Direct TV — property damage
Property damage by direct tv:
Three years ago I had direct tv contractor come to my condo to install direct tv service. The worker was inexperienced and unaware of proper installation procedures. He went to the attic of my walk in closet in the search of cable points and stepped on the fire sprinkler system causing my two bedroom condo to flood. The flooding caused loss of valuable materials and sentimental memorabilia. The entire place was inhabitable for a month... As my condo was being worked on.In the meantime I lived in a hotel, with family and friends when the bills got expensive. At the same time I filed a complaint with direct tv for expenses incurred. It has now been three years and I am still fighting this legal battle which has cost me thousand of dollars.
Bottom line: direct tv through their lawyers have dragged this case on and on claiming they hire contractors who hire sub-contractors to do the installation.In fact the two companies contracted by direct tv don't have license to operate legally in virginia. Direct tv was unaware of this. They claim they are not liable and that I should go after the contracting company. But I didn't call the contracting company j&j I called the direct tv number as advertised and promised to have professional installation done. I am still fighting... But to all of you there please hire someone else...
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks!
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience!
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion
- Direct TV - someone elso opened an account with my last name and address
- Direct TV - failure to get proper credits on my bill
- Direc TV Support - very poor service
- DirecTV - no show installation
- DirecTV - new guide change