Dish Networkfalse advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service

H

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Dec 22, 2010

Hello, My name is Dan Busa with Dish Network's customer service department. While the new customer promotion is offerred exclusively to new customers, we have other offers for existing customers. Feel free to e-mail me and we can review some options my e-mail is : [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Dec 22, 2010

Hello, my name is Dan Busa I work in customer service at Dish Network I read your complaint, it seems this issue should be very simple to resolve, and I'd be eager to get this up and running for you please email me at: [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Dec 22, 2010

Hello, my name is Dan Busa I work for Dish Network customer service . I would very much like to address your billing/ signal issues. On the billing you can actually turn off the auto pay or if youd like keep it and receive statements. If you'd like further details you can e-mail me at: [email protected]

Memsha,

My name is Ray Calo with Dish Network Customer Service. I apologize for the experience you had with upgrading your service. I would be more than happy to look into this matter to see if anything can be done for you. Please contact me at [email protected]

Hi,

My name is Ray Calo with the Dish Network Customer Service. I saw your post and wanted to respond with some information on your situation. Without looking at your account I can't say why the restart fee was needed to restore your service. Some accounts do require a payment before restoration. If you would like for me to research this issue in more detail, I would be happy to. Please contact me at [email protected]

Hi,

My name is Ray Calo with Dish Network. I read your post and I apologize for the bad experience you had with this issue. I would be more than happy to look into this matter for you to see if we can resolve this matter for you. You can contact me at my email address, [email protected]

• Updated by Daniel [email protected] Network · Dec 22, 2010

Hello, My name is Daniel Busa I work with Dish Network customer service. I would be eager to help resolve this, If your still having issues e-mail me at: [email protected]

• Updated by KaiaS DISH · Dec 23, 2010

This is Kaia S from DISH Network Customer Service. I want to apologize that you did not receive a response from our Dispute Resolution Department and that your experience was less than great. We, at DISH Network, strive to provide the best customer service. When a customer makes a request to cancel services there are business and legal disclosures that are required to be read to the customer before successfully disconnecting and account. If these disclosures were not given prior to the phone call being ended, that may be why the account was not disconnected as requested. Upon cancellation of the account the equipment is required to be returned and DISH Network will only add $15 to the account if the shipping labels provided by the company are used. We charge this to the account because UPS charges for those shipping labels. I hope that this clears up any unanswered questions. Please feel free to respond to this if I can answer anything else for you.

• Updated by Ray [email protected] Network · Dec 23, 2010

Dave,

My name is Ray Calo with Dish Network. I came across your post and wanted to apologize for any bad experiences you had when calling in to our customer service agents. I would be more than happy to address any issues you may be having with your service. As far as your signal issue, your dish may need to be realign so you don't lose signal every time you have any weather come through your area. Please contact me at [email protected] if you would like to discuss this further.

• Updated by KaiaS DISH · Dec 23, 2010

This is Kaia S from DISH Network customer service. I want to first apologize that you had a poor experience with our company. We, at DISH Network, strive to provide the best customer service. When an order is placed but an installation is not completed, we give a full refund for any amount already paid. If you have not received the $47.68 refund please respond to this. I would be more than happy to assist in getting this resolved for you. Once again, I am sorry that this was not taken care of for you when you initially requested the refund.

• Updated by mikeh_dish network · Dec 23, 2010

Hello my name is Mike Houston of DISH Network customer service; I first want to say I am sorry A.Reddy that you had a bad experience with us. We always try and accommodate our customers in any questions they may have about everything from billing to technical and general questions about receivers and equipment. On our PPV or On Demand channels to order we understand that a movie can be ordered accidently so we added more steps (a total of 3 commands) to order one of our pay movies, when that happens please notate the time and movie and call us as soon as you can so we can get that cleared up on the account. It is easier for us to clear an accidental PPV order as soon as it happens. Please repost to this if you have anymore questions.

• Updated by [email protected] · Dec 23, 2010

Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I'm with DISH Network. I apologize there was so much confusion regarding your pricing. We make every effort to provide accurate and consistent information to our customers. There are some situations that may cause your bill to increase or change. Since we are dedicated to providing the lowest cost to our customers, there may be times we enter in a contract dispute with a network provider. We understand that this may affect current shows or packages you are watching so we work hard to fight for a fair deal on behalf of our customers to prevent a large price increase. When you cancel services the equipment has to be sent back within 30 days to avoid additional charges. We do not have the capacity to store returned equipment in our local offices due to the amount of new equipment needed for customers in your area. We have independent retailers that customers can elect to use, if there is a charge from the retailer you would have to contact them since the funds were never provided to DISH Network. If you still have concerns about your bill or an increase you can email me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Dec 26, 2010

Hi this is Phillip Chang with DISH Network. I have reviewed your post and I am sorry to hear that you a bad experience with the return of your equipment. We take disclosures very seriously and I can assure you that we have measures in place that ensure they are given whenever needed. I would like to assure you that you generally save money by using our packaging as it is only $15 per shipping label (in your case it sounds like 2 labels were used), which is as low as half the cost of other couriers. We do value your feed back and continue to strive for best in class customer service to our potential and existing customers alike. I would like to ensure that your concerns are addressed, if you would like any clarification on anything mentioned above please contact me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Dec 26, 2010

Hi this is Phillip Chang with DISH Network. I am sorry to hear that you are no longer a DISH Network customer. I can assure you we do take your feed back very seriously and continue to strive for best in class customer service for our potential and existing customers alike. You mentioned that your bill went up within the 6 months and you were not satisfied with our services, I would like to help. Please contact me via e-mail at [email protected] for further assistance.

• Updated by KIMESCO · Dec 27, 2010

Hello this is Kimberly Escobar with DISH Network customer support here. Just ran across your post and wanted to apologize for any inconveniences you might have experienced with DISH Network. We appreciate your business as a loyal customer to our company. The free HD for life promotion comes with 2 options as far as signing up for it. The first option would be a 24mth agreement and credit card auto pay on the account. The second option we have is a one time $99.00 fee to get the promotion free for the rest of the life of the account with DISH Network. If you decide to go for the second option there is no requirements for a commitment or auto pay. Monthly our regular price towards an HD package is $10.00. a month, in one year you would still save $20.00 the first year. Our new customers are also given the same options. With the Service Plan warranty being on the account it allows us to replace the equipment being leased for free. It covers shipping and handling charges and it makes the cost of a technician visit $15.00 instead of $95.00 providing you tech visit a 60 day warranty. I would really like to help you in any way that I can if you feel the need to contact me directly feel free to do so at [email protected]

• Updated by AliciaB_dish · Dec 28, 2010

Hi is Alicia Brink. I'm with DISH Network. We offer great promotions to all customers. Some promotions will be limited to new customers; however, we have promotions for existing customers as well. Each promotion will have restrictions and qualifications. You are able to see most of these promotions online. Once you are logged into your account there is an option on left side for offers. You can also receive special promotions via email, mail, or commercials.

• Updated by AliciaB_dish · Dec 28, 2010

Hi my name is Alicia Brink I am with the DISH Network. I do apologize that there was some confusion with this issue. I would be very willing to help clarify the function and capabilities for the receivers; the receiver is capable of controlling two TV’s independently. If you are recording a show it will borrow the functions from the other TV. There are ways to disable this function to prevent needing an upgrade. If you would like more information on the features of your equipment please visit us at our web site or email me at [email protected]

• Updated by KIMESCO · Jan 02, 2011

Hello there, this is Kimberly Escobar with DISH Network customer support. Just ran across your post and wanted to inform you I would be more than happy to look into any issues for you. I truly apologize for any inconveniences you experienced with DISH Network. The most important things that we need back as far as returning equipment are the receiver boxes and remote controls. If for any reason the other equipment is not possible to return that would be ok we can rearrange that for you. We truly value your business as a DISH Network customer and would really like to get this resolved for you. please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

• Updated by mikeh_dish network · Jan 03, 2011

Hello Billy Crabtree, my name is Mike Houston of DISH Network customer service. I am very sorry you had a bad customer service experience with us. I would be more than happy to discuss this with you further and keep you a happy DISH Network customer. I would like to go over your account with you to get this resolved. Please respond to this post and we will get this resolved.

• Updated by mikeh_dish network · Jan 03, 2011

Hi Eimire my name is Mike Houston of DISH Network customer service. I want to say I am sorry you had a bad customer service experience. We always try and make every customer a happy one; I was hoping to see if there are anymore questions or issues I can help with. Please respond to this post if you have any questions I will be checking in to see if you have.

• Updated by KIMESCO · Jan 06, 2011

Hello there, this is Kimberly Escobar with DISH Network customer support. Just ran across your post and wanted to apologize for the inconvinience you have been experiencing with our equipment. I understand how frustrating that can be for you. We would be more than happy to help you and find the best resolution to your problem. PLease feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] i would like to further look into this for you and determine what the issue may be and go over the equipment on your account .

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jan 15, 2011

Hi, JJ77! We're currently in the process of negotiating a new contract with MSG and are hopeful to get it settled in the near future. I encourage you to check this website, http://www.greedymsg.com, for some in-depth information about this.

• Updated by KIMESCO · Jan 17, 2011

Hello there! this is Kimberly Escobar with DISH Network customer support. I just ran across your post here and wanted to truly apologize for the inconvinience you have experienced with DISH Network. Unfurtunetly the B4U package is no longer for sale, is a package we no longer provide. I apologize for the misinformation and frustration this has caused you. I would like to help you and further look into this for you, once again sorry if you feel you were not treated fairly. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know I thank you for your business as a DISH Network customer. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Jan 26, 2011

Hello my name is Michael Hurst with DISH Network Executive office. I would like to first start off with apologizing for the customer service that you have received from us. I have read your post and understand the situation. With our billing there are a number of days before the services are interrupted or even cancelled. Payments are due 20 days after bill is sent out; if the bill isn’t paid by that time services will still continue. We would charge a late fee of $5.00 if payment isn’t made 30 days after bill was sent out. If the account reaches 55 days without payment then the services would be interrupted until amount is paid to restore the service. The account isn’t cancelled until it reaches 70 days without payment, if there is leased equipment then you would be charged for the equipment until it was returned or account restarted. When accounts still have a balance for a total of 87 days then it’s sent to collections for the balance that is owed. We do send reminders through the receiver, email if it’s provided to us, and phone calls. If you have any questions or concerns please respond to this post.

• Updated by KaiaS DISH · Jan 29, 2011

Hi there, my name is Kaia S and I work for DISH Network. I came across your post and would like to help. I would first like to apologize that your experience with DISH has been less than the best. It is our goal to provide the best customer service to all of our customers. As this post was several months back, I would like to follow up to see if the issue has been resolved yet. With some promotions that we offer, like free HBO/Showtime, there are certain eligibility requirements. In order to figure out what was going on with your account, I would need your account information. If you would like my assistance in getting this resolved, please feel free to email me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Feb 02, 2011

j.kahn, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network. I'm sorry for the frustration of those PPV's being ordered. I would be glad to look at the account and see what is going on with that with you. You can reach me here or email me at [email protected]

• Updated by mikeh_dish network · Feb 07, 2011

Hi sheralynn my name is Mike Houston of DISH Network, I was going over your post and I wanted to clarify some things with you regarding your account. DISH Network has many different programming packages and we do offer a discount off the package price for the year. If the customer credit qualifies they will get there programming, install and equipment with no money down and just the first months bill. We do allow up to 6 rooms of DISH Network and that would be 3 leased dual receivers, we always include the first or most expensive receiver and for the 2nd and 3rd receiver boxes there is a monthly fee. DISH carries the most state of the art equipment which includes our dual SD/HD DVR Dual receivers, if our customer wants the DVR receiver the is a $6.00 monthly fee that allows the receiver to Record, Rewind, Fast Forward and Pause recorded or live TV. I do hope this information will clear up any questions you may have had, I will leave my e-mail for you if you have any questions I will be more than happy to answer. [email protected]

• Updated by mikeh_dish network · Feb 07, 2011

Hi Avital Alkoby my name is Mike Houston of DISH Network, I do want to say I am very sorry you did not receive your HD you were paying for. I was going over your post and there was an issue with the switch you had installed for HD. I wanted to check in and see where everything is at or did it get resolved, I would like to look over the account and check all the notes on your account to check the dates of install of the HD. I will leave my e-mail so you can message me directly. [email protected]

• Updated by KaiaS DISH · Feb 27, 2011

Hello, my name is Kaia S and I work in the Executive Offices of DISH Network. I read your post and would like to apologize for the experience that you had with our customer service department and the manager that you spoke with. We, at DISH Network, strive to provide the best customer service and it is our goal to do whatever possible in order to make sure that your experience with our company is positive. There are several factors that have an impact when upgrading to newer or more advance equipment. In order to further assist you and explore all options for the upgrade, I would need to access your account. If you would like me to look into this further, please email your account information and contact information to me directly at [email protected] and I’d be happy to assist.

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Mar 01, 2011

Hello, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Networks Executive Offices. I know how frustrating it is when many things come up. As gkenigmatic said we have no control over what the programmers put on their individual stations. You can always contact them to discuss that part. As for the bill being high, in these times it can get rough. Again as gkenigmatic mentioned you can always contact us and check out possibly changing your packaging to be more affordable. I can assist you with that portion if you want. If so you can reach me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Mar 05, 2011

ericarae86, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network Executive Offices. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your bill going up. It doesn't seem like it was explained very well.

The reason the first bill has 2 HBO credits is because we bill a month in advance. That way when you remove it at the end of the 3 month period you get a credit back on your bill for the month so you don't owe anything.

On 2/1 we did have an annual price increase, as all companies have, which reflects the change in the amount providers charge for the channels, costs of equipment/services/etc.. As for the $6, that is a promotion for our Service Plan fee. It's free for the first 6 months then is $6 a month after, which you can call in and remove if you'd like to save that $6.

Again I am sorry for the increases with no explanation and hope this helps clear some of it up. If you have any questions you can email me at [email protected]!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Mar 16, 2011

Hey, RKT-1970, I see you have an issue of a cancellation fee that you need to get worked out. You explained you and your husband both having not been aware of what you were signing when the technician presented you with the paperwork during the installation. It is an unfortunate situation you folks went through and we do apologize about that. With our agreements, we try very hard to be as fair as possible to everyone by enforcing this fee at all times when it should apply. Given that, the fee does need to stand as you chose to sign the contract.

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Mar 30, 2011

ydepre, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network Executive Offices. I know how frustrating price increases can be. Unfortunately price increases happen to all companies in the pay-tv industry.

These increases can consist of how much programmers charge to carry their stations, along with equipment/services/etc.. Our change this year was $5, whereas other companies increased theirs by an average of $4-$8. The good news on this is on 2/1 we introduced a price freeze on our America's Top/DISH America programming until 2013!

I do not believe you can get TV5 channel alone, but we may be able to change your services to help save you some money. If you'd be interested in that or have any other questions/concerns feel free to email me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Apr 05, 2011

Amany Soliman, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network's Executive Offices. I'm sorry to hear you're still getting bills after cancelling. If you'd like to email me at [email protected] then I can definitely check this out and see what can be done to help you, and get this resolved.

• Updated by mikeh_dish network · Apr 10, 2011

Hello my name is Mike Houston of DISH Network Executive Office, I am very sorry we lost you as a customer we do appreciate all of our customers. We not only have New Customer Promotions we have Existing Customer Promotions, the Existing Customer Promotions do depend on a couple of things such as billing history and the offers available at the time of the customer asking. If you have any questions or concerns for me please e-mail me directly at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Apr 12, 2011

cbroussard, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network's Executive Offices. I understand it can be frustrating when equipment doesn't work as expected, or fees are charged.

The receivers do not have to warm up before any functions work, however it is possible it may be caused by something else in the area. For example some LCD TV's generate interference as they warm-up preventing the remote from working normally.

If you'd like me to look into that further or at the account feel free to email me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Apr 19, 2011

Mill Choi, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network's Executive Offices. I'm sorry for the frustration caused with those price increases, but I would be happy to get that explained.

When a new customer signs up for service they get our Service Plan warranty free for 6 months. After that 6 months the bill goes up $6 for the Service Plan, but if can be removed at any time to save the $6. The Service Plan warranty covers all equipment in the event it needs to be replaced, including shipping and handling. It also covers any technicians you may need and discounts them from $95 to $15 as a one-time charge.

As for the second increase, on 2/1 we did have a price change. Price Increases affect all companies in the pay-TV industry, and while we raised ours $5; our competitors raised theirs by an average of $4-$8. The increase in costs reflects the change in the amount providers charge for the channels, costs of equipment/services/etc..

As of the most recent increase, however, DISH Network has introduced a price freeze on programming until 2013. I hope this helped clarify the increases you saw. If you have any other questions/concerns feel free to email me at [email protected]

• Updated by KaiaS DISH · Apr 23, 2011

Hello Leaapril, my name is Kaia and I work in the Executive Offices of DISH Network. I read your post and would first like to apologize for the poor experience that you have had with DISH. I definitely understand how frustrating it can be to get misinformation, especially when money is involved. I will provide you with some general information in addition to offering my assistance to you. Since DISH Network accounts are created on different days throughout each month, it is difficult for all accounts to be billed on the same date. For this reason, each individual DISH account has a billing date and a payment due date based on when the account was activated. I would like to take a look at your account and the billing cycle to determine what has happened and what can be done. Please email me at [email protected] so that I may further assist you.

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Apr 26, 2011

rfritschka, Tommy Faust with DISH Network's Executive Offices here. I know how frustrating it is to be given different information.

I reviewed your account and there are some things I would like to discuss with you, however as it is account specific I would need you to contact me; my email is [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Apr 26, 2011

woobles951, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network's Executive Offices. I apologize for the trouble with that service plan, and would be happy to explain this a bit more.

The service plan is $6 per month which, much like insurance, it protects you from anything that goes wrong by either covering replacement equipment or discounting a needed technician from $95 to $15.

It can be added or removed at any time. As it sounds like you were having a problem with that I would be more than happy to review that on your account and see what's going on. If you'd like assistance you can email me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Apr 26, 2011

AshutoshSharma, my name is Tommy Faust and I work for DISH Network's Executive Offices. I understand your frustrations hearing multiple versions of the same story, and would like to clarify this for you.

Our upgrades are dependent on what promotions are available, though our free/discounted upgrades do normally include a 24 month commitment. The commitment is what allows us to get the equipment to you at little to no cost as purchasing can be expensive.

I can also check out the account and see what's going on for your account specifically and see how we can help. If you'd like assistance you can reach me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · May 04, 2011

Hey bmfdlf, I'm sorry for the trouble you experienced with that technician. In most cases the technicians do return the equipment, but if they don't then we can definitely send out boxes to return it no cost to you.

As for the pipe the tech was supposed to cut, you typically would have to talk with them in regards to getting that removed. As you said it's been a few years; I would need to look at the account to check, and make sure everything is good or to send out boxes to return the equipment. You can email me at [email protected]

• Updated by MikeL DISH · May 12, 2011

I came across your post, Kevin Stastny, and would like to assist you further with this issue! If you could email me your account number, I would delighted to look into this and determine for certain what happened and where we would go from here. My email address is [email protected] I look forward to hearing from you and hope you enjoy your day!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · May 18, 2011

I would be more than happy to help you with this issue, Tara27. In order to optimally assist you, there are a few questions I need to ask to better understand the situation. When you state that you didn't get everything you paid for after the installer left, what exactly do you mean by that? Were you not receiving all the channels you thought you would? Also, have you been having signal issues? If so, what do you see on your TV screen (black/blue/snowy screen, error message, etc.)?

• Updated by [email protected] Network · May 25, 2011

Hey Joe D, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network's Executive Offices. I know how upsetting it is when you're told one thing and another happens.

The only thing I can think of that would be charged after the account was disconnected and the balance taken care of is Shipping and Handling when our equipment is returned. I would be more than happy to look at your account and see what's going on.

If you'd like any assistance feel free to email me at [email protected] Thanks!

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Jun 09, 2011

Elke Y. Park, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network's Executive Offices. I know it can be frustrating waiting for the gift card to arrive.

I can definitely review this with you, though keep in mind it can take around 4 to 6 weeks from activation for the process to be completed. If you can send me an account # or phone # to my email at [email protected] I would be happy to assist you and look into it!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jun 23, 2011

I saw your post, Petrucho, and would be happy to help! This issue is definitely something I can look into if you haven't had a chance to call in and speak to one of our agents already. Let me know if this has been resolved and I would be glad to assist further!

• Updated by Mark H DISH Network · Jun 23, 2011

Hello MD Gent, We would be happy to review what has occurred since your installation to HD in December. If you can send your account number we will look into how this may be resolved. You may email me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Jul 11, 2011

Hi there Ang American! I happened to read your post & I'm extremely sorry to hear about all these issues you have experienced with DISH Network! I'll introduce myself, my name is Michael Hurst & I work for DISH Network, in our Executive Resolutions Department & I would be more then happy to help you get this resolved. Since this is a public forum you can e-mail me if you'd like with any additional information & then you & I can work together and definitely make sure we get this all fixed for you! My email is [email protected] Take care & Hope to hear from you soon! –Michael

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Jul 24, 2011

Hi there Kirsten.purple! I happened to read your post & I'm extremely sorry to hear about all these issues you have experienced with DISH Network! I'll introduce myself, my name is Michael Hurst & I work for DISH Network, in our Executive Resolutions Department & I would be more then happy to help you get this resolved. Since this is a public forum you can e-mail me if you'd like with any additional information & then you & I can work together and definitely make sure we get this all fixed for you! My email is [email protected] Take care & Hope to hear from you soon! –Michael

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jul 26, 2011

Hey there, never been so f*#! mad!!, I came across your post! It would be my pleasure to do a little bit of research on this issue. Just for clarification, was your original request to have the dish satellite taken down from the roof only temporarily while the trimming crew repaired the roof, and then to put it back up once they were finished? Let me know what you had wanted the original plan to be and I'll look forward to hearing from you!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jul 27, 2011

I was interested in helping you with the situation you posted, ihatedishnetwork! I know how frustrating it can be to experience ongoing signal issues for that amount of time. What we can do for you is perform some research on your account if you haven't already spoken with any of our representatives in order to determine our options. In the event that you haven't been able to get this taken care of since this post, let me know so that I can review it more detail!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 02, 2011

I saw your post, I. M. Kanned! Each area of the country located within certain boundaries that receive their locals from a certain city. Sometimes, these boundaries do fluctuate, causing the availability of certain local channels to change, also. In regards to the issue of the cancellation fee you were charged, it depends on whether we have a valid contract for the account you opened, which I can gladly check on for you. Have you spoken to someone about this since you posted? In the event that you haven't, please let me know so that I can bring up your information and take a look!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 08, 2011

I do apologize about the confusion I read about in your post, xwrider51. Due to that issue with the contract that occurred, we actually stopped carrying the Disney Channel in HD completely. We don't own the networks that customers watch; rather, we pay each network for the broadcast right to provide you with them. Regarding the issue with the $5 phone line fee, have you spoken to someone since this post to get that looked into? In the event that it remains unresolved, let me know so I can do some research there!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 09, 2011

I saw your post, asmith8814, and would like to help you with that! Taxes on the bills we issue to our customers is not something we have any control over as those are in the hands of state and/or local governments. The takedown of any given network, including locals, happens when the network increases its price on us to continue carrying it and providing our customers with it by more than we feel fair. This is due to the fact that we must pay each network what they demand as we do not own them. In regards to the signal issues you've been having, have you still been experiencing them? If so, try unplugging the receiver for at least ten seconds and then plugging it back in. Let me know if you have any further questions about these issues!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 10, 2011

Hey there, Eggflipper! I'd like to extend my apologies to you about the ongoing trouble you went through with the service. To answer your concern, if we do show record of having received that email about canceling your account, backdating the charges to the original date of the email is certainly an appropriate resolution. In the event that you haven't yet been able to speak to anyone since you posted this and it remains unresolved, please let me know so I can take a look at it and assist you further!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 10, 2011

Your post caught my attention, Dakjek, and I would enjoy the opportunity to assist you with that! We have price increases sometimes when the networks we provide you with increase their price on us to continue the carriage. Our control over the price they demand from us is limited as we don't own the programs. Is this concern still unresolved or has one of our representatives helped you with it since you posted? I'll look forward to speaking with you in the near future!

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Sep 20, 2011

Dish network Idaho,

I definitely know how frustrating these situations can get. I hope this has been resolved for you, but if not it sounds like there may have been an extra charge for either return shipping labels or some equipment not returned causing the $25. I would be happy to check this out with you and see what's going on.

If you still need assistance or would like me to look into anything send me an email at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Oct 11, 2011

irrate Dish customer,

I have responded to your message!

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Oct 11, 2011

plsstopfleecin,

It does sound like a upsetting situation and I would be happy to review this with you and see what's going on. I know how billing can get and how tight bills can be. I hope everything is resolved by now, but if you have any questions you can send me a message here. If you have any questions about the account, as it is secure information, you can send me an email at [email protected] and I can assist you further from there.

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Oct 11, 2011

I've gone over your post, dish network suckss, and that's a situation that I'd be more than happy to look into for you! Is the third receiver that you have a DISH Network receiver? If it is, have you been using it and getting programming on it? Let me know and email me your account number so I can do some research. My email address is [email protected] I'll look forward to speaking with you!

• Updated by Mark H DISH Network · Oct 19, 2011

Hi Harold, if you need assistance with your refund you may email me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Oct 19, 2011

Hedgehogs,

I definitely know how frustrating it can be trying to find an event ordered. I would be happy to assist and provide any information I can.

When an account is canceled a credit is usually given back based on the amount of days not used in the service period. Any remaining fees on the account are first taken out of that credit, and if there are more fees than credits the difference is charged.

I can definitely look over the PPV charge and see what's going on with it. If you would like any assistance with that you can reach me here or at [email protected]

• Updated by Mark H DISH Network · Oct 25, 2011

Hi Helen, thank you for your post. If you still require assistance with this or would like us to review what occurred please email me at [email protected] Please include the DISH Network account number and full address so we may locate your account.

• Updated by Mark H DISH Network · Nov 03, 2011

Hi Jussite,

I am with DISH Network customer service and can review your concern. If you can email me with your DISH Network account and receiver number we will review the options for you.

My email is [email protected]

DISH Network customer service

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Nov 04, 2011

Hi Jussite,

I know how frustrating it can get sometimes. We do have a few promotions that require re signing a 24 month contract which will typically include upgrades to equipment. I do apologize if there was any misunderstandings.

If there is anything I can assist you with or if you have any questions you can send me a message here; or shoot me an email at [email protected]

• Updated by Mark H DISH Network · Nov 16, 2011

Hello Margie, my name is Mark and I work at DISH Network in customer service. If you continue to experience problems with the service and need assistance you may email me. I do show that you have a technician visit scheduled for Wednesday and hopefully they will get everything resolved for you.

• Updated by Mark H DISH Network · Nov 30, 2011

Hi Gella, I am with DISH Network customer service and can review your concern with the PPV ordering, purchase and viewing. If you can email with the DISH Network account number and receiver number (press menu twice with the remote) we will look into what occurred.

Internet Response Team
    DISH Network LLC

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Dec 03, 2011

Diane Moore,

I'm sorry to hear about the frustration you experienced Diane. I can provide more information for you; along with answering any questions.

When you signed up for HD Free for Life; how did you get the offer? If you signed up online it has a section that has you check a box if you agree to a contract of 24 months; if you signed up via the $99 one-time offer there should be no contract.

I know how price increases can get Diane. All companies experience these increases, which reflects the change in the amount providers charge for the channels, costs of equipment/services/etc.. To get information on the change specific for you I would need to view the account.

While we do attempt to resolve a technical issue over the phone; we can send a technician out on your request. You can send me a message here with any questions; or an email at [email protected] if you would like to talk about the account, and I would be more than happy to assist you Diane.

DISH Internet Response Team

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Jan 24, 2012

brigmark,

I can definitely understand the effect a price increase may have. To ascertain what caused the price increase, I would need to look at the account.

All companies experience these increases which reflects the change in the amount providers charge for the channels, costs of equipment/services/etc.. Due to the amount of the increase, it sounds like a credit on your account may have expired. Since this information would be account sensitive, I would need you to send me the account or phone number. You can send it to me through a message here, or if you are more comfortable you can email it to me at [email protected]

DISH Internet Response Team

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Mar 31, 2012

Hey chadt41!

We appreciate the kudos! Glad to hear you're enjoying your service! If you ever have any questions or need any assistance you can reach out to me or one of my co-workers here for any assistance!

DISH Social Media Representative

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jun 23, 2012

sammycat13,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a been experience with our service. It would be my pleasure to assist you if you could explain what exactly happened! Let me know some details of the issue and I'll look forward to hearing from you!

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Oct 18, 2012

I understand your frustration. I would be upset too if I was in your position. I am more than happy to review what is occurring and assist you in any way that I can. Please send me an email directly. I have left my contact information below.

Raymond Gonzales
    Social Media Representative
    DISH Network LLC
    Sunday-Thursday
    2:45-11:15PM MST

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Nov 20, 2012

Barbara, I am terribly sorry to hear about the continued frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this and see what's going on to get your equipment up and running. I can also look into your previous times you called in and pass it forward. Can you please send me an email at [email protected] so I can provide further assistance?

DISH Social Media Representative

• Updated by Mark H DISH Network · Nov 20, 2012

Hello Barbara, I am sorry to hear that the DISH service did not work properly for you and we were not able to keep you as a DISH customer. I will be happy to review your DISH account and see how I may assist you. Please email with the DISH account number.

Social Media Representative
    DISH LLC
    3 pm – 11 pm Sunday though Thursday

3 pm – 11 pm Sunday though Thursday

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Feb 27, 2013

MYV,

I saw your post and would like to assist you with your situation as I can understand your frustration! Could you please private message me your account number so I can look over your information and better help you with this? I appreciate your efforts and look forward to speaking with you!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Feb 28, 2013

sohamsarkar,

I understand your concern and would be happy to help you with that! For the purpose of your personal security, I recommend not posting your account number on a public forum. In order for me to optimally assist you with this, can you please private message me so we can discuss this further? Thank you very much and I hope to hear from you!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Mar 02, 2013

kilroy_50,

I came across your post and would love to help you with that! Could you please private message me your account number or phone number so I can pull up your information and take a look? Thank you very much for your efforts and I'll look forward to your response to see what I can do!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Mar 02, 2013

Kimberlyo,

I would be more than happy to assist you with your concerns about your account! Could you please private message me your account number so I can review your information and see what I can do? Your efforts are very much appreciated and I'll enjoy the opportunity to get this all straightened out!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Mar 28, 2013

Dan burress,

I can see your frustrated from having a look at your post and would be happy to help you with that! If you had signed up for your service about a year ago, it's possible that your promotional credits toward your programming package have expired, making its price now the standard for all customers as the discount is only temporary. I would appreciate your efforts if you could please private message your account number to me so I can have a look at it to verify what's going on. Thank you very much and I'll enjoy the opportunity to get this cleared up for you!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Apr 24, 2013

didontlikescams,

I understand your concern as I saw your post and would be happy to help you! We do bill a month if advance for upcoming service and because there will be a charge on the first bill that's issued after the promotion expires, we do apply the appropriate prorated credit for that charge on the bill after it. Could you please private message me your account number so I can take a look at it and resolve this issue? Thank you for your efforts!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jun 07, 2013

AskMartinez,

Your concern from that situation is understandable and we hated to have seen you go! Did we ever have troubleshooting done or a technician sent back out to see what we could do? Please private message me your account number and I'll look forward to assisting you further!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jun 26, 2013

bholly62,

I can understand your frustration from this and if you could please private message me with your account number or phone number, it would be my pleasure to help you further in getting it taken care of! Thank you very much for your efforts and I look forward to hearing from you!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 28, 2013

David Petty,

I've reviewed your post and wanted to help you with this situation. If you could please private message me your account number, I'd like to take a look at your service and see what I can do.

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Sep 18, 2013

CeeJayJ,

I've had a chance to go over your post and would like to assist you with this if you could please private message me your account number! I appreciate your efforts and look forward to hearing from you!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Nov 19, 2013

Msblaacklick,

The sales representative will build the work order for whatever services you request for the new account. I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience you went through and would appreciate your efforts if you could please private message me with your account number so we can further discuss this. Thank you!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jan 15, 2014

DuaneGough,

I've reviewed your post and would be happy to help you if you could please private message me your account number and four-digit PIN so I can take a look and get this straightened out. You've been through a runaround, I understand that, but would appreciate your efforts if you could do that so I can have a chance to see what we have going on. Thank you very much.

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jan 22, 2014

Connie Wilcox,

I'm sorry you feel our customer support was unhelpful and rude as that's never our intention as we strive to provide you with the highest quality support in the industry. Please private message me your account number and four-digit PIN so I can have a look.

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jan 31, 2014

DuaneGough,

That sounds good and I'd appreciate it if you kept me posted! I apologize for my delayed response and will look forward to your follow-up!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 02, 2016

MTBobcat,

I saw your post and wanted to help you in getting that straightened out! If you could please private message me your account number and four-digit PIN, I can review your information and see what we have going on.

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 02, 2016

Alfee,

I've reviewed your post and would like to take a look at your account if you could please private message me your account number. Thanks!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 12, 2016

Zoe1102,

I've reviewed your situation and would like to assist you with this! In order for me to provide you with the optimal assistance, I would need you to send me your account number in a private message so I can look over your information to see exaclty where it is that we stand right now. Thank you very much for your efforts and I will enjoy the opportunity to helping you further with this in getting it all squared away!

• Bi
    Billy Crabtree Jun 27, 2010

About a week ago Dish Network called me to see if I was going to pay my payment, I said Yes but I only get paid every two weeks because I am in the Army so I decided to do a check by phone said can you hold a check til the first of July when i get paid next. They told me no can only hold til the 26 th of June so once again after being a customer of there's for 5 years they have disconnected my service on the 27th, couldn't wait four more days til I get paid and then get there money, but now are going to charge me a reconnect fee to get it turned back on. DONT THINK SO SO LONG DISH NETWORK . YOU ALL A FREIKING JOKE ANYMORE AND WILL PROBABLY REPORT THIS TO BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU.

• Ta
    Tall David Jun 27, 2010

Something tells me that we're going to go through this with Direc TV, but my grand mother refuses to pay anything. And She is determined to make Direc TV's life a living hell.

There was a get 4month free deal but that was with all the channels and the NFL package. I really didn't want to listen to the poor customer service reps concerning taking those extra charges off.

So now we've got 3 boxes. But after hearing AT&T even though they are now fiber optic works through Direc TV. No way in hell am I ever going through them after I've got enough to pay my 155 dollars for Comcast.

• Wi
    windsor Jun 26, 2010

Whatever you do with satellite tv, Do not get Dish network satellite service. I was supposed to pay about 60 to 70 dollars a month for their service. I am now paying $92.35 for just regular tv. no movie channels. Mostly just telemarketing channels in the top 200 that I signed up for. I have 2 TVs hooked to one line and we can't use both of them at the same time. If both are on we can't change the channels on either one. Wrote them & they sent instructions that were impossible to follow. They charge me an extra $5.00 a month for service & they ignore my e mails to them. I am a disabled senior & my subscription will be up in November & I will do my very best to switch to another TV service & hope that I can get one that will not screw me on the billing. Dave Davis

• Je
    Jean from Colorado Jun 11, 2010

My son recommended Direct TV versus ComCast. We had Comcast, but they continued increasing our bill. The fun began when we signed up with Direct TV-then had our services bundled with Quest. We were to get a $30 rebate each month for the first year for using Direct TV. According to several customer service reps., we did not sign the rebate offer that was in our first bill. Well, if it was in our first bill, I did not see it. This was not explained to us when we signed for Direct TV. Now, we do not qualify for the rebate, and there nothing they can do about. Consequently, we lost $360 for the first year. The dish fills with snow so there is no signal. As a disabled person, I cannot climb up ladder with a broom to brush the snow away. As I talked to a Quest rep. who used to work for Direct TV, I can purchase a heating cable for $75. Another issue that was not explained to me. I guess I will need to climb a ladder to install a heating cable which I cannot do without high potential of serious injury. It seems like were are Direct TV victims of poor service, hidden charges, promotional scams, & poor customer information Today, I received a bill for $294.67 which was a bill for my bundled services for previous month & the following month of service that I had not used . I received the bill six days before it was due. My bill will be late because it over the weekend, & my bank will not electronically transfer funds until the following business day.
    I have talked to several customer service reps. in various call centers in Idaho & Utah with out any success in dealing with issues. I was magically disconnected three times as I was being referred from one customer rep to another. The problem was never resolved other than there is nothing I can do about it. I wish I had read these complaints before i signed up for their services. As I read through the complaints, it sounds like I have many of the same issues. I am going to suspend my service versus canceling service with Direct TV until my contract runs out. As I was writing this E-mail, a rep from Dish Network came to the door. It must be a sign to change TV providers. Oh, their dish has teflon coating so the snow slides off the dish. I guess that I will not have to risk life & limb to brush the snow off the satellite dish. Jean from Colorado

• Bl
    B. Leyva Jun 07, 2010

I called dishnetwork to ask about cable for our home in August of 2009. The representative I spoke with offered me a plan called "Digital Home Advantage DishFAMILY With Locals" for $29.99 a month. I explained that I wanted a low cost plan and asked if there were any additional charges. I also explained that I didn't want to get a promo offer and then have the price increase at a later date. She explained that this would be the price and that this was not a promo offer. I repeated my question several times about any additional or hidden fees in the monthly plan of $29.99. She repeated that there were no additional fees. She did say that this plan required a two-year contract. I told her that I was okay with a two year contract as long as the monthly fee stayed the same for the two years. I had shopped around and this sounded like the best deal for the price. She said the plan came with 3 months of free HBO and Showtime. After signing up for this plan I received my first bill and it included charges for 2 months of FREE HBO/Showtime, PLUS $5 fee for a "TV2 Receiver Connection" which I was not told about when I signed up (a hidden fee?!). I called right away and was told to subtract the HBO/Showtime fee and pay the difference. When I asked about the additional $5, I was told to connect the receiver to a phone line to avoid this fee. This was not explained to me when I ordered this plan. The following month I was charged a $5 late fee, $5 for the TV2 Receiver Connection, and the difference that I was told to subtract from the previous bill. This went on every month and every month I had to call to get it resolved. I was lied to when I signed up with dishnetwork. This is a scam to get people to sign up and then the additional/hidden fees are added to the bill. Before I cancelled my account I was notified that the fees were being increased and that I had signed up for a promotional plan. I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR A PROMOTIONAL PLAN. THAT WAS NOT MY INTENT. I SPECIFICALLY ASKED AND EXPLAINED THAT I WANTED A LOW COST LONG TERM PLAN WITH NO HIDDEN/ADDITIONAL FEES OR INCREASES. How can this company get away with this? I am disputing the cancellation fee that dishnetwork wants me to pay. I do not feel I should pay for something I didn't order. I would like to review the taped recordings of the conversations I had with the dishnetwork personnel each time I called them (I had to call them ever month!). I don't feel dishnetwork should be allowed to take advantage of people this way. Thank you. Sincerely, Bertha Leyva

• Je
    jeff369 May 31, 2010

On Friday June 24th I ordered Dish Network to be installed on Tues 4/25 between 8 and 12. Was up at 7, hadn’t heard anything by 10 and called and couldn’t get a hold of the installer, long story short, he showed up an hour late. Sense I didn’t qualify for the promotion they send me in the mail 8 to 10 times a week, I was given the not so good credit plan where I had to pay the 99.00 install fee and pay a month in advance and I could choose from a HD receiver or a DVR Standard receiver box. Always had DVR and love it. So ordered the DVR. So the install guy get there an hour late mind you and he asked me why I am not getting the HD box, I had an HD TV and you have over 70 different channels in HD. He said I could just use my computer to record DVR’s for free.” He also added that way you don’t have to pay extra each month for DVR. Seemed like a good idea at the time, so I agreed. I got to thinkin after the guys left and realized without a DVR box, I’d have to save everything to my computer and it wouldn’t take long to fill that up so I immediately called Dish Network thinking no big deal, I could just switch back to my original DVR package. This wasn’t the case.
    After speaking with like 10 different Dish Network employees ranging from customer service, to supervisor to manager then to The Executive Resolutions Department, which is supposedly the highest level of customer service, they all told me the same thing. When I signed the piece of paper that installer gave me when he left, I agreed that everything was installed correctly and to my satisfaction… And by signing that paper, it’s closed the work order and it cannot be reopened, but they were nice enough to give me the option of purchasing a DVR box through Dish Network for only 449.00 or wait and with 12 months good payment history I “might” be able get an upgrade to DVR. It didn’t matter that the installer misinformed me. Felt like once I signed that form I was signing my soul to the devil with no way out. All I want is the DVR, I’m not asking for credit or anything I didn’t already qualify for. I just think its pretty ### that because I took the advise Dish Network employee that ended up not being correct I, the consumer, am being forced to pay for it for another year. When I called in the first time I asked the rep what can i do to fix this, the installer has only been gone and hour, I can drive to him and switch out the boxes, I can bring it in to one of your retail stores, whatever I need to do, but can we please just get this fixed? I just feel it could have been such an easy switch and everyone is happy, but no. They would rather lose a customer. Now I have little options other than to post this to any and every website that will listen in hopes that no one else gets screwed the way I did and see if anyone has any advise for me. Thanks

• Ss
    S Stafford May 30, 2010

I got charged over $500 after cancelling the service after having it for a whole 2 weeks. They completely lied about the monthly charges and REFUSED to give me a copy of the supposed contract that I signed. Even though I never signed any contract nor did I have a copy of it. They were the rudest bunch of people I have ever dealt with and honestly seems to enjoy sticking it to people. They even said that they were not responsible for the pricing I was told because the account was set up by a third party company. WHAT??? I called Direct TV! I was initially told I had 30 days to cancel but when I got the bill and saw they had lied about the price, I called to cancel and was once told I had 72 hrs to cancel, then 48 hrs then 24 hrs. I find it interesting how the stories change to fit their needs. So, I ended up getting over $500 charged to my credit card by them. I disputed the charge and as quickly as it was taken off the card, it was put back on even after I called Direct TV and told them that they are not authorized to make ANY charges to my card. I even contacted their corporate office and they were even bigger jerks if that is possible. Switched to Dish Network and have been happy. Whatever you do STAY AWAY FROM DIRECT TV!!!

Jack Larry May 26, 2010

My wife and I were not happy with our TV service and were looking to change. We were told by Dish network she could get her Japanese cannel and I was told I would be able to get 99% of all NFL games by ordering a certain package with Dish Network and getting two HD receivers. We signed up for their package in September, 2009.
    Needless to say, I did not get even 1% of the NFL games I wanted to see but my wife was able to get her Japanese channel, for a while. I had to get Dish to change my package due to the fact I could not get my football games; and that was not easy. We had to have maybe seven visits from Dish service people to get things working properly. Even then, the service for HD and the Japanese channel would come and go causing lost shows and events. About mid Feburary 2010, we lost her Japanese channel and all HD channels completely. We contacted Dish about this and they tried to charge us to come out and fix the problem. We refused and told them they had ten days to get our two Dish boxes working properly or we were going to cancel without paying any cancelation fees due to their breaking their contract with us first.

Please take this as gospel. We warn everyone not to sign up with Dish network. They do not offer goood service, good reception or good programming. Be forewarned!!!

direct tv sucks!!!!!! May 19, 2010

i had explained that i was moving in 1 year overseas and that i could not honor the agreement with direct tv for 2 years, after speaking to a costumer service person who assure me that i would not have a problem because their contract states that if they cannot provide me with service to were im moving the contract was void so i sighed the contract after being assure that i would have no problems, i just cancel my plan and was charged a cancellation fee of 200 dollars .i spoke to a costumer service person who basically told me that not even if i lost my job would they forgo the cancellation fee witch one more thing that had been told to me by them was and they they have been advertising would it make a difference, can i report them to the consumer bureau?

Disgusted in Nebraska May 15, 2010

We had Dish Network for several years in Colorado and never had a problem with equipment, programming, etc. We moved to a small town in the panhandle of Nebraska. We signed up for a 2 year contract in a bundle with our phone service and based on where we live, received ALL Denver channels. The Rockies play on FOXRM and we ALWAYS got to watch the games on Dish in Colorado so we never thought twice that we wouldn't here. We were able to watch FOXRM and all programming until we turned it on to watch a Rockies' game, the channel indicated it was blocked. We called Dish and they told us the game had to be on a local channel or it would be on FOXRM. So, the next time there was a game, we tried to watch, and again, it was blocked and again I called and we were told the same thing again. Never once did anyone tell us that there was something called "MLB Extra Innings" and it was extra. However, we were locked into our 2 year contract. Because we didn't verify with DISH that we would be able to watch the Rockies, that was our fault and my husband had to listen to the games on the radio. After 1 year of this, my husband said he was willing to pay the early cancelation charge with DISH if he could get another service that aired the Rockies games. I contacted DirectTV and spoke to a rep that spent almost an hour going back and forth checking various things to be sure we would get the Rockies games. I didn't ask for a specific channel, I told him I would not change service unless we could get the channel that aires the Rockies. He assured me that we would get the games. I told him that I would be paying an early termination fee with Dish, so I wanted to be sure I was going to get the Rockies games. The installer came out and hooked up the system, he left, my husband turned on FOXROM and we got a message that the channel was not purchased. I called customer service and the woman I spoke to indicated that in order to get the "sports channels of which FOXRM is one" it was extra -- we had to have the sports package at $12.99/mo. I was furious because the guy I spoke to when I signed up mentioned nothing about the sports package, but for $13/mo. I could live with that if we could watch the Rockies -- and she was generous by offering us that package free for 6 months. This was all happening during the Rockies pre-season and we had no problem watching those games. Well, on opening day, we turned to FOXRM and to our surprise, the game was "blocked". Furious again, I contacted DirectTV and this time, I was told to get games "outside my region" (not so funny, I get ALL Denver channels, but my "sports package region" is Kansas City), I had to pay over $200 for the MLB Extra Innings. This was the first time anyone mentioned this package and I told her they need to make sure they train their service reps so they understand what programming they offer, what channels are blocked, etc. I would NEVER have canceled Dish and gone with Direct if I had been told up front that it would cost me over $200 to watch the games. I am actually worse off now than I was with Dish -- I only had 5 months left on my 2 year contract with DISH and now I'm locked into another 2 year contract and the cost will go up when my "free 6 month offer of the Sports package" expires and if I want to watch the Rockies next year, I'll have to pay that $200+ fee for that service. After a few weeks of fuming and trying to decide how I wanted to handle this, I called DirectTV and explained the chain of events with a customer service rep. She told me I had to talk to the cancellation dept. and they told me I could cancel with no problem -- except it would cost me over $400 in early cancelation fees. I explained that I paid the early cancelation with DISH because I was assured DirectTV could provide me with the Rockies games. Well, she spoke to her supervisor and they offered me a 1 year free subscription to MLB Extra Innings. I told her that was very generous, but that didn't help me in year 2 of my contract or any year thereafter if we decided to stay with Direct. She was very quick to offer to cancel and charge us the $400+ when I declined that offer. I told her I wanted to talk to someone else, but she informed me I had to write a letter to their customer service department and explain the situation again. So, I did that, but not knowing how long it would take them to contact me, I called back and accepted that free offer -- BAD IDEA. I got a call from Direct 2 weeks after I sent the letter -- EXPLAINED THIS WHOLE SITUATION again (I think this was the fourth time) and was pretty much told, TOO BAD - YOU AGREED TO 2 YEAR CONTRACT and I would have to pay the early termination fee if I canceled PLUS I would have to pay for that "free $200+ service" that I accepted for MLB EI since I was not fulfilling my contract. I will be contacting Tom Martino and every Better Business Bureau in major cities. I will also be posting my experience on my Facebook page and any of the "group facebooks" I am associated with.

• ScamBusters96 Apr 27, 2010

When I had Dish Network they accused me of ordering a payper view movie once. It was the Mothman Prophecies. They implied I was lying about not ordering it. I asked them how I could have ordered it without having my phone line plugged in, but they had no answer. They told me "as a courtesy" they would remove the charge. I was no longer under contract, and as a courtesy, went to DirecTV. I didn't appreciate being called a liar. Good luck!

• Ar
    A.Reddy Apr 27, 2010

We have been Dishnetwork customers for years and they are charging us wrongfully now. We figured that 2, 3 months later as we had set up online payment, we didn't realize at first. When we realized in January, 2010 we called them and were told that we ordered some pay per view movies.

They were showing evidence on our system, we told them we didn't order any of those and he blamed on someone secretly watching those adult movies without our knowledge. That rep. was indirectly suspecting my 12 year old. As I closely watch my son and never leave him alone, I know for sure that was wrong. My son was never left alone without supervision.

We thought may be my Mom must have pressed wrong buttons on accident as she is not educated and don't know much about anything but the Indian channels numbers and on/off button. We paid the bill and asked them to make our credit to zero dollars to avoid accidents, and also locked all the PPV channels.

We got our March bill and again showed up 30 dollars extra for some PPV movies. When asked we were told that these charges are from before we locked our PPV and it is normal that they show up after 2, 3 months and were told we might expect more. I don't know how long they are going to cheat us this way. I am planning on changing it.

• Dl
    dlhankey Apr 15, 2010

I just had to cut and paste this review from another disgruntled customer (my experience did not happen exactly as the attached complaint however,
    I have had so many issues and made so many phonecalls to correct THEIR errors and misleading information that I cannot even begin to recant the conversations, false promises & different responses, depending on who you talk to, which all conflict with each other). I am so frustrated (putting it nicely) that we are indeed, for a $400+ cancellation fee, going to terminate our service. I'd rather go with no TV than to deal with their company any longer. I only wish that I'd checked the internet before doing business with them. Take heed and spread the word!
    P.S. If you know how to send these complaints to Direct TV's CEO, please let me, and the world, know.

False advertisement, wrong billing, poor customer service

I made sure to ask all the right questions about billing and cancellation. I was promised a 30 day trial period no strings attached, the salesman even told me they knock off another $10 from the bill if you pass a credit check.

Direct tv was installed on a friday in march-07. We signed up for the plus package- 185 channels/hbo & cinemax free for 3 months for $44.99, no dvr included. The following monday we received a bill from them for $59.99. I called to question and correct the amount. I had to speak with several people getting different answers and reasons about the bill amount. When i mentioned cancelling the service i was told i would be fined because i exceeded their 7 day cancel policy its not 30, then i was "accidentally" disconnected.

When i called back after jumping through several hoops, the next person tells me its not 7 days, you only have 3 days to cancel from activation, then i was "accidentally" disconnected again.

Several weeks later we get a second bill for $59. Now we owe them for 2 months and we've only had service for a little over 5 weeks. Several days later they shut off our service.

During this experience with direct tv i've learned several facts:

1- customer service is lousy, they are either all stupid or they are all lying about everything.

2- direct tv will terminate your service within a 40 day period or sooner if a single bill is not paid, even a new customer.

3- in order to get the advertised package prices, you need to mail in a rebate form that takes 6-8 weeks and no interuption of service to qualify. This redemption can be ended at the discretion of direct tv at any time which can send your bill back up.

4- the installer doesnt have you sign anything. Your first bill is considered your contract with the terms of agreement and is also your redemption form to get the rebate for a lower bill.

5- direct tv's billing is pro-rated, this fancy word means your actually paying ahead for the service before you use it instead of after.

6-after your service is shut off, they will obviously call and try to collect the money, but they will also try to get you to cancel so they can add another $300 to your bill.

My best advice to anyone thinking about ordering directv is not to do it. They smack of false advertising and hidden details and poor customer service. If you already have directtv, do not cancel the service because they will bill you $300 or more on top of the monthly bill you owe. Your actually better off just not paying the bill... this way if they shut your service off, and you dont cancel, they cant even ask for the box back.

If your service is shut off, make sure you unplug the box right away because they can actually keep billing you month to month. This is because they dont actually kill the signal to the box, you still get a couple channels, but the only thing you can really watch are pay per view and the 24 hour ad channels.

• Av
    Avital Alkoby Apr 12, 2010

I have been paying for HD service since October of 2008, ( 18 months). A technician sent by Dish Network to upgrade the dish alerted me to the fact that the switch originally installed outside (33) is not a high definision switch ( which should be switch 44) and therefor I have never had HD service. I called customer service and asked to be refunded for the services they have never rendered and yet billed for. Elisha ( ID S65) was willing only to refund 6 months and after talking to a supervisor, Tony (ID 5E9), was willing to extend the credit for 9 months. I did not accept since I believe they don't have a right to bill for services they don't render and therefor, at least, I am entitled to a full refund. I am looking for the right governmental ageny to place a complaint about Dish network.

• Sh
    sheralynn Mar 25, 2010

i signed up for dish network in nov of 09 and at the time of signing up. They told me that I would be paying 24.99 for one full year and that included free dvr and installation. I ended up paying installation charges and they raised up my premium to 48.00 a month and its only been 5 months. I called asked why they were charging me so much money and they said that I had to pay for the dvr's and i told them, I would not have signed up for the service because Iwas out of work and I could not have afforded any more than the 25.00 a month since my husband was disabled. They told me if I cancelled they would charge me 19 months of service fees for early disconnection. I told them if they had told me at the begginning of signing up that I would be paying so much money, I would not have signed up. I feel that they took advance of me and now are trying to lock me into something I can't and never could have afforded.

direct tv is bad Mar 21, 2010

charged us $400 to cancel even though guy that insalled dish said we had 10 days. horrible service. i will never recommend direct tv to anyone. i wish i would have checked this site first. now i am stuck with $400 bill after cancelling service after a few days! poor reception. verizon should not do business with direct tv.

• Ic
    iceblues66 Mar 10, 2010

I am so sorry that I did not see these posts before I signed up for Direct TV for our business... I called the 800# and spoke to a friendly representative and told them that we were moving our business and that the new place did not have cable reception so we were investigating our satellite options. He said great! and went on to give the sales pitch of his life. I signed up for the $24.99 package and scheduled an install date AT OUR STORE and the tech came and installed the dish AT OUR STORE. One week later I get a nasty call from the "fraud department" from a nasty, uneducated girl named Brittnay - telephone number [protected] if you want to harrass her - telling me that I was committing a fraud by having a residential acct at a business... I said EXCUSE ME?!? FRAUD?! I gave the name of my business, I gave the address of my business, I told the guy it was a business and a tech came to my business to set up the service by drilling a HOLE in the side of my building - How did I commit a fraud?! DirectTV is commiting a fraud by selling me a on lost cost package and then once everything is installed switching on me to a "business package" which is nearly 3x the price .. I said to her -- who do I CALL about a fraud perpetrated against me?! And she of course - with her high school education continued to read from her script... refused to transfer me to anyone and told me if I did not call the Commercial Accts dept my service would be suspended...The person at the commercial dept was very understanding but said that yes, I would need to switch to a business acct for $69.99 a month ... and I said no - that unless they figured something out they would have to send a tech to my BUSINESS and take their equipment back -- and since THEY were changing the terms of the contract I would not pay anything... We'll see... I am cancelling my credit card today so they cannot start charging me for things like happened to the people on this site ... at least I read your notes in time for that! I'll keep you posted as to how things progress...

JayBury Mar 02, 2010

DirecTV sux! When Nuclius HDTV comes out from Triniti Communications, all of the cable and satellite companies will be running for cover. I can't wait to get mine.

• Vo
    vons charleston Feb 15, 2010

I had originally contacted AT&T concerning their advertised bundle package that includes phone (free local and long distance), internet service and cable which they provide through Direct T.V.. After discussing the bundle package with the representative of AT&T, I accepted the offer via phone conversation. I am enclosing letters to the FCC and my bank that will give you details of what happened. AT&T ordered my Direct T.V. service and Direct T.V. came out a few days later and installed the service. After the installation, the installer pulled out a form and asked me to go around the house and inspect the installation and then sign the form stating that I was satisfied with the installation and I did sign. I am including a copy. I did not realize nor was I told before that this is actually a contract with Direct T.V. that states that I am under contract and if I cancel after installation that they will charge me for cancellation. The cancellation fee is quit hefty. I never at any time gave Direct T.V. my bank account information but AT&T did. Approx 10 days later I received a bill from Direct T.V. that was approx. $117. I was shocked because the bundle package of all of the service I have mentioned above was supposed to be around $89.00 per month. I was also under the belief that I would be billed by AT&T only. I contacted Direct T.V. and was told by them that AT&T said that I did not qualify for the bundle package. I informed them that the qualification was that I was bringing all services over from another existing provider. I told them I would contact AT&T. When I called AT&T they stated that they were partners with Direct T.V. I told and told them of the charges from the Direct T.V. bill, they stated that they did not hand the billing for Direct T.V.. AT&T that I had ordered through AT&T and that I was never told that I would be getting two bills and that the bill from Direct T.V. was higher than what my bundle price should be. I informed AT&T that I was told that I had 30 days to cancel and since it was within 30 days, I wished to invoke the cancellation. They told me to contact Direct T.V.. I told AT&T that I did not order through Direct T.V., that AT&T did this on my behalf for the bundle, but they told me that I would have to call. During this time the AT&T lineman came out to run the phone line and I informed him not to run the line that I was in the process of cancelling.
    A few weeks later Direct T.V. billed my debit card approx $500 for cancellation fee. I had never given Direct T.V. this information, although AT&T had my bank card information. AT&T gave out my personal bank account number without my authorization or permission. Since then I had to write a dispute to Wachovia and have informed the FCC of the actions of AT&T and Direct T.V. I am sending you this information as well. Basically the FCC states that they are satisfied with their response from AT&T and that they closed the complaint.
    I feel that I have been mislead in this bait and switch operation of AT&T and Direct T.V. and I have been wronged by AT&T giving my personal bank account information to another company. I am not the only one that this has happened to. I have a friend that this has just happened to as well and there are numerous complaints on the internet regarding this.
    My wife suggested that this would be a good class action suit since there are so many complaints and I certainly do not want my excellent credit rating blemished because of these companies.
    I look forward to hearing back from you.

There have been two class action suits taken in two states against DIRECT TV. We need an attorney to take one in South Carolina.

• Ta
    Tall David Feb 12, 2010

I use to have Direc TV back in 2005, and after Com Cast dicked us around, and my grandma was looking into service I decided to use Direc TV because at the time I had them I never had a problem, and at the time the total choice was 39.99 since I only had it in one room.

We are know being charged for 3 boxes. A fourth box wasn't even active, and we've got the 6 dollar insurance. When I called Direc TV they got my grandmothers name wrong, and continue to bill her under the name Marjorie when I specifically told them her name was Margie. Then for 52.99 we'd get service. So 80 bucks for 3 rooms, and at one time they posted her account to the wrong TV account. She had to straighten it out with her bank to get it paid along with also dealing with the ### customer service. She hates DTV, and I hate them too. Just as soon as I can cancel and move back to Com Cast that's exactly what I am doing.

The 4th box was defective when they gave it to us. DTV wanted to charge me 45 dollars because it wasn't covered by the 6 dollars. But my understanding was the 6 dollars covered everything. So why do they have something as worthless as this if it doesn't even cover what its suppose to.

When I switch I'll never go back to DTV ever. They've screwed around too many customers with their shady practices.

• Lu
    Luis Ponce Jan 26, 2010

I was not informed of a fee to change programming and when I called customer service they acknowledge their mistake but the best they could do is to waive half of the fee. there was no way in earth to make them understand that they can not charge for a service if they do not disclosure the cost first because the client do not have a way to know their procedures costs. The supervisor kept repeating that because they came to perform the change in the programming they were entitled to charge me for that even thought they did not disclosure that there was a fee or how much was that fee. Now I am trapped in a two year contract with this guys with no way out.

• Fa
    Farmer01 Jan 25, 2010

Direct is the worst experience i have ever had. They falsely advertise on their home page their "cheap" service and neglect to mention all the hidden costs. WHICH is quite ironic considering they have a commercial about how DISH (whom they own) has hidden charges.

I signed up for a 51.99 bill for one year and there after it would go to 72.99 WELL this month my bill is 93.00.

I WILL NEVER EVER HAVE THEM AGAIN!

go with local cable, or dish ( i had wonderful experience with them for over 10 years, and because of one (minor bad experience) and a headache that day i terminated service with DISH. i wish i handnt!

• Ca
    CalK Jan 20, 2010

Caveat Emptor!! In light of the serial equipment failures I've experienced (4 DVRs now in 3 1/2 months), I asked DISH to extend their

"warranty" allowance for the balance of my contract period with them. They refused, and I believe that indicates their own lack of

confidence in their equipment's performance. They insist that if I wish to extend the free warranty period beyond the initial 9 months, that

I pay them about $6/month for the privilege. Here's the story, you decide:
    The DVR
    - DVR #1 Required replacement after about a month of service because recordings were pixelated when played back.
    - DVR #2 Required replacement after two or three weeks because the audio for TV1 became "fuzzy".
    - DVR #3 Required a Service visit after about 2 weeks during which they sent me a new Remote2 because it wouldn't work from the Den

where TV2 was located. (Original Remote2 worked fine with DVRs 1 and 2, above). The new remote didn't solve the problem. The

technician ultimately installed a small antenna in the Den atop TV2 to augment the receiver's ability to respond to Remote2. I'm STILL

wondering why the original Remote2 worked fine with DVRs 1 and 2 but required this additional antenna for DVR 3.
    - DVR #3 After another month or so, my screen went black and the sound went away on the DVR. I called Tech Support, and after the

usual (by this time) Reset it, Unplug it, Reset it again, etc. etc. we finally saw that on the System Info screen, my DVR shows a Smart

Card number that is all zeros. It will have to be replaced. A technician came to the house two days later to do a "professional

installation" of a replacement DVR.
    - DVR #4 - It's still working but it's only a couple of weeks old. And my confidence in their equipment is zilch, zip, nada, none.
    = = = = = = = = =
    - Each replacement meant I had to re-program all of my Timers and recreate my Favorites list, AND you lose the recordings on this DVR

that are being saved or stored until we watch them. THIS IS A SERIOUS PAIN IN THE BUTT!!!
    - EACH time I've had to replace a receiver or DVR, I have to drive 16 miles one way to drop the defective one off at a UPS store. And of

course, spend a lot of time testing (reset, unplug, etc. etc.) and replacing and re-programming the new one.

• Fi
    firefightermom Jan 17, 2010

I wish I had checked this site before I signed on with direct tv. I am a single mother of 4 and couldnt afford the hundreds of dollars it has cost me to be scammed by direct tv. I have had most of the problems listed above and have been able to get no satisfaction. I am still under contract and when I moved they informed me I couldnt get the move in special because I hadnt had service for a full year. Those %$##@@'s. If anyone does a group lawsuit, please call me, Im IN !

• Ke
    Kerry K Jan 06, 2010

I am so disgusted with DirectTV. I have been put on hold 10 times in the last 2 weeks with them when I tried to call to disconnect a pkg that they offered me for free 3 months ago. I decided to call the # and select the option of making a change to my service instead of the discontinue option and it was a miracle, they picked it right up but they then told me they had to transfer me & I was once again put on hold for over 30 minutes again until I hung up. I still have not been able to talk to anyone. When the man called me to offer me the so-called free 3 month pkg origanally, I told him that even though the pkg sounded good that I didn't want it because I would have so much trouble disconnecting it later. He assured me that it would be no problem and gave me dates & ph #s to call & discontinue it. I did take his name along with date & time he called. Not that makes much difference because he could very well have been lying to me. I am so tired of being jerked around by these people!

• Tu
    tumberlico Jan 04, 2010

You know, I work for Dish. And yes, the service is terrible. I'm not surprised at the lion's share of your complaints - save one. Your wife was told by some guy knocking on the door that "Dish Network bought Direct TV." Believing this line of horse crap, your wife went ahead and signed up for service. Really? Did your wife not bother to turn on a TV? Do you live in a world where major business news is not reported?

###. You deserve the 240$ cancellation fee. And yeah, it's automatic.

• Ss
    ssobani Jan 02, 2010

I have received extremely poor service from Direct TV. The sales team assured us that service during windy/rainy conditions was uninterrupted except during extreme conditions. Our experience is that even during mild wind and rain the service is problematic. The initial installation was so poorly done that the dish had to be realigned within a week and the entire installation had to be redone within two months. Incidentally, the company has no record of a technician coming to our house the first time. That is Scary. While I was deployed, my wife had a hard time getting proper service and had to get help from our neighbors in getting a service tech to come out and fix the issue. The result was weeks with out proper service. Finally, my wife gave up trying to get the problems fixed and waited for me to return from my deployment. Direct TV took this as a sign the service was trouble free. I was also overcharged for movie channels I had not ordered and had to argue over a long distance call from the Middle East to get the charges corrected. I called customer service and spoke to a Ms. Raychel (Employee # [protected]) who said a supervisor would call me within 72 hours. There was no call back. I called customer service and asked to speak to a supervisor. I was transferred to a Ms. Jennifer (Employee # X3136) who claimed to be a supervisor. She gave her supervisor's name as Ms. Lashonda but that Ms. Lashonda was not available then transferred me to a Mr. Sergion (Employee # 210221). Mr. Sergion was unable to give me a job title and claimed to be the highest level supervisor at Direct TV. Mr. Sergion told me that customer service was not answerable to customers and rather that the customer was to act according to what customer service directed. SO THAT'S WHAT THE DIRECT IN DIRECT TV STANDS FOR. WELL SLAP MY BUTT AND CALL ME CHARLIE. Direct TV has not kept the promise of good service. We have suffered through faulty installations, bad service, and rude service representatives. Don't ever deal with these clowns. EVER.

• Ca
    caspa Jan 02, 2010

DTV is the worst company I've ever delt with. Their adds are false they don't tell you it's a two year contract once you get their service and that canceling your servive is going to cost you $300. Their customer service is by far the worst I've ever delt with and they lie through their teeth trying to scheme your hard eaned $ out of your pocket. To anyone thinking of getting their service DON'T unless you like throwing you $ away.

• I just got Direct Tv wish I had read the complaints first. The tech was more interested in intertaining me with his routine about how he exasperates his boss(I guess he is trying out for comedy central) than doing his job, This may be why he goofed up my phone service while connecting the TV modem to the phone line. I have been out of service for almost a week on my phone which is still through another company, and I can't get them to come out since they say they have nothing to do with my phone service. I can't seem to explain to them that this is their responsibility since their tech is the one who screwed up my phone. I am using my cell to try to contact them and they don't seem to care that I am burning minutes because they won't fix this problem I haven't had service two weeks yet and am all ready extremely unhappy!

Mario 7 Dec 22, 2009

I agree with all of these complaints .DIRECT TV SHOULD BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS .
    I WOULD NEVER HAVE DIRECT TV AGAIN AS LONG AS I LIVE,

• Ea
    Eagle580 Dec 18, 2009

Seems that you don't even have to give the a credit card number or have the dish installed to get screwed by Direct TV. Let me explain. After getting new electric service at my new home, I was given a $100 discount if I sign up for Direct TV. Direct TV called me on the phone and asked for my SS# and Birth date, to which I replied that I did not want any investigations into my credit, because it can negatively affects your FICO score, and I was waiting for a mortgage approval. They said I did not have to worry about it affecting my credit. Lo and behold, doesn't my mortgage company request a reason why Direct TV was on my credit report and my approval was being held up until I could explain it!!! I still didn't get the mortgage!! They taped my conversation "for Quality Control reasons" so I would love to hear how they can deny that this conversation ever happened.

• Te
    Terry Amman Dec 08, 2009

I just submitted a complaint to the Attorney General's office re: false billing by Direct TV.
    Long story short... They have not once, but 3 times charged me for adult porn movies which WE NEVER ORDERED. They state that they have proof...but only read off receiver #'s which means nothing to me. They have even claimed that we rented these movies when we were not even physically at home...even out of state one time.
    My conclusion: 1)They are simply lying, or 2) Have grave issues with their equipment.
    I urge you all to contact the Attorney General's Office and submit a formal complaint if you feel that you have been, "Ripped off", by DTV and are not getting results by speaking with the manager. The process is simple...
    www.AGO.MO.GOV (this is probably for MO, but you can do this in any state that you live in)
    Signed,
    Very disatisfied with DTV.

• Jj
    JJWIlliams Nov 28, 2009

11/28/09: Dish Network offers on line service for payment of bills and other options. There web site is a joke with contiuned message of web site having difficulties try again. This from a company that puts satilites up but can't maintain a reliable web site.

Payment information is submitted and then a message is displayed regarding site diffciulties. 4 months in a row this has occurred, tried paying by phone twice and the screwed the banking infomation so my bank rejected payment, then the hit me with late charges. I would not recommend Dish to anyine, and would urge those currently enroledd to cancel and look to other options. THere are far too many other complaints available on the web. They don't deserve your money.

Contacting customer service is worse than having a "root canal"

It appears Dish is under the direction of "Laurel and Hardy" and that is giving them a break.

• Pa
    Patrick Dynek Nov 20, 2009

We agreed to a 49.99 a month package yet our first two bills were for 71.00 and our last two bills were for 91.oo! We called them repetedly but no correction was made. We really can't afford it now so we are going to have to stop payments. We never recieved a written contract for 49.99 so they started cheating us from the start, charging us what what they will. Someday these bottom feeding gangsters will be regulated, they know this, so they're out to steal as much from the customer as they can. I am putting together letters to the BBB, AARP, and the AT's office. I think too a letter to the IRS is in order as I'll bet the money they overcharge us isn't really reported. I warn anyone who reads this to stay away from direct tv.

• Ru
    Rubert Nov 19, 2009

Part a) A Dish Network (partner) salesman comes to my house and lies my wifes face. Tells her "Dish network has purchased DirectTV and you might as well change now or you'll be forced to in a few months." DirectTV is a service we had been very pleased with for several years.

Part b) Having been coerced and signing a contract under false pretenses they install some dvr's. I come home and nothing is working right. I call DISH customer service and after an hour they determine we were given the wrong equipment.

Part c) Days later the equipment is replaced with two more dvr's.

Part d) A few months later both dvrs' are rebooting at random times daily. We have to turn them off to sleep. Then, to watch tv we have to turn them on and wait ten minutes.

The final straw) I cancel the service because I'm fed up. They still insist upon charging me $240 for the cancellation of contract. The 'customer loyalty representive' I was eventually transferred to says 'I understand that you've had a terrible experience and that you feel the contract was signed under false pretenses, but the charge is "automatic"'.

• Bo
    bobtheman Nov 14, 2009

Downgrade? That's a new one.

chris286 Nov 14, 2009

Tonigh I tried to view channel 152 to see the local college football. My satellite box tried some 10+ times to dial your service, but each time the box received "busy"

Next, I tried caling dish network... the first attempt was disconnected, the second routed to a "college package deal" which I did not want!

Next, I retried calling and got through to one of you operators... she told me I had to "buy a package" I told her to connect me to a supervisor as this was unacceptabel!

Your supervisor tild me that I could get the channel wanted (152) by downgrading... uinfortunately that would mean losing some channels we watch.

Why is this so? It is certainly not a technical issue, of that I am certain!

Nest, I tried to log-on online... it took me 10 atempts... with the stupid web site asking questions I had already answered!

This has got to be the worst service I have ever encountered! You can bet that I will be looking at alternative services (Time Warner Cable will allow me to order this channel individually.! why not Dish?)

I do not care about any cancellation charges... you can bet that I will cancel my Dish Network Service as sson as I have Time Warner, AT&T (Uverse) or Verizon (FIOS) installed...

You service is the worst I have encountered, and I regret the day I selected Dish Network!

Rgds

Chris J Bussey

• Do
    Douglas W. from Mich Nov 14, 2009

Directv should change their name to bend over and take it in the ___ TV. What a joke, try to make the free move they offer, it's $50.00. How can a free move cost $50.00.. Try and get their discount package, when you try to sign up you are already past their date to apply. They are just rip off artists...

• Ro
    RobMosher Nov 08, 2009

Well as I have found as of today Direct TV is the epitome of the Bait and Switch sales tactics.
    Essentially the sales people told me what I wanted to hear not what the truth was. I still have to flip through an ungodly amount of spanish channels for which they said I wouldn't have to ...I shouldn't, I live in the U.S.A.
    They also told me I would get to watch my NFL on Sundays which is my only day off and said the NFL Sunday Ticket was included in my package. It's not. Weird how for the first 3 weeks I had Direct TV how I was able to watch the 49ers play and then all of a sudden, today, I have to pay and am now unable to watch the game. the grace period for cancellation is 24 hours (not enough time to really determine if you like it) and you are locked in to a 2 year contract. I told them I may want to cancel but they told me if I were to cancel then it would cost $440.00. BS !!!

I am extremely Unhappy, Disappointed, Frustrated and Annoyed at Direct TV. I do NOT recommend them. Just deal with the cheapest package until your contract is up then go back to Cable, Dish NetWork or something else.

• Mr
    M.R.S. Nov 02, 2009

It is hard to even start where I went wrong picking Direct. I bought a box off e bay with a card and called to get the "deal" of 200 chanels for the price of 34.99 for a year. The girl took all the info and did the rebate online with me!!! First bill 60.99 second bill 60.99 and third today 60.99 and I have called and can name seventeen people I have talked to. They said it takes 6 to 8 weeks for te rebate to kick in! OK WELL on THEIR website it says IF you do the rebate BEFORE installing it will be on your first bill! I did that and now they say their employee they hired didn't do it right and I have to pay the 60.99 for 6 to 8 more weeks since the reabate got done today! Last month Scott the supervisor I got said it was pending on his records and NOW it was never done! I have spent over two hours on the phone today and got cut off once. Last month I called on my cell and got cut off twice and came home from a trip (ours is in a motorhome) and called from land line and got cut off twice again! Today I told each one do NOT cut me off and I did get cut off once! If my motorhome would take dish I would change but dish has a different system and every time you change stations it searches and takes forever! I am so glad we have charter in our home I would never have dish in my home!!!