Dish TV Indiapathetic service!

R

We had a strong wind in Ghaziabad on Sunday i.e. 6th may'07 evening. That was enough to kaput my 2 dish TV set-top boxes. Then I called customer care who said it would be fixed in 24 hrs. The next day I call up to ask why no one has come and they tell me my complaints have been resolved as per their record. pray how? By magic? They give me two more complaint numbers for my 2 set-top boxes. So now I have 4 complaint numbers for my 2 set-top boxes but does that help? No! I have to go to a neighborhood dealer, pay 300 bucks and he realigns the antenna. I tell them to put the antenna in my balcony but no that is not possible! So it is Tuesday after 48 hrs my TV is back. Is all well? No, the next day again one of my set-top boxes goes kaput. I call customer care. They f/w my old complaint number. Thursday comes. No one from dish TV yet. I call the dealer who says he will come but does not. It is now Friday and i am left wondering why the heck I bought dish TV in the first place. If you guys cannot handle simple problems why do you enter the cable TV business. I have never seen such pathetic service. My next course of action. Tell all my acquaintances to never buy Dish TV. Then broadcast all over the internet my awful experience so that people get a lesson not to buy Dish ever.

No thanks to Dish TV,
A disgruntled customer.
Ranjit Datta.

• Updated by Dishtv Helpdesk · Sep 28, 2007

Dear Mr. Sharma,

I appreciate and thank you for your valuable feedback and to ensure an action immediately on this issue would request you to provide your contact number as your VC No. is already here.

we will check this at our end and get back to you ASAP.

Dishtv Helpdesk
    Contact Number: [protected], [protected]
    Website: www.dishtvindia.in

• Updated by Dishtv Helpdesk · Oct 15, 2007

Dear Mr. Mathew,

I thank you for taking time to write a detailed feedback on our services.To ensure an action on this issue, would appreciate if you could send more details. Please provide us your contact number ,your VC No. and Complaint No. We will check this from our end and get back to you ASAP. Also you can mail us your details.

Dishtv Helpdesk
    Email Id: [email protected]
    Contact Number: [protected], [protected].
    Website: www.dishtvindia.in.

• Updated by Dishtv Helpdesk · Nov 26, 2007

Dear Mr.Das,

We thank you for writing your valuable feedback on our services. To ensure an action immediately on this issue we appreciate if you wold be able to provide Contact No as you have already mentioned your VC No here. Please provide us complaint number (if any). We will check this at our end and get back to ASAP.

dishtv helpdesk,
    website: www.dishtvindia.in
    Contact No: [protected] , [protected]

Online _CST Sep 03, 2016

Dear Anoop.k.a

Information about your complaint is still awaited from you. Please contact us on [email protected] with the necessary details for any further assistance.

Online _CST Aug 27, 2016

Dear Anoop.k.a

Hope you are doing good.

We are sorry for the experience you had. Please write to us about your problem with your VC number and registered mobile number at [email protected] and we will put all our efforts in trying to help you out.

Anoop.k.a Aug 23, 2016

Unfortunately my dish tv showing card deactivated

Anoop.k.a May 28, 2016

Its better

Online _CST May 06, 2016

Dear Shivam Saxena,

Hope you are doing good.

• Sh
    Shivam Saxena May 04, 2016

I am facing a same problem since last 3 months and dish tv customer support does not provide me solution I have talked to arpita and zahir floor supervisor and aruv their manager. They denied to resolve my problem and I am facing the worst services provided bt dish tv..

Online _CST Apr 19, 2016

Dear Rajeswari Baghavatheeswaran,

Our team got in touch with you on mobile no. [protected] and it has been confirmed that as you not aware of the issues or concern. So kindly contact at our customer care if he has any issues or concerns with DishTv . For any further clarifications, please drop us an email on [email protected]

Rajeswari Baghavatheeswaran Apr 17, 2016

connection no [protected]
    Dish TV gets disconnected for half of the time.Recharge date shows something as against actual recharge date and we need to call the customer care to get it rectified.The card gets dislodged and we need to give a call.Dish TV says not recharged even if already recharged and we need to give a call.They do not have a tollfree number also instead want us to send an sms asking them to call us and this sms is charged and they would not call us back.If we call they would say that the system is slow and would make us hold for a longtime saying that they are checking.Finally with no guidance they would say if you are unable to do we would send a technician who would charge you Rs 150+s tax+other charges.Easy money minting technique.They can very well give a disclaimer like mutual funds and life insurance that old people availing such facility would have to shell out money every week as such problems are likely to arise and connection not advisible for people who are not technicians as they should know to repair their connection every now and then .useless service. phone number [protected]

mand sandeep Mar 09, 2016

Hi sir my name is sarbjeet singh sandhu I am from Punjab India I pay the some channel like sports music etc but untill now it's not working my vc # is [protected] it's almost more then a week I pay but untill now not working

Online _CST Sep 10, 2015

Dear Ajay lokwani

We hope your issue has been resolved. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.
    Please feel free to give us your feedback at [email protected]
    Have a nice day.

Online _CST Sep 09, 2015

Dear Ajay lokwani

Thanks for voicing your concern. Please be assured that we working on your problem and we will get in touch with you at the earliest. For any further clarifications, please drop us an email on [email protected]

• Aj
    Ajay lokwani Sep 08, 2015

Hii sir to reversal my recharge my wrong v c no [protected] 255 last week friday 4/8/2015 to reverse my recharge my right v c Num is [protected] Wrong Trans I'd Is SREC112106970

• Xp
    xproo Aug 27, 2013

hi Please Help My Cart With ProblemAnd ChannelThe Open It does not and Image error 201.card refresh error Show That Please help vcno-[protected]-3 Thank

• Xp
    xpro Aug 27, 2013

hell.please help me my card 201.card refresh error vc no-[protected]-3

• P1
    p10_sri Aug 24, 2013

DishTv still doesn't provide following channels in their platform. ie, you can't watch them in any way :

1. Aaj tak tej
    2. Darshan 24
    3. Food Food
    4. MH1-shradha
    5. & Pictures
    6. Delhi aaj tak
    7. UTV Stars
    8. Total TV

Other thing is once you become a customer there is no refund / cancellation process. You are tied to them .. dish tv sucks !!! I even wrote a email to their "send letter to CEO section" on their website having Request No : 32044, but to no avail. don't ever buy dishtv !!

No wonder their brand ambassador shahrukh khan himself doesn't have Dishtv has it's home

• P1
    p10_sri Aug 24, 2013

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I became a new customer of the Dish TV family on Aug 16, 2013 and my VC is [protected]. I had purchased "DTH Super Platinum" package under your "life time offer" by paying a sum of Rs 13, 690/- but great hope. My only mistake was that I didn't checked the full list of channel coverage and availability.

Now after installation to my dismay I am discovering that there are quite a few channels that my parents used to watch (AAj tak Tez, Darshan 24, Mh1 Shraddha, UTV Stars, Food-Food, Delhi Aaj Tak, Dabangg and Total TV ) which are not available in the DishTv platform. These are my parents favorite which they used to watch daily on a regular basis. I had basically purchased this cable plan for parents only. Even some channels like zee khana khazana which are supposed to be available to me in the pack (http://www.dishtv.in/super-platinum.aspx) gives error messages that I am not subscribed to them.

Now I want to cancel my subscription and want full refund of my money. When I took up this matter with DishTV (Request No : 32044) I found that there is no way that not be available and now I would like to cancel my subscription. This is against my rights as a consumer as how can that be possible that I can subscribe to a service but can't get out of that, this is plain cheating an malpractice being done on account of DishTv. I would now be tied to this connection for a period of 5 yrs which is a big time span. :(

Pradeep
    encl : details of life time pack and their channel coverage on dishtv website (as on aug 24, 2013)

chamith Oct 27, 2012

MY NAME IS ANBU... MY DISH TV NI [protected] PLS ADD ADITHYA CHAENNEL

• Di
    dishtvsufferer Apr 24, 2011

The dishtv is the worst service ever.They are stealing the money from people by forcing them to pay highest plan for dishtruhd customers.Its unfair even though they have wide range of packs to choose they wont allow to degrade the plans but only one can upgrade.

• Du
    Dushy Oct 13, 2010

I can, t pay my recharge amount using my credit card. that forum is odes not work. how can i pay?

• Am
    Amar Oct 23, 2009

I will give you the email id of Dishtv customer care, Just mail your concern their for quick resolution of your complaint along with your complete details like VC No, Address and Conatct number.

Sujata1 Oct 14, 2009

It's very true..Dish TV service, really rubbish...i dont understand why the hell they have the customer care number..you will never get a chance to talk to an executive rather will bear with one computerised message for as long as you can (1/2 hr i tried)...
    Every 10/15day i a get a message "Your setup box is not connected properly...".
    Luckily once i got connected to an executive and one technician had come and reinstalled some h/w in the setup box and i had to pay visiting charge + h/w cost and then after 15day same problem and when i call them on one picks the phone..Every month(i think on 29th day) they will disconnect if i forget to pay..
    Its really embarrassing ...I too want to go to consumer court..I live in BTM Layout, Bangaloe.please let me know the process.

rai Jul 22, 2009

i would go for rcharge dish tv, but it access my request, witout recharge my will go off

• Ab
    abdulwahab Apr 30, 2009

two days before send money now to no activation

sanjib hazra Sep 12, 2008

how will i pament dishtv by visa card

• Om
    om parkash goyal Sep 01, 2008

Respected Sir, my VC number is [protected]. i have total 3 connections on my name. one is parent and 2 are child connections. on 24th of jan 2008 i took my 2nd child connection under Rs. 3990/ scheme in which i paid for one full year. but still every month amount of the 2nd VC are being debited from my account. from last 15 days i am trying to resolve this probelm. on 22nd aug i was assured the same has been resolved but still the problem continoues. you can check from my account i had recharged for 900/ on 22nd and full amount has been debited through lots of transactions. again on 30th few debit and credit entries were made in my account which i am unable to understand. and on 31st aug 2008 i again made a complaint regarding this but till date no action has been taken. this is seriously unprofessional from a company like dishtv. after so many complaints my problem has not been solved. i'll appreciate if you please solve my problem on priority matter. RegardsOm Parkash Goyal9216144723

Ravinder Kumar Gupta Jun 20, 2008

I am also agree with all these comments beacuse i have also faced the same problem with Dish TV Franchisee and Dish TV customer care staff. Our Set Top Box was stop functioning from 14.06.08 and we have do the complaint with dish tv dealer but no body attend the call neither given any response to us.

• Mo
    Mohit Sood Jun 07, 2008

After sale Services from Dish TV is undoubtedly pathetic. I had filed my complaint on 28th May by calling Noida Call centre (Complaint Number-[protected]) and till date (08th June), no one has even tried to sort out the simple problem of alignment of Antenna

Have already called up call centre executives more then 25 times during these days and has also written many complaints but evertime I only got reply from them stating that it will be resolved in next 24 hours.

I would suggest all my freinds and relatives not to buy this product at all otherwise they will also have to chase them even after paying so much amount to them

Mohit

SURESH BABU May 23, 2008

Sir
    On 17/05/08 there was heavy rain in Delhi due to which the Dish Tv Antenna break. I made compliant to Customer Care Executives on 18/05/08. My VC no. [protected] and my Complaint Reference no. [protected]. Till date no solution been provided. Whenever I call customer care, the executives take the damn excuse. Very poor customer service. I doubt whether there is any office of Dishtv in existence in Noida. I learnt onething that Dishtv is a big plunder. They are meant to loot the innocent customers. I promise that i will suggest my friends, neighbours and everyone not to purchase Dishtv. I feel regret to have the damn thing in my house.

Sadanand S Deshpande May 23, 2008

My. VC Number is [protected]
    Contact Number [protected]
    I lodged Compalint on call center that some of the channels are not available and error code 301 appears on screen. The complaint number is [protected] Dated 14.5.2008. I tried desperately thru call center since 7 days, for getting rid off the problem, but its in vein.
    No body turned up. Only false promises are given from Jaipur office and the call centers.
    I am going to consumer court.

madhumita May 20, 2008

same with me, even worse. they sent a technician on 17th at 20.00hrs. He took good 170rs corrected the service which lasted only for half an hour. From next day it is again NO SIGNAL FOUND. I called up the noida office so many times and they are giving assuarance not in days but in hours, still nothing has been done yet.

Sagir Ahmed May 19, 2008

Truly, the service provided bu DISHTV is pathetic. For more than 10 days now I have no service and I keep getting the msg. "301 - No Signal". I made several complaints and got several complaints but still nothing has been done. The only time I get calls from DISHTV is when they want to know why I have not made my payment. I have told them that unless the service is fixed - I will not pay. To this they responded - It's ok if I want to disconnect, I should contact a local dealer to solve my problem. I have spoken to several so-called supervisors but still no service. A few days ago, someone identifying himself as a service engineer called and said that he was coming to check on the problem - but as one can expect from this pathetic company - no one turned up. This is a money-fleecing company, and I regret the day I bought their services.

Rajesh Kumar Nambiar May 19, 2008

I had taken DISH TVConnection in the Big Bazaar Retail Scheme where on Purchase of Rs 5000/ and above, Dish TV Connection is free on paying amount of Rs 799/-.

When I installed Dish TV Connection on 05th May08, I have been charged another Rs 150/- for wire and Rs 350/- for the package of Maxi and Dish Tamil/Malyalam.

But till date Iam receiving only 136 channels which is free to Air, where 30 channels there is no display the scrren is showing CONAX SUBCRIPTION-TO SUBSCRIBE TO THIS CHANNEL CONTACT DISH TV. & YOUR SET TOP BOX IS NOT PROPRLY CONNECTED TO THE DISH ANTENNA.

I am very much surprised till now they hadn't received my SAF (Subscriber Application Form) from the dealer whom I had given on 05th May itself then I had to forward a scanned copy from my side .

Still to date my complaint with regard to not receiving channels is not resolved hence kindly do the needful

reagards

RAJESH KUMAR NAMBIAR
    M-[protected]
    GURGAON
    VC NO-[protected]

• De
    devinder achtani May 18, 2008

I got 2 dish tv connections about a year and half back in it is now more than 4 times the dish has stopped working and i have placed my complaint with their cust care and more than 4 days have passed and no one has come to attend any rain /thunder strom or clouds are there the signal disapears with nohelp from their compaint cell my complaint no is [protected] dated 12.05.08 my vc no is [protected] and since yesterday the no [protected] is continously bussy god knows who is calling whom i dont under the circumstrances what should be done please help. My both dish connections are not working since 10 15 am on the day there was a strom and raim last week

• Va
    Varun May 17, 2008

Hi

This is to bring that I have Dishtv connection under name of Varun Dosaj (V C No- [protected]) which has been giving us probelm from day one of it's installation. We got Re Alignment done for our Dish Antenna on around 8th April 2008 (Complaint number [protected]) and now again it has gone bad. We are not able to view channels. We have called customer service at Noida 10-20 times they say that someone would come & rectify the problem. I called today again and when I asked my call to be connected to Supervisor there representative disconnected the call. This happened 5 five times. I am really frustated.

This is NOT ACCEPTABLE. Call centre operations are PATHETIC. I don't know who is managing call centre services where
    1) People even don't know how to talk,
    2) They disconnect the calls
    3) They don't pass on calls to supervisor
    4) Mangaers/ Supervisors busy in Meetings 24/7
    5) No Customer resolution
    6) NO CUSTOMER SATISFACTION

This is an example of POOR LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT . I regret taking DISH TV Connection. SERVICES ARE WORST . NO CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.
    HARRASMENT & MONEY EXTRACTION is the only motive of DISH TV.

Every time they ask for money to get things done. They don't even attend to customer complaints.

DISH TV license should be ceased. This is the not the first time I have been going through this agony but from day one of DishTV connection. I don't want DISHTV services. Please reimburse the entitre cost.

THANKS FOR THE POOR & DISGUSTING SERVICE .

Varun

Sanjay Shah May 15, 2008

Dear Sir,

I have got a connection of DISH TV one month Back. Since beginning, it is not working. Error is showing as below :

ERROR : 201. Card Refresh Error.

We have inform our local dealer at Anand. But till date the problem is not solved.

Please advise me how to proceed to solve this problem.

Sanjay Shah
    Mob # [protected]

• Bh
    Bhupendra May 13, 2008

I bought DishTV from bangalore base dealer after installation its work well, coz its free loaded for 7 days and after 7 days its stop working. When I complaint to Customer Care of DIshTV they inform me that dealer has to send SAF Info to activate. If I call to dealer he said I am coming today tommorrow evening afternoon and never come. I am just pissed off what kind of business this people are doing.

Anyone know the TRAI Info to complaint such stupid provider like DishTV I am going to complaint again dealer to the police for cheating activity.

If you are planing to buy dishtv please please don't by pain on head. You peacefull life will go on frustration after paying huge amount. The local operator is still million times better then such business house Essel Group they just worst then bagger.

mayur May 11, 2008

1. the audio &video quality on channal V is not as good as other music channels.
    2.why the IPL matches in active sports.
    3. 9X, NDTVimagin, UTV movies, star maja, neo sports when this channel are coming in your service

Subba Rao, B V., Apr 28, 2008

Dear Sir,
    My viewing card No. 015-[protected]. I had paid Rs1620/- towards one year subsription after allowing 10% discount at M/S A V Solutions, Bangalore 560 011. The amount paid was crrectily acknowledged by you through SMS.vide order No. UR-23/10/07IG16518570. The subscription paid for one year. But you are now sending SMS today one after another stating that my subscription would expire on 28.04.2008. I donot understand as to how it possiible when I had paid for one year. Kindly clarify -bvsrao

• Ob
    OBY Apr 27, 2008

I purchased dish tv six month free. This month I renewal(MAXI) this month 26- 03- 08.NOW active channels andsun tv channels present not working.my account no-[protected]. please release the channels.

Thanking you
    [OBY]

chellayyan Apr 11, 2008

signals and service is well. Only problem is that if we see one channel today it is not awailable on tomorrow. I am mentioing about Indiavision, Jeevan TV and Voyages. Neo Sports become a dream inDish TV.