused it, no leaks and you can plainly see it is where the dish was placed on roof. I totally understand things happen and have no issue with that, dish net just needs to step up and accept responsibility and take care of the damages. I am a very dissatisfied and unhappy soon to be FORMER customer! I want no part of a company who lies and wont fix what they ruin in the process!!!

• Di
    Disgusted999 Jul 28, 2013

We order Dishnet and after about a week it was really slow, so we call and asked if someone could check, because the installer did not install the router to the service, just left the disk for us to do it. They said everything was OK, I don't know how they knew that, they were on the phone with me. Anyway we found out that we had been throttled. OK, after about a week we used more than 5 gigs. We asked if they could get a history of our usage, and they said "no". We've had internet with another company previously for about 4 years and never went over 2gigs and could get a history of usage. NOW how did we do that? They said we uploaded 6 gigs but we are in our 70's and if we upload anything it is a picture. They wouldn't listen, it wasn't their problem, we needed to up our usage and pay $10 for additional to make it until the next month. Our bill went from $126 to $270. BOY did we make a huge mistake changing!! Don't do it! This sure makes DISH look bad. We have been with them since 1996 and then to get into this and there is no help getting out except to PAY $420. Bad advertising for them!

SatelliteFan Jul 09, 2013

On the advertisement it does also state that you may need to contact a local retailer in order to receive the Internet in some places. It's not false advertisement you just have to read the entire ad.

• Ni
    nicolereyes7 Jun 30, 2013

I have dish and I see their commercials advertising that you can get dishnet (Their internet service) anywhere... They go so far as to reiterate the point by showing a farm and remote locations and stating you can get dishnet anywhere. Well I called the number on the t. V. Gave my dish account number and then told them what I was calling about. They said sorry dishnet is not available in your area, I live in sacramento, in the city and yet they can offer someone who lives in the middle of nowhere internet service but not someone living in the city. There advertisement is false, whatever happened to the laws against false advertisement.

• 00
    008aheadofjamesbond Jun 24, 2013

I have been customer with Dishnet for several years using the cable/satellite on the TV. I wanted to add internet services. I went through the process of testing to see how many megabites the house used monthly, and decided it would work. I contacted Dishnet, had service set up. It took the technician and his supervisor 4 days to install and get a signal. On the 4th day at 8:45 p.m. I decided this was not a sufficient service and called to cancel. The rep told me to tell the tech's to take the internet equipment with them. They refused stating they do NOT work for Dishnet. I called back to be told a call tag was issued to have the internet modem returned, as the tree had been installed on the roof and this rep stated it could stay there. In the fine print at the bottom of the website, it states if service is cancelled, the customer would be charged for the equipment and early termination for the term of the contract of 2 years. I wanted to make sure I would not be charged and told "No, the call tag would be sent and we would need to pack up the modem and any other items on the ground, then return to UPS or Fedex, whichever company Dishnet issued this call tag with. After 2 weeks we had not received the call tag, so I called again. The rep ordered another (supposedly). A 3rd call was placed to find out where the tag was, and this foreign speaking man tells me, "The equipment is obsolete, so Dishnet does not need and no call tag necessary for return." I let this go, thinking I am not going to be billed over $300.00.
    I check the account regularly in order to know how much the payment for monthly services will be deducted from my checking account. This fee has been going up on a regular basis. In January 2017 I was paying $67.00 and now I am paying $72.00, no explanation why this continues to increase so rapidly.
    June 17, 2017 I looked at the Dishnet account to see if the payment had been deducted and I notice a balance on account $308.86. I immediately call and the rep explains, "It is for the internet equipment." I tell him I had already called several times and did not have my notes in front of me, but the last call I was told Dishnet did no want this equipment, and no need to return. He said he would issue another call return tag, expect to receive this in 7-10 business days. Once I get the box, pack up all the items and drop off at the nearest drop center. Naturally, I get the usual "I am sorry you had bad information, but we can clear this. I won't be charged $308.86, as this will keep them from deducting the money.
    Instead, the payment was processed for the monthly service, and a payment processed for $220.00 on my account the same day as the call tag was issued. This is without my knowledge or consent. I go get prescriptions and gasoline. On June 20, 2017 I go online to check my balance on my checking account to find the charge and overdraft fee's for three transactions. The overdraft fee is $34.97 per charge. I am negative in account balance. I call Dishnet to find out why they took my money when a call tag had been issued for 4th time in reality of my phone calls. Asked for a supervisor when the rep answered, and I have to go through her first so she can figure out who I need to speak to. I was finally transferred to Executive Resolution Center; to tell the ordeal once again. She tells me she can correct this and reimburse me for the overdraft fee's. First, we can send a call tag which will take 7=10 days to arrive (business days), then pack up the modem & other items to drop @ a UPS drop center, once I get the tracking number call her and she will credit the account, I can send the items back myself and as soon as I get the tracking number call. I sent the equipemnt back at noon on June 21, 2 013. The overdraft fee's I will need to get a statement from the bank showing which transactions were overdraft & fee's. Fax this to her and she will be at work on Sunday 6/23/2017 to call me and take care of this problem.
    I went to the bank. I got the statement, faxed from the bank. I called with the tracking number. I am told they cannot verify as UPS had not entered the tracking into their system. Wait a couple hours and call back . I spent the entire day checking the UPS registry, saw it entered at 6:00 p.m.. then called again to be told it takes 3 to 5 business days to have the $220. 00 returned. They will have the equipment on Tuesday, and I still have no money. On Sunday 6/23/2017 I check my bank balance to find another overdraft fee on the$220 charges. I did not receive the phone call as I was told by the original rep from 6/21/2017. I have to go to the bank again, send all the documentation and I will call this woman myself.
    I am disabled on a fixed income and this company takes $431.69 from me, when they are at fault for not sending the call tag in March. This is theft, anyway a person looks at it. I need an attorney at this point, as I feel I need to be heard and let Dishnet know you cannot rip people off. They apparently do not train the employee's as everytime you call you can expect a diferent answet to the problem.
    I am not suppose to take on stress as it affects my health condition. In the meantime, I am without money to get my medications, food, and necessary living items. I am very distrat and at the mercy of Dishnet, as I wait for them to do the correct thing. Which is return my money and pay the overdrafts.

• Si
    siahusky Feb 22, 2012

Customer service are liars plain and simple, and they make people feel like the customer are trying to cheat them...
    We decided to get the movie pass so we did. They did not tell us at first that we needed to upgrade our modem at that time we had 3 mps. So after another call after trying to download movies they after 15 mins or so they said that they were upgrading and it would be on soon. After a few days they said OH you do not have enough speed after the 3rd call to them...THEN we still could not get the movies to down load..so they said they would have to have a tech come out for a fee...of course then ended up selling us the maintenance plan...he came out 3 or 4 times and a change in our dvr...we called and told them we are still having trouble. What we ended up doing is go to the menu then check connection then we could download a movie from blockbuster.. No help there...We talked to a supervisor and I do not remember his name now told us he would give us the block buster for a year and no charge...We just found out from a call to them today about billing that it was only for 3 months...so now we feel we are the liars...Then they billed us more then what we were suppose to so we text chatted with them after insisting we asked for a supervisor they told us we had to call them, which by the way is a lie because the last time we did get a supervisor on line..So we called and after some yelling because it seems that is all the customer service understands. We got the supervisor. He said he would credit our credit card within 5 days from today so I am expecting either a lie or a truth...I am not sure who you outsource you customer service to but the company needs to rethink things...Unfortunately we are on a 2 yr agreement with dish so if it was not for that we would be switching to direct TV...

Martha2010 Jan 31, 2011

Dishnet boxes are old and creates fires, please be catious.
    Prices are misrepresentation.
    When I moved, and wated to full fill my obligations for the rest of 24 months, they disagreed and did not want to replcae their heated box of DVR !! cheap, theives, rude !

• Da
    Daniel Justice Apr 04, 2009

I was quoted 29.99/mo with no contract by Dishnet - Dish Network. They sent billing for $49/mo, $99/mo, and later $214 for a totally-fabricated contract. I cancelled their service after about 9 days because of hasseling over charges and very rude customer service.

I can't figure out how Dish Network can stay in bussiness with such brazen disregard to law and ethics. It woud be good if a government agency could discover and punish the perpetrators.

• Pa
    Patricia Dietz Jan 06, 2008

TOTALLY AGREE!!! When I have to go thru another country to get answers to questions, I am absolutely livid!!! Right now I am waiting for an answer as to why I wasn't informed the NEW amount I will be charged for programming starting in February. I am SERIOUSLY thinking of swithing to Direct ... at least they have American customer service and I can get a direct answer without any hassle.