Direct TVbilling

K

we were with directv for about 20 years until this march and we canceled our service was told to send back our living room receiver and all the access card which we did paid the last bill of 26.71 then got a bill today for 56.66 for pay preview movies back from 2009 that we did not order and said that they were stored on the access card, because we did not have the receiver hooked up to a land line, their web site says you must have your receiver hooked up to a land line to be able to order with the remote that you will have to call customer service or order online. So how do you order with the remote with no land line Their answer was you get a complimentary for the first few times you use it. really is that one, two, three, four, or five, five is what we were charged for 56.66 I would never tell anyone to use directv they are real crooks.

• Re
    Reda Adams May 05, 2017

I was advised by ATT that if we changed to Direct TV it would be better and also much cheaper. Wasn't convinced that it was better than Uverse nor was it cheaper. On New Years Day we were looking forward to seeing the Rose Parade and the Rose Bowl games. WE didn't see either. WE lost the station it was viewed on. It was a yearly expectations to see those programs. I called and talked to Direct TV and was advised they didn't know if or when they would they would get the station back. I cancelled my service because they didn't keep the stations especially the local station we thought we were getting when we signed up for Direct TV. Now they want to charge us $360.00 for early cancellation fee when they were the ones who didn't keep up the agreement. Also every month they charge us $9.00 late fee for not paying the $360.00. If they had kept the our local channels we would still have Direct TV.

Mark Butler Apr 20, 2013

Because I was charged for 1, installation when it was supposed to be a FREE installation. 2, Charging me 50.00 some dollars when I was told by Directv mind you that I wasn't supposed to pay anything to the person doing the work. 3, professional installation isn't running the cable through our screen door way. 4, Do I really have to hire a professional to run these cables to each room that we wanted TV s in, and then let them know when this is done . Then they will come out and hook up their cables. For them to come out to rectify the situation and redo the work they will charge us -----in addition to the 50 bucks that they already got from us------another 108.00 bucks. So, now what do you think????????????

Mark Butler Apr 18, 2013

I agree, Directv company needs to revamp their system. Make sure they help people professionally. Make getting in contact with people after the service reps can't help the customer. Like I said, I sent an e-mail out to California and all 5 of them never went through. It's as if they don't want to hear what you have to say and or give them the heads up that a customer has a complaint. Don't they want to be concerned enough to help. Have some good PR. I just can't believe all the complaints I have come across. So----what now???????

• Pa
    PaulDT Jan 15, 2013

I had to fight with them every month regarding billing. They continued to bill for HD service, that I did not order, want or utilize. Finally dropped them last week, also not as simple as you would think.

• Fr
    Frances Gable Dec 14, 2012

On 17 Nov I contacted Directv Customer Service regarding a billing error on my account [protected]. Directv had been taking money from my credit card for 4 months and applying to a different account. As instructed, I wrote a memo with all the details and Faxed it and the bank statements to Finance Department, [protected]. Calling back to Directv and verified all the documentation had been received. I was told to give the department 10 working days and the money would be returned to me. I have since talked with Ann, Denise and Shawn and all say no updates, finance has the information and no reviews have been completed. I have cancelled my credit card and always write checks in paying Directv so I am not sure how Directv obtained my Credit Card number. Can you please assist in this matter. The amount in question is $363.26 dollars. My email is [email protected], [protected], mailing address 12396 Big Island Highway, Big Island, VA 24526.

• Pa
    patrick03 Jun 24, 2012

DISH is also horrible, do not enter into a contract with them.

• MikeL DISH Jun 23, 2012

llm17176,

I saw your post and just wanted to let you know that we would love to have you with us! If you'd like to give us a try, let me know if you have any questions or give us a call at [protected]. Enjoy your weekend!

• Ll
    llm17176 Jun 22, 2012

Recently I had to cancel my services. Not because I wanted to, but because when I moved, you could not provide service to my current location.

So I was told to return my equipment. I hadn't received the boxes very timely, and when I did, I returned them, via the Post Office, with the required labels, on June 8th, 2012.

On June 22, I was charged $505 for the "unreturned" equipment. This was taken directly from my checking account. Leaving me about $100.00 in my account for the next week. I also had a pre-planned trip this weekend, which will now have to be canceled because I don't have the money to go. I called right away, and spoke with someone in your customer service. She told me that yes the equipment was returned. But it would take up to 5 business days to "reverse" the charges back to my account. That does not help me for paying my bills over the next week, now does it.

Before you charge someone for unreturned equipment, shouldn't someone check to make sure it was returned first??? If right away someone can look up my account and see it was returned, then they shouldn't charge. My guess is that you guys are trying to be fraudulent, thinking that maybe I wouldn't question the charges and you could just get $505 of my money.

On top of that, even though you can take money out of my account directly, you can't put it back in right away, which I find to be a bunch of crap. You guys should be able to call my bank directly and give them your account information and directly deposit the money back into my account. But apparently you don't care about the mistakes you make, or about correcting them.

Not only did I spend over 20 minutes with the first customer service rep... while she had me on hold to see if she could somehow reverse the charges, I got transferred to a different department. I told him I was on hold, and he said that there was no way to send me back to the person I was on hold with, and I would now have to explain it again. No freakin' way I was going to do that... And I told him so, and he automatically hung up and just transferred me to someone else, without saying a word. And not a supervisor either. I'll be asking for the tapes for the recordings "for quality assurance", as part of my law suit. As soon as someone answered I told them I did not want to speak to them, that I immediately wanted a supervisor. Why couldn't the first person I spoke to, who has my account information in front of her, call me back herself???? Why isn't that an option? Why would she automatically NOT bother to try to reach me?? That is suppose to be a part of customer service right?? Apparently not in your company.

Of course the supervisor stated the same thing, that there was no way to expedite the returning of my money.

So... Since I have to wait 5- to whatever days to get my money back, I'll be spending those 5 days contacting the BBB, Consumer Affairs, the media, as well as firing off as many letters to any representative in your company that I can. Not only that, but I will assure you that I will be filing a lawsuit for fraudulent fund activity; interest charged on the days I was not immediately paid back, including the weekend; as well as for the stress I am going through of only having $100 in my checking account for the next week.

The customer service, or lack thereof, has been horrible. I had wanted to go back to your company when we move in a year, however, you can guarantee that if I go to any satellite company, it will be Dish Network. And I will make sure that everyone I know, knows about your company's unethical business practices and poor customer service.

• Se
    seanda1 Apr 20, 2011

Be warned. If you choose to install DirecTV, be prepared to keep hard copies of your bills and receipts for payment for at least 3 years.

I had service with DirecTV for years with no problems. However, when I disconnected my service, I paid my final bill. However, they have continued to sporadically sent bills for different amounts. They state that I missed payments before I disconnected--from 2 and 3 years ago. I did not miss those payments, if I had missed payments they would have been reflected in my current balance over the last 2 years.

I have paid my "final bill" three times. Since I don't have receipts from 2 and 3 years ago, I have no way to prove that I've already paid the bill.

The Fair Credit Act gives creditors a 3 year statute of limitations on collections, so be sure to save your bills and receipts. I have never had this problem with any other cable company. But, I will start saving my reciepts for more than a year and I will NEVER USE DIRECTV again.

• Di
    Directv scammed me Mar 19, 2011

I chose to switch from Directv to another cable provider...after I just switched this last month, Directv just sent me a bill saying that in 2005, (6 years ago) I had ordered a movie that didn't show up on the billing...they cannot provide proof and the supervisor "David" told me to suck it up that they don't have to provide any type of proof--to pay it or go to collections...He then hung up on me...when you call back, each rep will say the exact same thing to you...I am so upset that they can take advantage of comsumers this way and out of the blue, send a billing from 6 years ago stating that they forgot to bill you and cannot provide proof...Will NEVER do business with DIRECTV ever, ever again! I want consumers to know that they are doing this to people!

• Cc
    ccochran28 Mar 19, 2011

I was overbilled by $75.00 and my service was interrupted for a past due balance of $77.00. The overbilling was the result of my upgrading my service to the Premier Package and returning a non-DVR receiver I had in my bedroom. When I called to correct the matter I was told by AN AUTOMATED SYSTEM (a recording) that no one at Directv was willing to speak with me until I paid $233.00 (equal to the past due balance and the amount due for next month’s service).
    After I paid the balance and Directv accepted my call I was told I wasn’t overbilled I was charged the correct amount but they were willing to offer me $30 off the Premier package for 6 months if I didn’t cancel. Imagine my surprise since that was the deal I was offered when I signed up for the package to begin with.
    The remaining $45 dollars in dispute was because I had not returned my receiver. Well…regarding that…I had waited 2 weeks for the return box and had called 1 week prior to my cancellation to inform them I had yet to receive it. They went ahead and charged the non-return fee regardless of their mistake. The box had gone in the mail before cancellation but it still takes an additional week for that amount to be credited to the account (or so I’m told).
    So…they do have good service but they hate the fact that they actually have to “Deal” with their customers. They just want the money and for you to “SHUT UP AND PAY ME”.
    Also, apparently their Legal Dept has instructed them to never admit fault in any situation...or so it seems. They gave the discount I was promised but explained that I didn't qualify for the discount when I intially signed up for the service but now (27 days later) somehow I do. They never acknowleged the fact they forgot to send me a return box but they sent it when I called and have now credited the non-return fee.
    DISCONNECTED FOR $77.00...less $30 for the discount I was promised...less $45 because they didn't send me a return box = $2. Frankly, I have no idea what that $2 is for and the way they write their bills (not unlike your cellphone company) not even a tax lawyer could figure it out.

• Me
    Merelee Ponder Mar 10, 2011

I was a Directv Client once before and they over billed and when it rain the service would go out, but after a call from Directv, I agreed to go back with them. I was offerd the Premier packit for 5 month. This service ended in 1/25/11 at that time I call and gaved notice to end the premier pack. I was help by employee [protected] Kasy and offered a chocie packet, this was to be $60.00 plus a $7.00 DVR Totle of $77.00 If I do eletronic funds transfer This was a something I could afford. But when my payment came it was $121.54 this along way from $77.00 dollars. I don't know who is receiveing this complaint and if there will be anything done about it, but I would like to be contacted

• Am
    amylee1978 Mar 07, 2011

i signed up for the nfl ticket and had to do the auto bill pay to get it. after the five months i had to cancel and knew i was going to have a early cancellation fee. i cancelled the auto bill pay via my online account. when the bill came on feb. 22nd i called and spoke to a gentleman that informed me that if i could not pay the whole fee on the 8th of march i would have 90 days to pay it off. i told him i could do that and to send me a paper bill and to not use my card. well on march 4th they took out all 405.96 for my account and my rent check would not be covered. when i called to find out what happened i was treated like garbage and was told that there was no way someone told me i had 90 days to pay it off. The lady i talked to also told me the bill was not due until the 8th so i could not understand how they could take it out four days early! I went to the bank to file a claim and i filed a claim with the better buisness bureau! Even if i don't get the money back at least i was able to trun them in! All the unhappy customers need to get together and try to do something about this!

• J2
    j27243 Oct 10, 2010

I have been a Directv customer for years. Last year their salesmen called me up and begged me to take some special promotion which gave me all the movie channels and the NFL package. I cancelled the special promotion a few months after that.

Today I noticed a charge on my bill for the NFL package. When I told them I never ordered that they said that not only would they not remove this months charge but I will continue to be charged an extra $50 per month for the remaining 5 payments.

I hate football, and have never watched a game in my life.

Nice little scam they have going there.

• Dm
    dmctexas Aug 19, 2010

I have run up against the lack of Customer Service by DirecTV yet again. Installation was a total nightmare, it took serveral weeks just to get the service up and running. The international service did not provide what we were told it would provide and we had to cancel it, which caused undue stress.

Now, they owe us money. What ever you do, DO NOT use paperless billing with what I think is a completely "our customers are only money to us" organization. I can not talk with the department that can resolve my complaint, I have to send them a fax, wait up to ten days for them to respond, probably by carrier pigeon. Individuals I have talked to are uncarring and only treat us like we are thieves. At DirecTv, I think the slogan should be "The Customer IS Only An Open Wallet To Us". They have my money and get free use of it, at my expense and financial loss, they did everything but call me a liar.

If you, like us, have DirecTv, my advice is to get out as quickly as you can.

• Br
    Brave Nov 18, 2009

I live in a small town, and the people here depend on Directv. I wish some more companies would please come to our town. I hate Directv and so does everyone here. They are the worst company I've ever known, and they do this stuff to us because they know there is no where else we can go. Directv leave you on hold for so long until you forget what you are calling for. If they come out to fix something, they will half fix it so you have to call them back and get another $75, if you don't have the extra charge put on your bill each month. If you miss a month payment, they make you pay the next month bill even before it comes out. I hate them and God is going to put them out of business. That is my prayer.

• Pt
    pthompson84 Sep 15, 2009

I am really pissed off with Directv. I owed the $183 which was my current bill, and one past due bill, and they automatically drafted $467 out of my checking acct. I call to get a refund of the difference which was like $267 because I moved, and no longer need the service. I requested my refund in May, and I've been lied to and pushed from customer service rep to customer service rep just to hear 10, 000 different excuses as to why I don't have my refund yet. These people are ripoffs. I need my money now to pay bills I currently have, my money is doing no good sitting in Directv when I don't even have service with them.

• Le
    lexanthon Aug 25, 2009

Are Directv's business practices legal? Are you one of those former Directv customers that was violated by Directv's shady business practices? Were you unjustly billed for early termination fees or for equipment that wasn't returned? Or were you one of those customers that was given the run around when dealing with customer service? Or are you one of those customers that was promised the world by their sales staff? Or did they charge your bank account without authorization for charges that were wrong?
    Its time we as the consumer stand up and fight for what is right. Its time to organize and spread the word about Directv's unscrupulous business practices.
    Follow the link below and leave your comment.

• Re
    realist May 07, 2009

They do not screw you at all!!! Take a look at all the fine print and the customer agreement, how in the hell do you expect them to tell you all of the stuff upfront?????? That would take HOURS and you wouldnt listen to that, dont be and idiot. Why did you fail to make sure you were educated as a consumer before making your decision??? So now you are complaining because you failed to keep YOURSELF INFROMED!!

• Di
    Disgusted by Dishonesty May 07, 2009

Anyone signing up with these people READ ALL THE FINE PRINT! What they tell you up-front and what is written in the small print are usually two different things. After a while your charges inch up and the Customer Service people are USELESS! I don't mind paying for service, but I don't like being screwed - and not not only is their customer service nonexistent, but they screw you over with their pricing. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Sabrina A. Carraway Feb 09, 2009

I was given one price for the package and two weeks after the installation was done, Directv went into my bank account and took out an amount that was greater than what was quoted. I spoke with one customer representive who stated that the over payment would be credited to my account. Later, I received a new bill which showed that nothing was credited to my directv account. I have spoke with numerous customer representatives without any help. Then I was told that if I wanted to cancel, I will be charged something like $250.00.

I don't understand why directv goes into your bank account and withdraws payment before services are rendered. In my case they went into my bank account two weeks after installation.

They told me the reason why my payment was high was because my rebate had not be processed. How is that my fault? The company never allowed time for it to be processed since they went into my bank account two weeks after installation.

I am very dissatisfied with Directv and I will tell all my friends and family not to get Directv. Stay with the cable company! I wish I had.

• La
    LaNelle Daughtry Oct 01, 2008

I feel that I am a victim of a “bait and switch” tactic on the part of DirecTV. I signed up for the Choice Plan after a representative quoted a monthly charge of $39.97 for 4 months and $55.96 after the promotional period; premium channels were included for 4 months. I asked and was told that this was an all-inclusive price except for taxes and $5.99 for insurance. The representative also told me that in August 2009, I could call and the $55 price would be extended for an additional year. I was informed that the first bill would be $67.97 but then the bill would revert to the promotional price. The first bill and each one since has been $89.97. When I questioned the billing a DirecTV representative rudely denied that I was ever offered the $39.97 price. I had taken notes during the initial conversation with Direct TV so I am positive about the terms I was offered. Although, the representative insisted that Direct TV never would have offered me these terms I went on your web site and the terms I was quoted are featured there as one of the available packages.

I was very satisfied with Comcast and only switched to Direct TV after being quoted a much lower price. I am a widow on a limited income and a $50 monthly savings was a powerful incentive to change carriers. Now, I have ended up with inferior quality cable service at the premium price I was paying Comcast. This is not an acceptable outcome.

I want Direct TV to honor the price they quoted me or release me from a contract that was obtained under false pretenses. I have already filed complaints with the FTC, the Better Business Bureau, and the Local Franchising Authority and plan to pursue this matter vigorously until I receive satisfaction.

• Te
    terry sagaser Sep 03, 2008

We had directv installed and we received the tivo recording device. The recording device was faulty and had to return the tivo to directv(we had to pay shipping cost) the second tivo also didn't work properly. We shipped the second tivo back and received the third tivo only this time we have to pay a monthly rental fee for the third tivo. Directv told us the third time is the charm. Directv also changed our contract date to the day they shipped the third tivo (also a third time charm I suppose). Why do I have to rent a device that was to be included with the service. I have no control over the quality control concerning their products or the venders they purchase from so why do I get charged monthly for a faulty product from directv?