Dish Networkproblems with dish network satellite by wildblue!

T

Before signing-up for Dish Network High-Speed Satellite Internet by Wild Blue, read this... Just the facts. As of March, I own a $125 dish with no service and a $1,098 bill for 18 mos of service I can't get.

On 3/30/7, I was charged $199 for Dish Network High-Speed Satellite Internet Installation, with $49.95 monthly commitment for 18 months totaling $899 contractual obligation for service, totaling $1,098.

On 4/14/7, Installation Appointment was a no-show, with no call to reschedule until after appointment expired.

On 4/20/7, Installation Appointment was a no-show, with no call. Missed 2nd day of work ($200 damages).

On 4/23/7, Installation Appointment was a no-show, with no call. Missed 3rd day of work ($200 damages).

On 4/24/7, Corporate Rep was very nice and stated she would follow-up.

On 4/25/7, Dispatch advised Installation Tech would arrive tomorrow at unknown time. I stated I was out of town but would make arrangements to have my wife remain at the house.

On 4/26/7, Installation Tech was very nice. I was charged $125 payable in his name for installation that I thought was already paid 3/30/7 (Note: The same style pole and dish was installed free by previous Dish Network TV tech). Tech stated that my lack of Internet connectivity (times-out page to page) was due to my computer's cable plug-in and advised me to purchase a wireless router to fix the problem.

On 4/30/7 I spent $85 on a wireless router and $25 on a replacement computer cable plug-in, which did not fix the problem. Still no Satellite Internet connectivity. (It should be noted ATT dial-up Internet still works fine).

On 4/30/7, I called Tech Support Rep, who was very helpful and diagnosed a bad modem (cycles 1 to 4 flashes, then repeats cycle endlessly without locking) and stated he would have his Supervisor send a replacement modem. No Supervisor follow-up occurred.

On 5/3/7, I called to be sure Dish Network's word was good and learned it was not. Customer Service was very helpful but stated my replacement modem order had been canceled. He stated he would call Installation Tech to ask him to send a replacement modem and have Supervisor follow-up. No Supervisor follow-up occurred and no modem arrived.

On 5/10/7, I called Installation Tech, who stated he would not be replacing my defective modem. He stated replacement modem had to be ordered from Customer Service.

On 5/12/7, Customer Service Rep, who was very nice but stated she had no authority to replace modem. She stated I would receive a callback from her Supervisor in 24-48 hrs. No Supervisor follow-up occurred.

On 5/14/7, Corporate Rep was advised via voice mail my modem was defective and needed replacement but no one would do it and to please help me. Voice mail not returned.

Still no Internet service. Check competitors before signing.

• Ad
    adam May 22, 2007

I install wild blue and i would guess that the satellite wasn't installed right. The modem will blink like that if it is looking for the right sat and isn't locked on. I would call wildblue not dishnetwork if you can and try to get this figured out. I would also call the guy that put it in and see if he would come back and realign the dish. Maybe he has had more experience by this time and can find the right sat. I don't know if this is the problem but i would guess it is. Wildblue is a good service if it is installed right. The problem with any sat service is the install.

Thanks,
    Adam.

• Do
    Dorthy Dixon May 29, 2007

Where do I begin? My service was installed on 5/14/07 and never got the high speed only 117 out of 512 down, and 23 out of 128 upload, I called and the tech. had me to do a speed test several times and every time it was slow, he finally told me that he could not help me and he would have another tech that would help me call me back but no one ever did. Now with no speed, I get an e-mail on my 10th day of service 4/24/07 telling me that my threshold usage was at 80% (never even heard of anything like that) still no fast speed , no call back, no e-mails answered and on the 4/27/07 I received another e-mail telling me that I have went over the limit on my so call threshold??? And that my high speed is being cut down until I get back under my threshold limit??? What speed? The speed I have never got??? They sent out installers today but they could not find a problem in the installation but did find that the problems I was having were there but they could not fix it. They didn't even know anything about a threshold limit and was very surprised when I let them read the e-mails about the usage limit. They work for dish installing these systems and they didn't even know about the limit so how was I suppose to know this? When you order this service they tell you ALWAYS on, ALWAYS fast, also I was told I had a 30 day satisfaction guarantee or I can discontinue my service but now they say that I wasn't told that but I know I WAS!!! They also told me when I ordered this service that if I wanted another computer in my home connected to buy a wireless router and the installer would set it up when they come, but the installer said I was misinformed that the routers do not work with this service and that it would cause a conflict with the signal so who right there and who's wrong after I spend $75.00 on the router??? I am having my system turned off and removed and if I am charged a cancellation fee I will not pay it, I will stand my ground, and if everyone else lets them do this to them then they deserve what they get!!!

• Da
    David McCullam May 30, 2007

Thank you folks very much for posting your misfortunes with Dish Network Satellite Internet Service. My wife and I has just about decided to get this service when I decided to look online and do a little research. Boy, am I glad I did! I just cannot believe the number of complaints, the terrible service, the ridiculous threshold limits and the rude phone conduct made by their supposedly professional service reps. We have since decided that there is no way in h*ll (excuse my language) that we are going to subscribe to this service.

David in Oklahoma City.

• Gr
    Greg Jun 07, 2007

Do you have service when it rains?

• Do
    don legg Aug 26, 2007

Hi,

I am a wild blue installer in northern michigan outside contractor, have installed over125 systems with only 3 service calls bad trias when I leave the customers home, they have my card with home phone# and cell# they call me not wildblue, I also have wildblue and have not had any problems I have the val pak and get 525kbps down load and 125 kbps upload thats running through a linksys wireless-G router with 4 computers running, if your installers are not using the wright cable swept tested to 3.3 gherts or improper fittings did not peak dish right this well slow you down not sure what states you are in but they must be in need of some good contractors.

• Ni
    Nicole Sep 27, 2007

Wildblue is the worst company i have ever had to deal with!

It cost me $350 for the equipment just to have the internet. Although it was nothing to get it installed i was not satisfied with the installer. He had no clue what he was talking about and was no help to me at all.

I called the company numerous time in the first month because i had no speed what so ever. It would take me an 1/2 hour just to check email! They continually told me my speed was fine and then finally sent out a tech to the house and low and behold he found nothing... shocking! Not to mention that when i would call the company i would be on hold for an average of at least 1 hr!

Finally i decide to move and get regular internet and when i call to tell them i am disconnecting my internet because it sucked! They told me it would cost me another $350 to cancel it! So then when i ask what to do so i can take it with me they want to charge me another $200.... wtf when i told the customer service lady why i was canceling she said there was no reason for her to waive the cancellation fee because i did not call enough times to complain, well by golly i guess i should of glued the phone to my ear because every time i called it took 2 hours of my time... what a waste.

This company is a fortune for junk, a ripoff and they don't care! I will not pay cancellation fees and i will not pay a move fee they can kiss it!

• Za
    Zackary Tripp Oct 04, 2007

I agree that they are horrible. at like 9pm, my highest download speeds are around 8kbps!!!! isnt that a sign that they have a problem. and of course they blame it on my computer. does anyone know how to get around this 18 month cotract???

Marc DeCastro Nov 09, 2007

So far knock on wood, I've had no problems with dish network internet. I went thru hell with Direcway/HugesNet to the point I finally tore the HughesNet dish off my roof. I called Dish Network when I saw an ad on google, they set up an appointment for a week later, then called to move up the appointment the next day. So less than 48 hours later, they were here. A professional Dish Network installer installed it, no sub-contractor.. And YES I tried it in the rain and it worked great! I couldn't believe it!

I think it's all in the installation, when I ordered Direcway/HugesNet, a sub contractor installed it and he was in a hurry, he was here for about 3 hours (the Dish Network guy was here at least 6 hours), he used a reconditioned radio/transmitter, and then ran out. 2 years later everything went to crap..BTW Direcway/HughesNet never worked in the rain, and hardly worked when it was cloudy, even at the beginning.

So if you order Dish Network make sure you get a quality installation, I think it makes all the difference, and could be the reason it's working or not working.

You shouldn't have to pay any extras with Dish Network.

• Di
    Dish TV Sucks Nov 13, 2007

Thank you for posting this information online. Dish network tv is a rip-off and Wild Blue Satellite is beyond disgusting. Often I am downloading web pages at =<30B/s. That's Bytes, not Kilobytes. I do not recommend Dish Network or Wild Blue Satellite. However, I would highly recommend them to the losers that work for them and own them.

Have a good one!

• Ca
    CArl Ackerman Dec 11, 2007

I too live in a rural area and had no choice but to go with Huges net. Wow no customer support unless you're full time job is a couch potato sitting on hold waiting on person in some third world country claiming to have a name like George or Sue who you certainly cannot carry on a conversation with. I cannot stay connected. Have purchased every style of router to help. I put in the service so my two teenagers could do the Florida online virtual school. what a joke. I spent over 400.00 buks install fee cannot get my money back and the more I read about other folks same problem I may likely change my Bank account as to stop the auto debts on rip the piece of $#@%&* off my property.

I hope they go busted a bunch of new world crooks!!!

• To
    Todd Edwards Dec 15, 2007

Wild Blue and HughesNet are BOTH GREAT services if they are installed corrrectly. The "FREE BASIC INSTALLATION" is really only good for a BRICK WALL mount. Roof mounts are BAD. Pole mounts MUST USE THE WILD BLUE POLE. It is VERY THICK AND VERY HEAVY. It is 8 FEET long, the installer should put 3 feet in the ground and use between 120 lbs and 160 lbs of concrete to secure the pole. They also must use WILD BLUE APPROVED materials for the install. I am a WILD BLUE DEALER and my company also performs contract installs for WILD BLUE. We DO NOT ALLOW substandard installs. Our customers are happy. As of this post, we have more than 400 systems installed with only 4 trouble calls (that is 1%). The installation is KEY. If these systems are not installed correctly, it will not work correctly - PERIOD. I have repaired many Wild Blue systems that were not mounted correctly. These mounts ranged from MUFFLER PIPE, FENCE POST, DISH NETWORK POLES, ETC. I have even pulled 2 WILD BLUE poles out of the ground with my BARE HANDS without digging around them (remember, the installer is REQUIRED to put 3 feet of the pole in the ground and use 120 lbs of concrete.) Wild Blue REQUIRES that the dish be pointed DIRECTLY at the satellite, improper mounts PREVENT this. MANY people do not SEE THE VALUE in the NON-STANDARD pole mount and do not understand why CUSTOM POLE MOUNT (correctly installed) charges can range from $125-150. The install is VERY IMPORTANT, HAVE IT DONE CORRECTLY. It is also important to buy the product that best fits your needs. I work for a COMPUTER STORE, not a satellite dealer. A COMPUTER STORE that SELLS INTERNET products can better advise an INTERNET customer than a SATELLITE store. Going to a SATELLITE STORE to buy internet is like going to the GROCERY store for a HAIRCUT. www.networkseast.com

• 94
    94flhtcu Jan 11, 2008

So, Mr. Edwards, we shoudn't buy dish services from dishnetwork? That's ridiculous. Dishnetwork, wildblue, and the installers are ALL ripping us off, and I'm tired of it. I will find a way out...talking to my att'y monday. They have all done things to legally nullify the contract. I'll do my best to keep others from this CRIMINAL service now and in the future.

• Ce
    Celeste B. Dec 04, 2008

If anyone has come here and read these complaints you should really take in concideration of the trouble they've had with Dish Network and Wildblue. I, too, are having problems with them. I've put out so much money in installing and activation plus monthly package fees that it's not funny! The Dish Network company are ripping it's customers off blind and who makes the money? They do! The high speed service sucks and that's when you can even get service. Half the time, it cuts off and the screen tells you there's no service. Good thing I still have AOL dial up to rely. People read that contract before you sign it. Please. It'll save you money before getting in too deep with these guys.

• Sh
    sheepie99 Feb 10, 2009

I have had Wildblue since March of 08. I can attest to the same issues as the previous posts. I have given up attempting to resolve the isues since Wildblue cannot.
    Dish network tv has been very good. Very few issues except a HD reciever that has to be rebooted every week.
    Its Wildblue when it comes to being useless. Don't even think about this non service...it's useless.

• Sh
    sheepie99 Feb 10, 2009

One additonal comment to the "dealer" who says they only have 1% trouble calls. And thats because of their excellant installationl Hogwash!a I too have the 8ft pole premium installation as this dealer says he installs without complaint. He is either out of touch or on drugs...its the same ol' wildblue failures!

• Co
    coldwater72 Apr 15, 2009

I cant wait for my contract to run out I would not recamend wildblue it only works 40% and that 40% of the time it is slow Icalled dishnetwork 100 of times they keep saying I went over my down loads and up loads so they eather shut us down or slow us down I spend almost 80$ a month At first we had their lowest pachage but we hardly had any servise dishnet work said to upgrade and it would work better what a joke keep upgrading and service still s*cks The company is a scam I doonot recamend.

SNOOKEREDbyWILDBLUE May 22, 2009

I HAVE HAD ALL THESE PROBLEMS MENTIONED IN THESE POSTS AND WISH I HAD FOUND THIS SITE BEFORE I GOT TRICKED BY WILDBLUE.
    SAVE YOUR MONEY BY HAVING A 2ND PHONE LINE INSTALLED AND USE DIALUP.
    THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTE THEIR STORIES.

Matt O'Dell Jun 16, 2009

We have had none of these problems with our Wild Blue nor Dish Satellite TV. So far everything has been just fine. I am on the Silver Pack (cheapest package available) and it is running fast and there haven't been any problems unless there is hard rain or winds. And in that case, within a few minutes it is up and running again. I have no complaints and I would recommend it.

markandbonnie Aug 12, 2009

I have the most expensive package and earn a living online. After 2 years of moderate service, Wildblue (through dish) FAP'd me so badly it took over an hour to upload a 200K pdf!!! After numerous calls I was told I would remain slow for another 30 days. I am NOT HAPPY. They are financially hurting me and I am seriously considering a lawsuit.

SNOOKEREDbyWILDBLUE Aug 24, 2009

ALL THE POSTS I HAVE READ ONLINE TAKING WILDBLUE'S SIDE ARE SO EASY TO SEE THROUGH THAT IS AMAZES ME. I READ ABOUT ONE PERSON CLAIMING TO BE AN INSTALLER WHO CAUTIONED AGAINST TRYING TO REPOSITION THE DISH WITHOUT THE DEALERS HELP OR YOU COULD BURN OUT YOUR TRIA!
    THIS IS TOTAL BULL CRAP BECAUSE WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT THE SAME GROUP OF KLUTZS THAT SCREWED UP THE INSTALLATION IN THE BEGINNING EVER TOUCHING IT AGAIN?
    I WAS ABLE TO GET A LITTLE BIT OF SERVICE AFTER I PURCHASED A NEW SYSTEM COMPLETE ON EBAY AND REPLACED THE MODEM.
    DURING THE MODEM REPLACEMENT, A SCREEN POPPED UP INFORMING ME THAT THE MODEM I WAS REMOVING HAD PREVIOUSLY BEEN REPORTED AS HAVING BEEN SCRIAPPED OUT BY THE DEALER!
    I HAD TO REPLACE THE MODEM MYSELF BECAUSE THE DEALER NEVER ANSWERED THE FIRST CALL AND WILDBLUE NEVER ANSWERED ANY OF MY CALLS OR EMAILS EITHER. I COULD GET ON THE INTERNET ONCE IN A WHILE BY RE-BOOTING THE MODEM WHICH BECAME FROZEN AND OFTEN HAD NO LIGHTS LIT.
    AFTER LIVING WITH RE-BOOTING THEIR MODEM A DOZEN OR MORE TIMES A DAY JUST TO HAVE THE INTERNET BEFORE IT LOCKED UP, I BOUGHT MY OWN HARDWARE, NOT A SINGLE THANKS TO WILDBLUE OR DISH NETWORK OR THE CLUMSEY KLUTZ THAT DID THE INSTALL!
    AS TO THAT PERSON WHO SAID YOUR TRIA WOULD BURN ITSELF OUT IF YOU AIMED IT WRONG, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK WILDBLUE PROVIDED ANY SUCH HARDWARE THAT WAS SMART ENOUGH TO RAISE IT'S POWER IF NOT AIMED CORRECTLY? NOTHING ABOUT WILDBLUE IS THAT SMART AND IF IT WAS THEN EVERY TIME THE VIEW OF THE SATELLITE WAS BLOCKED BY THE WEATHER OR AN OBSTACLE THERE WOULD BE THOUSANDS BURN OUT EVERY DAY, WAKE UP AND JUST THINK ABOUT ANYONE WHO PRAISES WILDBLUE FOR ANYTHING EXCEPT FOR SCAMMING US ALL!
    I TOOK THE TIME TO MONITOR MY UPLINK AND DOWNLINK DATA FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS AND I LEARNED THAT I WAS SENDING DATA FROM MY COMPUTER AT NORMAL RATES AND DURATION BUT WAS ONLY RECEIVING DATA FROM THE SATELLITE IN SHORT BURSTS ABOUT EVERY 5 TO 12 SECONDS. TOO BAD THEY BILL US FOR "ALWAYS ON" THIS WOULD BE A GOOD DEAL IF WE ONLY PAID FOR SERVICE WHEN THEY GAVE US SERVICE!
    I COULD WRITE MORE ON THIS SUBJECT AND I WILL IN THE FUTURE.
    JUST REMEMBER THAT I AM STILL DEPENDING ON DIALUP WHEN I HAVE TO USE THE INTERNET. I CAN NOT CANCEL MY DIALUP AND SOON I WILL ADD AN EXTRA PHONE LINE TO BE ABLE TO HAVE THEM TAKE THEIR JUNK EQUIPMENT BACK.

• Mo
    Monadee Nov 12, 2009

Well I wish I had of read these post before I bought my wildblue. I do have to say I have service but it is slow. I was wandering if I needed to upgrade to the next speed or not. Now I am not so sure. I believe my installer was good at his job and hopefully I want have any of the problems others have suffered. It just seems like people would appreciate their jobs a little more than what they do. I mean come on jobs are hard to get these days. I paid for mine to be installed and just wanted to get a person that cared about his work with his name on the service. I had to leave but the guy that came did not leave me any information on how to contact him. Guess that takes care of the name on the service!! My 23 yr. old son was here and he didn't offer to leave a card or anything. I know he lives in a small town a few miles away. I'll just ask for the wildblue installer. Yeah maybe that will work. You think?

• Bc
    B-Custom Computers Nov 13, 2009

I too am a certified WildBlue installer and would like to comment on a couple of posts- to all the previous people who have complained about slow internet speeds, that can be checked by ANY certified installer within minutes. To Sheepie99, it matters little if your DishTV install never caused you any trouble- TV sat compared to Internet is the proverbal apples to oranges, TV sat dishs can be off by a MUCH wider margin than WildBlue dishes, that is why people you are charged for a heavy duty pole- the Wildblue dish must be steady and up to code. I have seen crap like installs on wooden decks, substandard grounding, and improper cableing (all of which are against code) but what else makes a HUGH difference is how accurate the POINT and PEEK of the dish is. You can be somewhat in the ballpark and still get service, but without a really good signal you are much more apt to get slow service due to weather. And to snookered, your tria will fail if improperly pointed because it will use more power to achieve a modem lock with the sat and that in time will cause an early failure. The root cause of all your problems lay not with wildblue or its equipment but with hack subcontracted installers- but this is finally changing because requirements on installers are getting strict. Plus within 90 days of the install a tech is obligated to maintain and correct their work. One more comment to markandbonnie- you are FAP'd when your limits are exceeded, you can easily view your usage through your customer portal, plus you get an alert through your primary email whenever you get close to your limit. Thus if you are ever FAP'd, that is your own fault not your ISP's. Finally to 94flhtcu, Edwards was commenting on getting Internet service from computer specialist- getting DISH tv is completely different- I too run a custom computer biz and am A+, Network+, Linux+, and Wildblue certified- that does make a major difference in an Internet install- like Mr. Edwards and myself, we are not just guys who know how to toss a dish on your roof and drill some holes- we are highly trained experts who know much more than what we are paid for (by the way- I got a 100% on my final hands on training course). I think now and in the immediate future there will be more installers like us and less like the one's all of you have had trouble with.

SNOOKEREDbyWILDBLUE Nov 17, 2009

HOW COME WILDBLUE USES NON FCC LICENSED HACKS?

WHY DOES WILDBLUE SPEND SO MUCH TIME ATTEMPTING
    TO COUNTER OUR TRUE COMPLAINTS ABOUT THEM RIPPING
    US OFF WITH THEIR FRAUD AND NO TIME AT ALL IN HONORING
    THEIR OWN WRITTEN CONTRACT?

JUST TRY TO HAVE THE WILDBLUE INSTALLER CORRECT THEIR
    HACKED UP NON WORKING INSTALL AND DEFECTIVE MODEM
    THEY PUT IN FOR ME ON A DISH WHICH WAS NOT EVEN
    TIGHTENED DOWN.

JUS TRY AND YOU WILL NOT FIND ANY HELP FROM WILDBLUE!

AT ALL !!!

JUST TRY TO CONTACT THE INSTALLER WHO GAVE US A
    CELL PHONE NUMBER HE SAID WAS HIS AND HE NEVER IS FOUND
    TO BE IN RANGE OR HAVE HIS CELL PHONE ON!

JUST TRY TO READ HIS SO CALLED SIGNATURE ON THE
    LONE PIECE OF WHITE PAPER HE LEFT. THE ONE WHERE HE
    DOES NOT WRITE CLOSE ENOUGH TO THE PAPER TO EVER READ!

WHAT RIGHT DOES WILDBLUE HAVE TO INSTALL MODEMS FOR
    PEOPLE LIKE ME TO LATER LEARN THAT THE MODEM WHICH I
    HAD TO REPLACE MYSELF HAD PREVIOUSLY BEEN REPORTED AS SCRAP??

WHAT MAKES ANYONE WHO SUBSCRIBES TO WILDBLUE THINK
    OTHER THAN THAT THEY HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY WILDBLUE?

HOW DOES WILDBLUE GET AWAY WITH DRIVING A 6 FOOT
    PIECE OF 1-1/2" EMT THINWALL ELKECTRICAL CONDUIT INTO THE
    GROUND WITH A FENCE POST HAMMER AND CHARGE PEOPLE $ 100 TO 150
    FOR THIS JOKE OF A DISH MOUNT?

MY "C" BAND SATELLITE TV DISH HAD OVER 150 POUNDS OF BAGGED
    QUICKCRETE CONCRETE INSTALLED TO ANCHOR THE DISH POLE.

THAT INSTALLER WHO WAS NOT AND DID NOT NEED TO BE FCC
    LICENSED TO INSTALL MY "C" BAND 10 FOOT DISH WAITED 2 DAYS
    FOR THE CONCRETE TO SET BEFORE HE MOUNTED MY DISH.

THE WILDBLUE INSTALLERS I KNOW OF, EACH AND EVERY INSTALL
    I HAVE LOOKED AT PERSONALLY, DONE AT PEOPLES HOMES I KNOW,
    WERE OF THE THINWALL CONDUIT HAMMERED INTO THE LAWN
    AND THE DISH INSTALLED WITHIN THE SAME HOUR!

HAS ANYONE WITH A WILDBLUE DISH OUT THERE HAD THE
    CONCRETE POLE MOUNT INSTALLED AND THE INSTALLER RETURN
    AFTER THE CONCRETE SETS UP BEFORE THE DISH IS INSTALLED???

...

NO, I DIDN'T THINK THERE EVER WERE ANY OF THESE INSTALLED!!

STEER CLEAR OF THE WILDBLUE CROOKED HYPE AND KEEP YOUR
    DIALUP IF YOU REALLY NEED TO REACH THE INTERNET.

HAVE A SIMPLY FANTASTIC DAY.

• Ra
    Rays Feb 09, 2010

I am an Installer, a Satellite Dealer for 25 years and I do computer work too. I believe the above person who works at a computer store was correct on the installation, it needs to be done correctly. I have repaired a few hack jobs done by others, and from what I see is they are not following some basic rules (such as proper positioning of the stays) of the three point mount that is the standard mount. Besides that the next would be where they are mounted. Solid roofs (as in they droop anywhere) are good, but I've seen some that flex when you walk on them, which is bad to mount to. Most walls are better, but a concreted schedule 40 pipe is best.

Now mind you about us whom say we haven't had many complaints. By Wildblue's direction, customers are to call WB for tech assistance. But you should call your local dealer whom you got it from... (Didn't use a local dealer? Too bad.) to let them know you are having a problem. Although there is a limited amount of help we can give without a "Service Ticket" being issued, we don't know if you had a problem if you never told us and no Service Ticket is issued. I do request my customers to let me know for that very reason. I do WB for NRTC, DISH, and WB direct. The most failures (besides hack jobs mentioned above) are from dead trias or modems usually caused by electrical situations like thunderstorms.

My personal opinion about WB is it would be nice if they were more flexible with the FAP, like early morning "non-counting" hours.

• Ra
    Rays Feb 09, 2010

Ooops, I meant to say "Solid roofs (as in they DON'T droop anywhere) are good...

• Kl
    klikhappy May 12, 2010

I am homeless now only 4 months into getting Wildblue. Which start up costs were MORE than originally told to me. I called customer service so I could send back the TRIA & modem, but they want to mail me that form ! Go figure. I no longer have my bank account, for which the WildBlue was automatically debiting my account each month. I want to do the right thing, but they won't give me an address ! The "form" that was to be in the original box, was removed by the installer!!! (subcontractor) He told me that was for "him". If anyone out there has their address of where to return the unit, maybe they would publically post it..

• De
    deer22 Jun 25, 2010

I have to say Dish Network is a total ripoff and I am terminating my account and not paying them one more dime and I'll see them in court. This is the second time the tria has burnt out on the satellite. The first time they charged me $50 to come fix it. This was just a couple months ago! Now they are wanting to charge me $95 to come fix it AGAIN! WTF! I'm not paying a hundred bucks everytime the equipment fails! Piss off you sons of b!tches I've had enough! This equipment is still under warranty but yet when it needs fixed they charge you for the tech to come fix it! WTF! Not only that when I first had it installed I told them I would be moving in a month or two and the rep told me that's no problem we will move it for free. Now I was only moving up my driveway to my other house which is only like 100 yards away. When I went to move they charged me another $300 dollars to move it. They installed a new dish and equipment and took the stuff they previously installed a month before that I paid $300 dollars for. Frickin ridiculous! My brother had Hughes installed around the same time and I got dish to compare and well he hasn't had one damn problem and when something comes up they quickly get it fixed. I could kick myself in the [censor] for the money I've dished out to dish network. I'm done! See you in court you [email protected]!

• De
    deer22 Jun 25, 2010

Not only that I'm calling BBB and PUCO for the sh!t you pull! OMG I'm so p!ssed!!!

• Ya
    yakova Dec 29, 2010

I was also locked into a crappy service and when I call them again and again, I am either treated rudely, or can't speak to anyone who can make any executive decisions. Any ideas how to get through to a manager who can actually do some 'customer service'?

• Li
    LinnAnn Dec 15, 2012

I have Dish Wild Blue Internet Service when it does not rain or snow. It is slow and I was told that the weather would bother it!!! cant wait until my 2-yr contract is up!!!

• 65
    656 Upset Aug 05, 2013

So far my two months experience with Dish internet has not been very good. The first month after installation the speed drastically reduced after about three weeks and I was told I had excdeeded my basic plan limits of 5 GHz per month and the contractually agreed speed of 5 MHz would be restored at the first of the following month, which it was on August 1. On August 2 the speed was very slow again, and when I checked the Dish service website it said I had again exceeded my 5 GHz limit! In one day I had supposedly used up my monthly alloted 5GHz.?? We don't downstream movies or music, and only use the computers/tablets to do email, browse news, Facebook, etc., and there is no business useage. We cut off the two table devices when they are not in use and all apps on the tablet devices are cut off so they are not running in the background. When I talked with Dish service reps they suggest "someone is stealing the signal, " which is patently absurd as we are in a rural retirement area, and I'm at least 1000' from the closest house who is a friend and uses a different provider. The router (new) is also password protected. Dish also suggested the possibility of a virus, which doesn't seem likely as my "after hours useage" is minimal. The pole installation was done by a local contractor licensed by Dish who had suggested a new router and booster to get a signal to an upstairs apartment, which we agreed to purchase.

It is pretty frustrating as everyone I talk with assumes we are down streaming movies, which we aren't (I sitll have the old fashioned Netflix contract DVD mail service), or we are listening to downstreamed music, which we aren't. I am trying to get the contractor back out to see if they can determine what is causing the high useage of band width that the modem is recording, but so far no luck. I'm also giving this contract to an attorney friend to see what options I have in breaking the contract on a breach of promise by Dish. I don't want to go that way, but if I cannot get this service issue straightened out, I will.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices