Direct TVbilling department

When I initially signed up for the Direct TV and ATT combo service, it sounded like a good deal. I didn't know that they would charge my account an additional $200 to combine both accounts and retro the ATT services and change the services to a combo contract. After over 10 hours of dealing with Direct TV and ATT, I couldn't handle it anymore and just paid the $200 because I really liked my ATT service and didn't want to lose it because of DTV.

After one year of DTV, I called to cancel the service completely. I spoke with the representative and answered a series of questions and they determined that the cancellation fees could be waived because the place I was moving to wasn't DTV capable. They also said they would send me my recovery kits so I can return their equipment.

I CALLED them back 8 days later because I didn't get the kits and they told me I had 21 days to return so I didn't want to miss the deadline. I found out that the kit was sent to the wrong address and I also found out that the representative from the previous phone call did not note the system and that I was going to be billed the cancellation fee.

After one hour and three reps later (including a billing department supervisor), they told me that they lost the notes from the previous call (which was about an hour long) and that they would have to send a tech out to verify that the address was not DTV capable. I told her that I already dealt with the same issue in the previous call (I provided the date and time and the Agent ID # and name of the rep - I took notes and made sure because of my initial dealings a year ago) and still they said they lost the notes and that I had to pay the fee. They said I could fill out a form and mail or fax it to dispute. I told them that it has taken me 2 hours to resolve the issue with multiple reps and NOTHING WAS RESOLVED. THE SUPERVISOR THEN SAID SHE WOULD TRANSFER ME TO ANOTHER REP TO SET UP AN APPT! I lost it and hung up on them. DIRECT TV CUSTOMER SERVICE AND BILLING IS H O R R I B L E. DO NOT SIGN UP. IT IS NOT WORTH!